Sneeze Fetish Forum

meeting yourself in real life..?

beijoseternura

beijoseternura

Hello - would you like to meet yourself in your real life?

Are there any questions you would ask yourself? Or how would you spend your time together for one day?

Can you imagine of how you would 'notice' yourself? Should yourself be in the same age as you are now, younger to give him or her some good advices or older so you can learn from their experiences? 

Thank you for your answers.

Maybe it's just because I very recently read The Outsider by Stephen King, which references a story by Poe in which that very thing happens, but it sounds like a horror scenario to me, in all honesty. I think I'd question my sanity.

I...this is heavy stuff right here XD

While I think that meeting myself would be interesting, that would require present me being in the same place and time as either future me or past me which is a BAD idea no matter what time travel theory you use.  Or, it could be a doppleganger but then that's not EXACTLY me because we would have different experiences even slight changes would make us very different people. 

Even were we to assume that it would be perfectly safe to meet future me or past me, I wouldn't want to give/ask for advice.  I would not give advice to my past self (though I would be tempted) because my past has made me who I am today, the good the bad and the ugly parts of it.  Would it be nice if I'd never had to go through the pain I went through a few years ago?  Absolutely!  Would I love to change the fact that as a child I decided not to go overseas as a student ambassador?  Of course I wish now I had gone!  But everything that has happened to me has happened for a reason I have to believe that, and has made me who I am today.  Changing anything, even the smallest detail, can cause big changes it's called the ripple effect.  And were I to meet my future self, I wouldn't want to ask for advice because I hate spoilers.  If you open up a book, read the first few pages then flip to the end to see the ending, there's no point in reading the book and you miss out on a (potentially) great story. 

So I think that if I were to meet myself...I wouldn't want it to be myself exactly I would want to meet my present day doppleganger, just to see how my life COULD have been different, and gain some perspective.

That’s a great question! It would be interesting to watch me from the outside. Inside I know how I feel but I try to keep a neutral face even if I’m nervous or some other emotion inside. I wonder if I hide certain emotions well. It would be fun to hang out with myself if the other myself didn’t know who I was. Yes I would give her advice. And id warn her about two things I still regret. Make that three things. I would also tell her to get checked out about five years before she did for a routine college exam. 

• 2 months later...

If you could set up a meet yourself scenario where the person I'm meeting shares all my history personality and everything, like an EXACT copy of me, but without time travel or consequences or whatnot...

I think it would be weird to spend a day with someone who knows everything about me and responds exactly the same way to things. I feel like I would run out of things to talk with myself about. But it could also be a super educational experience to listen to myself from an outside perspective. I would want to basically just hang out with myself, like go get tea or something and cook together, so I could know what it's like for people who hang out with me.

Archived