Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cold

Lady Tori

Just the day before yesterday I had been thinking, "I haven't been sick in a while!" Never even think those words!

Yesterday morning I woke up with a dreaded scratchy throat. Since then I have been coughing and sneezing steadily. Usually I stifle sneezes, especially cold sneezes because I hate the idea of spreading the germs to everyone around me, but these sneezes are too powerful to be stifled-they come out anyway. And I always have to blow my nose after them.

If I sneeze in public (although the only "public" place I have been to today is the dining hall - if I walk around I get dizzy) I get so embarrassed because I feel like people are looking at me thinking, "What a germy girl! Go back to your germy bed!"

I hate colds.

If I sneeze in public (although the only "public" place I have been to today is the dining hall - if I walk around I get dizzy) I get so embarrassed because I feel like people are looking at me thinking, "What a germy girl!  Go back to your germy bed!" 

I hate colds.

I know what you mean - I definitely hate having a cold because the "germiness" too!

Hope you get better soon :yes:

~Catinka~

Thanks, Catinka!

I am feeling better, I had a nap in the afternoon and my headache and sore throat are better.

The sneezes from the cold are horrible. They are so strong they feel like they are scraping my throat raw. Worse, they don't clear up my sinuses, and I have to blow like crazy after each one to stop another one from coming on.

Awww - I do hope you feel better soon and that your nose is clear...

You are not so germy truly - in readin your above posts, you seem so polite that I am sure you give your hands a good washing and really that is all it takes not to pass a cold along.

Allabs5150 did not catch my cold even after spending the weekend with my son who had it and my husband.

Lots of fluids and rest Lady and you will be better in no time!

Kitty

hope you feel better

I know the feeling cold sneezes are the worst they take forever to come out and they kill your throat then u have to go through it all again over and over

Thanks again everyone for the get well soon wishes!

Things got worse today and I actually went to the Dr. because I suspected it was quickly becoming sinusitis. While she reassured me it was not, I did get a prescription for something called Flonase, a nasal spray which supposedly acts as a decongestant. It hasn't started working yet :yes:

I feel like I have the flu in my head! It feels stuffed full of mucus and I have a headache that goes all the way to the bottom of my neck. By this point my nose is becoming red from all the kleenexes and blowing.

Hopefully this will be over soon so life can go on as scheduled....

Hope you feel better soon, Lady21. I mean, I liked the obs and such, and probably wouldn't mind seeing you sneeze, but I'm sorry that it sucks for you, and all that other stuff you have to deal with sounds like it would seriously suck....well, it always does for me, and I hate it. So yeah, feel better soon. :yes:

I know well the pain of sinitus, the best thing I can recommend is olbas oil. You can get it from any health food store or probably your local chemist. Add a few drops to a bowl of steaming, but not boiling, water and then cover your head and the bowl with a towel so that as little of the vapour escapes as possible and breathe as much as you can through the nose...it almost always clears mine. Also lots of hot showers or baths. Other than that, rest and vitamin C and do get well soon. Oh and have a hug as well :yes:. it never hurts!

Thanks for the wishes Bondi and enkidu.

Last night I did the steam thing before I went to bed, with the towel and all. I didn't know about olbas oil, but I should check it out. The steam trick always does wonders for me. Of course, five minutes later, my nose was plugged up and sniffly anew, but oh well.

I did wake up at about 6 am to find that the decongestant had started working :P Things have been looking up since then.

I have sneezed an awful lot today. All the fluids I've been drinking have made my mucus very runny, and it drives my tickle reflex crazy. I have been sneezing in doubles, and it usually sounds like this: "A-n-choo!" I hold in the air but release it saying "choo". I always have to blow my nose afterwards, as this loosens things up.

Hope you liked the extension to this obs! At least knowing everyone here likes to hear about my sneezes makes having this cold not so bad :yes:

Thanks for the wishes Bondi and enkidu.

Last night I did the steam thing before I went to bed, with the towel and all.  I didn't know about olbas oil, but I should check it out.  The steam trick always does wonders for me.  Of course, five minutes later, my nose was plugged up and sniffly anew, but oh well.

I did wake up at about 6 am to find that the decongestant had started working  :P  Things have been looking up since then.

I have sneezed an awful lot today.  All the fluids I've been drinking have made my mucus very runny, and it drives my tickle reflex crazy.  I have been sneezing in doubles, and it usually sounds like this:  "A-n-choo!"  I hold in the air but release it saying "choo".  I always have to blow my nose afterwards, as this loosens things up.

Hope you liked the extension to this obs!  At least knowing everyone here likes to hear about my sneezes makes having this cold not so bad  :yes:

i hope you feel better. But it does sound good. I would love to hear more about the blowing along with the sneezing. Happy blowings and feel better.

Hmm, the blowing. Let me describe it.

Well, first my nose usually feels like it's about to start dripping. Sometimes I can even feel the mucus dripping down, as if it's about to come out of my nose. This is the point at which I grab a kleenex and press it to my nose. I take a deep breath through my mouth, press the tissue against my nose, and blow. This cold is giving me incredibly wet blows... you can really hear the wetness (and I can really feel it!)

