Sneeze Fetish Forum

Favorite Christmas Movies?

Travel

As the title says, which are your favorite Christmas movies? What do you think makes for a great Christmas movie? 

Mine would be: 

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Elf 

Love Actually 

Die Hard

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Lethal Weapon 

I think that when movies deal directly with the topic of Christmas, I love it when they do so in a very relatable way. Christmas Vacation is great because it puts a funny spin on so many common Christmas situations from putting up the tree, the lights, having to deal with annoying neighbors or relatives, but also the feeling of nostalgia for past Christmases and dreaming and hoping for a better future. And then there are movies that just happen to take place at Christmas and I think it can provide a beautiful contrast to the story, especially when you have characters who are sad or find themselves in violent situations. 

My two favorite Christmas movies are "A Christmas Carol" [the 1951 version with Alastair Sim] and "It's a Wonderful Life." Mostly because there is not a single mention, in either of them, of the jolly fat guy in the red suit.:watsup: 

27 minutes ago, Hizzoner duh Mare said:

My two favorite Christmas movies are "A Christmas Carol" [the 1951 version with Alastair Sim] and "It's a Wonderful Life." Mostly because there is not a single mention, in either of them, of the jolly fat guy in the red suit.:watsup: 

I've only seen it once but I really liked "It's a Wonderful Life." It's incredibly sweet and poignant. After a couple of views it may end up becoming one of my favorites too. 

A Muppet Family Christmas might be my personal favorite Christmas special of all time.  A massive crossover that's massively heartwarming.

Both versions of the Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (stop motion and animated).

Olive the Other Reindeer is a classic, I don't care what anyone says.

A Claymation Christmas Celebration almost always gets in on the rotation around this time.

I also just recently discovered The Story of Santa Claus (1996), and that seems to be a underrated little gem (hums "What you believe in is better than magic")

On 12/2/2018 at 8:05 PM, facet said:

The Muppet Christmas Carol is all I need in my life forever

Absolutely exactly this. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Elf

Die Hard

The Santa Clause

All of the claymation movies, Rudolph, Year without a Santa Clause, etc.

It’s A Wonderful Life

Scrooged

White Christmas

Emmitt Otter’s Jugband Christmas

Santa Clause: The Movie

and my newest favorite is Netflix’s The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell, cheesy but I love him. 😋

Archived