Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sekiro/From Software

Owen

Anyone else playing sekiro at the moment? I don't think I've seen any other from software related topics on here!

What's your favourite game from the studio? 

Demon's Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3

Haven't played Sekiro yet but I'm very excited for it

Demons souls and then bloodborne dark souls the dark souls 2 then dark souls 3 then deracine are my favourite can't wait to play sekiro 

How did I miss this? 😮

I'm playing Sekiro, I'm a huge Souls fan. I've gotten to the end, or close, of most of the Souls games.

I'm finding Sekiro very hard at the moment, and stuck almost at the start. However, I remember from all the previous Souls games that the hardest bit is starting off, so I'm not demoralised just yet. Also being a Shinobi is SO AWESOME! :D

On 3/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, Fantasneezer said:

Demon's Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3

Haven't played Sekiro yet but I'm very excited for it

I missed out on playing demon's souls on the last gen but from what I've seen it looks amazing! Have you started Sekiro yet? Its very different but totally worth it!

On 4/6/2019 at 7:43 PM, Heathcliff said:

How did I miss this? 😮

I'm playing Sekiro, I'm a huge Souls fan. I've gotten to the end, or close, of most of the Souls games.

I'm finding Sekiro very hard at the moment, and stuck almost at the start. However, I remember from all the previous Souls games that the hardest bit is starting off, so I'm not demoralised just yet. Also being a Shinobi is SO AWESOME! :D

Theres definitely a massive learning curve with Sekiro but like you're saying once you get past that it only gets better and better!

Nice to see someone else that likes Owlboy as well :) 

I've played about 10 hours and I love it so far. It's almost like playing demon's souls for the first time, everything feels new. I'm really glad about that because while I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 a lot, the formula was getting a bit old since I've played all of them in order. And I can't really pick a favourite but the best ones for me are Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 4:41 PM, Heathcliff said:

I can't do it. Miyazake has defeated me. This game is too difficult,

Where are you up to? You can do this I have faith in you 

I am very early on.

I am trying to find the horseman again so I can scare his horse with fireworks.

I feel utter despair but I know that is part of a From game.

Thanks for your support matey :)

I want to defeat that damn horseman- Gyoubu Oniwa. I can shave some health off but I alwarys get killed.

I badly want his blood. :(

11 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

I want to defeat that damn horseman- Gyoubu Oniwa. I can shave some health off but I alwarys get killed.

I badly want his blood. :(

I think that the ability that lets you attack in the air after grappling is really good in this fight. Since there's one move he does that let's you grapple him.  And what helped me was being very aggressive, even though my instinct told me to stay away I just rushed him and hit him as much as I could. That strategy has been working for me pretty well in general. And I tried to deflect whenever he was swinging at me, but if you press a bit too early, you block so you're usually safe that way. I hope you get him.

I asked my brother as well and he said to be aggressive too. Thank you for the tips Anatoli. I'll have another go later.

I know that this game isn't Dark Souls and one should not attempt to play it that way- it's hard to break your muscle-memory though.

Other things I have available are-

General Tenzen Yamauchi- I really should man up and beat this guy for a prayer bead.

Juzou the Drunkard- this big man looks frightening. He stops to drink during the fight and still wipes the floor with me. I get the idea I should leave him until later.

-------

All joking and frustration apart, I still love Miyazake. Not many games make me want to talk about them as much as his do.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit: I totally didn't intend to post those images at the bottom, but I like how they look so I will leave them there.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got back into this game- boosted my skills. I still need to beat Gyoubu the Demon. I love how different websites give slightly different strategies!

After trying to scare his horse with fire, I realised I'd read it wrong and you have to scare the horse with fireCRACKERS .

This boss shouldn't be too hard but I feel like I'm being tested.

Edit: thank you all for advice anyway. This game is clearly not unbeatable and that's what anyone should think.

Me fighting the Blazing Bull, after dying quite a few times:

- Oh shit, I got hurt on the way to the boss and had to use one health restore before the fight.

- Well screw it, this is just a practice go. I'll try jumping on his head for the lulz.

- Hmm, he doesn't seem very prepared for that.

(2 mins later, having beaten him)

- Holy fucking shit that made the fight SO much easier. (Plus the firecrackers- it's ok, I'm a Shinobi- I fight dishonourably :ninja:)

-------------

I'm still so early on but I feel that buzz with a FromSoft game where you start to get more into it. I'm starting to get the deflection system more and I enjoy how the right Shinobi tool can be used for a big advantage.

I'd be interested in knowing how others are doing. I imagine some clever people have finished the game- I may never do that, but I'm going to get my money's worth and enjoy it. 😈

8 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Me fighting the Blazing Bull, after dying quite a few times:

- Oh shit, I got hurt on the way to the boss and had to use one health restore before the fight.

- Well screw it, this is just a practice go. I'll try jumping on his head for the lulz.

- Hmm, he doesn't seem very prepared for that.

(2 mins later, having beaten him)

- Holy fucking shit that made the fight SO much easier. (Plus the firecrackers- it's ok, I'm a Shinobi- I fight dishonourably :ninja:)

-------------

I'm still so early on but I feel that buzz with a FromSoft game where you start to get more into it. I'm starting to get the deflection system more and I enjoy how the right Shinobi tool can be used for a big advantage.

I'd be interested in knowing how others are doing. I imagine some clever people have finished the game- I may never do that, but I'm going to get my money's worth and enjoy it. 😈

This is great well done! Please keep us updated ^^

I'm stuck on the final boss (no spoilers) but not given up quite yet. You have a long long road ahead of you but it gets even better!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a bit further, I'm enjoying this a lot. I feel more attuned to the combat. I've been poking around in Senpou Temple and beat a couple of minibosses. Built up some more prayer beads and skills.

But I can't put off fighting Genichiro at the top of Ashina Castle any longer. I got him down to bare-chested-angry-electric phase once, but I got killed. Any Genichiro tips? :D

Seriously, I remembered why I love Miyazake's games. I had several fights with Lady Butterfly where I died, and all I could think was "This is such a cool fight I want another go!". (Beat her now, oh yeeeeeah.)

Yes yes yes! Down goes Genichiro (for now). 

Now I want to go and see some cute monkeys. 😈

4 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Yes yes yes! Down goes Genichiro (for now). 

Now I want to go and see some cute monkeys. 😈

Well done! That's a big milestone. Keep pushing it just keeps getting better :D

Very nice Heathcliff, you've made a lot of progress. Genichiro was really tough for me (but I did enjoy the fight). What happend to me pre-patch was that my savefile got corrupted and I had to start the game from the beginning. Then there were some other distractions but I'm going to finish this. I've enjoyed the game every time I play it. Last time I played I was in Mibu Village.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, Anatoli said:

What happend to me pre-patch was that my savefile got corrupted and I had to start the game from the beginning.

That's really bad luck, I'm sorry! :(

I've just reached the Hidden Forest- I cheesed Snake Eyes Shirahagi a bit by letting her stand in the poison, but since she has an enormous gun (and some friends with guns) I don't feel too bad.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, Anatoli said:

Genichiro was really tough for me (but I did enjoy the fight)

Same for me. I keep saying it but again it's a From game which I almost quit, but then persevered and found very rewarding.

Archived