Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze's Fanfiction Drabbles - Assorted fandoms - Currently TUA and Good Omens

Kaze Wo Hiku

Finally worked up the nerve to make a fanfiction drabble thread.  Probably assorted fandoms, right now I'm knee deep into Klaus from The Umbrella Academy.  But I've also done from Voltron ones which I'll post as well.  Here's two small ones to start.

~~~~

Fandom: The Umbrella Academy
Character: Klaus

The frilly fur fringed coat did nothing to keep the chill he felt away. The rain had stopped a while ago but Klaus remained soaked, hair sticking against his face. “Fuck, I’m freezing.” His hoarse voice chattered between shivers.

“Maybe if you wore more layers this wouldn’t be a problem.” Ben remarked as he followed his brother down a back ally. “Or you know, a shirt.”

Klaus had never been one for warm clothes choosing style over substance but this time had back fired for sure. The coat doubled as Klaus’s only top paired with his laced up leather pants more of his skin was wet then not.

“Shut up.” Klaus coughed dryly not choosing to cover as his hands held a tight grip on his arms. “I didn’t ask for advice.” Droplets of rain dripped from his hair rolling down his face and neck. Last night he’d slept next to a dumpster since the rehab clinic was full. After a full night of rain left him with little voice Klaus was not against finding a dry overhang to collapse in.

“That’s the problem, you never do.” Ben replied.

Klaus groaned, “Oh blah, blah. Why are you still talking?” He snapped at Ben. “God I need a cigarette.” His voice cracked hard forcing another harsh cough.

“Why are you?” Ben side eyed his stubborn brother. “If you didn’t already look crazy, you sound horrible.”

Klaus ran a hand threw his hair but it did little good, the curled ends still stuck around his dark lined eyes. “Oh, how observant of you.” He croaked. “Ugh, forget the cigarette, need something stronger. Come…on…” The words rasped as Klaus coughed again. “I know a guy.”

Ben shook his head as he followed his brother past the piles of trash which lined the alleyway.

~~~~

Fandom: Voltron
Character: Shiro

It was going to be one of those nights. The normally soft light illuminating from the nearby lamp burned his eyes. Shaking violently beneath the thin blanket, sleep had first been interrupted by another nightmare.

The Galra gladiator arena. Matt’s frightened face staring at him even with his own red rimmed eyes squeezed shut. Then Myzax. Sweat trickled down his face, running over the prominent scar across his nose. The whirling energy orb buzzing past him, smashing everything in its path. Screams of prisoners from previous battles, their life force crushed beneath Myzax’s staff thundered through his ears.

The blanket nearly fell, his white knuckled fingers grasping at the loose ends so it wouldn’t fall at the floor. The only armor he had against the penetrating thoughts. More fever sweat clouded his vision, Shiro weakly raised his head enough to wipe it away with his shoulder.

“Pathetic.” A gravely voice sounded in the dark.

Pain surged through his arm, forcing him up, gasping he backed against the bed wall. The glowing lifeless eyes of the Galra Emperor glared in the dark.

Panting heavily, another sharp pain shot through Shiro’s body doubling him over. His tufted of white hair glued with sweat to his forehead, blocking his hazy vision. The hallucination brought on by his state, now vanished into the thin air.

Forcing himself up, he grunted before rolling back over onto his side, lacking the energy to fully stand. The bed soaked from fever, blanket lay out of reach, Shiro panted watching the dim room spin before the dark took him again.

More TUA cuz I'm slightly obsessed with Klaus.

Character: Klaus

The violently loud explosions of mortar fire around them felt like a cage keeping them away from the rest of their unit.  Pieces of shells, dirt, bones fiy into the air disrupting their view of escape.  Soldiers scream commands but their voice drown out in the chaotic cacophony of enemy fire.  A fellow solider lies bleeding out from shrapnel lodged into his gut.  He can’t help him.  He can’t do anything.  He couldn’t even save Dave…

“You look like shit.” 

A familiar voice stirs Klaus from a fitful nights sleep.  Dave? No, wait he’s home.  If you call this a home anymore.  A bright morning light shining in through his window forces Klaus to roll onto his side in near fetal position.  Cradling his head, his curling hair matted to the sides of his face, he hasn’t felt his bad while physically sober since…well since the last time he was sober. 

His head pounds even though his body lays motionless.  The sheets on his bed tangled around his legs, soaked with sweat, they feel tight as if chains seizing him down.  Slowly Klaus frees one entangled foot from the damp twisted mess around him.  Sadly he cannot extinguish the sun which only shines through harder.  “I’m great.” He rasps to Ben before pulling a pillow over his face.

