Sneeze Fetish Forum

looking for advice about heating/ac ducts

•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

My family moved into a new home in recent months.

We cleaned the whole house when we moved in, and we even hired some guys to come clean our air ducts out and we've changed the filter twice, but still every time the heat or air kicks on the whole house smells like sewage and stale tobacco.

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone ever experienced something like this before??

I know that a fetish forum is a weird place to ask for help about this, but I'm desperate :lol:

I'm no expert but are you able to remove the vent covers? If the stench has soaked into those then that could possibly be a contributor and a good scrub is in order. I've only dealt with smelly heating once and that was because a mouse had managed to squeeze it's way deep into the heating element itself and subsequently died there so despite cleaning the ducts/vents the stench still lingered until the poor little guy was removed and the element cleaned. 

Either way, good luck! Rancid heating is a pain in the a**! 

1 hour ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I'm no expert but are you able to remove the vent covers? If the stench has soaked into those then that could possibly be a contributor and a good scrub is in order. I've only dealt with smelly heating once and that was because a mouse had managed to squeeze it's way deep into the heating element itself and subsequently died there so despite cleaning the ducts/vents the stench still lingered until the poor little guy was removed and the element cleaned. 

Either way, good luck! Rancid heating is a pain in the a**! 

thanks for the idea!! i'll try cleaning the vent covers, & i think i'm gonna tape a dryer sheet over them too. 

i read on google that it could be a plumbing issue near the air intake, or that the condenser coil needs cleaned, so after the current house reno they're working on is finished i'm gonna say something about that too

12 minutes ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

thanks for the idea!! i'll try cleaning the vent covers, & i think i'm gonna tape a dryer sheet over them too. 

i read on google that it could be a plumbing issue near the air intake, or that the condenser coil needs cleaned, so after the current house reno they're working on is finished i'm gonna say something about that too

No problem! Hope everything works out! :) 

Archived