Sneeze Fetish Forum

Avengers MCU 100 Drabble Challenge

Papetite

Today marks 100 days until Avengers: End Game hits theatres. In celebration, I am trying to complete a 100 drabble challenge in the next 100 days! Prompts are: 

1.Fever, 2.Cuddles, 3.Lullaby, 4.Handkerchief, 5.Unprepared, 6.Holding Hand, 7.Broken, 8.Anger, 9.Stress, 10.Temperature, 11.Embarrassment, 12.Affection, 13.Sympathy, 14.Reality, 15.Lesson, 16.Heartbreak, 17.Excuses, 18.Headache, 19.Apology, 20.Heal, 21.Annoying, 22.Eyes, 23.Cat, 24.Friend, 25.Unexpected, 26.Hurt, 27.Stars, 28.Struggle, 29.Love, 30.Trust, 31.Massage, 32.Pain, 33.Tired, 34.Silence, 35.Blanket, 36.Work, 37.Fight, 38.Perfume, 39.Drunk, 40.Allergies, 41.Dog, 42.Lucky, 43.Valentine’s Day, 44.Christmas, 45.New Year’s Eve 46.4th of July, 47. Birthday, 48.Movie, 49.Exhausted, 50.Confusion, 51.Baseball, 52.Congestion, 53.Treatment, 54.Idiot, 55.Pill, 56.Appearance, 57.Sometimes, 58.Always, 59.Nest, 60.Date, 61.Regret, 62.Maybe, 63.Isolation, 64.Retirement, 65.Clean, 66.Running, 67.Vacation, 68.Complicated, 69.Home, 70.Kids, 71.Couch, 72.Super, 73.Rest, 74.Bed, 75.Soldier, 76.Day Off, 77.Cold, 78.Red, 79.Blush, 80.Pale, 81.Kiss, 82.Rain, 83.Chest, 84.Hospital, 85.Allergic, 86.Comic Con, 87.Travel, 88.Under the Weather, 89.Bronchitis, 90.Medicine, 91.Quiet, 92.Easy, 93.Soup, 94.Vulnerable, 95.Sinus Infection, 96.Shiver, 97.Summer, 98.Beauty and the Beast, 99.Partners, 100. Super Soldier’s Sick Day.

Drabbles will be posted on Saturday’s and will contain all drabbles from the week. All will be 50-500 words long (little longer than normal but oh well), except for prompts 98-100, as these will be full length fics in the final days leading up to the movie. 

Requests are welcome! I’m best at writing: Natasha/Steve, Natasha/Bruce, Natasha/Clint, Clint/Laura, Pepper/Tony, Wanda/Vision, Chris/Sebastian (IRL), Bucky, or any of the above as friendship or solo. I apologize, but I am terrible at Thor and Loki. 

Please be kind as this is my first time ever writing drabbles and only my second time ever posting my writing. Constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome! I really hope you all enjoy reading these, because I know that I am going to love writing them! 
Without further ado, I present you with day 1:

Day 1: 27. Stars (Clint and Natasha Friendship)

Without a doubt, one of Clint’s favorite things to do at the tower was go up to the roof, lean on the railing, and look up at the stars. Thankfully for him, Avengers tower was tall enough that the stars weren’t totally hidden by the light pollution of the city, but that didn’t mean that the sight was anywhere near as good as it was at the farm. He had actually just gotten back from a week-long vacation with his family, but he already couldn’t wait to go back. He missed Laura, her newly forming baby bump, the kids, and above all the peacefulness of a normal life.

Heh-echsoo.

On the other hand, the whole kids bringing home a mutant head cold from school and giving it to him, he did not miss. In fact, he would gladly give it back if given the choice. He didn’t do “being sick” well. It threw off his senses, caused him to be groggy in the field, and grouchy toward everyone, including his partner who he sensed had just entered the roof behind him.

“Hey, I didn’t know you were back already. Steve told me when I came up from the gym. What are you doing up here? It’s freezing.”

“Looking at the stars.”

“Okay, I know you’re a master marksman, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear a coat when it’s only sixteen degrees outside.”

Clint grunted. He was a big boy. He could do whatever he wanted.

“Okay… How was Laura?”

“Tired. Second semester took away the morning sickness, but brought the exhaustion.”

“Hmm, well, I’ll see her soon. How were the kids?”

“Sick. Stupid mutant head cold. They were coughing and sneezing the whole week” he said before bringing his arm up to stifle a few sneezes of his own.

“Hhnktch, nKshuu”

“Bless. I’m assuming that means that you got it too?”

“Yep.”

“Hhnxgt”

“Stop stifling, unless you’d like to burst your eardrum again.”

He glared at her.

“Okay, come on. Let’s get you inside so you don’t get pneumonia. I need my partner. Not that I don’t trust the other guys, but I’d prefer to have you watching my six. Besides, Laura will kill me if we don’t make it home next week for Thanksgiving because you’re in the hospital. I promise, the stars will still be out when you’re feeling better. If you really want them, I’m sure Stark or Bruce could make you some projection for your room.”

Clint shook his head. “Nah, wouldn’t be the same. Nothing can replace this,” he said, gesturing to the open sky. “And when did you start referring to Banner as ‘Bruce?’ You wouldn’t call me by my first name for the first year and a half of being partnered up.”

Natasha shrugged. “You annoyed me because you used a bow and arrow instead of a gun. Now come on, we can talk about this later, after you get warmed up.”

Reluctantly, Clint pushed away from the rail and followed her toward the door.

“Come on, I think Steve might have some soup that he can make for you too.”

“Okay. Wait, when did you start calling him ‘Steve’?”

Natasha laughed. “Come on Hawkeye.”

Hope you all enjoyed! 

Love this drabble and the idea! 

20 hours ago, Papetite said:

“Hhnxgt”

“Stop stifling, unless you’d like to burst your eardrum again.”

absolutely adore this. I'll be looking forward to Saturdays! :winksmiley:

1.Fever, 2.Cuddles, 3.Lullaby, 4.Handkerchief, 5.Unprepared, 6.Holding Hand, 7.Broken, 8.Anger, 9.Stress, 10.Temperature, 11.Embarrassment, 12.Affection, 13.Sympathy, 14.Reality, 15.Lesson, 16.Heartbreak, 17.Excuses, 18.Headache, 19.Apology, 20.Heal, 21.Annoying, 22.Eyes, 23.Cat, 24.Friend, 25.Unexpected, 26.Hurt, 27.Stars, 28.Struggle, 29.Love, 30.Trust, 31.Massage, 32.Pain, 33.Tired, 34.Silence, 35.Blanket, 36.Work, 37.Fight, 38.Perfume, 39.Drunk, 40.Allergies, 41.Dog, 42.Lucky, 43.Valentine’s Day, 44.Christmas, 45.New Year’s Eve 46.4th of July, 47. Birthday, 48.Movie, 49.Exhausted, 50.Confusion, 51.Baseball, 52.Congestion, 53.Treatment, 54.Idiot, 55.Pill, 56.Appearance, 57.Sometimes, 58.Always, 59.Nest, 60.Date, 61.Regret, 62.Maybe, 63.Isolation, 64.Retirement, 65.Clean, 66.Running, 67.Vacation, 68.Complicated, 69.Home, 70.Kids, 71.Couch, 72.Super, 73.Rest, 74.Bed, 75.Soldier, 76.Day Off, 77.Cold, 78.Red, 79.Blush, 80.Pale, 81.Kiss, 82.Rain, 83.Chest, 84.Hospital, 85.Allergic, 86.Comic Con, 87.Travel, 88.Under the Weather, 89.Bronchitis, 90.Medicine, 91.Quiet, 92.Easy, 93.Soup, 94.Vulnerable, 95.Sinus Infection, 96.Shiver, 97.Summer, 98.Beauty and the Beast, 99.Partners, 100. Super Soldier’s Sick Day.

Here are the next few drabbles. Not sure how good they are, but I'm still learning! Hope you all enjoy. As always, comment, suggestion, constructive criticism are always welcome! Let me know what ya think! 

Day 2: 1. Fever (Steve Sick!)

“101.7. That’s a fever Cap.” Bruce said as he removed the thermometer from the super soldier’s mouth. 

“Not much.” Steve groaned. “How did this h-h-happen. Hih’Ktschh, Heh-etchoo.”

“Bless you,” Bruce said as he passed Steve a box of tissues. “The best explanation I can come up with, without running a bunch of tests, is that whatever bug got past your immune system is stronger than anything that was around in the 1940s. However, I would guess that the serum will help you get over this in a day or two, instead of the typical week that most people with a cold suffer through. 

