Sneeze Fetish Forum

Another Question for Photic Sneezers

Masked Chaos

So, I have yet another question for photic sneezers. This one was prompted by a statement from one of my friends, so here's the question:

Does the intensity of the light affect the strength of your sneeze? For example would sunlight prompt a stronger sneeze then say a lamp?

Just curious, thanks in advance ^_^

Nope, no difference with the intensity of the sneeze. However, if my sleeping pills haven't quite left my system in the morning (if I took them later than usual or if I wake up earlier than anticipated), sneezes triggered by the photic reflex are stronger, and also tend to come in slow fits. It's not listed as a side effect, but my body always does weird things so I'm not even surprised. 

19 hours ago, facet said:

For me, it usually has to be the sun for it to trigger at all

I can't say I've noticed the sneezes being bigger or smaller depending on just how bright out it is on any given day though

Although, I guess if it isn't quite bright enough, then it will just make my nose tickle like mad, which is more frustrating tbh. I'll typically actually stop and look towards the sun, proper, just to push it over the edge and sneeze

So, yeah, no real difference with the intensity, just how fast the sneezes come

Same here:watsup:

I do sometimes sneeze really powerfully from the sun but I’ve not payed attention to if the light is brighter. Something to look out for.

sexyhankysneeze

Sunlight is definitely more effective at triggering a sneeze 

Also light being unusually bright, eg if I get in my car straight after getting up on a sunny day, I'll sneeze halfway down the street

Any bright light will do it for me but the sun will trigger intense fits, usually while I’m driving unfortunately.  I’ve actually wondered if tinting my windows would help reduce this. 

4 hours ago, wonderfulllife2013 said:

Any bright light will do it for me but the sun will trigger intense fits, usually while I’m driving unfortunately.  I’ve actually wondered if tinting my windows would help reduce this. 

Out of curiosity, does that mean that non-sun light makes you sneeze less than the sun?

Thanks also to everyone for responding :D

4 hours ago, Masked Chaos said:

Out of curiosity, does that mean that non-sun light makes you sneeze less than the sun?

Thanks also to everyone for responding :D

If I’m trying to coax out a stuck sneeze, any light will usually help trigger it.  Sometimes I can make myself sneeze if I look at a light and my nose is irritated already.  

But the sun makes me sneeze completely involuntarily and with even greater intensity.  It happens everytime.

• 4 weeks later...

Bright light helps better, but the intensity is mostly a matter of how long it's been building up. Can take a minute or more sometimes.