Sneeze Fetish Forum

Determiner of cold symptoms?

The Brit who says Achoo!

What is the main factor behind what cold symptoms a person gets? Is it dependent more on the virus or the person? Google couldn't tell me so I thought I would ask the experts here on the forum.

In my personal experience, I don't feel like I have a cold unless I feel like total garbage. Like, I'm a sneezy person by nature, so it's easy to think I might be getting sick sometimes. It's only confirmed when my nose is constantly bothered, my muscles are sore, throat is scratchy, and so on. I also don't get sick that often *knocks on wood* and when I do it's usually really bad.

yeah, i think it's more dependant on the person, how their body reacts to being ill, but also like 10% or something on the particular strain of rhinovirus

I agree. The night before I wake up sick, I can automatically tell from a weird feeling in my throat. It's not a scratchy, painful, or clogged up feeling. It only feels that weird way when I'm sick or going to wake up sick the next day

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that for just the common cold, it's mostly the individual, not the virus strain itself, that determines the symptoms.

Cold symptoms as we think of them are actually just our bodies way of fighting off the disease, after all.  I'm not a doctor, though, so *shrug* *gives person a bag of salt*