Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cherik (X-Men Charles/Erik)

RemedyBane

Title: Underestimation and Overestimation
Setting: Set in the middle of First Class when they are getting the hang of things, recruiting mutants and learning to control Cerebro.
Info: Charles is getting a bit overwhelmed with Cerebro and running himself rampant, paying more attention to his students than himself. 
Warning: Blood (nosebleeds)/ dizziness/ Vomit
signs: the "-" is for when Charles is in someone's head or their internal thoughts in general.   IE: -hello-

For the Past few weeks, Hank has been working nonstop on ways to enhance Cerebro, which of course, sparked Charles' interest and the two were throwing ideas and testing all day and night. Erik thought it was adorable at first, but after day four, he started to get concerned for Charles' health. If Charles was just working with Cerebro, then he wouldn't be half as concerned seeing as Hank was a doctor and kept records of Charles' brain waves, but the fact that he was also helping everyone out with their powers and figuring out new ways to test them, was too much for one person to do. He held his tongue, possibly for too long, but after what happened last night, he couldn't be silent any longer.

Last Night:

The night went on rather normally. The children were off to bed or doing something quiet in their own rooms. Erik had tempted Charles to a game of chess while offering a cup of tea in the library. Charles seemed less focused than normal, but every time Erik tried to ask if he was feeling alright, or if they should postpone the game for another time, Charles just waved him off and gave him a smile, pretending that everything was alright. Not wanting to argue, especially because Charles just looked tired, and fighting with a telepath never went his way; the man knew what he'd say before he said it and always had a better answer, he dropped it. His worries died down for all of ten minutes until Charles, assumingely not paying attention, moved a rook like a bishop (diagonal instead of to the side or up and down). 

Erik raised a brow and studied the look on Charles' face, "Charles?" he leaned forward slightly, this wasn't the kind of mistake Charles would make.

Charles started a bit at the use of his name, as they had been silent or a while, "yes?" he livened up and noticed Erik glance down at the board. Confused, he looked back down and realized his mistake, as his piece couldn't have possibly made it there without a lapse in judgement, "ah," he shook his head and fixed the piece, "forgive me, my mind was elsewhere."

"Elsewhere is not the problem," Erik waved his hand and the board moved out of his grasp, "I have seen you play with your mind in someone else's head, this is not that."

"Erik," he sighed and looked into his eyes, "it was a silly mistake, i'm fine."

Erik noticed his usually bright blue eyes, were dull and the whites were red, "you are exhausted, you need rest." he got up from his chair and knelt in front of him. 

"perhaps you are right," he reached a hand out and gently cupped his cheek, "I make a terrible opponent like this," he gave a soft smile and let his thumb rub across his cheek.

Erik got lost in the feeling and found himself leaning into the touch, forgetting he had a point to make. Charles was just so...he snapped out of it and stood up, "Bed, now" he helped Charles up and put a hand on his hip as if to steady him, thinking he might be too tired to walk. 

"I think I can make it," a small smile appeared on his face once more, eyes fond as he placed a kiss on Erik's cheek, "I shall see you in the morning? Good night, Erik."

Erik felt his heart swell when he kissed him and looked down at their feet as a blush ran across his face. God, Charles made him weak, "good night, Charles." He watched the man walk out of the room, and took a moment to get a hold of himself, less any sleepless children see him in this state, before going to bed himself.

Present:

Erik had decided to wake up early and, if Charles hadn't woken up yet, bring him some tea in bed. It wasn't an odd scene, Erik walking in with a floating tray to Charles' bedside. It did happen more often when Charles was unwell or in pain, but every so often, he just did it for no reason. Well, he says it's because he couldn't sleep, but Charles, and the rest of the house, know otherwise. When Erik got to the kitchen, he was surprised to see Charles in a chair by the island, nursing a cup of tea. 

"Morning," he tried, brows furrowed in confusion and concern. 

"Oh, don't give me that Erik," Charles looked over at him, "is it really so odd that i'm awake before you?"