“Picture of health.” Ben scoffs.  He gets a lazy thumbs up from his brother.  Suddenly a loud pounding at his door jolts Klaus up.

“Meeting downstairs in 5. Be there.” Diego orders from the hall before stomping off. 

“Fuck.”  Klaus whispers holding his throbbing head in his hands.  Rubbing the palms of his hands against his eyes does little to relieve the pain.  Wearily he sits up not bothering to change out of his fever stained clothes, only grabbing his black fur trimmed coat to chase off the chills he felt. 

The gazes he receives from his fellow siblings as he slowly saunters to the couch aren’t new.  Diego’s disappointed sigh paired with an eye roll only means one thing.  “The party has arrived.”  Klaus fakes a smile as he lays down on the couch wrapping his coat around him.

“Really?” Diego spits. “Of all the days to be high you pick the apocalypse.

“He’s not high.” Ben corrects. “He’s sick.”

“No no no no.” Klaus lays his arm across his eyes keeping the glaring light of the main room far from his burning eyes.  “I’m peachy.  Continue.”  His other hand lazily gestures.  The voices of his brothers fade into mumbles as dark spots dance above him.  “Pretty.” He whispers reaching a finger out.

“Klaus!” Diego’s frustration more than evident. “Have you heard a word we’ve said.”

Slowly, hoping to keep the rattling at a minimum Klaus shakes his head.  “Kinda burned out today.”

“You mean high.” Without even seeing Diego, Klaus easily pictures his brothers reaction. 

“Tell them.” Ben insists.

“Why? They won’t believe me.  Hey look a unicorn.”  Klaus breaks into a chuckle before hissing in pain. “Ow ow bad idea.”  He rasps pinching his fevered forehead.

“I don’t think he’s high.” Five says looking down at his brother.

“See.” Klaus waves at Five. “You were always my favorite.”  He can’t keep his tired eyes open any longer, the piercing light amplifying his throbbing headache.  Suddenly he’s on fire, his skin burning beneath his coat.  “No no no no.” Klaus struggles to free himself but the room spins as he frantically fights for any kind of relief.  Dave help me.

Luther grabs onto Klaus while Allison pulls off the coat.  “He’s burning up.” Luther said in quiet shock to Allison. 

“Are you positive he’s not just high.” Diego asks his tone now of concern.  A flash of light Five disappears.

Luther lays Klaus back on the couch, “OK new plan.” As he begins Five reappears with a damp towel.  “Allison you stay here with Klaus.  Diego, Five and I will find out why Harold wasn’t the reason all this happened.  Klaus.”  Luther looks down at his fevered brother. “Feel better.”

The towel felt wonderful for a split second then ice began running through Klaus’ veins.  Shivering madly he barely forced a nod to Luther as his brothers left.  Allison and Ben sat next to him, his sister running his soft fingers through his hair giving any comfort she could.   Klaus reaches for his coat using it now only as blanket against the chill.  He was used to feeling worthless, it had been ingrained to him as a child by his father.  However as his head began to clear a bit from the fever, the idea his family was out their fighting for the future and he remained here hurt Klaus more than the fever.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, ReidSeeker said:

I just watched episode 8 (OMG) and his constant "I don't feel good"'s were killing me! 