“HEH-uschoo.”

“Bless you. Do yourself a favor. Go rest. Lay down. Sleep. Just allow your body to recover. Two days in bed won’t kill you.”

Steve nodded. If he was being honest with himself, he really did feel awful, and laying down in bed was about all that he was feeling up to at the moment. 

“Heh-nxgt. Ughh.”

“Bless you. Come on. I’ll send up some soup. I doubt medicine will help though.”

Steve nodded as he slowly stood up and made his way toward the elevator. 

When he got to his room, he only had enough energy to change into some sweats before crawling underneath the covers, and throwing an arm across his eyes to shield away as much light as possible as to not make his headache any worse. 

“So, you really are human after all. I was beginning to wonder,” Nat said, as she stood in the doorway looking at her sick boyfriend.

“I’ve never claimed not to be human,” Steve said, opening his eyes just enough to see Nat walk over and sit on the edge of his bed. 

“I know, just enhanced,” She said placing her hand on his forehead. “Dang. Bruce said you had a fever, but I didn’t think I’d actually be able to tell. You’re really warm, Steve.”

“Maybe to you, but I’m freezing.”

That was her cue. Quickly, Natasha slid under the covers beside him and pulled him into her embrace, so his head was resting against her legs. 

“Heh-etchoo.”

“Bless you.”

“You’re going to be saying that a lot,” Steve said with a thick sniff.

“Nah. You’ll be asleep within minutes,” she said as she began stroking her fingers through his thick hair.

Sure enough, not five minutes later, soft snores filled the room as Natasha continued to work her magic. 

“Feel better,” she murmured. 

Day 3: 35. Blanket (Sick Steve, Caring Team)

“I still think we should watch the Star Wars movies, they’re classics,” Tony grumbled. 

“Stark, we’re going to, but we already said that we would wait for Steve to watch them,” Natasha said.”

“Will the good captain not be joining us tonight?” Thor asked. 

“Probably not. Cap hasn’t been feeling well for the past couple of days,” Clint explained.

“Aye. Will he be alright?” he asked, the concern evident in the God’s voice. 

“Yeah. It’s just a cold. Basically means he’s feeling sluggish, tired, and rundown. He’ll be okay soon.” Bruce explained. 

“Heh-itchu, Itchoo!”

“There is also that. He’s been doing that a lot lately,” Tony explained. 

“Sorry,” Steve muttered as he shuffled into the room. “Mind if I join?” 

“Of course not, but are you sure you’re feeling up to it? We can just postpone until you’re feeling better.” Bruce said. 

“No, I need to get out of my room for a bit,” Steve said as he sat down in the recliner that all but had his name on it.

“Heh-HEH- ITCHOO.”

“Bless you,” Natasha said. “You want a blanket, Cap?” Natasha asked after seeing Steve visibly shiver. 

“No, I’m okay, but thank you.”

“Sure you are,” Natasha said as she retook her spot on the couch beside Clint. 

“Five bucks says he doesn’t make it five minutes into the movie,” Clint said under his breath.

“Nah,” Natasha disagreed. “He’s not even going to make it through the commercials,” Natasha said as she pointed toward Steve who was already dozing off in his chair. 

Five minutes later, it was obvious that Steve was out. Bruce got up from his spot in the other chair and left the room, promptly returning with a large, thick afghan. Stepping over to the chair, he quickly covered the super soldier and smiled when Steve stopped shaking. 

He may have been sick, but finally, he didn’t have to deal with it alone. 

Day 4: 66. Running (Sick Natasha)

“Nat, what are you doing?” Steve asked as he approached her in the gym. 

“Well Steve, I thought you were getting better with the 21st century. This is a treadmill, and when it moves fast like this, I’m able to run on it. Practically in place.”

Steve chuckled, more because of her grouchy demeanor than the smart comment, but chuckled all the same. 

“Believe it or not, I already knew that. I meant, why are you running? Yesterday you couldn’t even get out of bed to shower, and I’m pretty sure Clint told you that you needed to take the rest of the week off so that this cold didn’t turn into pneumonia.”

“I think you’re too caught up in 1940s medicine. I’m fine Steve.”

“Last I checked, you’re not a doctor Nat.”

“Well Clint isn’t a doctor either Steve.”

“No, but he’s been your partner for years. He knows you better than anyone else. Nat, will you please stop running?”

“NO!” she screamed.

Steve was taken a back. Nat never yelled, ever.

“Nat, what’s going on.”

She hit the stop button on the treadmill and leaned over top of the control panel. When she looked back up, tears were falling down her face. 

“I don’t want to stop running. Bruce ran, and he never looked back. No one stopped him! I’m not even going anywhere and your trying to stop me.”

“Woah Nat easy. I’m sorry, I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Hurt,” she chuckled. “Little late for that don’t ya th-hh-hink? Etchew, etchoo, het-choo etchoo.”

“Bless you. Nat, I hate that he hurt you like he did. That doesn’t mean you deserved it. You don’t have to run too Nat. If you ever need anything, and I mean anything at all, please let me know.”

“Heh-etchew, etchoo, huh-ehchoo.”

“Bless you. Come on Nat. Let’s get you to bed.”

“Steve?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks.”

“Of course.”

Day 5: 60. Date (Bruce sick x caring Natasha)

“Bruce, you ready to go?” Natasha called toward the closed bathroom door.

“Yeah, just one more second,” he called back.

When he emerged, he looked, well, awful. His nose was bright red, his skin much more pale than normal, and his eyes bloodshot. 

“Are you okay? You look like you’re coming down with something.”

“I’m fine, just tired.”

“Okay, well we can postpone the date until tomorrow if you’d like.”

“No, no. We’ve been waiting to do this for a while now.”

“Exactly, so one more day really won’t make a difference,” she said. 

“No, I want to go.”

“Okay,” Natasha hesitantly agreed. 

They hadn’t been gone for more than a half hour when Natasha decided it was time for them to head back to the tower. Bruce was obviously sick seeing as he couldn’t go more than five minutes without sneezing or blowing his nose. They were back in the car headed home when Bruce finally acknowledged the elephant in the room. 

“I’m so sorry Nat. HNxgt, Hnxgt. I really didn’t mean to ruin tonight.”

“Bruce, you didn’t ruin anything. We can go on another date, multiple really, but only once you’ve gotten over this.”

Bruce nodded before succumbing to another set of sneezes. 

“Hnxgt, Heh-shoo.”

“Bless you. You know, if you would’ve just admitted to being sick, we could’ve just stayed in bed and watched movies all night. I wouldn’t have been upset.”

“Now you tell me,” Bruce said with a chuckle. 

“Hey, you could’ve just admitted it in the first place. I gave you a chance.”

“And I hope you will give me another to make it up to you… maybe next week. Until then, movie night?”

“Movie night,” she agreed with a smile and a nod. 

This would never be a perfect relationship, or anything even close to resembling a normal one, but at least the two of them would be happy, and that was all that really mattered. 

Hope you enjoyed! More to come next week!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! I am so sorry that these are so late. With the new semester beginning and getting sick, I haven't had any time. Thankfully everything is starting to run smoothly again so I figured I'd update with just a couple! I plan to be all caught up by the Sunday night. Hope you all enjoy these next few. As always, suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism are always welcome! Thanks! 

1/20/19 Day 6: 64. Retirement (Clint)

“Daddy, daddy!” Lila yelled as she jumped onto the bed to wake her sleep father.

“What is it sweetheart?”

“Aunty Nat is here! Mommy wanted me to come tell you.”

Clint coughed. “Okay, tell them I’ll be down in a second.”

With that, Lila ran off, back out of the room and down the steps. 

When Clint emerged fifteen minutes later, he was surprised to find only Natasha sitting in the family room. 

“Where is everyone?”

“Laura took the kids in to see a movie. I didn’t want to get in the way of their plans, so I told them I’d stay here with you. Laura’s really worried about you.”

Clint nodded as he sat down on the couch beside her. 

“I know, but she shouldn’t be just a c-cold.”

As if to emphasize his point, Clint turned away and began sneezing into his arm. 

Hhnng’chuu, etshuu, Hhh-hhnng’chu!

“Bless you. Obviously retirement doesn’t suit you. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you sneeze more than five times in the since I first met you. And now you just sneezed three times in the first twenty seconds of us being in the same room. Now I understand why Laura is worried.”

“Thanks Nat, but I can in fact count.”

“Grouchy too. What, did you stay up too late?”

“No,” Clint said, more softly, as he sank down into the couch. “I haven’t left the bedroom much in the last two days. Sleeping and eat less than a bowl of soup is all I’ve really felt up to.”

