Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do I have a mental block?

Stu380

I used to be able to sneeze naturally just fine (maybe three to four times a week), but ever since I had some kind of allergic reaction to something a couple of years ago (not sure what), I very rarely sneeze naturally.  On numerous occasions, I'll get the build-up to the sneeze, but it won't complete, and I'll end up feeling very stuffy and unhappy for ages until a natural sneeze finally decides to come out properly, which can take weeks and sometimes months.  I once went three months without a natural sneeze.

I have no problem inducing sneezes by tickling my nostrils with a pointy tissue, but that doesn't seem to get rid of the stuffy feeling; only natural sneezes do.  Also, I no longer induce my sneezes because I've heard that doing so too often can desensitize your nose and affect natural sneezes, although I think the longest amount of time I've spent inducing sneezes is a couple of days, so that's hardly excessive!

On occasion, I'll be able to get a natural sneeze out by looking up at a bright light or taking a deep breath, JUST as the sneeze process begins.  And sometimes I'll sneeze when having a conversation with someone; maybe the conversation helps take my mind off the incoming sneeze and makes it come out successfully?  However, those three aforementioned methods don't always work; maybe one in four times.

Overall, I just really want to be able to sneeze naturally again and stop feeling stuffy.  Could it be possible that I have some kind of mental block that is aborting the sneeze process when it begins?  I do remember years ago, I would be unable to sneeze when on public transport, due to some kind of anxiety, but now I hardly ever sneeze anywhere.  Not even when I'm alone.  Any ideas?

This exact same thing has happened to me when I'm under a great deal of stress.  I become hyper-aware of sneezing/not being able to sneeze, and then every time I have the urge, I tense up, and the urge disappears.  Like I can feel the sneeze ABOUT to come out, and then I think about it and it just...fizzles out.  It's whenever I'm de-stressed and not thinking about sneezing that the sneeze finally comes out naturally!  

12 hours ago, Luisa39 said:

This exact same thing has happened to me when I'm under a great deal of stress.  I become hyper-aware of sneezing/not being able to sneeze, and then every time I have the urge, I tense up, and the urge disappears.  Like I can feel the sneeze ABOUT to come out, and then I think about it and it just...fizzles out.  It's whenever I'm de-stressed and not thinking about sneezing that the sneeze finally comes out naturally!  

It's so annoying, isn't it?  Just wondering if you feel stuffy when you can't sneeze?  And if so, what do you do to alleviate the stuffy feeling? (e.g. take medicines, etc.)

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Stu380 said:

It's so annoying, isn't it?  Just wondering if you feel stuffy when you can't sneeze?  And if so, what do you do to alleviate the stuffy feeling? (e.g. take medicines, etc.)

Yes, sometimes.  I take Claritin D, which works well in my case.