Ohmygod same ❤️

Ok so now I've fallen into Klave so here's some Vietnam war fluff.

~~~~

Characters: Dave and Klaus

Dave had gotten used to Klaus never looking particularly “healthy”. In the months since his, now boyfriend, has mysteriously dropped in during the night; Klaus had always looked as if he constantly lacked a good nights sleep.

Of course in the middle of a war that was hard to come by. However, lately if possible, Klaus appeared even worse. Sadly, Dave wasn’t completely shocked. A nasty virus had run through the camp recently, a side effect of grimy conditions brought on by living in a jungle. Even though Klaus would not admit it, Dave bet his poor man had caught the bug.

“Sweetheart?” Dave asked as he sat down next to Dave who had been staring off into space on his faded green cot for probably a good half an hour. “Are you feeling okay?” Not only was the scrawny brunette wearing a long sleeve army coat over his vest but also the black fur lined one he had shown up wearing. Klaus’ face glowed with a dampness paired with deep circles beneath those eyes Dave had adored since first sight.

“Fine.” His voice strained which caused Klaus to cough lightly into his sleeve.

Dave cupped his own hand on Klaus’ fevered face. “Well it’s hot as hell outside and you’re wearing three layers. Are you cold?” His tone subtle with concern since the fever radiating off his boyfriend’s head answered his question.

“No no no no I’m fine, love.” Klaus swayed leaning into Dave’s embrace. “I’m fine…” His voice cracked triggering another cough. Klaus veered away from Dave but to no avail.

“If you’re fine why are you turning away from me.” Dave whispered placing a kiss on Klaus’ forehead. The sick man exhaled a sigh.

“Well…” Before Klaus could continue his breath hitched. Burying his head down hoping to evade Dave, a heavy sneeze erupted.

Ei'iisshjuh!

“Well bless you.” Dave replied sympathetically pulling Klaus closer to him. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Klaus shrugged which felt as if took all his strength. “I’m not used to anyone worrying about me.”

“Hey thanks, bro.” Ben sounded miffed. Klaus lazily brushed Ben off.

Dave smiled, thumbing away damp curls around Klaus’ temples. “I’m not just anyone, sweetheart.” His fine fingers gently brushed Klaus’ cheek hoping to lull his boyfriend into some much needed sleep.

Sadly, a minute later, Klaus’ breath hitched again, his nose twitched as he brought up his sleeve again.

Ah'hh…Ah'htssshew! Eh’hiiTSXHhhew!

That second one nearly rocked him off the cot but Dave’s strong hold brought more than comfort. Dave brought peace. Dave brought acceptance.

“Bless you again. Try to sleep, okay?”

For this man, Klaus would do anything.

Dave! :bawl: I have completed s1 of tua and it has crushed me. I think I'm slightly obsessed 

13 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

For this man, Klaus would do anything.

:bawl:so cute. And sweet. And sad. And true, I'm sure. I wanna talk about it but SPOILERS 

20 hours ago, Sooph said:

I didn’t know I needed Klaus content but I so very much did. Thank you, this is amazing!

Thank you! And they'll be more :)

11 hours ago, ReidSeeker said:

Dave! :bawl: I have completed s1 of tua and it has crushed me. I think I'm slightly obsessed 

:bawl:so cute. And sweet. And sad. And true, I'm sure. I wanna talk about it but SPOILERS 

Ugh I know, my heart hurts for him

Ok another one sorry it's not TUA.  I'm 99.999999% sure I didn't post this next one.   I absolutely love Rakugo but sadly the fandom is dead.  This came in as a commission which I was happy to write.

~~~~

Fandom: Showa Genroku Rakugo
Characters: Shin and Kiku

No Rehearsal Tonight

The slow shut of the paper screen alerted Shin that Kiku had returned. Laying on the floor, Shin propped his hand beneath his head elevating himself with his elbow, his brown eyes following his dark haired friend who muffled a barking cough into his haori sleeve.

“Did the old man understand?” Shin asked as Kiku ruffled his hair which faintly stuck to the dampness lining his temples.

Resting his cane against the wall, Kiku staggered a bit, a wave of dizziness swept over him. Shin jumped up immediately, easing the fellow storyteller down to the cooler wood floor. Kiku coughed again grimacing a bit as he swallowed.

“He did.” Kiku replied hoarsely running a hand over this throat gently trying to massage away the fiery pain.

A thin smile formed on Shin’s lips. “Knew he would, you being his successor and all. No rehearsal tonight.”

“Shin…” Kiku’s weak voice still managed some bite to his friends name. Another cough, dryer harsher escaped him, forcing him to bend forward.

“Easy Bon. Here come with me.” Shin threw Kiku’s arm around his neck and slowly stood carrying the ill man to the bedroom. A futon sat on the floor, Shin kicked the blanket away with his foot. “Here, lay down.” His voice soft, calm, bringing more comfort than any medicine.

Kiku, exhausted from the walk collapsed, his legs finally giving out. The ends of his yukata flaring about as his body hit the soft futon. His black hair fell in front of his dark eyes which only saw a blurry room. A raucous harsh cough rocked him hard enough, Kiku rolled onto his side, gasping for needed breath.

Kneeling down, Shin bent his arm beneath his friends head, gently propping Kiku up. “Sounds bad.”

Exhausted, Kiku’s eyes rolled, he barely grunted a reply. Shin eased him back down covering his friend with the blanket. His hand gently brushed against the fellow storyteller’s forehead. “Burnin’ there Bon.” Shin shook his head, his short brown curls settling around his eyes.

Kiku barely heard the words, they floated around him like moths. His aching head pounded against the pillow, the brief touch of Shin fingers relieved some of the pain.

Removing a cigarette from his pocket, Shin placed it between his lips while striking a match. Inhaling deeply, Shin blew the smoke up towards the ceiling. “Don’t be moving from that spot Bon, not ‘til you feel better.” He took another drag the cigarette end crackled.

Kiku coughed, the dry hacking sound sent a twinge down Shin’s spine. His friend convulsed under the blanket as another cough wracked his thin body.