“I thought retirement was supposed to be fun, a time when you could just, sit and relax and not worry about anything other than playing with the kids and spend time with Laura.”

“That’s what I thought too, but playing with the k-khh hhh-hheshoo!”

“Bless.”

“Thanks. Anyway, playing with the kids and going to parent teacher conferences at the school have some unintended consiquences.”

“I can see that. Need me to get you anything?”

“No. I’m okay right now. How long are you planning on staying?”

“Two weeks. Cap and I have a mission as soon as I get back, but maybe I’ll start thinking about retirement too. I miss spending time with you.”

HHhh- hhheshhoooo!

“On second thought, maybe retirement isn’t for me,” she said with a smirk.

1/21/19 Day 7: 90. Medicine (Tony sick and Pepper) 

“Tony, come on. Just take it please. It will help you feel better,” Pepper chided. 

“Nope. Sorry Pep, but it’s not going to happen.”

Pepper sighed. “Tony, you’ve been sick for the past three days, will you please just take the medicine. Bruce said it would work fast.”

“No. I told you no before, I’m telling you no now, and when you ask again in a few minutes, my answer will still be no. No, no no no NO!”

Heh-ishoo.

“Bless you. You know if you just take the medicine, You’ll stop sneezing.”

“Not worth it.”

“Tony, please, I’m begging.”

“No. Pepper for someone as smart as you, you have a very difficult time understanding a two letter word that most people learn the meaning of before the age of two.”

“And you, for literally being a genius, are an idiot. The medicine will help.”

“Nope. How about this. Kiss me. That will make it all better.”

Heh-ishh

“You really think I’m going to kiss you right now? Maybe we should have that IQ tested. If you don’t want the medicine fine, but I’m not hugging, kissing, or touching you until you do.”

“That’s fine. I’m used to it when your gone for Stark stuff.”

“Tony, please. I just want you to feel better.”

Tony walked up to his girlfriend and gently caressed her cheek. 

“I know, so why don’t we go up to the room and lay down for a bit? If I have a fever in an hour, I’ll take that stupid stuff. Deal?”

It wasn’t a good deal, but Pepper did know he would keep to his word. 

“Deal.”

1/22/19 Day 8: 10. Temperature (sick!Clint and Natasha, friendship)

“I have to hand it to you Stark, these infrared glasses are actually pretty amazing,” Natasha commented as she continued her perimeter check. “Every person has a clear heat signature, wish we had these when all we did for years were stake outs.”

“It’s nothing, just something Bruce and I threw together one day. We were bored. Besides, I felt it would be best if you and bird boy got some special gadgets. Didn’t want you two to feel left out.”

“Well, we appreciate it.”

It wasn’t until the whole team was back on the quinjet four hours later that Natasha was able to appreciate the glasses even more. Even the smallest change in temperature showed up as a different hue through the lenses of the glasses. Steve’s chest area seemed to be giving off much more heat than everyone else, while the area that encased Tony’s arc reactor appeared a faint yellow. 

Natasha was very impressed. 

She continued to wear the glasses even as she made her way to the cockpit to retake her spot as copilot next to her partner. 

“So, we finished up fast. Are we going to be taking a trip to the farm for the rest of the week?” Natasha asked eagerly while peering out the windshield. She missed her adopted family. 

Clint shrugged. “Maybe.”

“Okay. I mean I don’t have to go. I can stay back if you want alone time.”

After a few moments of silence, and no acknowledgment, Natasha took her eyes away from the sky to observe her partner. 

He looked tired, but what was more concerning was that his forehead and neck was showing up much more red than the rest of his body. 

“When were you going to tell me that you have a fever?” Natasha asked, slightly hurt. They told each other everything. 

“As soon as we got back and finished up the debrief,” he said honestly. “Didn’t need to make more of a point about me being the weakest link.”

Clint shivered before sneezing into a tissue that he pulled from behind his vest. 

Hhhnxgt, huh-hnxgt, huh-shoo. 

“Bless you. Maybe we should just stay back at base. That way no one watches too closely at the tower and you don’t spread your germs to the kids. If we get that fever down, then we can at least maybe spend a day or two in the country.”

Clint nodded. 

Heh-hishoo. 

“How did you know I had a fever anyway?”

“Stark isn’t always an idiot,” Natasha responded as she touched the glasses that were still perched on her face.  

1/23/19 Day 9. 2. Cuddle (Natasha x Steve)

When she awoke, Natasha was pleasantly surprised to find that her head was resting on a strong, muscular chest, with the owner’s arm protectively slung over her body, keeping her close. She savored the warmth and comfort of the embrace for a few minutes before stretching, indicating that she was awake. 

“Good morning Agent Romanoff.”

“Good morning Cap. I wasn’t expecting you to be home for another week.”

“What can I say,” Steve said with a shrug. “Bad guys get lazy sometimes. 

“Hehtchoo, etchoo, eshooo, Hnnxgt, Hnnxgt, heh- hetchoo!”

“Bless you. Bruce said you’ve been sick, but I probably should’ve figured that out on my own. You never cuddle.”

“That’s not true; I cuddle with you on the couch all the time.”

“Okay fine. Let’s try again. You never cuddle with me when you’re asleep.”

Natasha shrugged before launching into another fit. 

“Etchoo, etchoo, etshoo, hehtchoo!”

“Bless you,” he said before reaching over to grab a tissue. “How are you feeling?” 

“Honestly, not that bad anymore. The excessive sneezing tells me it’s just about run its course. I’ll be back to 100% in another day or so.”

Steve nodded. “Good. Fury’s sending you, me, and Clint out on another mission on Tuesday. Even though they’re adorable, I’d rather not have you sneezing the entire time.”

Natasha glared before sneezing once again.

“Hhnnxgt, hnnxgt, eshoo!”

Steve laughed. “Bless you. Come on, we still have six more Harry Potter movies to watch. You can cuddle and sleep all you want.”

Natasha nodded before retaking her spot against his chest. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Nat,” he said before placing a kiss on her head. 

Hope you all enjoyed! 

• 2 months later...

Sooooooooooooooooooo. I obviously have not kept up with this well........ but, I'm going to keep going. Hope you all enjoy. 

Just a short update today, but there should be another one this weekend! Enjoy! Suggestion are as always welcome!!!

Day 10: 18. Headache (sick Steve)

He couldn’t focus. 

The pounding in his head was only getting worse as the debriefing continued on. Never before had Steve not been able to follow along with what Fury was saying, but today, it just wasn’t happening. 

“Cap? Rogers, you with me?” Fury asked when he realized Steve wasn’t paying attention.

Steve snapped his head up and squared his shoulders, causing his head to hurt even more. 

“I apologize sire. What did you say?”

“I asked if there was anything else you would like to discuss from the mission.”

“No sir. I believe it was all covered.”

Fury stared. Steve always had one more thing to add. “Alright then. You are all dismissed. The files for your next assignment will be delivered in three days. Rest up.”

With that, all the Avengers got up and headed toward the east wing where the quinjet was waiting to take them back to New York.

Tony took his regular place in the pilot’s chair while Clint claimed co-pilot. Steve, instead of going to the cock-pit, slumped into a chair, laid his head back, and closed his eyes. He was so focused on willing the pain away that he didn’t notice Natasha and Bruce approaching him.

“I would ask if you’re okay but since it’s obvious you’re not, want to tell us what’s going on?” Natasha asked. 

“Without moving, Steve opened his eyes. “Just a headache. I’ll be fine once I get some sleep.”

“You sure?” Bruce asked, concern evident in his voice. “Did you hit your head?”

“No,” Steve said, closing his eyes. “Went to bed with it. Was worse when I woke up.”

“So you’re telling me that you went out and fought even though you’re sick? Didn’t you just yell at Stark for that last week?” Nat asked.

“Yessss,” they heard Tony yell.

Steve scrunched up his eyes in obvious pain. 

“Heh-hehshoo”

“Bless you. Go lay down Cap. You’re done for the day,” Bruce said.

“Heh-etchoo, Huhshoo!! Ughh”

“Bless. Do you know why your head hurts so bad? Migraines aren’t normally a common cold symptom.”

Steve shrugged. “I don’t know. That’s always how my colds started.”

“Hmm. I wonder why. In any case, get some rest Cap. We’ll wake you if anything happens.”

Day 11: 19. Apology

“Nat!” Clint yelled as Natasha stocked off into the base. “Dammit Nat! I said I was sorry.”

She stopped and turned to look at him so suddenly that Clint almost ran into her. 

“I heard you the first time, and I chose to ignore you. Just like you chose to ignore me when I told you to stay back for this one.”