"Considering your state last night, I had hoped you would be a late riser," he walked over and kissed his forehead.

Charles accidentally read his mind, "Erik," he leaned into him, "i'm sorry, I ruined your plans."

Erik huffed, "Always tomorrow," he wrapped his arms around him from behind and buried his face in his air. 

"I'd like that," his hands found Erik's and his eyes closed. His vision had begun to swim a few minutes before Erik arrived, and this was a wonderful excuse to close his eyes for a moment, "how did you sleep?"

"no nightmares," he nuzzled him lightly, "but you knew that, didn't you."

"if you're suggesting I was poking around in your dreams last night, I can assure you, I did no such thing," he felt Erik smile, "I figured you would be quite cross if I didn't give myself a good night's sleep."

"I'd be furious and carry you back to bed." he paused and moved to kiss his temple, stealthily checking for fever, "Might have used Handcuffs to make sure you stayed put."

Charles pursed his lips and raised an eyebrow at him, facing him now, "that wouldn't be necessary."

"Uhuh," Erik didn't believe him. 

Charles would have argued the point, taking Erik's bait, but the room suddenly spun and he found himself grabbing onto Erik's arm for support. He could vaguely hear Erik's concerned tone, probably saying his name or asking what was wrong, but the words sounded far away. His voice was weak, but also slightly thick, "Erik, I-" he closed his mouth and put the back of his hand to his mouth. He could feel his nose start to run and had a bad feeling it wasn't his allergies, "i'm sorry..." he quickly got out of his grasp and quickly walked out of the kitchen, hand against the wall. 

Erik was too shocked to move at first, not sure what was best for Charles. Should he follow him? Call for Hank? Feeling that Charles would make a fuss if he followed, he just sat down on the chair Charles was just occupying and rubbed his forehead. 

Charles made it to the nearest bathroom and grabbed onto the sink. in the mirror he could see blood run down from his nose to his upper lip. The reflection was foggy and the mirror seemed to tilt. His throat felt thick and like there was a rock stuck, "oh-" he fell to his knees and tried to regain some semblance of balance to throw up in the toilet. It stung his throat and left an awful taste in his mouth, but once it was out, he felt a little better. With his eyes readjusting, he could see some red in the toilet and gently touched his nose, "bugger..." He grabbed a few bits of tissue and wiped his nose before putting it in the toilet and flushing. The sink felt a million miles away, but he grabbing the counter and slowly pulled himself up, grateful that he seemed to keep the world stable, for now. With his head returning to normal, he felt a bit of panic and guilt rise in his chest, making it feel tight, "Erik," he had left Erik in the kitchen with a rude and hasty exit, -I am so sorry.-

Erik almost dropped the tea cup when he heard Charles in his head. He tried to stop the worry from reaching the for-front of his mind, less Charles know, -what happened? was it a student?-

Charles sighed and rubbed his forehead, -no, nothing of the sort, I believe they are all still sleeping.- There was a dull ache in his head and it was making him feel unsteady on his feet, -I think you were right.-

Erik knew what he was referring to, but wanted him to admit it, -About?-

Charles tried not to sigh telepathically as well as physically, -You were right. I'm not well.- 

Erik thought it was safe to walk to the bathroom door, -can I come in?-

He shivered as he felt Erik's mind so close, -if you must..-

There was hesitation, and Erik could feel the disgust, -you're sick, Charles.- He opened the door and walked up to him, just in time to catch him as he seemed to sway, "Charles.."

The world was starting to go fuzzy and he realized he didn't want to fight it anymore. The warmth in back could only be Erik. Erik was warm, Erik would protect him. It was ok, sleep. 

Erik picked him up, bridal style, when he went limp in his arms, "What have you done to yourself, Charles." He was all about self sacrifice for the cause, or at least, he was. In his shoes, he knew he would be doing the exact same thing Charles was doing, and that scared him. He didn't want Charles to hurt himself; he didn't want Charles to die. In his fear and panic he opened the door and reached out to the metal of he house and used the base of Hank's own bed to wake him up. 

