Sneeze Fetish Forum

Class Observation - Female

Sapphire

In class tonight, we discussed Freud and sexuality. The discussion was actually more detailed than that, but I will spare you the details and get to the sneezing.

One female student thought the articles that we read focused too much on bathroom symbolism and the "anal" stage. The professor said that the anal stage has always made sense to her because there is "just something pleasureable, not necessarily sexual, but pleasureable about going to the bathroom."

Then the female student countered with, "O.K. but like, what about sneezing? I mean, like, that's something that people do, and it's definitely a release." She was saying essentially that sneezing was pleasureable too, but in our articles it wasn't receiving the attention of other things. She was basically just saying that there are some other pleasureable bodily functions that don't get as much attention.

I can tell that I'm a lot better than I used to be about my fetish because I didn't even feel too embarrassed, and I kept eye contact with the girl talking and the professor (small class). I wanted the sneezing topic to continue, but the professor just paused, thought for a minute, and said, "Yeah, that's interesting." Then, we moved on.

Guest member052

Although I thought that Freud's anal stage was relative to cathartic cleanliness. When someone is being "anal" it means they are being obsessed with detail. This is a sublimation of a feeling of guilt brought on by reproach for messy bathroom habits at an early age. "Anal retentive" I've forgotten or I've never learned it, but this is how I learned the "anal" stage.

I don't think sneezing could be related to the "anal" stage because it is not associated with something bad in our society. Fecal matter is so psychologically and sociologically despised that it has its own swear word. You may relate them in a poetic manner as that student did, but psychologically they are separate. Sneezing will feel good to anyone who has a subconscious desire to lose control.

Although I thought that Freud's anal stage was relative to cathartic cleanliness. When someone is being "anal" it means they are being obsessed with detail. This is a sublimation of a feeling of guilt brought on by reproach for messy bathroom habits at an early age.  "Anal retentive" I've forgotten or I've never learned it, but this is how I learned the "anal" stage.

I don't think sneezing could be related to the "anal" stage because it is not associated with something bad in our society. Fecal matter is so psychologically and sociologically despised that it has its own swear word. You may relate them in a poetic manner as that student did, but psychologically they are separate.  Sneezing will feel good to anyone who has a subconscious desire to lose control.

Anybody who's ever potty trained a kid knows "anal retentive". Most children experience a feeling of panic the first few times they attempt a bowel movement without a diaper. With the diaper, the excrement remains close to the skin (irritating, but a bit of a shock when you first experience a complete removal of it). Apparently it has to do with the feeling that a part of their body is falling off completely.... Some kids panic to the point that they will RETAIN bowel movements in order to avoid this sensation (get where this is going?) thus ANAL RENTENTIVE :P

Lynne

LOL @ Lynne! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Actually, I think sneezing IS considered by some in society to be a "bad thing". It spreads germs and is considered "not polite" in certain social situations. This is why MANY people stifle so that the sneeze will not be heard. That way, they do not call attention to themselves and disrupt the social situation.

Also, covering one's mouth is a way to keep the "disgusting" spray from spreading. Why would people bother if it were considered socially acceptable? :laugh:

~Frack :P

Archived