“I know. I should’ve listened to you.”

“Yep, you should’ve. I told you that you were too sick to work, and now, because you gave away our location, I have a few broken ribs.”

“Yeah, and if you would’ve let me, I would’ve wrapped them up for you.”

“No. You’ve done enough. I’m going down to infirmary to get an X-ray. Then I’m going back to my room. I don’t need you getting me sick.”

With that, Natasha turned back around and headed off toward the med bay. Clint, feeling defeated, and worse by the second, headed off to his room so that he could suffer in peace.

*Two hours later*

Clint was sitting up against the headboard of his bed, wrapped up in every blanket he owned, with a pile of used tissues beside him. He had put a movie in when he had first gotten back, but he had dozed on and off so many times that he really had no idea what was going on. 

“Hh’itschuu! Etschoo!”

“Bless you,” Natasha said from the doorway.

Clint glanced over to the door as he wiped his nose. 

“Hey Tasha. How are the ribs?”

“Mostly bruised. Only one is cracked.”

“I’m sorry Nat.”

“I know. I’m sorry too,” she said as she sat on the edge of his bed. 

“For what?” Clint asked.

“Not being here to take care of you,” she explained as she placed a hand on his forehead, checking for a fever. 

“It’s okay. Hehh-itchoo! Ugh, sorry Tasha.”

“Bless. Try to get some sleep. Fury has another mission for us. We leave in two days. I need you better.”

Clint nodded. “Will do.”

71. Couch

One would probably expect the world’s greatest assassins to be out on the town, letting off some steam after a busy week at work. However, this Friday, Clint was happy to just spend his Friday night relaxing on the couch, watching a movie, and taking care of his sick girlfriend who was currently using his lap as a pillow. 

Clint had known something had been up with Natasha for much of the week, but it wasn’t until the pair had returned from their mission that Clint had finally figured it out. During their debrief with Fury, Natasha had sneezed, and everything had clicked into place.

Though one sneeze wasn’t that much to worry about, it was the fact that she hadn’t stifled it which led Clint to the realization that she was sick. Natasha hated showing any type of weakness. So normally her sneezes were stifled into perfect silence without so much as a head bob to give away what was happening. The fact that she let the sneeze go in front of two of her superiors was all the indication that Clint needed to know that his girl was sick and exhausted. 

So, they were spending their Friday night on the couch. It was just nearing ten o’clock when Natasha began to stir. Quickly, she sat up, cupped her hands around her nose and mouth, and let go three exhausted sounding sneezes. 

“Itchuoo, hih-choo, etshooo!”

“Bless you,” Clint said as he handed her a tissue. 

After gently blowing her nose, Natasha retook her spot next to Clint, but this time, she leaned into his side and layed her head on his shoulder. 

“Are you feeling any better?”

Natasha shrugged. 

“Okay, why didn’t you tell me you weren’t feeling well earlier?”

Again, Natasha shrugged. 

“Nat,” Clint began, but before he could continue, she was catching another double into her arm. 

“Heh shoo, itschoo”

“Bless. Do you want to go to bed?” Clint asked as she laid her head back down on his lap.

“No,” Natasha said, finally breaking her silence. 

“Why not?” Clint asked as he started playing with her hair in the hopes that the pressure and feeling would lull her to sleep. “Is the couch so comfy that you don’t want to leave?” Clint questioned. 

“No, but you are,” she responded before yawning and drifting back off to unconsciousness.

• 1 month later...

I know this was supposed to be just leading up to endgame, but I love your stories! I get excited every time there’s an update!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. So even though Endgame has come out (AMAZING btw), I want to continue writing. I promise that I will make any spoilers known ahead of time, but I don't plan on any for a while.

Today is just a short update, but I do have three more already written, I'd just like to make them a little bit better before posting. I have no idea how often I'll be posting, but I will finish all 100. If anyone has any recommendations, requests, or suggestions please let me know. Writer's block is a real thing and I feel like I am writing the same thing over and over again. Also, I changed prompts 98 and 100. Hope you all enjoy! 

3. Lullaby  (sick Natasha x Hulk)

“Hey big guy,” she said as she reached her hand out toward the Hulk. “Suns getting real low.”

As the Hulk reached his large green hand back toward her, Natasha felt a sudden tickle in her nose, indicating the undeniable need to sneeze.

She panicked. 

She didn’t want to sneeze in front of the Hulk for fear of spooking him with the sudden sound and movement while she was trying to calm him down.

She continued to move her palm across the bottom of his hand, but as she began to move her hand toward his palm, the sneeze became inevitable. 

“Hhh-hold on big guy,” she said as she turned away, brought her arm up to her face, and stifled a volley of sneezes. 

“Hnxxcht, hhhnnxxcht, huh-hnxxcht.”

When she turned back around, the Hulk was looking at her with… concern?

“Sorry about that. I haven’t been feeling too great today,” she said before coughing lightly into her shoulder. 

The Hulk pulled his hand back and continued to look at her.

“Tasha sick?” he asked in his deep, grumbling voice.

“Yeah. Just a cold though.”

The Hulk growled. 

“Tasha stay with Hulk, no Banner. Banner no take care of Tasha. Hulk make Tasha better. Hulk stay, Banner bad.”

Natasha smiled. The past month of practice had led to the Hulk being more comfortable with the entire team, but especially with Natasha. As Bruce’s feeling grew for her, so had the Hulks, and it had become obvious that the Hulk was jealous of their relationship.

“Thanks big guy, but don’t be upset. Bruce doesn’t know that I’m sick, none of the team does except for Clint.”

The Hulk huffed. “And Hulk,” he grumbled. 

“Yes. You too,” she managed to get out before turning around and sneezing again. “HupTshheh. Sorry about that.”

“Tasha really sick.”

Natasha nodded. “Yeah. I really appreciate your concern big guy, but I think I need some medicine, and probably a doctor. Do you think you could let Bruce out so that he can look me over? I’ll make him let you back out if he does a bad job.”

Hulk growled again, but Natasha couldn’t say anything to calm him down as she found herself sneezing again. 

“Huptshh!”

She looked back up. “Please big guy? I could really use his help right now.”

Though reluctant, Hulk reached his hand back out and allowed Natasha to finish the lullaby. 

As he staggered and transformed back into his human self, Steve came around and draped the blanket over her shoulders that was normally meant for Bruce. She hadn’t even realized she was shivering. 

“Go back to the jet, get changed, get warmed up, and lay down. I’ll get Bruce back up there and then he can look you over,” Steve said in his Captain voice.

“I’m fine Steve. I just said all of that so that I could get him calmed down,” she said before her nose betrayed her.

“Humptshh, Huptshhh!”

Steve looked at her with a smirk. “Bless you. Just get up to the jet.”

Natasha frowned but did as she was told.

4. Handkerchief (sick! Natasha x Bruce)

Natasha had done exactly what she had been told. She changed out of her suit into a pair of sweat pants, something she never did before getting back home after a mission, and curled up into a chair before draping the blanket over her body. She must have dozed off, because the next thing she knew, a hand was resting against her forehead.

“Hey,” she said as she smiled up at Bruce.

“Hi. You weren’t there when I woke up. Steve said he sent you back because you weren’t feeling well. Are you okay?”

Natasha smiled as he babbled. “Yes, I’m fine. It’s just a cold.”

“Okay. Is there a reason you didn’t tell me?”

She sighed before sitting up a bit. “I honestly didn’t realize I was sick until we were about halfway here. At that point it was easier to just wait until we completed the mission.”

Bruce sighed. “Yeah. Easier. Steve wants a formal checkup.”

She groaned. “I’m fine.”

“Maybe, but he wants to hear that from me. Besides, you have a fever.”

“That’s normal for me. Ask Clint if you don’t believe me.”

“I trust you. What are your symptoms?”

“Coughing, slight headache, ch-chills,” she broke off as she began sneezing again. 

“Huptshhh! And that.”

Bruce smiled. “Bless you. Anything else?”

She shook her head no as she sniffled. 

“Here,” he said as he handed her a blue and white checkered handkerchief. 

“A handkerchief? Really? I would’ve expect that from Steve, not you Doc.”

He laughed. “Actually, it is Steve’s. We don’t have tissues on the jet, and he figured you might need it. He promised it was clean. My guess is that he carries it around more out of habit than necessity.”

Natasha nodded as she ducked her head into the cloth and sneezed a few more times. 

“Huhshoo! Huhchoo! Hehshoo! That’s going to get old quickly,” she complained before blowing her nose.

“Bless you. Come on, let’s get you checked out so you can get some rest.”

