Sneeze Fetish Forum

sexuality? gender? questions answered! ask here!

•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•

I agree this is not the thread for homophobic messages and that was not my intention and I know they're not true but it's a way for me to bring attention that even if you are lgbtq you can be extremely phobic or it can be extremely phobic just because you are part of something that Society deems odd does it mean that we as people in the community are immune to our own ideas and hatred and toxicity that could and still does resonate in what we should deem as safe I agree that the term hermaphrodite is a slur and I think you for educating me because I've heard a million things from a million people and it's not just this is white guy in the parking lot on Jersey Street or the old lady in the cash register it's from the actual Community from other people in the community and it just kind of boggles my mind that it happens you know

you're welcome.

yes, there is a lot of hate out there, and even within the lgbtq community. 

the purpose of this thread is actually to answer questions about sexuality and gender though, and not to talk about prejudice and bigotry.

if you want to, you could create your own thread to talk about those things, but i'd rather not have this thread derailed. thank you. ♡

As it's been mentioned before, I have  question about pronouns. In French, we have 2 pronouns (il / elle = he / she), but "they" isn't used except to talk about several people. I have a collegue who doesn't want to be called "Mrs" or "Mr", but only by their first name. I do not know much about their personal life, and I really don't know what pronoun I shall use to talk about them (in English, I'd use "they", but in French, it's a bit more complicated). My question is: in your opinion, is it rude to ask them what pronoun I should use, or if there is another way I could call them accordingly to their preferences? Sorry if my question sounds a bit stupid or naive...

My second question is more about English vocabulary:

On 6/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

"hermaphrodite" is a slur.

Really?!? In French, it's not and I'm sure I used it some day when talking with someone on the forum, and I'm really sorry if I offended them. It wasn't my intention!

29 minutes ago, Aliena H. said:

in your opinion, is it rude to ask them what pronoun I should use, 

In my opinion, it’s not rude to ask. I’m sure the person would appreciate you asking. It’s better for them to tell you than for you to guess and possibly offend them. I know in other languages that only use two pronouns, people created a new word to describe themselves so that might have happened in this case as well. 

30 minutes ago, Aliena H. said:

Really?!?

At one point, it was common to use the word in America, but the intersex community considers the term a slur so that’s the best reason not to use it. 

• 11 months later...

Heyyy everybody! even though time has ceased to hold meaning this year it's PRIDE MONTH again so i'm bringing this thread back! Happy pride!! 🌈

OH SHIT! It's that time again already?! Happy PRIDE ya'll! 

Pink Crying Sticker by AnimatedText for iOS & Android | GIPHY

I'm happy to see so many enthusiastic about pride month! Just a reminder that this thread is for answering questions about lgbt issues and spreading awareness in the community! 😄💕🌈

Okay, I hate that this is a thing, because it hurts me and has really damaged my sense of self, but...has anyone else had their sexuality change after a hormonal change? Surgery, synthetic hormones, menopause, etc? I think I’d feel better if I knew I wasn’t alone.

Also, I forgot to say: thank you, @•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•, for organizing/running this. I think it’s a very sweet and important thing to do for the community.

Edited by MyOwnPrivateSFC
20 hours ago, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

Okay, I hate that this is a thing, because it hurts me and has really damaged my sense of self, but...has anyone else had their sexuality change after a hormonal change? Surgery, synthetic hormones, menopause, etc? I think I’d feel better if I knew I wasn’t alone.

Also, I forgot to say: thank you, @•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•, for organizing/running this. I think it’s a very sweet and important thing to do for the community.

I'm sure you aren't the only one! Hormones change a lot about a person, so if you're experiencing your sexuality differently and find a new identity that fits you better now that's totally valid! Sexuality can be super fluid even without major hormonal changes, so if the identity you have now is the one that you feel fits you best now, that's fine and it doesn't matter if the cause is hormonal or social or psychological or just something you figured out recently-- and it doesn't invalidate what it was you identified as before! that was who you were then, and this is who you are now. This is totally normal no matter the reason and you're 100% okay ❤️ 

and also ty so much!! <333 i'm happy to provide a safe place for people to get answers from the LGBT community to important questions that they might be too uncomfortable or even embarassed to ask in other environments. :hug: