Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does Having a Sneeze Fetish mean you're a Sadist?

JolliLolli

I mean, the definition of Sadism (as Google gives it) is: 

"The tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

Is that not what 90% of this forum offers? Idk, I'm just making an observation. I'm a sick freak too, believe me.

I don't like it at all when people are legitimately miserable and suffering, so no, not for me.

Some people on here would probably fall into this category, yeah. Especially those into the humiliation aspect. 

I like h/c, and the mild suffering that comes with mild/minor illnesses like colds, but if the person is genuinely suffering, then no. I don't like it. 

I think fiction is a grey area because it isn't about real people with real feelings. I can get into more angst in fiction, but it's pretty much a total buzzkill for me if I know someone IRL is genuinely suffering. 

Ah, let's play with semantics. ^_^ 

Inflicting it? That would imply that you'd gain the pleasure from inducing someone, actually making them sneeze. Some like that, but I think the vast majority of us prefer when the sneezing is natural. So by word definition, unless you want to make somebody sneeze, you're not a sadist. 

I rather think it seems more like the majority here want to TAKE CARE of the sneezer, and that hardly sounds sadistic to me. 

Personally, I want the sneezes to be completely natural, not induced by either me or the sneezer themselves, but I do like the misery, the itchiness and the loss of control, and I have little to no interest in the caretaking aspect. I generally prefer fictional characters because then I won't have to feel guilty about it (which I do if it's an actual, real person suffering), and it's the only sadistic streak in my entire being, so I would probably make a pretty lousy sadist in the world of actual (sexual) sadism. 

18 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Ah, let's play with semantics. ^_^ 

Inflicting it? That would imply that you'd gain the pleasure from inducing someone, actually making them sneeze. Some like that, but I think the vast majority of us prefer when the sneezing is natural. So by word definition, unless you want to make somebody sneeze, you're not a sadist. 

I rather think it seems more like the majority here want to TAKE CARE of the sneezer, and that hardly sounds sadistic to me. 

Personally, I want the sneezes to be completely natural, not induced by either me or the sneezer themselves, but I do like the misery, the itchiness and the loss of control, and I have little to no interest in the caretaking aspect. I generally prefer fictional characters because then I won't have to feel guilty about it (which I do if it's an actual, real person suffering), and it's the only sadistic streak in my entire being, so I would probably make a pretty lousy sadist in the world of actual (sexual) sadism. 

I guess. But the way I see it, you're still gaining some form of sexual pleasure from the person's suffering/misery, whether you're the one inflicting it or not. Fyi, I totally fall into the sadistic category by your definition. I won't try to deny it. XD

1 minute ago, JolliLolli said:

I guess. But the way I see it, you're still gaining some form of sexual pleasure from the person's suffering/misery, whether you're the one inflicting it or not. Fyi, I totally fall into the sadistic category by your definition. I won't try to deny it. XD

That's basically how I see it as well. I view myself as "sadist light" regarding the fetish. But if we strictly go by the word definition, someone who enjoys inducing someone who doesn't enjoy sneezing is a sadist, but not other sneeze fetishists. The morals of it is a different story, we can discuss and argue about the morality in regards to the fetish until the world ends, but the exact definition of the word "sadist" is something else entirely. :) 

Just now, Chanel_no5 said:

That's basically how I see it as well. I view myself as "sadist light" regarding the fetish. But if we strictly go by the word definition, someone who enjoys inducing someone who doesn't enjoy sneezing is a sadist, but not other sneeze fetishists. The morals of it is a different story, we can discuss and argue about the morality in regards to the fetish until the world ends, but the exact definition of the word "sadist" is something else entirely. :) 

Good point. And also, probably not until the world ends, because all I'd need to say is: From a societal standpoint, making someone sneeze or gaining sexual pleasure from sneezing is generally seen as immoral/just plain creepy. Period.

I don't like sickness, fevers, weakness, hurt/comfort and so on.

Love allergies because there are a bunch of uncontrollable sneezes in them, but if they are actually suffering I stop enjoying it, and for example other symptoms as itching eyes aren't a turn on. The"embarrassment factor" doesnt play a huge role on my fetish either. Like, a simple "Sorry" is just polite (and I'd take away the idea that there's something to be sorry about rather quickly anyway lol).

So at the end I just like allergies as "unexpected, uncontrollable sneezing". That said though, most of allergic vanilla people actually find that at least annoying physically, embarrassing to happen in public, sometimes they can't do things they would like because of them, so on.. So deep deep inside I'm still enjoying something that makes them at least uncomfortable.

Is that sadism? Maybe dunno.

(By the definition you gave obviously no, actually the "inflicting pain" leaves most of members here out of the game.)

5 minutes ago, Rather.Doubtful said:

I don't like sickness, fevers, weakness, hurt/comfort and so on.