“Here.” Shin crushed out his cigarette then lumbered up. “Fetch you some water.” His hand slid the door open. “Cloth too.” Stepping into the hall he began to close the screen.

“Shin…” Kiku’s gravely voice croaked, his dark eyes fluttered as he looked up at his friend. “Thank you.”

A hint of a smile graced Shin’s lips as he nodded then slide the door shut.

End

Author's Note: 

Rakugo - the art of storytelling/spoken word theater

Haori - traditional kimono jacket

Yukata - casual garment worn by men

Yes more Klaus.  This one is mildly AU since Dave is in it and it's not set in Vietnam.

~~~~

Characters: Dave and Klaus

“Babe?” Dave’s voice cracked as he was unable to hide the concern. “Babe look at me.” He winced feeling the heat radiate off Klaus’s brow. His boyfriends clouded dark lined green eyes fluttered.

“Hey Dave.” He whispered, if Dave had not been right next to Klaus, he never would have heard it. “Want some waffles?”

A faint smile graced Dave’s worried face, “No, but I need you drink some water.” Slowly he tipped the cup towards Klaus who barely got his pounding head up in time. “Little more.” Dave coaxed.

The cold liquid stung Klaus’ dry lips, a shiver shook his frame so Dave pulled the blanket up closer around him. “Babe listen…maybe…” His voice trailed off as an exhausted cough escaped Klaus; his scrawny frame seemed if it would break in half. Easing his boyfriend back, Dave swept away the hair, “Maybe we should go to the hospital.”

“Wha?” Klaus’ head bobbed as he finally made eye contact with Dave. Slowly as if the suggestion finally began to register, Klaus’ head feverishly shook. “No no no…” His trembling hand edged away from Dave. “Please no….ple….” Another raspy cough interrupted his pleading. “You don’t….” Klaus slumped over, “You don’t un…der…stand…” Green eyes rolled back as his body began to go limp.

“Klaus!” Dave shouted frantically. A faint whimper sounded as Klaus’s eyes flickered. Instantly Dave shot up running to the sink. Running a cloth under the water he returned to Klaus’s side; the feverish former junkie was shaking so bad Dave was worried he might fall off the bed. “Here.” He whispered placing the cloth on his boyfriends forehead, “I know it’s cold.” Dave stroked Klaus’ hot damp face trying to bring any sense of calm. “Klaus, sweetheart, you’re on fire. You should be in a hospital.” Given Klaus’ issues from years of substance abuse, Dave had no idea how his body would react to medicine.

“Davey please.” Tears began to well in the corners of Klaus’ weary eyes. “So much…death…” His hot hand clasped tightly onto Dave’s, “They’ll find…me…” Images of the dark claustrophobic mausoleum appeared. Klaus seized in pain, arching his back off the couch. All those disembodied voices crying out to him echoed in his mind.

Horrified, Dave grabbed onto the man he loved, “I got you babe, it’s okay, I’ve got you.” Dave’s own voice cracked, he hadn’t even thought about the effects of Klaus being in a hospital. “We’ll stay here…” He said taking Klaus’ hand who was panted heavily.

“Thank…you…” A weight felt as if had been lifted off his chest; Klaus’ eyes closed but his grip on Dave’s hand tightened.

In the early hours of the morning, after several clothes had been replaced and fever reducers administered, and a fight on whether or not the blanket stayed or went, Klaus’s fever finally broke.

Exhausted, Dave ran his fingers through that curly hair as Klaus slept. At least for now his love was safe. Stifling a yawn into his hand, Dave pulled the blanket up around Klaus and then laid down on the floor next to the couch. It was uncomfortable as hell but right now it was the only place he wanted to be.

4 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

“Davey please.” Tears began to well in the corners of Klaus’ weary eyes. “So much…death…” His hot hand clasped tightly onto Dave’s, “They’ll find…me…” Images of the dark claustrophobic mausoleum appeared. Klaus seized in pain, arching his back off the couch. All those disembodied voices crying out to him echoed in his mind.

My heart, my soul... This is amazing Kaze, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, Sooph said:

My heart, my soul... This is amazing Kaze, thank you!

Thank you!!  I adore Klaus and Dave :heart:

Yes more Klaus, req from tumblr for him to have allergies and a migraine

~~~~

Characters:  Klaus

“Klaus?”  Diego said standing in his brother’s bedroom doorway.  The vigilante had not planned on stopping but the odd sight coming from Klaus’ room made him double take.

“Mmm?”  The muffle came from under the pillow which laid over Klaus’ face, the rest of him turned onto his slide.

Diego slowly cocked his head as he walked in.  “What are you doing?”

