Sneeze Fetish Forum

Have you ever given handkerchiefs as a gift...

Luisa39

...to someone who had never routinely used them before?  A (female) friend of mine, who lives across the country from me, has been crying and depressed over various things lately, so I was thinking of buying her some pretty yet practical handkerchiefs, plus some eau de toilette, as a "thinking of you" present.  She's not currently a user of handkerchiefs (but has nothing against them), and I'm hoping that perhaps the gift will not only comfort her but also make her a convert.=D  Has anyone here ever done something like this before, and how did it turn out for you?

I've given them as gifts to women users and non-users and the latter are always maybe/maybe not.Some became regular or frequent users,others not.It depends.They may like the idea,but not like your choices.The women l know that use them all prefer large and practical to small and dainty. Many women prefer mens' handkerchieves for their size. I routinely use handkerchieves of both genders and my ladies' collection are all large--nothing smaller than 16 x 16",some as large as 20 x 20". Most are floral,some have lace or crocheted hems. Womens' handkerchieves are very variable.Some are really awful. Try Han Flower/Japan for really good ones (just google it) and hundreds will pop up.Over half my ladies' handkerchieves are from there. A great selection at any rate. Most women who try them for a couple weeks tend not to go back to tissues,but it's a guess for each individual.So nice that you use them.What are your preferences?  PM me if you may get long-winded.

Hi, Midnight, and thanks for the advice.  I do use handkerchiefs sometimes, and I prefer "feminine yet practical," which for me means plain white and not paper-thin, with lace or embroidery on the edge only.  That's the kind I'd be looking to give as gifts.  

None of my ladies' handkerchieves are paper-thin,or even very thin at all. I have none in the style you describe. The last six l gifted someone with were all large florals,very well-executed,some with rolled hems,and most with darker backgrounds,like red and burgundy roses on black with a gently scalloped border. Just a classic womens' blowing handkerchief. White is okay for some,but not all.

1 hour ago, midnight in paris said:

None of my ladies' handkerchieves are paper-thin,or even very thin at all. I have none in the style you describe. The last six l gifted someone with were all large florals,very well-executed,some with rolled hems,and most with darker backgrounds,like red and burgundy roses on black with a gently scalloped border. Just a classic womens' blowing handkerchief. White is okay for some,but not all.

I just bought some in exactly the style you describe here.  When they come, I'll send them along to my friend, and...take it from there.  Thanks!

Awesome! Did they come from the site l suggested? Their service is excellent too,and they're quick. Hope she uses them all the time. Keep me posted? Sorry l can't see the ones you picked out.

1 hour ago, midnight in paris said:

Awesome! Did they come from the site l suggested? Their service is excellent too,and they're quick. Hope she uses them all the time. Keep me posted? Sorry l can't see the ones you picked out.

Yes, indeed they did!  Thank you again!

I have purchased hankies for a gift for my gf, it's a super thoughtful and personal gift 

20 hours ago, Hankysneeze said:

I have purchased hankies for a gift for my gf, it's a super thoughtful and personal gift 

Has she used them and if so does she still use them?

8 hours ago, Hankyrick said:

Has she used them and if so does she still use them?

Yes she has used them, everyday.

I don’t think I’d ever gift handkerchiefs to someone I knew didn’t use them, to be honest.

hope your friend likes them!

13 hours ago, psychlone said:

I don’t think I’d ever gift handkerchiefs to someone I knew didn’t use them, to be honest.

hope your friend likes them!

She did, actually; I got a very appreciative "thank you" e-mail from her the other day.:)  I admit it was a bit of a risk, gifting handkerchiefs to her.  But then, she's known for a long time of my own preference for them, and she does like to read about fictional characters using them.  

Archived