Love allergies because there are a bunch of uncontrollable sneezes in them, but if they are actually suffering I stop enjoying it, and for example other symptoms as itching eyes aren't a turn on. The"embarrassment factor" doesnt play a huge role on my fetish either. Like, a simple "Sorry" is just polite (and I'd take away the idea that there's something to be sorry about rather quickly anyway lol).

So at the end I just like allergies as "unexpected, uncontrollable sneezing". That said though, most of allergic vanilla people actually find that at least annoying physically, embarrassing to happen in public, sometimes they can't do things they would like because of them, so on.. So deep deep inside I'm still enjoying something that makes them at least uncomfortable.

Is that sadism? Maybe dunno.

(By the definition you gave obviously no, actually the "inflicting pain" leaves most of members here out of the game.)

Congladuration. You are a semi-normal person. :thumbs_up:

-> Oh Ch.5 had already stated the "inflicting" issue, I didn't see any comment after the first one while I was writing mine. 

-> Haha who would be abnormal?

-> The discussion you are having now is kinda complex, but in general I'd say, because of the way fetishes are "created" in human mind it is hard to say anything about them regarding morals, or at least about having a specific fetish, that goes for sneezing or for necrophilia the same.

As a rather shoking viewpoint though I actually think we have some control on having fetishes or perhaps increasing/decreasing them with the right kind of settings, so I don't apply the same "morality rule" to every fetishist, stage of a fetish and so on.

Im aware that's a highly controversial opinion though! And it's my experience only.. 

Anyway, sorry for my English.

Back to the topic. 

13 hours ago, JolliLolli said:

I mean, the definition of Sadism (as Google gives it) is: 

"The tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

Is that not what 90% of this forum offers? Idk, I'm just making an observation. I'm a sick freak too, believe me.

That's actually a very interesting discussion; and I like that you think about that topic. That means, you're observant and reflective about your own preferences and don't act without consideration.

13 hours ago, JolliLolli said:

Is that not what 90% of this forum offers?

No. A clear: no. Because, what the forum offers to 90% are stories. Stories are fictional. I admit that I love torturing fictional characters - known ones in fanfiction or my own OC's. But I'd never like to harm anyone in real life.

So, what would that mean? Am I a "sadist" because I love reading and writing stories about sick and injured men? Apart from the fact that I also love to give these poor characters someone who loves them and cares for them, I think that's rubbish. It would make every writer who shows their characters in distress a sadist, or it would make them to killers when they write about the death of a character. And the same would count for every painter, every composer etc.

Fiction and real life are not the same. Although having the fetish also means that there is some kind of reaction when I see an attractive man who probably suffers from a cold and looks as if he had a fever. But even that is kind of *fictional* for me. Because, the moment I know this person better, if it's a friend or family member who's sick, I feel nothing but worry and want to help them.

I'm with those who have said that they don't enjoy seeing other people suffering.

As luck would have it (and I think at least some of it must be down to luck), that side of the fetish doesn't appeal to me in any case. I've always enjoyed random sneezes far more than any that are as a result of colds or allergies, so I've never really been in a position of "enjoying someone's suffering".

:joal:

You all say sadist like it’s a bad thing. 😋 Honestly, I would have to admit that I do have a sadistic streak in me. And I think a lot of people do. Even in playful and seemingly innocent ways, I think lots of people get a rise out of a little bit of pain and suffering. Of course, with this fetish, I also like to comfort the person who is suffering. But I do still enjoy their suffering, especially if it’s a cold. So yeah, I can admit it. 😂

I feel like calling it sadistic is a bit extreme, though It does seem to fit in with the definition somewhat. However, I wouldn't call "sneezing" overly painful, unless you were sneezing blood or something at which point I feel that most of us would cease to find it attractive and instead feel sorry for the person. Regarding suffering and humiliation, I, for one, would find the loss of control more attractive than that fact that were "suffering", which just happens to be occurring at the same time. So I'd go with Chanel's view that, if the fetish is sadistic, it's "light sadism", but they're just my thoughts on the matter.

I think everyone's reason for the fetish is different, so it will change between each person, but to be honest I think of it as quite the opposite-- it's almost like I have an extra strong nurturing gene (care-taking is a big part of my fetish). So yeah, while I do get turned on a bit at their "suffering," it's moreso because they're willing to be so vulnerable and I get to then open my heart and nurture them back to health. That loss of control is a big part too. 

On 3/11/2018 at 8:26 AM, Hedgehog said:

It would make every writer who shows their characters in distress a sadist, or it would make them to killers when they write about the death of a character. And the same would count for every painter, every composer etc.

I never said that did I? If the writer (who for the sake of argument didn't have a sneeze fetish) did write their character in distress for no other reason then to advance the plot, they're not a sadist. But if a writer writes their character in distress and gains some kind of sexual pleasure from having said character in distress, then that makes them a sadist on some level.