No reply came though Klaus’ body, what was showing, tensed abruptly.  Just as Diego was about to tear that ridiculous pillow off and ask again, Klaus’ body jerked.

ahh-tssh'GHThew! ahhx’tshhEW! he’NGHT! D’XT!

“Fuck me.” Klaus’ hoarse voice sounded from under.  “Seriously how it….Christ Diego what are you doing?”  He shrieked bringing his coat sleeve up shielding the blinding light from the poorly blinded windows.

“Family meeting, you’re needed and you look stupid.” Diego tossed the pillow before heading to the door.

“Sorry can’t…I….I….“

Klaus’ expression slacked as he held up one of his long fingers.  Mouth agape, his breath hitched one last time. Ehh-tsh’tJWEH! H’ngdt ‘GXT!

He ducked covering the other two into his blanket which he then pulled back over his head, only the loose ends of his curly hair stuck out. 

Sighing, Diego positioned his hands on his hips debating on cutting up the blanket with his knives.  “Seriously stop being dramatic, Five has a plan.”

“Oh sweet brother mine, I’m not be…ee… ehhh’thsSHHhew!! I’m fucking allergic to whatever shit Allison was burning….earlier…HEH’hnnxt! Ow ow that one hurt.”  The blanket curled into a fetal position.  “Fucking head is killing me.”

“Do you want something?” Deigo asked

Klaus’ half closed red rimmed eyes peeked out from under the blanket. A scoff escaped which only triggered another set of harsh sneezes.

Ack’shhhHEW! eh’TCHhhshjuh!

“Right, bad idea.” Diego momentarily forgot his brother was attempting to stay clean.  “So….” He tapped his fingers against his hips looking around the room. “What do you want?”

“Allison to throw whatever shit incense that wassss’TSHEW!”  Klaus’ long thin hands began to massage his forehead.  “And…ice cream maybe?”  He pouted his lips into a smile at his brother who rolled his own eyes.

“Fine, but then downstairs.” Diego said as he headed for the kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...

Characters: Klaus

The bath hadn’t helped.  Normally it was Klaus’ go to when it came to making himself feel better.  The calm cool water washing away all this awful thoughts.  Drowning himself in a realm of listless, weightless, fog where the outside world could not touch him.  Normally it worked.  However this time all he’d left with was his towel, a joint, and his head still pounding.  Stumbling to his room, Klaus did not even remove the towel before flopping onto the bed.  Pulling his blanket up near his face, he felt the water from his hair run down his cheek.  A make shift tear. 

Momentarily everything went fuzzy as another wave of dizziness washed over him.  Groaning, he slowly removed a hand, his shaking fingers massaging his forehead.  The jack hammering in his head barely covered the dull ache growing near his ear.  Maybe he could risk it and take something.  However, that would involve moving and right now his body wanted nothing to do with that.

In the hall he could make out hushed voices.

“What’s with Klaus?” It sounded like Allison.

“Who knows? Who cares? I mean it’s Klaus.”  That gruff voice definitely came from Diego.

Allison replied but Klaus wasn’t able to hear as the strain from concentrating on them led to another hard dizzy spell.  The room spun, Klaus suddenly felt sick to his stomach.  Curling in a ball, he dipped his head under the safety of his blanket.

“Klaus?” He heard Allison enter his room.

“Why are you even bothering?” Diego asked behind her.

“Because he’s our brother.” Allison snapped back at Diego who huffed.  The bed sank a bit as his sister sat near him.  “Klaus what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Never better sis.” Klaus croaked out, his long fingers rubbing just above his eyebrows hoping to bring any sense of relief to his suffering.

“You’re such a liar.” He couldn’t see Ben but as always his sibling spoke the truth. 

Slowly, Klaus felt the blanket leaving his face, the light from the room hurt as he hid his weary eyes from Allison. 

“Oh, you have a fever.”  Her soft hand felt wonderful against his aching head. “Here I’ll go get mom.”  Carefully Allison replaced the covers.

Through clouded vision Klaus watched her leave, Diego still leaned against the door.  “Mom will help you.”  Diego said in the most reassuring voice Klaus had heard lately from his brother.  “She always does.”

With that, Klaus closed his eyes and prayed Diego was correct.

• 1 month later...

Just finished rewatching TUA and then I came across the latest Klaus fic just in time! Love it as always!

• 3 weeks later...

@queenie @Wilde one thank you both!