Hank felt something hard hit him in the side, making him land, hard, on the ground. muffling a grown into the carpet he opened his eyes and sat up, growling. That was it, he was going to rip out Erik's throat. He angrily walked down the hall, only to stop dead in his tracks when he saw an unconscious Charles in Erik's arms, "Get him to the lab, now." He ran through the doors and started to get the med table ready, "I knew something like this would happen."

"you knew?" Anger was rising in Erik, but he held it back as he gently laid Charles on the exam table, "you didn't stop him?" he spoke through his teeth, trying not to yell at Hank, as it would only upset Charles.

"you have been trying to stop him all week," he started to put things on Charles so he could read his levels, "If he didn't listen to you, he wasn't going to listen to me."

Erik let it go, finding it sound enough, but he was still pissed; when was he not. Charles looked so pale, and.... was that blood? He looked at Hank, "he's bleeding."

"I know," Hank grabbed a box of tissues and gently wiped the blood away, "he's over extended himself. He needs to rest."

Erik sat down in a chair and just watched Charles. Hank thought it was odd, not seeing Erik as the kind of man to stick around, but didn't say anything, not wanting to get into a fight. He looked back on the screen and sighed, "he has a fever, i'm going to give him an IV-" when he turned around there was an IV right in front of him, making him jump a bit, then looked over at Erik, "thanks," it was awkward, but he meant it. He didn't look long enough to see Erik nod, and skillfully inserted the needle into Charles' arm. 

When Hank finished he looked back at Erik, finding the seat empty and hearing the man open the door to the lab, -figures-. With a shake of his head, he went back to recording Charles' numbers, making sure to write it all down so he could compare later.

Erik came back, making sure to calmly close the door, less he wake up Charles. 

Hank heard the door and glanced up, noticing something dripping on his floor. He was too curious and confused to be upset, and watched as Erik walked back over.

Erik noticed Hank looking and was finally aware of the mess he was making, -shit-. He went over to the sink and wrung out the cloth before walking back over and placing it on Charles' forehead.

Hank nodded, actually thinking that was a good idea, and trying not to think about how sweet that was. Erik wasn't sweet. He must have read it somewhere or something... doubtful he'd learned it from Hank, that would mean listening to him.

Charles started to come to, only managing a slight wrinkle in his brow as he couldn't understand why he felt so wet and dizzy, "hnmhmm?" 

Erik was with him in an instant, having sat back down, and was waiting on baited breathe for.... anything really. -Damn it Charles, take better care of yourself, you could have had an aneurysm.- Erik had tried to keep his thoughts to himself, but he was starting to really freak out about this. Was this normal? it couldn't be.

"I had..an aneurysm?" Charles whispered weakly, eyes still closed, but brow knit in confusion, trying to piece everything together and focus on Erik's voice. Was it his speaking voice? or his head voice? He couldn't be sure, but he liked it.

"No, no aneurysm." Hank glared at Erik, -would you stop scaring him with your non existent medical degree?!- 

Charles heard Hank, twice, and winced, "I forget you thinking... which one of us... is the-" he slurred a bit, obviously struggling to speak, or think for that matter, "psychotic.." 

Erik and Hank shared a nervous look, which Charles seemed to sense.

"no... thats-not right.." he weakly put a hand on Erik's shirt, eyes opening in slits, vaguely seeing Erik's form, "Is it?"

"shh..." Erik took his hand, then put the other on his cheek, "rest, Schatz," his thumb moved across his cheek, "it's alright."

Charles let his head rest against Erik's hand as he fell back asleep.

Hank watched the two of them, and it felt weird seeing Erik all touchy. Erik wasn't that kind of guy, and he was pretty sure hated being touched. But, this wasn't about Erik, and he knows that. Erik's doing it for Charles. Hank almost gained some respect for the man. Charles once told them that when he got overwhelmed, it was nice to have someone he trusted, loved, near to help balance his mind. Hank had always put a hand on his shoulder in crowds, hoping the touch would help strengthen the bond; maybe that's what Erik was doing now.

