Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does anyone here like musicals?

HakunaMatata

Guys! I'm in dire need of someone I can talk about musicals with! There are so many things I want to talk about but I know so little people who actually know what I'm talking about or can relate to my ramblings.

My current favourite is Kinky Boots, I also love Hamilton and In the Heights as well as MANY more.

So if anyone out there would like to chat, please pm me? Thank you!

I really like musicals! Unfortunately, I have the feeling that I may not be as well informed as you might be. But when I was in London this summer I went to see Aladdin! I also love Hamilton and In the Heights. 

Totally!  Some of my favorites include Anything Goes, Chicago, Les Miserables, Little Shop of Horrors, Once Upon a Mattress, and Seussical.

Ooh, absolutely! I love all musicals, but Be More Chill, Hairspray, and Footloose are my top three--they're just so amazing 😍

ooh me I love musicals!! My Fair Lady has always been one of my favorites as well as Guys & Dolls, Fiddler on the Roof, and Chicago!!! 

my least favorite musical is Sweet Charity. My high school put that play on one year and not only was it the biggest flop, but my drama teacher told me over and over that I wasn't a convincing stripper (of course not, I was 14). joke's on her because I actually am a stripper now

As far as a movie musical based off a play, I love Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street! 

I’m ready to jam to those songs anytime! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a walking gay stereotype but yes I really like musicals. I don't seek them out often but I've been listening to Hamilton and it has my heart 😍

Has anyone here seen or heard Evita or Bat Out of Hell? Evita is one of those movies that I know exists but keep forgetting even though it has a cast I like and it was made by Alan Parker, who I really enjoy as a director. It just popped into my head randomly the other day so I heard some of the songs and they're not bad at all! I have a hard time finding the movie, though. But the musical is coming to where I live next year so I might check it out. 

When I was in London I kept seeing ads for Bat Out of Hell, I kind of ignored it because although I really like the title song, I'm not that familiar with Meat Loaf's other work and I was afraid it was just a lame jukebox musical. But I read up on it and it sounds very interesting, and apparently it's very good! 

• 4 weeks later...

What do you guys think about The Greatest Showman? For various reasons I wasn't a huge fan of the film, but I really like some of the songs, especially Never Enough, and the one about defying the stars (fate).

Also, has anyone seen Sunday in the Park with George?

1 hour ago, allergyboy2001 said:

What do you guys think about The Greatest Showman? For various reasons I wasn't a huge fan of the film, but I really like some of the songs, especially Never Enough, and the one about defying the stars (fate).

Also, has anyone seen Sunday in the Park with George?

Hate The Greatest Showman. Love Sunday in the Park with George. 

I love musical theatre. And I work at a theatre. It does not pay the bills. But my additional part-time at Taco Bell does. ❤️

I love the film version of Sunday In the Park with George! Never seen it live though.

My favourite musical of all time is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - there is a TV version on YouTube from 1972, with the original stage cast. (There has never been a better version, IMO.)

I love Hair, and Tommy. Saw them both in London, years ago. I don't get to the theatre much these days, unfortunately.

OK but seriously people, if musical theatre is a religion, then Stephen Sondheim is God. Right?

So my family is a group of theatre people. Current obsessions are Heathers and American Idiot. Absolutely love Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, and Sweeney Todd, grew up listening to the music. I was in a production of Sweeney Todd and it was surreal. Also played Ms. Sherman in a production of Fame. Fame wasn't my favorite show, but it is a decent one. 

On 10/25/2018 at 5:49 AM, snuffle-bunny said:

I love Hair, and Tommy. Saw them both in London, years ago. I don't get to the theatre much these days, unfortunately.

I wish I could see Tommy! I LOVE the album by The Who. I like the movie in a sort of guilty pleasure kind of way, but I've heard the stage version is the best adaptation. I've heard a couple of the songs on Spotify and they sound great. Haven't given the whole album a spin. Of course, it's one thing to listen to it and another to actually see it. 

On 10/31/2018 at 3:09 PM, March Hare said:

OK but seriously people, if musical theatre is a religion, then Stephen Sondheim is God. Right?

Pretty close. Love the guy, although I'm not particularly fixated on him as a fan. 

50 minutes ago, facet said:

And I can watch the animatics of Heathers songs on repeat on YouTube. They're so talented and full of life. Seriously great choices!

Heathers is one of my favorite films, and when I found out about the musical, I was so hesitant. But I have become a huge fan of the music. And I like how they changed the dynamic between Veronica and JD to fit the style of a musical better. Their relationship in the movie wouldn't have translated well to a musical format. 

Oh, heck yeah!! Theatre is my second greatest love, only matched by the love I'm currently working to make my career. I've had the great fortune of being able to see a lot of Broadway shows the last couple of years, as well as a lot of local theatre, which has only increased my admiration for this incredible art form. I could also talk your ear off about more obscure musicals; don't get me started about that unless you're really prepared for a full dork-out. :tongue:

I'm a big sucker for a lot of the "golden age" musicals (Guys & Dolls, Hello Dolly!, Anything Goes, West Side Story, etc.), but I also like more modern offerings too! I actually got to see Hamilton live a few years back -- almost to the date, actually -- and even though I was stuck in the nosebleeds, it was a mind-blowing experience.

Archived