Ok well I'm head over heels in love with Good Omens. Im not sure how much I'll write but this is a very short drabble featuring the ineffable husbands.

~~~~

Fandom: Good Omens

Character: Crowley 

"Crowley."

The demon slowly arched his head up from the couch. "Yes?"

"Are you feeling well?" Aziraphale set the book down he had been reading.

"'Course I am. Why do you ask?" Crowley immediately sat up grabbing the tea which Aziraphale had made for him.

Aziraphale cocked his head slightly, "Well you're looking rather..." His words trailed off a bit.

Crowley leaned in waiting for his friend to finish the thought, "Rather?"

"Ah, well, by that I mean...peakish. You don't look yourself." Aziraphale rose off his chair, walking over to Crowley.

"Demons don't get sick, angel. I'm fine." Crowley said to the floor as the angel sat down next to him. "Where did this come from?" He finally looked at Aziraphale.

"Your voice sounds rough and well..." He motioned with his hand, "The tea."

Crowley shrugged, "What about it?"

"You don't drink tea."

Crowley's mouth opened as if to argue but no words formed. Hissing he turned away shaking his hand.

"Here let me." Aziraphale smiled while leaning in.  

"What are you doing?" Crowley asked hesitantly as Aziraphale's hand graced his forehead.

"I've seen humans do this." Aziraphale said matter of factly, "it's called..." He looked away briefly as to gather his thoughts.  Ah yes! 'Checking for a fever'."

Crowley raised an eyebrow at his friend. "How would you even know?" All this sounded completely ridiculous to the demon yet he did not pull away from the soft sensation given by the angel.

"You think I wouldn't notice?" Aziraphale sounded almost hurt. "Crowley, honestly sometimes I wonder about you."

Leaning onto his friend, "I'd hoped you wouldn't notice." A sigh escaped as he felt Azriaphale wrap his arm around him. "You're soft."

"I...well..." Aziraphale fidgeted then cleared his throat. "Your assumption is correct." He swore he heard a snicker from the snake before Crowley slept for the first time in years.

!!!!! I first read Good Omens FIFTEEN YEARS AGO and it’s been my favorite book ever since, so the recent boom in fanworks is like feast after famine. This is so tender and I love it. 

• 2 months later...

@queenie thank you!

Another Good Omens short drabble.  Title is courtesy of Diana Wynn Jones

~~~~

Title: In Which The Angel of the Eastern Gate Gets A Cold

Fandom: Good Omens

Character: Aziraphale 

Crowley hadn't seen Aziraphale in a while. Not uncommon as sometimes they went decades, centuries or longer. However, with the almost apocalypse finally over, they had definitely been seeing more of each other.

Crowley had phoned a few times, sadly Aziraphale didn't own an answering machine; it was a miracle he even owned a phone.

A few drives by the Bookshop didn't reveal anything odd. Although Crowley had noticed Aziraphale's makeshift closed sign hanging in the window every time he went by. 

After a week, the demon finally had enough. He craved his angel's soft warm body and the smell of his curly blonde hair.

Snapping his fingers, the doors to the stop opened, Crowley sauntered in. The dim lights illuminate the cluttered shops Every book was in its place, nothing out of sorts. Quiet, almost too quiet. One could hear the dust settling on Aziraphale's desk.

Crowley snaked his neck around the corner of a shelf but his friend was not in sight.  Sighing, he was about to give up when he heard a terrible raspy sounding cough, the kind that bend you over at the waist, erupt from the backroom.

"Aziraphale?" Crowley called cautiously, that wretched sound couldn't have come from his soft angel.

"C-crowley?" A strained voice replied. Aziraphale appeared in front of the him. Dressed in beautiful cream satin pajamas with wings embroidered on the lapels, a tartan scarf wrapped around his neck and a matching handkerchief tucked hand which hovered near his red sniffing nose.

Crowley's glasses slide down his nose as his face reflected the shock still his normally proper friend a disheveled mess. "Angel?" His voice still not portraying the confidence that Aziraphale was truly standing before him.

Aziraphale's tired eyes finally blinked as if he needed a moment to recognize Crowley. "Oh...dear...I-I..."

"Are you alright?" Crowley asked stepping forward, Aziraphale's posture gave the impression he could falter any minute.

"Of course I...I..." Aziraphale turned sneezing into his waiting handkerchief.  "I'm fine, perfectly...fine..." The last part came out as a tired sigh. Aziraphale's weary eyes averted to any place but his friend.

"Right and I'm the Queen of England." Crowley replied as he watched Aziraphale rub his nose. "Why didn't you tell me?"

A quick glance over but the angel kept his gaze down. "Oh I don't know." He said hoarsely while sniffling.  "Didn't wish to bother you..." A dry cough escaped him, he leaned closer into Crowley who automatically had his arm around the poor angel. 

