Sneeze Fetish Forum

Favourite book? And what did you last read?

Heathcliff

Do you have a favourite book? And what book did you last read?

My favourite book is probably The Once and Future King by T.H. White (all about King Arthur).

The last book I read is La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman.

The best book I've ever read in my entire life is "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. It was so good that I'm afraid of reading it again, out of fear that it won't be as good the second time. It's in a league of its own, definitely. 

Currently I'm reading a book about creating sustainable exercise routines for senior horses. It's not terribly exciting, but there are a few good tips there. Anything to keep my lady happy and healthy. ^_^ 

I have no idea what my favourite book might be. I read a lot books that aren't really in the Deep&Artistic category or considered noteworthy in any way...
That said I really enjoyed Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series (all though I guess I still have a couple of them to read) and several of the books I read for school back in the day (such as the book thief and the shadow of the wind (by Carlos Ruiz Zafón)).

The only things I've read lately are all the articles and such that I need to study for the entrance exams this year...

I hardly ever read truth be told but my favorite book of all time is definitely 'A Clockwork Orange'! And the last book I read was something by Dean Koontz that I can't recall the name of off the top of my head at the moment but it was equally enjoyable as well! :)

Edit: Its called 'The Taking'!

Confederates in the Attic: Notes from the unfinished Civil War, by Tony Horwitz. Funny as hell

My favorite is the Remembrance of Earth's Past series by Liu Cixin. Truly mind-blowing sci-fi books.

Last one I read was The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn.

11 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I hardly ever read truth be told but my favorite book of all time is definitely 'A Clockwork Orange'!

This is on my shelf but I haven't been brave enough to start it!

20 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

The best book I've ever read in my entire life is "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

Yeah- this book made a big impression on me. I had to read it for school but I'm so glad I did.

3 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

This is on my shelf but I haven't been brave enough to start it!

Oh man, I couldn't recommend it more! It's such a perfect blend of dystopian chaos and violence but still manages to show the effects that such a lifestyle has on the youth of the time. It's a splendid read if futuristic books are your thing! :) 

23 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Oh man, I couldn't recommend it more! It's such a perfect blend of dystopian chaos and violence but still manages to show the effects that such a lifestyle has on the youth of the time. It's a splendid read if futuristic books are your thing! :) 

I'd really like to read it. I'm interested in books which play with language. My problem is I'm a lazy reader, and I'm trying to get myself back in the routine of reading each day.

I admire people who can devour books. But I wouldn't give up my love of maths and code either. :)

(I also admire people who aren't fat but let's not go into that ;))

3 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

I'd really like to read it. I'm interested in books which play with language. My problem is I'm a lazy reader, and I'm trying to get myself back in the routine of reading each day.

I admire people who can devour books. But I wouldn't give up my love of maths and code either. :)

(I also admire people who aren't fat but let's not go into that ;))

Oh man I feel yeah on the lazy reading thing. I wish I could get into the habit of reading more but I've a rather short attention span. :lol: I would love to be more adept at coding or anything computer related really. 

Don't even get me started on weight, I've convinced myself to try some crazy new health fad but I doubt I shall be sticking to it!

Favorite book: I dont care but the Sandman Series.... :P

Last book read: im currently reading a book on greek mythology called: d'aulaires book of greek myths for my kids last unit for ELA

Favourite book is such a difficult question. I don't think I can identify one book and one book alone that stood out to me so much that I would feel comfortable with singling it out and choosing it above all other books I've read and loved. So let me take advantage of the list function of the forum (first time I'm using it, I think :lol: ) to mention my top books which are all competing for the title and which oscillate in and out of the position of "favourite book", depending on my mood and mindset. All of these books did have a deep impact on me and have vividly stayed in my imagination and memory ever since I've read them:

• I love the works of Timothy Findley. He was a brilliant author with a unique narrative voice, who knew how to weave together beautiful, poetic descriptions and insights into the human psyche, with just the right amount of historiographic metafiction :heart:
  • Stoker's Dracula will always have a special place in my heart
  • The Collector and The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles.
  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.
  • The Harry Potter series has to go on the list as well, because this was the book series I grew up with and I remember times where I've been eagerly waiting for the release of the newest part, making up theories as to where the story would lead to with my best friend.

Archived