100. Tea (sick!Wand and Vision)

It was after 11 on a Friday morning when Wanda awoke to Vision entering their hotel room with a coffee cup and a small shopping bag in his hand. 

“Good morning,” he said sitting on the edge of the bed. 

“Morning,” she said as she sat up, frowning at how congested her voice sounded. She had thought yesterday that she had been coming down with a cold, but today it was very obvious.

“I suspected that you might be sick. You were very restless last night and seemed to have some trouble breathing. I went to the coffee shop down the street and got you some Chamomile tea. I believe I remember Captain Rogers making that when he was unwell.”

She smiled. “Thank you. Chamomile is my favorite,” she said before taking a sip of the warm liquid. “What’s in the grocery bag?”

“The lady at the pharmacy told me that you should take some Nyquil, rub some Vicks on your chest, and get plenty of rest. May I suggest that we stay in and watch movies today.”

Wanda nodded as she took another sip. “I think that would probably be best. Sorry to ruin our plans.”

“My only plans were to be with you. You have ruined nothing. Do you require anything else at the moment?”

She shook her head no as she pulled a blanket over her body and curled into Vision’s side. 

“Atchhoo, athcoooo!”

“Bless you. Are you okay. You’re sneezes were quite loud.”

Wanda blushed and she wiped her nose against her arm. “Yes. Sorry I have always sneezed loudly, and it only seems to get louder when I’m sick. Pietro would tease me about it all the time when we were younger, yet he would never leave my side,” she said smiling at the memory of her brother. 

“Well, I will take over his duties for now on. We have three days until Captain Rogers is expecting you back. I’m sure we can get you feeling better by then.”

Wanda took another sip of her tea before sitting it on the night stand. 

“I already am,” she said before retaking her spot against his side. 

I’m actually dead, so glad you’re back! I don't normally read female works but I love yours! Psyched to read the rest of what you have written :)

These are so good! I have a request/suggestion to make, Sam (Falcon) comes down with a pretty sneezy cold and hides it at first, but Cap figures it out and takes care of him. Maybe he catches it in another drabble. :D

14 hours ago, jai_is_bae? said:

These are so good! I have a request/suggestion to make, Sam (Falcon) comes down with a pretty sneezy cold and hides it at first, but Cap figures it out and takes care of him. Maybe he catches it in another drabble. :D

Yessss!!!! I'll try to have this up sometime this week!

77. Cold 

“Heh-etchoo, Huhetchoo, Itchoo!”

Sam groaned. “Can somebody please give him an allergy pill. This attack has been going on all day, and he’s just trying to pretend it isn’t. I know he’s the captain, but he can let us know when he’s not okay.

Natasha looked up from the book she was reading.

“Okay, there are three things wrong with that statement. First, he’s not going to just come out and say he isn’t okay. Second, an allergy pill won’t help anything. His metabolism will burn it off way too fast. Third, it’s not allergies.”

“Oh really? And how would you know? Last I checked Banner was the doctor.”

Natasha ignored the last comment. “Normally Steve sneezes either once or twice. Back when we were working in DC, we had arrived when the Cherry Blossoms started blooming. When he’s experiencing allergies, he sneezes in large fits of eight to ten sneezes. Before the accords, when Steve came down with a cold, he only sneezed in fits of three for over a week. Steve has been in fits of three all day, therefore he’s getting sick.”

Sam stared at her. “I don’t know if I should be impressed or terrified that you observe enough of everyone’s life to know our sneezing patterns.”

Natasha smiled. “I was trained to learn and know everything about all of the people I interact with.”

“Yeah. I’m sure it’s easier to learn the sneezing patterns of the people you’re sleeping with too.”

Natasha froze before turning to look at Sam

“It’s okay. You two deserve a win. You’ve both been through and have lost so much. If you can find even a little bit of happiness right now, you should. Plus, you two re professional enough that it won’t be annoying to be around, and I can start making jabs at Steve. 

Natasha smiled. 

“Hhhetchoo! Huhshoo, Itchoo!”

Sam groaned. “Please, for my sanity, go make him lay down or something.”

70. Kids

“Heptschu!”

“Bless you,” Laura said as she sat down beside Clint on the couch. “When you called saying that you had time off for the week, I though Fury was being nice, I didn’t realize he was forcing you to take time off to keep you from getting everyone else at SHIELD sick.”

Clint sniffed. “I’m sorry I came home. I should’ve went to the safe house to keep you all from getting this, but I just really needed to see you. The last mission was just...”

“I know. Nat called me when you guys got back. She was hoping to convince you to come for a bit. Apparently she didn’t have to work too hard.”

“No no she dihh – didn’t,” he finished quickly before sneezing again. 

“Hek’shu!”

“Bless you,” she said as she reached for a tissue out of the box on the coffee table.

As she turned around to hand it to him, she saw him wiping his runny nose on the inside collar of his t-shirt. 

“Clinton Francis Barton stop that.”

When he raised his eyes back up to meet those of his angry wife, he quickly looked away, embarrassed at having been reprimanded. 

“Sorry babe. Force of habit. We don’t usually take tissues on stake outs.”

Laura rolled her. “I’m sure Nat loves to hear you sniffling for three days straight.”

Clint shrugged as he wiped his note on his shirt again. 

“Clint. Stop that. You are actually worse than the kids.”

“Nah. Lila wipes her nose on my shoulder all the time. Last time I was home she sneezed on me.”

“Clint. She’s only four months old.”

“And? I can wipe my nose on you. You did say I was worse than the khh-kids,  Hah-heh…hekstch?”

“Bless you.” She said before they heard a high pitch cry coming from the baby monitor. 

Clint groaned, but Laura just chuckled. 

“Nice job Hawkeye you just gave away your position. You stay here, I’ll get her.”

Clint nodded and wiped his nose on his shirt for a third time once his life had left the room. 

32. Pain (sick Steve, end of Winter Soldier)

The last thing he remembered was Sam pressing the call button for more pain medication. Then everything went dark again. Now, he was aware of where he was, but he was having a hard time opening his eyes. Finally, he managed to get them open just enough to realize that it was no longer Sam sitting at his best side, but instead a snarky redhead who was typing very quickly on a small phone.

“I’d say on your left, but you wouldn’t get the reference.” Steve said.

Natasha finished typing before looking up at her phone. 

“Sleeeping Beauty finally awakes. How are you feeling”

“Like I was shot a few times, punched, fell a few hundred feet, and then almost drown before being pulled onto a bank of rocks.”

Natasha nodded. “You would know,” she said with a small smile. “Sam said you were only up for a few minutes before the pain became too much. Better now?”

“A little,” he grunted.

Natasha nodded. 

They were silent for a few minutes before Steve felt the urge to sneeze. 

Not having the energy to stifle the oncoming fit, or the energy to force the first sneeze out with enough energy to only sneeze once, Steve allowed his body to sink into the hospital bed and work off muscle memory. 

“hurrschoo! Hupshoo, hurrshoo, hupshoo!”

“That had to have hurt like hell,” Natasha said.

Steve, with his face as pale as a sheet, nodded while he ground his teeth together, doing everything he could not to cry out. 

Natasha placed her hand on his head, briefly running her fingers through his hair. 

“I think it’s time for some more pain medicine.”

Steve shook his head. “No, I’m okay.”

“Steve, you’re not. You have a slight fever. I’m wondering if you caught a cold from being waterlogged for eighteen hours.”

The abrupt tickle that resurfaced in his sinuses made him wonder if she was right.

“HETSCHOOO!”

“Bless you. C’mon Steve. Let yourself rest so that you can heal. I promise I’ll be here and I won’t let you sleep more than twelve hours at a time.”

With fear and pain in his eyes, Steve nodded and watched as Nat pressed the small red call button. 

I hope everyone enjoyed! Good news is that I have three more written and have some ideas for some more! So updates soon! 

As always, suggestions, comment, constructive criticism, and requests are always welcome!

Disclaimer: I own none of these characters, I just really enjoy making them sneeze! 

Two posts in one day?!?! WHAT!?!?

So just a quick note, #25 was one of the first drabbles I wrote way back in the very beginning, hence the super long length because I had no idea how to write a drabble. So I hope you enjoy. These were actually a lot of fun to write so I really hope you all enjoy!

87. Travel (Chris x Sebastian)

“Huh’ngxxt, Huh-etchh.”

“Bless you.”

“Thanks,” Sebastian replied. “Heh-etchh, huh-hhngxt.”

“Bless you again,” Chris said. 