"Angel, you are never a bother." Crowley said taking Aziraphale by the arm.  A few steps in Aziraphale paused as his breath hitched. Crowley felt a tighter grip on his arm as his friend dipped forward catching a hard sneeze into his handkerchief.  

"How long you been like this?" The demon asked as he helped Aziraphale to the plush sofa in the back.  

Letting out a tired sigh, Aziraphale laid his head back. "Oh...uh...few days perhaps? Maybe...well...maybe lon-n-n..." Snapping back up he sneezed exhaustively again. Crowley winced hearing how bad his friend sounded.

"Tea?" He asked, a bit surprised when the angel shook his head.  "Why not?" 

"Well for starters, your tea is rubbish." Aziraphale cracked the first small smile in days. Crowley snorted. "Secondly..." His eyes darted to the side then he gently laid his head on Crowley's shoulder. "This feels like heaven."

Crowley smiled and began running his long fingers through those golden curls that looked a bit flat today.

Within moments the angel of the eastern gate was asleep next to his wily serpent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, Masking said:

Kaze, this is so cute!

Thanks!

Ok 7 Good Omens prompts from tumblr, featuring both sick Aziraphale and sick Crowley depending.

Prompt 1: How do I get this thermometer to work?

"Angel, could you sit still?”

“Crowley, you’re being ridiculous.”

“Says the person with the fever.” Crowley said lowly while his face contorted looking at the digital thermometer he’d found. “How do I get this thermometer to work?” He grumbled while pushing buttons.

Aziraphale grumpily shrugged. “You can work that silly brainy phone but not a thermometer?”

“Smartphone, Angel, smartphone…. oh huh…” Suddenly the thermometer turned on. “Ok here.”

Aziraphale rolled his eyes as Crowley stuck it under his tongue.

Prompt 2: Not that I’m complaining, but are you always this warm?

“For Satan’s sake, why does London have to be so cold?” Crowley muttered as he exited the Bentley. “Hell might not be nice but at least it’s warm.” Reaching the doors of the bookshop, Crowley snapped his fingers.

“Aziraphale.” He called upon entering.

“In here, my dear.” The angel’s voice rang from the back room.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Crowley found Aziraphale at his desk dressed in his normal debonair attire. The lamp light above shined like a halo over the angels bright blonde hair. Crowley nearly forgot about the cold until a full body shiver shook through him.

This caught Aziraphale’s attention. “Are you alright, Crowley?” He asked while removing his glasses.

“Yep. Never better.” Crowley made his way to the decanter, pouring himself a brandy. “Join me in a drink.”

“Ah well…” Aziraphale’s eyes darted for a moment. “Perhaps, but first we must address your shivering. Here.”

Before Crowley could argue, Aziraphale had him by the arm leading him over to the sofa. The angel’s hand felt quite warm.

“Now, sit, I’ll fetch a blanket.” Aziraphale went to turn but felt Crowley’s grip on him.

“I’d rather you warm me angel.” A wily smile formed on his lips. Aziraphale gulped as his face reddened.

“Right. Yes. Rather…” He stammered as he sat next to the demon. It felt lovely, like slipping into a warm bath. It was then Aziraphale realized how cold he had been feeling. His eyes fluttered as he leaned against Crowley’s shoulder.

“Not that I’m complaining, but are you always this warm?” Crowley asked.

“Hmm? What my dear?” Aziraphale felt a hand on his face.

“Nevermind angel, just rest.”

Prompt 3: I never would have asked you to go if I knew you were sick.

*1973 London*

“Well that was fun.” Crowley declares happily though he pauses to cough into his sleeve.

Aziraphale casts a worried gaze his way as the two exit the West End Theater. “Yes, thrilling.”

“You didnt enjoy it?”

“Oh no no, I did really. The main character was ever so talented.” Aziraphale rubs his hands together nervously as Crowley coughs again. “I never would have asked you to go if I knew you were sick.”

Crowley waves him off, "T’s nothing, angel.” His voice cracks slightly. “Care to Time Warp again with me?”

Aziraphale scoffs, “You know the only dancing I fancy is the gavotte.” He frowns, still upset that it’s out of style.

Crowley laughs which quickly turns into another harsh cough.

“Let’s go back to the bookshop, I’ll make tea.”

Prompt 4: I thought I heard a sneeze.

“What about this one?” Crowley held up a beautiful leafy green fern. “Aren’t you a looker?”

Aziraphale gave a weary shrug. “Oh I don’t know. You’re the botanist.” He said sniffling hard.

Crowley set the plant down. “Angel, are you sure you’re up to this?” His voice low.

