Sneeze Fetish Forum

Paragraph Spacing

Blah!?

In the past I've noticed that the forum would always add a its own space after every paragraph or new line. I tend to do this manually when I write, so I always end up having to go back and delete the extra spaces whenever I copy a story into here to post it. Today, however, I noticed that the automatic spaces after paragraphs have disappeared, resulting in my PMs and stories looking very squished together and thus harder to read.

Has this happened to anyone else? If it's been a setting in the forum all along, I've never been able to find where to turn it off. Maybe it's also a setting in my browser, though generally none of this has happened before on other websites and even other forums, so I doubt that's it.

And if this whole automatic space between paragraphs thing is totally news to everyone and my stories and posts have always looked like massive walls of text with no formatting, you have my sincerest apologies.

This was me!

Sorry, the paragraph spacing was always super inconvenient (I found..) especially on mobile, as there was no option to turn it on or off. So it was either a new paragraph, or nothing. 

It's just a forum setting and I am happy to turn it back to how it was before if people would prefer that! I just tried it as a test, honestly, to see if it would work, and sort of forgot to turn it back :lol:

ETA: I had no idea it would affect previous posts... I thought it would just be new ones. This does seem a little bit inconvenient..

4 minutes ago, facet said:

Oh yeah, I don't care for that look at all

The spacing is something that I build into my stories so now it looks all wonky and wrong. I personally don't process block text well. Something in my brain doesn't like it so when I see a mass of text on here, I usually just click away

Totally agree with you. :thumbsup: 

Noted :rofl:

I've changed it back, so everything will be as it was now xD sorry for the kafuffle :P

8 minutes ago, PuddinPop said:

Noted :rofl:

I've changed it back, so everything will be as it was now xD sorry for the kafuffle :P

Meeeh, don't worry. Trial and error. :P

On computer it makes no space if you use enter+shift. I don't have the slightest how to do it on phone, though. 

Just now, Chanel_no5 said:

On computer it makes no space if you use enter+shift. I don't have the slightest how to do it on phone, though. 

I've never been able to figure it out on mobile either, as there is no shift key. And I'm basically never on my computer because it takes 400 years to load up :lol: but it's only a really trivial inconvenience. I've worked around it for years, so am happy to continue to do so :P

Cool, thanks!

I'd be okay with it either way, as long as it's consistent. I'm perfectly happy leaving it as it is.

Archived