The mucus is so copious that I usually need more than 1 kleenex to complete each blow. I blow until I feel my nose is clear. The mucus yesterday was greenish-yellow, today's it's more clear (I've been drinking more liquids on much advice I got here :D ) Sometimes there is a bit of a honk because I tend to squish my nostrils together as I blow out. The loudest sound is definitely the squishiness though!

I have never done a blow obs, hope you enjoyed it!

From a self proclaimed blow-lover, I thank you Lady. Your obs was perfect...I could really imagine the copious fluid moving into the receptical and of course, the little honk that I love so much.

You mentioned your nose turning red. Is it chapped and peeling? Please describe the condition of you poor sore horn. What if anything are you doing to soothe this discomfort?

Feel better and again, thanks.

Tev

Lady, you've been very generous in "sharing" your cold with us. The painful throat part of it is awful. But you're probably on the mend now. I don't know how you feel about dedicating your cold to posterity, but if you do get into a sneezing fit, I know that I'd love you hear it as a wav.

Feel better soon!

You mentioned your nose turning red. Is it chapped and peeling? Please describe the condition of you poor sore horn. What if anything are you doing to soothe this discomfort?

Feel better and again, thanks.

Tev

Thanks Tev! And yes, my nose is red and chapped, kind of between the bottom of it and the top of my lip. It feels dry and scaly. I haven't done anything to soothe it because if I put lotion on it it will just come off again the next time I blow, which is inevitably soon after!

Lady, you've been very generous in "sharing" your cold with us. The painful throat part of it is awful. But you're probably on the mend now. I don't know how you feel about dedicating your cold to posterity, but if you do get into a sneezing fit, I know that I'd love you hear it as a wav.

Feel better soon!

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Joel. I am feeling better today :blushing:

I have thought about making wavs, but I don't have recording equipment :D Also, I never really have sneezing fits, it's usually just one or two sneezes at a time, and I get little or no warning in advance, so I'd never be able to set up the equipment. But I'm flattered you asked :blushing:

I'm happy to give back to all of you, who have given so much to me with your obs, wavs and stories, with these obs! I feel a true sense of community :)

Making wavs is pretty easy and a mic to plug into your computer is really cheap at Wal-Mart if you want to pick one up. Not pressuring you or anything. Just suggesting if you ever do decide to make wavs. Totally up to you. And anyway, your obs was enjoyable as well. Thanks for sharing.

And I'm glad you feel better. :D

Thanks Bondi, good advice.

What's preventing me besides shyness is that even though I'm at university now, and have the privacy of my room to record wavs if I so desired, this old crappy computer has no sound card.

And when I go home in April I will be living with my family again. Although I think their computers have recording equipment I am way too scared to dare recording a wav when in the same house as them!

Maybe when I move out on my own...

Still sneezing quite a bit, especially in the morning when I first get up and all the mucus drips down to the front of my nose (I sleep on my back, especially when I have a cold). Maybe I should find the Cough Fetish Forum though, because last night I awoke at 3 am to a terrific coughing fit. My coughs are like the kinds of sneezes I like; they are unstoppable and desperate and quicly escalate to the point when I think I"m going to turn blue from lack of oxygen and vomit. I hate coughing :D

That coughing fit is also the kind of sneezing fit that I like.

Thanks for replying to my post before. I'm happy that you share in any way that you are able. :D

Guest rhinoceros

Sorry for this late post, but I've only just read this topic and I enjoyed it a lot, and like tev and kleenexkid, I particularly went for the blow description - thanks Lady!

:) I just finished reading the post :)

Personally, I like the idea of catching someone's cold or giving someone a cold, but for the sake of politeness, I stiffle my sneezes or cover my mouth. :)

Personally, I like the idea of catching someone's cold or giving someone a cold, but for the sake of politeness, I stiffle my sneezes or cover my mouth.  :laugh:

I figure it's only OK to deliberately give someone a cold if they ask for it (as I know some folks here like to share colds) otherwise it's inconsiderate to spew germs on everyone on the subway or in the lecture hall. But for those of us who love cold sneezes, a cold-ridden partner could be a beautiful thing.

Lady21...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I, too, am in with Tev and Kleenexkid in the noseblowing department. I'm so pleased that you feel comfortable enough to go into this aspect of your cold and describe the blows as well as the sneezes. Nevertheless, the fact that you feel like crap never really quite compensates for your otherwise enjoyment of sneezing does it. Take care and thanks again :laugh:

Lady21...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I, too, am in with Tev and Kleenexkid in the noseblowing department. I'm so pleased that you feel comfortable enough to go into this aspect of your cold and describe the blows as well as the sneezes. Nevertheless, the fact that you feel like crap never really quite compensates for your otherwise enjoyment of sneezing does it. Take care and thanks again :laugh:

Well, I'm not too shy to say that I get great enjoyment out of everyone's sneezing obs. Even though blowing is not my thing, I'm pleased to be able to share it so that those of you who like it can enjoy it!

Archived