Erik noticed Charles' arms tense up lightly, and he used his powers to make metal tongs grab a thick blanket and float it over. instead of using the metal, he took the blanket and tucked it around Charles.

Hank was shocked, eyes slightly wide, but brows furrowed lightly in confusion; something he noticed he seemed to do a lot today.

Misunderstanding the look, Erik rolled his eyes, "he get's cold easily, especially when he has a headache."

Hank knew that, but didn't say anything; letting Erik have his win, "there isn't anything else we can do here. I think it's best he rest in his own bed."

"i'll move him," Erik's eyes never left Charles. With Hank's ok, Erik wheeled Charles carefully through the hall and into his bedroom, gracefully picking up his body and tucking him back into bed; all while keeping the IV in place. The table wheeled itself back to the lab, as Erik never left Charles' bedside all day, and well into the night. Only leaving then when Charles woke and weakly asked for some water. Erik had come back with a cup of tea and water.

Maybe Hank didn't give him enough credit. For when it comes to Charles, Erik will stop at nothing to be by his side.

Title: Stay

Setting: After DOFP? or later? there are references to DOFP, so literally anytime after that movie works. 

Info: Erik makes an unannounced visit only to find an empty office.

Erik opened the window to Charles' study and floated in, landing in the middle of the room, turning to face the desk, expecting to see Charles burning the late night oil. When he didn't see him, he took off his helmet and closed the window. The desk was clean, only a few books stacked in a corner with a few papers, and a cup of pens; otherwise looking as if it had not been in use today. The couch was empty and lacked an imprint or heat, and there were no wheel tracks in the carpet. Where could Charles be? He had good intel that Charles was still home, and the x-men were not on mission. With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and reached out, hoping to feel the familiar touch of Charles' mind in his; but nothing. Now, standing in the office, he felt unwelcome and.. lost. He'd always been able to feel Charles, if not poking around in his head then just a general warm feeling in his chest. This office didn't feel like Charles. It felt empty, and that made his heart sink into his stomach. Charles loved to sit in his study and read or play a late night game of chess with Hank...or him. -Where are you Charles?- He put the helmet on a bookshelf, mostly hidden so if anyone, Beast, were to come in, they wouldn't notice it, before walking out of the study and heading towards Charles' room. Perhaps he taking an early night, or was in the lab with Hank. There was no need to worry. He stopped just outside when he heard some coughing come from inside. He wanted to walk in and see if he was alright, but the voice of Hank stopped him cold.

"You're fever is higher than earlier," there was a small sound of something clinking against wood, possibly a thermometer being put down, "take this, it will help it break, and this-" another clinking sound, "-it should help with the cough."

"Thank you, Hank,"  Charles' voice was slightly off, possibly brought on by the coughing Erik recently heard, "I just need some rest." 

"i'm covering your classes tomorrow," Hank must have picked something up as there was a bunch of small clattering sounds, "we have everything covered. Stay in bed, and I'll check on you in the morning for another dose. Try to sleep, and-" Hank hesitated, "try to ignore everyone's thoughts. They only make your fever worse, when you're sick."

"I'm well aware," it wasn't irritated, but sounded like he was agreeing with him, "I-" Charles seemed to pause and Erik could feel the slight presence in his head, but it only lasted a moment.

"Charles?"

"I'm sorry, Hank." Charles cleared his throat, "i'm tired, I think i'm going to try to get some sleep."

"of course," Hank was walking towards the door and Erik quickly ducked into the next room, which thankfully was empty, "good night, professor. feel better." 

Erik leaned his forehead against the wall, waiting for Hank to leave. 

-It is safe for you to enter, Erik- Charles entered Erik's head.

Erik was glad for the familiar voice, soothing his anxiety, -i'm coming.- He walked out and gently opened the door, closing it behind him, "you're sick?"

"do I look that dreadful?" Charles knew he heard Hank and him talk, but he didn't want Erik to think he was inside his head long.