Also, you only become a killer if you've actually killed someone. Not just if you write about the death of a character.  

• 1 month later...
beijoseternura

I think everyone sees the fetish in a different way and 'lives' it differently - in a different intensity. I would not enjoy it even if someone suffers from an allergy or cold. I myself would not claim that it means that you are a sadist, because I belong to the caretakers.

• 1 month later...

So then am I a masochist if I spend an afternoon visiting with a friend who has 4 cats in her apartment even though I KNOW I’m horribly allergic?  Or if I spend a lazy Saturday in the park when there’s a high pollen count?  🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't think so. From what I've observed, the thing people are getting off on isn't the pain element itself, necessarily. From what I've seen, it seems like most people here are focused on the loss of control (and the audio/visual of the sneeze itself). Otherwise we'd be into pain in general, or at least pain from more angles instead of things that specifically remind us of sneezing (colds, allergies, general irritation around the nose).

So, I don't enjoy colds or sick people in real life.  I both feel sorry for them and am afraid of catching it.  Of course I try not to treat them like a leper, because it hurts my feelings when they do that to me...  But I don't enjoy it when anyone I know is sick.

I also am one who gets no joy in watching people get hurt (like in America's funniest home videos) or even a Roadrunner or Donald cartoon!  I always feel bad for the person getting hurt- even when it is clearly a cartoon and played for laughs.  I feel, "It's not funny!  They're obviously in pain!!"

But I DO like a certain amount of  suffering and helplessness in sneeze-fiction.  I like the person tying so hard not to sneeze and being unable to stop it and mildly embarrassed when they can't control themselves.

I like seeing a supernaturly powerful character put into a vulnerable state.  I like to see Q, or Loki, or a vampire, or a big powerful Demon character I created unable to stop themselves from sneezing.  (I also like episodes where these characters get turned human and have to learn how to be normal- get hungry, fall asleep, get a papercut- and have a hard time coping)

When I see this in fiction I feel the overwhelming need to comfort and protect this person.  I feel affection and love for them.  

Here is a story I would write/read/enjoy

Guy A is all powerful and protector of ordinary girl B

Guy A is afflicted by uncontrollable allergies which he tries to hide from girl B

Dispite being rendered ineffective and vulnerable, guy A STILL tries to protect girl B

Girl B becomes guy A's unlikely counter protector.

They find balance in their relationship protecting eachother (tho guy A never fully gets over himself and still thinks he "should" be above ordinary human frailties- tho he keeps that to himself)

Would you call that "sadistic"?

45 minutes ago, Medowsweet said:

So, I don't enjoy colds or sick people in real life.  I both feel sorry for them and am afraid of catching it.  Of course I try not to treat them like a leper, because it hurts my feelings when they do that to me...  But I don't enjoy it when anyone I know is sick.

I also am one who gets no joy in watching people get hurt (like in America's funniest home videos) or even a Roadrunner or Donald cartoon!  I always feel bad for the person getting hurt- even when it is clearly a cartoon and played for laughs.  I feel, "It's not funny!  They're obviously in pain!!"

But I DO like a certain amount of  suffering and helplessness in sneeze-fiction.  I like the person tying so hard not to sneeze and being unable to stop it and mildly embarrassed when they can't control themselves.

I like seeing a supernaturly powerful character put into a vulnerable state.  I like to see Q, or Loki, or a vampire, or a big powerful Demon character I created unable to stop themselves from sneezing.  (I also like episodes where these characters get turned human and have to learn how to be normal- get hungry, fall asleep, get a papercut- and have a hard time coping)

When I see this in fiction I feel the overwhelming need to comfort and protect this person.  I feel affection and love for them.  

Here is a story I would write/read/enjoy

Guy A is all powerful and protector of ordinary girl B

Guy A is afflicted by uncontrollable allergies which he tries to hide from girl B

Dispite being rendered ineffective and vulnerable, guy A STILL tries to protect girl B

Girl B becomes guy A's unlikely counter protector.

They find balance in their relationship protecting eachother (tho guy A never fully gets over himself and still thinks he "should" be above ordinary human frailties- tho he keeps that to himself)

Would you call that "sadistic"?

Not at all

On 6/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, NYCgirl said:

So then am I a masochist if I spend an afternoon visiting with a friend who has 4 cats in her apartment even though I KNOW I’m horribly allergic?  Or if I spend a lazy Saturday in the park when there’s a high pollen count?  🤷🏻‍♀️

Only if it gets you off.

--------

Seriously, this is a good question about semantics and kink and the overlap between fetishes. It is not necessary for anyone to get on the defensive, because no one is getting accused of anything. Sadism is a part of kink that some of us have and some of us don't. That's it. Share your views and experiences and preferences, but please, don't derail the conversation.