Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Archers

Heathcliff

On the Archers today-

It seems that the man working under the hotel kitchen floor made a mistake and blew himself up by working on the gas pipe. I was in a flap with all the drama.

Surely worth an update as what went from being a bit unexpected, to being a bit ridiculous, to being horrific, may be a good distraction for some people.

You can listen on BBC Radio 4 if you have access:

Unexpected

Oliver gets some of builder Philip's workmen in at short notice to take up the floor of the hotel kitchen. We do not know why but suddenly the kitchen blows up

Ridiculous

I thought the guy must have hit a gas pipe, but the inspection says the guy was using petrol instead of solvent to remove the adhesive on the floor tiles, and someone had left the grill on... and then someone opened the door so the petrol fumes went into the grill. I thought- what nonsense! How would that ever happen?

Horrific

In a dark twist, it turns out the builder is using modern slave labour. The builder left his incompetent son to do the job, and he didn't feed his worker. While he went out to get sandwiches, his worker, who was starving hungry, couldn't resist temptation to turn on the grill and cook some food there.

It's gone from a daft plot to a very sinister one, and one we really need at this time,  for distraction.

Archived