"never," Erik slowly made his way to the bed and shook his head when Charles seemed to move away, "i'm not afraid of getting sick, Charles." He sat down on the bed and put a hand on his forehead, "or is there another reason you're turning away from me?" he cocked his head and let his hand hover an inch away from Charles' forehead, wanting Charles to decide if he wanted to be touched by him.

"I am not afraid of you, Erik," he coughed into his arm before moving to let Erik touch his forehead, "never have been, and never will be." 

"you're burning up," Erik frowned and moved his hand to cup his cheek. His thoughts must have betrayed him, for Charles gave him a sympathetic look.

"there is nothing to fret about," Charles put a hand on his thigh, "it's just a cold. Caught it from one of my students and i'm trying to not spread it further." Charles shook his head, having heard Erik's thoughts again, "it's not a head cold and that was one time, Erik."

"get out of my head, Charles," Erik was trying not to look amused, "I wouldn't mind a second time, but not in a school full of young, impressionable, mutants."

"Erik..!" Charles whispered yelled, only resulting in more coughing, "what are you doing here?"

"doesn't matter now," he grabbed the water from the nightstand and handed it to Charles, urging him to drink, "I want to help you feel better."

"if Hank finds you-"

"he won't." Erik took off his shoes and sat next to Charles, putting an arm around his shoulders and letting the telepath cuddle into his chest, "how terrible do you really feel?"

"i'm not miserable, just a tad uncomfortable," he rubbed a finger under his nose, "oh.. could you-" 

Erik passed him some tissues and rubbed his side as he noticed Charles' eyes start to water.

"hih-isch'iew..hih-ehh'schiiew," Charles wiggled his nose lightly to try to coax the last bit out, "hegh'hxiiew!"

Erik couldn't help the amused pout as the little sneeze erupted from Charles, "adorable." 

Charles half glared at him before blowing his nose, "you're enjoying this too much."

"i'm not allowed to enjoy your company?" Erik raised a brow, too smug for his own good.

"you know exactly what i'm talking about," he wiped his nose and kept the tissues in his hand. Erik had the decency to look slightly embarrassed and even attempted to move away, but Charles pulled him back in, "I'm sorry," he felt Erik slowly relax back around him, "it really does make me feel more comfortable about this." 

"being sick around me?" Erik rubbed Charles back lightly.

"Yes," he sighed, "anyone else would be disgusted." 

"not Hank."

"he's more fascinated, yes," there was a slight catch in his voice, "you did say I make an adorable lab rat."

"and I meant it," Erik kissed his head, "what are you not saying?"

Charles let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding, "knowing that this.. that you are not disgusted by this unsightly display," Charles gestured to himself, "I don't know how to say this."

Erik put his forehead to Charles' temple, "then show me."

Charles closed his eyes and let the relief flow into Erik. The anxiety he was feeling about his students knowing he was unwell, and feeling the sympathy and concern mixed with hesitance and avoidance. Images of his mother locking him in a room, only to have servants leave bottles and trays with things to cure him, "I am so used to being shunned for my weakness, I am relieved but anxious to find someone who wants to stay." 

"why are you anxious?" 

Charles turned his face away, "I'm fevered Erik, take my words lightly."

"you are the most articulate man I have ever known," he kissed his shoulder and held him tighter, "every word has meaning. You do not say what you do not mean, Charles." Erik froze when he felt a drop of water hit his hand. Did he say something wrong? why was Charles crying? "Charles..?" 

"no," Charles wiped his eyes, "you haven't said anything wrong," he coughed lightly, "I'm alright." 

Feeling like he wasn't going to get anywhere with Charles physically, he closed his eyes and reached for the bond, and he could faintly hear Charles in his head.

-I keep waiting for the moment you go, and never return.-

Erik felt a lump in his throat and when he tried to speak, words wouldn't come. He had left, time and time again, leaving Charles because he thought that's what Charles would really want. He feared staying and ruining what Charles had worked so hard to build. -I am so sorry.-

Charles blinked and slowly turned his head to glance at Erik, "what?"

