Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Keep your nose clean"

allergyboy2001

I was thinking about the phrase "keep your nose clean" and how some people interpret it literally, not just "be on your best behavior."

i used to have a neighbor who would pull into his driveway, exit his car, and every time, blow his nose into his handkerchief before entering the house where other family members were. (The way the houses were situated, my work table looked out that window to catch the natural light - long before that neighbor moved in there, but it was a fun coincidence.) 

I've also seen people blow their noses proactively before important meetings, such as job interviews.

Have you known anyone who blows their nose right before a social situation, "just in case"?

I always blow my nose when I come home from work before entering my house, also before I go to work too. I also blow it before I leave for a social gathering.

7 hours ago, Hankyrick said:

I always blow my nose when I come home from work before entering my house, also before I go to work too. I also blow it before I leave for a social gathering.

Cool!

• 3 years later...

I’ve always been intrigued by the phrase. When I have a cold, I try to blow my nose before meeting others so that I don’t have to worry about a drippy nose.

I'll do something similar myself - I'll often take the opportunity to blow my nose before I head out somewhere so that it's nicely clean and clear. 

I tend to be very loud when I have a proper nose-blow, so will often now take the chance to blow a good thorough foghorn now rather than have to try and hold back and blow it more quietly later.