Sneeze Fetish Forum

Oh, damn you, Diablo 3 (a happy/angry gush)

Wig_Powder

As I've mentioned in a few scattered posts over the last year or so, I've recently rekindled my crush on actor Dominic Keating, most famous for playing Malcolm Reed in Star Trek; Enterprise. His second most famous role, it turns out, is as the templar Kormac in Diablo III. I've enjoyed listening to his voice in various Youtube clips, but other than that, the game didn't hold much interest for me, either visually, story-wise, and especially gameplay wise.

Then I was scrolling through the IMDB page of my #1 crush, Ioan Gruffudd, to see if he's got any new roles coming up, and my jaw dropped when I noticed that one of his older roles was for "Diablo III--Necromancer."

I immediately sought out video. And, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRyu0S4cnyw

It's far raspier than I'd expected, but 5:25 in particular definitely sounds like there's traces of a Welsh accent in there.

So, let me get this straight, Blizzard.

You have a playable character with Ioan's voice.

You have a companion voiced by Dominic Keating.

And you can have those two characters talk to each other.

Meaning that for several minute stretches, I can listen to two of my major crushes interacting with each other (sort of; I highly doubt Ioan and Keating actually recorded their lines together).

God damn it, I'm going to buy this game, aren't I?

Buy it, I've done that many times because the games I find have my favorite voice actors in them (Johnny Yong Bosch, I hate you for making me buy Danganronpa 2, but I love you ahhh). Don't worry, you'll probably end up loving the games, not only because of the voices, but for the story and gameplay 😉

Oh, there's a 99% chance it's going to happen. I'm not thrilled by the fact that it's online only and that I have to have a Blizzard account to play it, but if I knock down the difficulty and focus primarily on the character interactions, I'm sure I'll have a good time.

Archived