"I abandoned you," He remembered the words from the plane, the fight, "I took her, and abandoned you." he could see the tears in Charles' eyes, "but you take me back, every-time." 

"she's back-" 

"I know," Erik turned Charles' face and wiped the tears that fell to his cheeks, "I should have stayed," he set his jaw, determined not to cry, "Cuba, I should have stayed with you. Helped you heal." He knew Charles was disappointed, "your are upset with me because I kept leaving. You needed me, you needed us, and I took that away from you when you were at your lowest."

Charles felt more tears sting his eyes. It felt like a whole in his chest, Erik leaving, and a small spark of hope for every time he returned.

"you are never weak, Charles. You are the strongest man I have ever met, and I never doubted that for a second." Erik let a tear fall, "I was so blind. I thought I would only bring you pain and misery, but I did that anyway." he kissed Charles' forehead.

"stay the night?" Charles put a hand on his chest and rested against him fully, head on his chest, "stay this time?" 

Erik laid down on the mattress and helped situate Charles so he could rest back against his chest, "I would love to." He used his powers to turn off the light and made sure Charles' was tucked in, "Charles?" 

"hm?" 

"your fever is lower." 

Charles hummed and closed his eyes, "for the first time in a while, my mind is calm." 

Erik smiled and closed his eyes as Charles shared his mind with him. Happy memories from their past, "I am glad of it."

Yes! I love the tenderness here, and I love driven Charles needing to be forced to have a break. 

• 2 weeks later...

@queenie thank you! workaholic is Charles' middle name. :P 

So, I've been in a strange mood... kinda hating Erik and wanted to punch him.. so this one is kind of sad and odd. my friend and I have been talking about how Cherik is kinda an abusive relationship? so this is kinda the baby of that conversation. There's no violence, just really sad Charles and Erik playing with his emotions. I'll probably make something happier later.

Title: Don't Give Me Hope

It had been coming on for days, a small tickle in the back of his throat, the occasional sneeze that he just brushed off as allergies, but today he had woken up with the muddy feeling in his head and he knew his cold had really set in. The other teachers had been so kind in taking over his classes, urging him to get some sleep and Hank trying to find a medicine that worked without meddling with his powers, but all had failed. Thankfully the cough medicine had not had any sour effects, and his cough hadn’t become anything more than dry and itchy. After hours of tossing and turning, he retreated to his study to at least try to read. 

No one, student or teacher, disturbed him, except Hank, who came in for another dose of medicine and to start the fire.

“You’re already sick. I don’t want this to turn into pneumonia.” 

“Thank you, Hank.” He gave a grateful smile and sighed when Hank put a hand on his forehead, “is it worse?”

“I’d give you something for it but-“

“I don’t want to put the children In danger. I can’t lose control.”

“I know,” Hank sighed, “all I can do is get you some more tea?”

“That would be lovely, thank you.”

Hank nodded and left again.

Charles pulled out a few tissues and put them against his nose to blow, thankfully getting the tickle out. He never liked sneezing or coughing, just any sign of being ill or weak. His mother would throw fits or push him away and her friends would sneer. It was always such a fuss, which unfortunately stuck with him, even decades past her death. Some habits were just hard to kick, but there was a time, long ago, where it almost broke. But he didn’t want to think about it, it was too painful. He was never coming back. He shivered and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around his shoulders as he sunk further in the chair, “-Huh’Txiew!” He sneezed suddenly, barely catching it in his arm. 

The door slightly opened, but he couldn’t hear the sound of the china, “Hank?”

“No,” 

The sound of the familiar voice made tears form in Charles’ eyes and he quickly wiped them away.

“But he did hand me tea for you.”

“This isn’t f’funny, Raven.” 

