Sneeze Fetish Forum

What does it feel like to have a flu swab? (research for story)

RedVelvetHeart

I'm writing a story and there's a scene in which someone gets tested for the flu. The test where they put a swab deep in your nose. I've never actually had it....what does it feel like? Does it hurt? Does it make you sneeze, or gag? Thanks!!

They actually typically swab your throat.  It can make you gag.   Swab up the nose is a helpful contrivance though, for purposes of making someone sneeze though, so go for it!

My online research says nasopharyngeal swabs are recommended for flu testing so that's what my characters are going to get! 😅 I've had throat swabs (for strep) - awful. 

It’s pretty uncomfortable. I guess it’s kind of how one would imagine having a qtip like object shoved up their nose would feel. And it’s very weird because they put it farther in there than you would think is physically possible. It’s not like anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s not painful but is strange and definitely doesn’t feel good. It did not make me have to sneeze or gag. I have, however, witnessed people sneezing from the flu vaccine that’s a nasal spray. I hope my response was helpful. 

On 11/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Anyone said:

It’s pretty uncomfortable. I guess it’s kind of how one would imagine having a qtip like object shoved up their nose would feel. And it’s very weird because they put it farther in there than you would think is physically possible. It’s not like anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s not painful but is strange and definitely doesn’t feel good. It did not make me have to sneeze or gag. I have, however, witnessed people sneezing from the flu vaccine that’s a nasal spray. I hope my response was helpful. 

Thank you, that's very helpful! Oh well, I had my character sneeze after the swab anyway!