“Thanks,” Sebastian said again as he sniffed. They had been on the plane for two hours so far and still had at least an hour left before they would touch down in Salt Lake. It had been three weeks of intense press, but the Con that they would be attending the following day would finally be their last event before a much needed two-month break. 

Sebastian leaned his head back against the seat, closed his eyes, and sighed. 

Chris gently rubbed his boyfriend’s arm. “We’ll be landing soon.”

Seb opened his eyes. “I know. I’m actually thinking about how amazing these next two months are going to be. Just us, no work. It sounds too good to be true.”

Chris smiled. “Just one more day.”

Seb nodded before ducking his head into his arm and releasing another sneeze. 

“Heh-itchoo.”

“Bless you. Are you feeling okay? You’ve been sneezing a lot today.”

There wasn’t too much worry in Chris’s voice, but Seb knew how… smothering Chris could and would become if he was sick. 

Seb sniffed. “Yeah. Probably just the dry air. We’ve been on quite a few planes recently.”

“Yeah,” Chris agreed, still looking skeptical. 

Seb smiled. “If it makes you feel any better, I’ll take some Zicam when we get to the hotel, just in case it’s something more.”

Chris smiled. “Yes, that would make me feel better.”

Seb squeezed Chris’s hand before leaning his head back and closing his eyes again. Sebastian rarely got sick, but this past month had been exhausting, and with all the travel, it really wouldn’t surprise him if his immune system had given into a cold. Hopefully, it would hold off long enough to get through the Con, and then he could succumb knowing that Chris would be a great nurse, even if he was a little over protective. 

A few minutes later, Sebastian was broken out of his thoughts as he heard Chris stifle two quick sneezes. 

“Hhhh-nnxgt, huh-nxgt.”

“Bless you,” Sebastian said, smirking at his boyfriend. 

Chris chuckled. “You’re right, must be the air.”

5. Unprepared (Chris x Sick!Seb)

To say that Sebastian was unprepared to get sick was an understatement. Other than Advil, he didn’t have any other medicine, and neither he nor the hotel room were stocked with tissues. So, he had been forced to rub his nose raw with the awful toilet paper. 

When they had arrived at the hotel the night before, Sebastian had crashed before any of his symptoms had become severe. Now, there was no denying that he had come down with a hideous head cold. 

Heh-hihitchoo. Huh-hhnxgt. Heh-eshooo!

Sebastian sighed before looking at himself in the bathroom mirror. There was no hiding it now. He was pale, yet his nose was bright red from the irritation brought on by the rough toilet paper. His eyes were glassy and he just looked bas overall. 

“Heh-tchoo, hhngxt.”

“Bless you,” Chris said as he stood in the doorway. “You’re sick.”

It wasn’t a question, but Sebastian found himself nodding anyway. 

“Why did you lie to me?”

“I honestly didn’t think that I was sick. Obviously I was wrong.”

“Yes, yes you were. I’ll call Mike and have him cancel our appearance today.”

“What? No, Chris. I really don’t want to cancel this. We only have one Q and A and two signings. I’ll be okay, and if I s-s-start,” he paused to gear up for another round. 

“Hh-hnngxt, hhhngxt.”

“Bless you.”

“Thanks. Seriously Chris, if I start feeling worse, I’ll come back here and sleep until we have to leave for the airport. Please, just don’t cancel.”

Chris eyed his boyfriend. “You will tell me if you start to feel bad.”

Sebastian nodded. 

“Okay. Why don’t you hop in the shower to try to clear out some congestion? I’ll run down to the gift shop and grab some tissues and Tylenol.”

Sebastian nodded, relieved that Chris was being reasonable. 

Huh-hhitchoo

Today was going to be a long day.

86. Comic Con

They had only been at the convention center for three hours when Seb started to feel really bad. 

He and Chris were waiting backstage, waiting for their Q&A to start, and Seb was very aware that the DayQuil he had taken earlier was wearing off quickly. 

“You okay?” Chris asked. 

“For now.”

The look that Sebastian received from his boyfriend made it very clear that Chris didn’t believe him. 

Thankfully, at that moment, the moderator called out Chris’s name, and the older man walked onto the stage. 

When Sebastian’s name was called a second later, he walked on to the stage and sat down right beside Chris. 

The panel had been going well. Sebastian answered the questions that were directed toward him, but otherwise let Chris babble through all of the others. 

They were halfway through when Seb’s nose started to tickle. Knowing that the inevitable would occur, Sebastian turned away from Chris and the moderator and stifled two sneezes into his arm. 

“Hhxxngt, hhxngt.”

Though nearly silent and covered, fans all throughout the room screamed “bless you,” interrupting Chris as he shared a story from set. 

Blushing hard, Sebastian brought the microphone up to his mouth and responded with a “thanks” and a small smile while Chris gave him a worried glance. 

It wasn’t two minutes later when the tickle made itself present again. This time however, he was in the middle of listening to a question directed to him.

“Hhxxngt, hhxngt, heh- etchhoo.”

Again, a chorus of bless you’s sounded throughout the center, including one from both Chris and the moderator. 

“Thank you,” Seb stated into his microphone. He was so embarrassed. “Sorry about that, I’ve been a bit under the weather the past couple days,” Seb explained. 

At that, a chorus of awws sounded, and Chris placed a hand on his shoulder to give it a quick squeeze. 

“Well good for you guys, you get some time off after this, right?” the moderator asked. 

Thankfully, Chris took over answering again, which was good since Seb was really starting to feel bad.

Finally, after an hour of pretending to be fine, the panel was over and Seb followed Chris backstage. 

There, he gave stopped caring and collapsed again Chris’s side. 

“You ready to get out of here?” Chris asked.

Seb nodded. 

“Okay,” Chris said as he started to lead the sick boy out.

25. Unexpected (Clint and Laura)

Whenever Nat and Clint returned home from a mission, they had a very specific routine: shower, change, and stitch each other up so that they wouldn’t have to go to medical unless absolutely necessary. Then they would go eat and then return to Clint’s room to Skype with his family, before Nat would fall asleep on his couch. They would get up the next morning, debrief, and then go about life in whatever way they saw fit. 

This time though, it was a little different. 

Clint was stitching up a long gash on Natasha leg when his personal phone started buzzing against the counter. 

“It’s your wife,” Natasha said trying not to grimace as the pain ripped through her leg. 

“She must be worried. I told her we would call 45 minutes ago,” he explained. “I would’ve been right if you would have mentioned that you had a knife wound the length of your leg.”

“I told you before and I will say it again. It was not that deep, I really didn’t think it needed stitches. Now, will you please answer your phone before I throw it across the room.”

Clint chuckled as he answered, “Hi babe.”

“Daddy?” he heard a soft voice come from the other end.

“Lila? Hi sweetheart. Where is mommy?”

Ignoring her father’s question, Lila responded with, “Daddy, can you please come home. Mommy isn’t feeling good.”

Clint was nervous, “what do you mean?”

“I think she might have a tummy ache. She’s been throwing up in the bathroom, sneezing all week, and sleeping on the couch when we play. Cooper is really worried.”

“Okay sweetie. I’m on my way. I’ll be home soon.” With that, he hung up the phone.

“What’s up?” Nat asked. 

“Apparently Laura is sick. I’m going to head home and just make sure everything is okay. Think you can hold down the fort until I get back? 

“Of course. Go make sure she’s okay. If worse comes to worse, I’ll pick you up on the way to the next mission.”

Clint nodded before grabbing his duffle off of the floor and exiting the training room. 

2 Hours Later

“Daddy,” his kids chorused as he entered his house. 

“Hi guys. Where is mommy?”

“She’s upstairs laying down.”

Clint nodded. “Okay, I’m going to go up and make sure she’s okay, and then I’ll come down and get dinner started. Okay?”

Both kids nodded as Clint made his way up the steps. 

When he got to the bedroom. He was shocked to see his wife laying on their bed on top of the covers, wearing a baggy sweatshirt, and curled in on herself. 

Carefully, Clint sat on the edge of the bed and moved a piece of hair off of his wife’s forehead. 

She moaned slightly before opening her eyes.

“Clint? What are you doing here?” she asked as she sat up. 

“Lila called me. She and Coop are really worried about you.”

Laura frowned. “Ihh-it…. Etchiew, etchoo.”

“Bless you.”

“Thanks. It’s just a cold.”

“Really?” Clint asked “Because you normally don’t throw up when you have a cold.”

Laura’s face went blank. 

“Clint. I’m sorry, I was gghh heh-etchoo!”

“Bless.”

“Ugh thanks. I’m sorry, I was going to tell you, but I thought that maybe I should wait for a little bit. I mean, we’re older and, and hhetchoo, I just didn’t want to get your hopes up in case something were to happen.”