The sound of his voice made Erik stop, hearing the disbelief, anger, and…what was that.. sorrow? No, he’s sick. The catch in his voice was probably because he needed to sneeze again. Charles’ was never finished with one. He could hear the sneeze just as he turned the doorknob and it made him shiver. It was so dainty. Did he just call him Raven-ohhh, “Charles-“

Charles didn’t let him finish, “please Raven, my mind is muddled, and you know I can’t read your mind, but please don’t insult me.” 

“I”m not-“

“You are. “ Charles coughed lightly, “He’s not coming back, I know that.”

“Charles-“

“Raven… I can’t-“ his voice caught again, this time holding back a sob, “I know what you’re trying to do, and I know it’s from a place of love..”

“Turn around, professor.” Erik moved the tea so it was hovering infant of his face, “last time I checked, Raven couldn’t do that.”

Charles clamped a hand over his mouth and stifled a sob, trying to pull himself together.

“Charles?” Erik kept walking towards him. He’d never seen Charles cry, at least not like this. He must be sicker than he thought. He put a hand on his forehead and took it back when Charles recoiled as if his hand burned, “I-?”

“Why are you here?” Charles wasn’t meeting his eyes, face turned, body shaking.

“You’re freezing,” 

“You’re not answering my question,” Charles pulled the blanket tighter around him and took a few tissues to clean himself up and blow his nose.

“Raven called me.”

“And why would she do that?” Charles threw the tissues away.

Erik knelt down and put a hand on his leg, “because you’re sick,” he moved closer wanting to see his face, “and you won’t let anyone help you.”

“Why do you care?”

Erik shouldn’t have been surprised by that question. He hasn’t been here, he hasn’t called, written, visited, “I don’t want you to suffer.”

“it’s a cold, Erik, I”m not suffering.” He sighed and finally looked at him, first looking up then looking shocked when he’d noticed he had knelt, “when did you-?” He looked down at the hand on his leg and huffed, “ you know I can’t feel that..”

“You wouldn’t let me touch you where you could.”

Charles opened his mouth to speak but the tickle he’s been fighting came back, “hesz’schiew!” He buried his face in his elbow and twisted away from Erik. He might be upset, but he wasn’t going to spread his germs, “hih’esh’xchiew! Hih..” He sniffed a bit, trying to get the sneeze to come, “hhh’eehh..ih’schiew!-ehschiew!-tisch’ieew!” 

“Gesundheit,” Erik handed him some tissues, “I’m not asking for forgiveness,” he stood back up and placed the hand on his forehead, “let me take care of you, Charles.” 

“I can take care of myself, Erik. Don’t trouble yourself,” he sniffed into the tissues and wiped his nose, which was starting to twitch again.

“I like taking care of you,” his voice dropped deeper and it was almost like a purr. 

Charles couldn’t help but let his eyes closed as he heard Erik’s voice run through his head; god he wanted Erik. Without trying too, his mind wandered into Erik’s and he could feel the genuine concern and need to take care of him. 

Erik instantly felt Charles in his head and smiled, purposefully focusing on memories from their past, the many times he’d taken care of Charles, -you always did get sick so easily.-

“Benefits of homeschooling, I’m afraid,” he sniffed, “No immune system.”

“So I’ve noticed,” he moved behind Charles and gently put his fingers to Charles’ temple, feeling the heat from the fever and the sudden shiver, -was that the fever, or did you miss this too?-

“Both?” Charles’ wasn’t entirely sure if Erik was speaking or thinking at him anymore, “I’m sorry, I’m invading-“

“No, Charles,” he bent down and kissed the top of his head, “I’m letting you in… no helmet... no suit... just me, my mind, and you.” He slowly began to massage his temples, “now, how about tea in bed?”

“You really want to do this?” Charles’ insecurity was coming back, but he had a good reason.

“Yes,” he hummed.

Charles wasn’t entirely in control of where he looked in Erik mind and ended up sort of falling into different parts. The one he drifted to seemed to be a part of Erik only he was able to see. This kind and loving man, the optimist that wanted, but would never come out. The little part of him that his heart truly owned, -I miss you- words echoed around his head, feelings of embraces and soft kisses shared, memories of wine and German chocolate, “Erik..”

