Sneeze Fetish Forum

inner fear of talking about symptoms..

beijoseternura

beijoseternura

Hello everyonešŸ˜Š I hope you are fine??

I had some problems writing this post down - cause I feel a bit uncomfortable about it - but I wanted to ask if you had similar experiences or could give me some advice, please? Note: I don't ask you for therapy recommendations just for your advices, thank you.

So, in three weeks, I have an appointment with my pulmonologist. I have already written a post about my disease - in summary my symptoms are similar to asthma. My pulmonologist knows about my illness, but my problem is - it is very difficult for me to talk to him about my symptoms. In general I find it very tough so I never talked to anyone about it. I feel very uncomfortable and it feels like a humiliation to me.

I know that there are some of you who feel uncomfortable when you talk about allergies or cold symptoms. So I wanted to ask you: do you have any experiences or advices on how to get rid of this inner fear? How I can feel more comfortable?

For my pulmonologist it is important to know about all the symptoms, how often they occur etc. - because if he decides that I need a therapy I would need to get weekly infusionsĀ and he told me last time he wants to avoid the infusions for me as long as it is possible for us. I do not want him to unknowingly make a 'wrong decision' just because I find it difficult to talk to him. I am sorry for my english and grateful for any answer and wish you all the best.Ā 

Ā 

All I can say is that I hate going to doctors mainly because talking about my own sickness symptoms to someoneĀ is terribly difficult for me, especially if I think I'd need help. :blushsad:Ā And the only advice I can give you is to take somebody else with you who could do the talking. This is still awkward, but at least, the doctor learns why you're there, and what they should look after. It could be a family member or a dear friend.

honestly, i just would pretend it isn't happening & in this way trick myself into saying it to them. it's more important for your doctor to know about your health than to avoid embarassment in my opinion.

2 hours ago, facet said:

MaybeĀ you could write all of your symptoms down and either just hand the list to your doctor or read straight from it?

I second this, and also consider telling your doctor that you are very uncomfortable talking about symptoms. It could go either way. Ā For me, i would get double-hung up if the doctor didnā€™t know. Like ā€œoh I want to tell him this, but Iā€™m getting weird and hesitant, soĀ I have to explain why I canā€™t just talk about this easily,Ā but Iā€™m already choking,Ā and I donā€™t know how to say it,Ā so Iā€™ll just say everything ā€˜s fine!ā€ IfĀ they know inĀ advance, it removes a layer of complication. Might not work that way for you though!

As others have said, maybe find a way to be as honest with your doctor as you can.

I also have found it helpful to really bear in mind that non-fetishists just don't notice sneezes and other related things as anything remarkable. I've once or twice forced myself to join in a conversation about colds or sneezes just to try and get used to it.

Most important thing- don't deny yourself medical attention because of the fetish. Look after yourself. šŸ˜Š

4 hours ago, facet said:

MaybeĀ you could write all of your symptoms down and either just hand the list to your doctor or read straight from it?

Third this! This is what I do. When reading from a list it's a lot less intimidating, like you're just reading a list of groceries out loud. And if you really can't muster the courage to read it, you can just hand it to him. Just be like "Oh I noted down all my symptoms so I wouldn't forget, here..."

beijoseternura

hello, thank you to all members who have given me some advice - I didn't expect so many answers.

They were all helpful - I think it is a good idea to write down the symptoms. To read a text aloud is very difficult for me so I think it is better if the doctor could read it himself, probably I will also try to explain to him that I find it difficult to talk about the symptoms. Thank you for your repliesšŸ˜Š

Ā 

@beijoseternuraĀ I try alone. Sometimes, my husband drags me to a doctor which is partly humiliating and partly helpful. :blushsad:Ā But in most cases, I just don't go (which I know can beĀ dangerous). With the other suggestions - I'm cringing in horror with the imagination of writing my symptoms on a sheet of paper and handing them to the doctor. Sadly, this wouldn't help me at all. :(

Edited by Hedgehog
beijoseternura

hello @Hedgehog I comprehend your thoughts, may I ask you if your husband knows about your worries?

Maybe he could support you to make you feel safer in such situations? Not going to the doctor can also end dangerously.Ā  You know - I had hugeĀ  problems with stuttering until I was 16 years old and until today talking is a problem for me.. I feel the same as you when I think of handing a paper with symptoms to the doctor, but it is a good facility for me, since I often have a blockade to pronounce words when I feel uncomfortable etc.

@beijoseternuraĀ - yes, my husband knows I have a problem with doctors. It's complicated. Thank you for your thoughts. I hope you find a solution for yourself that works and makesĀ life easier for you. :)