Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sick day guilt

Heathcliff

I called in sick to work today, though if I really had to I probably could have gone in. 

I feel weirdly guilty and ashamed about this. Do any of you feel the same?

Weirdly sick days remind me of being a kid and seeing odd daytime TV.

Yes, I know that. I feel terribly guilty although I only call in sick when I can't move anymore (like I v** all night and feel like fainting any moment).   

Oh... and get well soon, IkPWJa85tTJuRCpw10DXc6vY2ByTOmK9HCjnfyXe @Heathcliff

I feel guilty about it too. And more than guilty, I feel anxious. Like, I really want to prove to everyone that I am actually sick, otherwise I think that they won't believe me xD But I am that terrible person who always drags themselves into work when sick and probably infects everyone else :laugh: I'm pretty lucky because I rarely get a V related illness; maybe one every 5 years or something. It's always migraines or an infection of some sort with me (yay for being immunocompromised!)

Going off a little on a tangent, but you mentioned about weird daytime TV like when you were a kid. I'm almost 28, and even now, I am always DEATHLY TERRIFIED of leaving the house when I'm sick, just in case anyone from work sees me and will be like AHA YOU'RE NOT SICK AT ALL. My parents always drilled it into me when I was a kid that 'if I'm too sick to go to school, I'm too sick to go out'. That's still a thing for me now, and I basically never leave the house when I call in sick :rofl:

I also feel guilty whenever I stay home from work and usually try to make it until the weekend. But it also depends on the illness. When I know that it might be something more serious than just a plain, but bad cold, or a stomach bug, it is easier for me to stay home without a guilty conscience, since I know that people would prefer me to be home than to give them whatever I've got.

6 hours ago, PuddinPop said:

I am always DEATHLY TERRIFIED of leaving the house when I'm sick, just in case anyone from work sees me and will be like AHA YOU'RE NOT SICK AT ALL. My parents always drilled it into me when I was a kid that 'if I'm too sick to go to school, I'm too sick to go out'.

Me too! Even if I just have to go out to get food, more tissues, or medicine, I'm trying to make it as quick as possible in case anybody from work sees me. Which is stupid, since I live alone and am the only person who can get these things for me :rollhmm:

As a kid, I would always watch Family Feud, which was on at around 10 or 11 in the morning ^_^

And of course I hope you'll get well, soon, @Heathcliff :)

Allllllll the freaking time. Even when my boss is clearly okay with it, I still feel like the validity of my illness is being scrutinized.

Archived