“Where are you, Charles?” He could feel him in his head, but it was different. It felt more like when Charles was digging, but deeper.

“May 1962,” Charles relaxed against the chair, “you stayed… all night..” 

Erik furrowed his brow, wondering where Charles was going with this.

“You asked if you could stay.. and we didn’t leave the bed until late afternoon the next day,” 

“I remember,” Erik sat down on the arm of the chair and helped Charles to lean into him, “you were having a rough time the night before, and I didn’t want to leave your side until you were better.”

“I couldn’t sleep,” Charles nodded, “my mind was elsewhere and while my body got to rest, my mind did not,” he coughed lightly and cuddled into Erik, “you laid beside me until I started to lose myself, responding to other people’s nightmares and dreams, forgetting who I was, talking nonsense..” 

“So I took you in my arms and put my forehead to yours, letting you focus.”

“Your mind had become an anchor for me,” he swallowed his words, trying to come out of Erik’s head, but the memories were holding him there, “I have never found another like yours..”

Erik closed his eyes and tried to feel Charles, let him push the memory up and see what he saw.

“I have never felt a bond like this..”

“Neither have I,” Erik felt his throat tighten, and he found himself leaning closer to Charles, “you asked me to stay..”

“You stayed,” Charles bunched a hand in his shirt, “stay..”

“Until you are better,” he felt Charles deflate, “then we shall see.” He didn’t want to leave, but he would never be really welcome in this house. He could never finish what he started here... he needed… he didn’t know what he needed. Right now, all he wanted.. was Charles. “Charles?” 

“Hm?” He opened his eyes and noticed Erik’s face was right in front of his, “oh..I um.. we shouldn’t be so close..”

“Charles..” 

The way he said his name sent shivers down his spine, “…yes?”

“Stop talking,” Erik closed the distance and kissed him. It was just as he remembered, except with the bitter taste of cough medicine, but he didn’t mind. Charles was so cute with his little pink nose and impossibly blue eyes. He needed him, wanted him, had him. Why did he want to leave again? He pushed the thought away and picked Charles’ up so he was sitting in his lap. Charles was returning the kiss with just as much desperation and adoration. Ok, now that Erik was thinking, he was really turned on.

-I thought we were shutting up?-

-I haven’t said anything.-

-you’re doing an awful lot of thinking for someone not saying anything.-

-And what exactly am I thinking?-

-taking advantage of a dreadfully ill man-

-oh? I thought it was just a little cold?-

-fine, I do feel dreadful, but this is nice..-

Erik smiled into the kiss, -stop being so attractive and I’ll stop wanting to take advantage.-

-I have a cold, I don’t know how to be less attractive.-

-you’re being the exact opposite of less attractive- He moved so Charles could feel exactly how true that sentence was.

Charles gasped and broke the kiss to cough off to the side, “you’re a menace.”

“You used to like it.”

“I’m not the one who made it past tense.”

That made Erik pause, “who says it has to be past tense?” 

“Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?” Charles leaned back, far enough so he could really see Erik’s face, “Please…”

“I would stay if I could.” Erik didn’t loosen his grip.

“You can, but you won’t.” Charles shook his head before putting a hand on his forehead, “you’re making me dizzy.”

“Your fever is making you dizzy,” instead of putting Charles’ down, he slide down into the chair and pulled Charles to lay against his chest, “you could make me stay.”

Charles seemed to melt against his chest, “you know I can’t.”

“I know you won’t,” he could see Charles’ eyes close, “I can stay a while..”

“Hold me until then?” His voice was weak, sleep taking him.

“I have no intention of letting you go,” he smiled a bit when he could hear Charles’ congested breathing, “not now, not ever.”

• 2 weeks later...

This is very sad but very sweet! There’s something tragic and doomed and tortured about it, but also... fated, in a way?

• 3 years later...

I felt a roller coaster of emotions while reading this ; ; Great job! Sick Charles is soo cute aghh on my way to binge read more cherik fics