He was lost. “Babe,” Clint began, but Laura cut him off.

“I mean I know we never really talked about having another kid but…”

“Wait. WHAT?” There was no way he just heard her right. “You’re pregnant?!?!”

Laura looked back at hit. “You didn’t know?”

Clint shook his head. “When I said about you throwing up, I was just implying that you have the flu.”

Laura shook her head. “No, etchoo, heh-etchoo,”

“Bless.”

“Thanks. But no, just a cold.”

“And a baby.”

Laura nodded. “Are you mad.”

“No babe. Not at all.”

“Ehhtchiew! Hetchoo, etchoo!”

“I am however very worried about this cold. You aren’t sounding great love.”

“Yeah, but if you remember, when we first got pregnant with Lila, I had that cold for the entire first trimester.”

“Yeah, and then you ended up in the hospital and on bed rest for four weeks.”

“Ethcooo!”

“Bless you. Why don’t you lay back down and I’ll go make some dinner.”

Laura nodded. “Are you sure you’re not mad?”

“Not at all. It was unexpected, but I could never be mad about having another kid with you.”

With that, he kissed her forehead and made his way back down stairs.”

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. It's been a hot sec, but here is an update for you! I hope you all enjoy! As always, comments, suggestion, requests, critiques, etc. are always welcome!

9. Stress (sick Pepper set in Iron Man 2 right before Pepper is named CEO)

She had been dealing with Tony for years. She had learned how to deal with him… or so she had thought. Lately he had been, different. She couldn’t describe it, but all she knew is that it was causing a lot more stress in her life.

She was sitting at her desk, going through all of the paper work that Tony was supposed to complete, but would probably never even look at when a sneezed ripped out of her. 

“heh- cheee”

Pepper groaned. She had guessed she had been coming down with a cold when she began sneezing, coughing, and sniffling the day before, but when she woke up this morning feeling as though her head were full of cement, she knew she was sick.

Heh-itcheee.

Thankfully Tony had been too busy working down in his workshop to come up and realize that Pepper was sick. He would’ve forced her to leave, which would mean that she wouldn’t get any work done for the day, and that just was not an option. She was stressed out. Mostly because of the excess work that had been thrown on her due to her boss. Missing more work and having the files stack up even higher than they already were would just cause more stress. She didn’t need to do that to herself. Tony would do that for her. 

Just then she heard the ding of her computer signaling that she, well Tony, had just received another email. 

As she checked, she saw that the email was from the Boy Scouts of America with a subject line of “Thank you.” Curious, she opened the email and quickly read over it. 

‘Dear Mr. Stark, Thank you so much for donating your personal modern art collection to the Boy Scouts of America. We are humbled that you thought of us and absolutely grateful for your generosity. We look forward to seeing you at our conference next year. ‘

“He did what!!!!!!” Pepper screamed. 

It had to have been a joke, had to have been. 

“JARVIS?”

“Yes Miss Potts?”

“Di—did, huh-hetchiew!”

“Bless you ma’am. There is an extra box of tissues in the bathroom if you should need them”

She ignored the politeness of the A.I.”

“Did Tony actually give the entire modern art collection to the Boy Scouts of America?”

“According to my records, Sir has given 239 of the 243 of the pieces to them while you were in New York. Would you like me to print out a list?”

Pepper didn’t answer. She was already out the door and on her way down to the workshop. She was done. 

8. Anger (sick Pepper, set in Iron Man 2, after Tony names Pepper CEO)

She was speechless. 

She had come down to rip Tony a new one, say she was done for the day, and then go home and not care about all of the work that was piled high on her (his) desk.

But then he told her he was making her CEO and toasting her with champagne, and she could think of nothing else except for how thrilled she was. 

“Tony,” she said as she sat her champagne flute down on the side table. “Are you really sure about this?”

“Yes. Absolutely. I thought about it, talked it over with JARVIS, and realized I was a genius for coming up with that idea. You do basically everything already. Now you don’t have to come find me every time you need a signature. You just sign it yourself.”

Pepper nodded.

“Heh-hitchiew!! Itchiew!”

“Bless you. You are sick.”

“Yes. Turns out that when you stress me out beyond measure, I get sick. I was spending more time taking care of your work than taking care of myself. 

“Well that’s stupid. You know I give you sick days for a reason right?”

“Yes, because you’re a germaphobe and would rather have the company lose money than risk me coming in and spreading my germs.”

“BINGO! So why are you here.”

“Heh-itchiew!”

She was getting mad at him again and sneezing was not helping. “Because the piles of work are taller than I am. If I hadn’t come in today, they would just keep growing. I…” she sighed. “I just can’t deal with that right now. I need to get this work done because you sure won’t and that means I’ll get yelled at buy the board next week at our meeting.”

“Well that’s not how that’s supposed to work. They are supposed to yell at me while I roll my eyes and don’t pay attention.”

“Well they prefer to yell to someone who is actually there.”

“Huh, well I guess I’ll have to show up. Well, as my final act as CEO, I’m ordering you to go home and rest Potts.”

“No. All that means is that I won’t get to enjoy my first day being in charge. I’ll be here for 24 hours getting all of that work done.” 

“Either you go home or your fired.” 

“Ha! Like you can afford to fire me. Heh-itchoo, Itcheee!”

“Bless you. If you won’t go home, will you at least let me call in my personal doctor just to check you out? I want you better for Monday when I announce to the world that you’re the boss.”

“Fine. But you have to come up to the office when I call you so you can sign everything at once.”

“Scouts Honor.”

“Oh yes, let’s talk about the Boy Scouts, Tony.”

He gulped. She was still mad.

36. Work (sick Sam)

“Hehschuu, Hihtshuu.”

“Dammit,” Sam groaned as he wiped his nose on his arm.

“How’s it looking,” Steve asked as he entered the cock pit of their quinjet. 

Steve, Sam, Natasha, and Wanda had just landed in Switzerland. While everyone had gotten to work getting inside and setting up their security system, Sam had stayed behind to turn of the jet and set it’s own security system. 

“So far so good. I’m just waiting for all the levels to stabilize so I can shut it down. How is everything going inside?” Sam asked.

He didn’t hear the answer. Instead, he was turning away from the Captain, releasing a volley of sneezes.

“Heh-hischuu, hehschuu, hih-hehschoo!”

“Bless you. You alright?”

Sam sniffed. “Fine. Just some dust probably. I was rewiring some stuff in the control panel. Go on inside and finish helping Romanoff. I’ll finish up here and be right in. 

Steve nodded once before turning around and exiting and jet. 

With his leader out of sight, Sam sighed. The cold that he had woken up with was becoming worse and worse with each passing minute. Eventually he wouldn’t be able to hide it from his comrades any longer. 

A beep from the control panel sounded, indicating that the levels had stabilized. Finally, the work was done. With more effort than was usually necessary, Sam stood up. He hit the power buttoned and fired up the jet’s security before leaving for the house. 

3 hours later

A knock on his bedroom door woke him up. 

“Come in,” Sam called, his voice cracking and congested. 

Slowly the door opened, revealing Steve in a pair of sweatpants and a tight T-shirt. 

“Sorry. I didn’t think you would be asleep.”

“It’s fine.” Sam said as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. “What’s up?”

“Wanda just put dinner on the table.”

“Huhschuu, Hetchooo! Hehschoo!”

“Bless you. So I figured I’d come let you know.”

“Thanks,” Sam said with a hard sniff. “I’ll be out in a minute. Heh-hischoo!”

“Bless you. Are you feeling okay?” 

“Yep. I’ll be out in a minute.” 

With that, Sam shut the door to the bathroom, effectively shutting Steve out. 

Sam entered the kitchen five minutes later to see the rest of his team sitting down and eating. Only Wanda wasn’t on some device, instead choosing to a read a book while she ate what appeared to be some type of Indian food. 

“Well you look like shit,” Natasha said.

“Thanks. Now I understand why Clint retired.”

Natasha smirked. 

“In all seriousness,” Steve jumped in, “you don’t look like yourserlf. Are you okay?”

“Steve, I just told you that I’m fine. So can you please drop it already” 

Dinner was silent after that except for the occasional sniffle and regular sneezes for Sam. 

“Heh-shoo!”

“Bless you,” Steve said. 

“Thanks,” Sam said, feeling absolutely miserable. It was then that he realized that Natasha and Wanda had left the table. “Where did they go?”

“Just into the living room. Why don’t we get you some medicine and then into bed? I’m pretty sure you have a fever.”

Sam nodded, “Sorry Cap. Didn’t want to make it seem like I couldn’t do my work. 

“Nothing to be sorry for. Just let us know next time okay? We need our pilot.”

24. Friend

To say that Sam had a bad cold was an understatement. He hadn’t left his bed in the last three days other than to go to the bathroom, constantly relying on Steve to get him whatever he needed. 

This morning, Sam had woken up feeling bad, but not horrible, which he considered to be a great thing considering that he had felt worse than death warmed over the past three days. Slowly, Sam stood up, checking his balance before trudging toward the door and out into the living room. Wanda, was curled up on herself on the window seat reading a book while Natasha was on the recliner checking in on an iPad. 

“He lives,” Natasha stated as Sam entered the room. 

“Ha ha ha. Of course I’m alive. Can’t get rid of me that easily,” Sam said. “Where’s Steve?”

Natasha pointed to the couch. 

There was Steve, laying on the couch, sound asleep, and snoring softly. 

“He caught your damn cold. Tell me, is it a male trait that you try to hide illness until you’re practically dead?”

Sam shrugged. “Heh-hischoo, hehschoo!”

“Bless you,” Steve said groggily as he rubbed his eyes. “Still not feeling great?”

“Guaranteed I’m feeling better than you right now. Sorry about that by the way.”

“Not your f-ff-fault,”

Huh’TCHH, Huh’TCHH

“And that is my cue to leave,” Natasha said. “I do not want this.”

Sam ignored the red head as she left the room. “Need anything? I feel like I should be returning the favor from the last couple of days.” 

Steve shook his head as he brought his arm up to his face. 

“Heh’TCHh, heh-‘Tchh

“Bless. Who would’ve know that Captain America could get sick.”

“I’ve forgotten how exhausting colds are. I mean, I’ve sneezed here and there since coming out of the ice, but never like this. I understand why you haven’t felt up to anything more than lying in bed these last few days.”

Sam nodded. “Thank you by the way, for everything that you did. I appreciate it. 

Steve sighed and closed his eyes. “That’s what friends are for Sam. These past few months, I haven’t been a great friend to the people I care about the most.”

“Steve, do not do that to yourself. Please. Shit happened, but we will get through this. So please, do yourself a favor, rest, relax, and stop caring about everything but youself for the next few days okay? We can hold down the fort.

Steve nodded. “Thanks Sam.”

He smiled, “That’s what friends are for.”

Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the sick Sam and that Steve comes down with it too! I just have a thing for sickies sleeping on couches. Lovely update :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

WOW!!!! It has been a long time!!! But, I'm back! Just a quick update, more to come hopefully in the upcoming days! Enjoy!

67. Vacation

Hhnng’chuu, etshuu, hhh-hhhnng’chu!

“You just had to go and get sick didn’t you?”

Clint wiped his itchy nose with a tissue he had pulled out of the black backpack sitting beside him. 

“You know, the proper response when someone sneeze is usually ‘bless you.’”

Natasha glared at him.

“So are you mad that I’m sick because we are on vacation, or that we’re on vacation because I’m sick?” Clint questioned, punctuating the ending with a very thick sniff.

“All of the above,” she said in a tone which implied that she was done with the topic at hand.

“I didn’t ask Fury to be taken out of the field you know.”

“I’m aware, but the fact that you couldn’t go ten minutes without sneezing during the debrief kinda gave it away that you weren’t fit for duty. Plus, I'm sure Fury wouldn’t have been thrilled if you had shared with everyone else at SHIELD.”

Clint didn’t respond. He just sank into the beach chair and looked out toward the ocean... the cold ocean that he would not be enjoying on this trip.

Hhn’chuu, etschoo!

Natasha groaned

Clint looked up at her with a look of embarrassment on his face. No, that couldn’t be right. Clint wasn’t someone who got embarrassed over things like that. 

“Nat, why the hell did you make me come out here if all you wanted was to do was work. We could’ve stayed in the room. I’d been content sleeping all day.”

“Because the A/C is blasting and you know as well as I do that even if we turn it off that room will be freezing cold, and that won’t help you get better.”

Clint shrugged. He wasn’t in the mood to fight. He rarely got sick, and even then it usually wasn’t much more than some sniffles that required him to carry an extra travel pack of tissues, but this cold hit him had hit him hard. All he wanted was to sleep, preferably with his head in Natasha’s lap as she ran her fingers through his hair or rubbed her back. 

She obviously wasn’t in the mood though, which sucked because they were technically on vacation, regardless as to why. Neither would be enjoying themselves. 

Hhh-hhng’chuu!

Clint sniffed. 

Yeah. Some vacation this was.

13. Sympathy

At first she was annoyed. Annoyed because Fury made it clear that she and Clint were taking time off away from SHIELD. She became more annoyed that a room was set up for them at the beach. 

Fury claimed it was because Clint needed to take time off to get better, but Natasha had doubted the motives. For one, after their previous mission, medical had advocated for Natasha taking a week or so off due to severely bruised ribs. However she brushed off Clint’s concern and immediately told Fury to send her on her next mission.

The other reason for doubt was that she was sure Clint was faking his illness. It had come on fairly suddenly and he had few symptoms other than the near constant sneezing. However, Clint was great when it came to fake sneezes, so much so that Natasha couldn’t actually tell the difference. It was a random skill the archer possessed that Natasha was impressed by.

So, she had put up a fight and made sure Clint knew that she was not happy. If he was going to make her take time off, she would make sure he knew she didn’t enjoy it.

Now though Natasha felt differently. She knew Clint was sick by the fact that he was fast asleep in the beach chair beside her, his mouth open and his breathing a bit more labored than usual. 

Clint never slept during the day.... ever. 

He was also using a beach towel as a blanket, despite the warm temperatures.

He must be sick, and sicker than he was letting on. 

She was watching her sleeping boyfriend when his nose began to crinkle and his breath hitched. It wasn’t two seconds later that Clint’s  eyes snapped open and he immediately released two absolutely exhausted sounding sneezes into his elbow.

Hhhng’xt, Hhng’chu

“Bless you,” Natasha said as she reached over to brush the hair off Clint’s forehead and check his temperature in the process. “How about we go back to the room so that you can lay down and get some rest?”

When Clint turned to face her, she saw the illness and exhaustion written on his face. He nodded.

“Sorry about earlier. I didn't realize how sick you were.”

“S’okay Nat,” he responded as the two trudged up the beach.

31. Massage

As they entered their hotel suite, Clint immediately changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt, blew his nose and laid down on the bed. Natasha followed suit but grabbed a book before sitting up against the headrest. Gently, she guided Clint’s head to her lap and ran her fingers through his hair, making sure to massage behind his ear and down his neck every so often. 

It hadn’t been five minutes when Natasha realized that Clint was out cold. When she discontinued the movement, Clint grunted and stirred until she began all over again.

Clint slept for five hours before once again sneezing himself awake

Hhhng’chu, eschoo!

“Bless you,”

“Thanks. What time is it?”

“Almost six. You really passed out. Are you okay?”

Clint nodded as he wiped his nose. “Just a really bad cold,” he said emphasizing his point with a shiver that racked his body.

While Clint was busy blowing his nose, Natasha got up off of the best and went over to Clint’s bag to retrieve the travel neck pillow that Clint had insisted he needed a few months ago. 

She returned to the bed and threw the neck pillow down. Clint looked at her questioning her motive.

“Lay down, and put your face into the pillow so that you can breath.”

Clint was hesitant but obeyed all the same. Once he was lying down, Natasha got onto the bed, straddling Clint and sitting on his butt. 

Clint was about to question her but then he felt the most wonderful thing ever. Natasha was kneading the muscles in his overly tense shoulders. She felt him visibly relax to her touch and she kept going.

Natasha took her time, massaging every inch of Clint’s back, neck, arms and legs. She had retaken her first position when Clint’s calm breathing began to falter. Not having enough time to get off, Natasha stayed put while Clint let out a harsh sneeze.

Hhh-hheschoo!!

“Just one?” Natasha asked, knowing that that was extremely rare for her partner.

Clint nodded as another pre-sneeze expression masked his face.

Natasha chuckled. “You sure?”

Clint shook his head as he turned to sneeze into his arm. 

Hhhng’chu, eschoo!

“Bless you,” Natasha said as she laid down beside him and kissed his forehead.

“Thanks, and thank you for the massage. I really needed that. I honestly feel better.”

“Good. I want you to get better soon so that we can actually enjoy some of this mandatory vacation with you.”

Clint sighed and relaxed.

“So you’re not mad?”

Natasha smiled. “No. And I might even ask Fury for a few more days here, if that’s okay with you?”

Clint smiled and nodded as his eyes closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived