Sneeze Fetish Forum

What are your best home remedies??

sickprincess

I've been sick for a month with a grating cough, which has now developed into bronchitis and a sinus infection. I've tried Mucinex, DayQuil/Nyquil, prescription Sudafed, VapoRub, steamy showers... pretty much everything you can buy at the drugstore, and nothing is helping. My chest hurts, I can't stop coughing, and my nose won't stop itching. I feel like I have to sneeze but it's been stuck for days (I've tried inducing and it won't work). 

Please dear God someone help me. What are your best home remedies for a cough/congestion?? I'm willing to try pretty much anything short of a Satanic ritual at this point (give me a few more days of sleep deprivation due to this cough and I'll be down for that). 

Thanks in advance <3 <3 

Okay, first off, you should definitely see a doctor about that, and we're not supposed to give out medical advice. 

Second, as far as home remedies go, I had a cough for over two months (went to the doctor, they told me to let it run its course), I tried everything, but the only thing that worked was the simplest, cheapest solution imaginable: gargling salt water, many times a day. So that's really the only thing I can recommend trying. But still, see a doctor. 

I have seen a doctor, and they gave me an inhaler to use, but it'll take about a week to really work. I'll definitely delete this post if it's not appropriate but I'm not looking for medical advice, just home remedies. I'll definitely try the salt water though!

On 12/6/2017 at 8:04 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

I had a cough for over two months (went to the doctor, they told me to let it run its course),  

Find a new doctorB)

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 3:51 AM, sickprincess said:

I have seen a doctor, and they gave me an inhaler to use, but it'll take about a week to really work. 

Okay. :) I hope it works, few things are as draining as persistent coughing. Get better soon!  

11 hours ago, Hizzoner duh Mare said:

Find a new doctorB)

Where I'm from, we don't get to choose which doctor to see, unfortunately. 

Have you tried Vicks on the soles of your feet at night? For some reason it apparently stops coughing....people swear by it! I've never tried it but I've heard many accounts of it working. 

darling have the spiciest crap you can handle and put a heating pad on your chest on warm or low or even medium if you can tolerate it the steam the heat will break the stuff up a little bit Vicks on your feet

Oh, I feel your pain. I had one of those in 2015 and wanted to die. I couldn’t breathe through my nose or stop coughing for anything. 

The only thing that helped me sleep at night (allowing me to breathe through my nose) was those nasal strips you buy at the drugstore. They actually pulled open my nasal passages enough to help me sleep, because no medication helped the congestion. I found myself wearing them during the day, too.

I also typically find that Mucinex makes things worse for me. I took it the last time I had a chest cold and felt so much worse! I stay away from Mucinex. Try Delsym DM - that really helped me for the cough until I could get the real stuff. I suggest you go back to your doctor and tell him you need prescription cough medicine. Your inhaler will help open things up but you need a suppressant until you can kick this. Sometimes these things progress to be nasty and past the point of home remedies, and the only thing that will help is the cough medicine. 

And the congestion, as you know, there is no prescription out there for :/ try the nasal strips, and also maybe a Nettipot? They sell both at CVS/any drugstore. 

Oh, PS. If the inhaler they gave you has steroids, you need to be careful about oral thrush. Look it up. It’s much easier to prevent it than to get rid of it. I’ve experienced it myself...it’s terrible! 

I hope you feel better soon! Those things suck! 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, facet said:

My friend turned me onto pineapple juice as a way to stop coughing

I've heard that. It has a natural cough suppressant