Even with his glasses on, Aziraphale could feel those snake eyes evaluating his condition. “Yes, tip top, absolutely…”

“Do not say tickety-boo…” Crowley hissed. Aziraphale snapped his mouth shut.

They continued to browse the garden aisles for plants. Finally after a good amount of sniffling, the cold Aziraphale had been denying he had reared its head. Inhaling sharply the angel barely got his handkerchief out muffling a hard sneeze.

“Aziraphale?”

“I’m fine, dear.” He replied quickly pocketing the cloth.

“I thought I heard a sneeze.” Crowley replied not turning around as he eyed a luscious alocasia.

“No, no simply….um…well…” Sadly, Aziraphale couldn’t continue as his breath hitched again. This time the harsh sneeze wasn’t as easily contained.

He looked up meeting the reflective lenses of his demon.

“I, well, you see…” The flushed angel stammered.

“Aziraphale.” Crowley held the last syllable.

“Right.” Aziraphale sighed, his eyes darted to Crowley and then away. “Lead on. And don’t yell at this one.” His hand now clutching his handkerchief montioned to the plant.

“As long as it grows better.”

Prompt 5: Bless you! That was a good one.

"Angel?” Crowley rasped. Turning his head which ached toward the blanket covered lump next to him. “You wake?”

“Well I am now, my dear.” Aziraphale rolled over. His eyes glassy and red which matched his nose. “Did you ne…eed… some…” His head dipped down as Aziraphale half concealed an exhausted sneeze into the blanket.

“Bless you! That was a good one.” Crowley croaked leaning. "Ugh can’t believe I said that first part.” Crowley lapped his tongue as if he trying to get the bitter taste from his mouth.

“Yes, quite.” Aziraphale replied turning toward Crowley. “Let’s go back to sleep.”

Crowley simply nodded.

Prompt 6: I really don’t like the sound of that.

Crowley leaned back in his chair, arms folded across his black shirt, as he watched the TV. True, he had not been fond of Shakespeare’s original rendition of Hamlet but Kenneth Branaugh’s version might sway his opinion. A smile flickered on his lips as he remembered how happy the angel had been with his little demonic miracle. The two had caught a performance after Aziraphale had returned from Edinburgh.

According to the message he had left on the answering machine a week ago, that’s where Aziraphale was. He hadn’t stated why but assured Crowley he’d ring him when returning.

As if the Almighty had noticed his thoughts, the phone rang.

Hi, this is Anthony Crowley. You know what to do, do it with style.

“Hello, C-crowley. It’s…me.”

Crowley’s head jerked hearing barely a whisper sound through the machine. Immediately the receiver was in his hand.

“Aziraphale?” Trying to keep the concern out of his voice proved harder than normal. “Where are you?” Perhaps the angel was on a bad connection.

“My…bookshop, silly.” Aziraphale’s fragile voice broke. “Where el…” Crowley heard movement followed by a moment of silence. As his lips parted to speak he heard a deep wheezing cough erupt. Crowley’s hand instinctively tightened on the phone.

“Angel?”

“Right…yes, I’m…” Aziraphale cleared his throat. The force alone sounded as it hurt. “I’m here.”

“Stay where you are, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Crowley said quickly grabbing his cell phone.

“My dear boy, I…” Another nasty deep cough cut Aziraphale short.

“I really don’t like the sound of that, angel. Be right there.” Not giving his friend a chance to argue Crowley slammed the phone down and hightailed it to the Bentley.

Prompt 7: Would you stop it? I know you’re faking it.

“Annnngeeelllllllllllllll!“

Aziraphale grunted as his fingers massaged his temples. The long draw of his endearment tern rang again down the halls of Crowley’s flat.

“Just a second.” He called back. Originally he had been concerned when Crowley rang him saying it was important but as it turned out, Aziraphale had the suspiscion the sneaky snake had only feigned illness to get his friend to tidy the flat. Not that it was awful, unlike himself, Crowley didn’t own enough worldly possession to constitute a “mess”. Still though the angel found himself picking up loose things and finding their homes. Crowley specifically told him not to water the plants.

Though he hadn’t Aziraphale did tell them all they looked exceptionally green to which a few leaves raised.

“Anngeelllllllllllll”

Huffing, Aziraphale had enough. Straightening his jacket and waistcoat he marched into Crowley’s bed room. “Really now. Would you stop it? I know you’re faking it.” He said crossly.

Crowley, who was laying on the bed one leg crossed over the other, smirked, “Oh really, am I?”

“If you wanted assistance cleaning, you simply could have asked.” Aziraphale felt a bit upset that he’d been taken advantage off.

Crowley pouted, then patted the bed next to him. “How about I make it up to you?”

Aziraphale blushed.

Archived