Sneeze Fetish Forum

help, new to the forum

shesneezes

hello. i don’t know if this is the right place to post this, however i would like to know if there is a way to delete your own posts on the forum. help would be appreciated 😅 

Hi shesneezes, 

I moved the topic to this subforum, as it seems a better place for it than General Discussion. 

As it stands, only validated members can edit their own posts for a certain amount of time after they've posted it. More information about the validation process can be found here

In some circumstances, the Staff may be able to help you edit something. We ask you to refrain from asking the staff to do such things as correct typos (we are very busy..) but if there's something significant to edit then we don't mind helping. You can contact the staff using the Contact Us tab :)

Why are we as user so limited on what we can do on this forum? We can't delete our own posts we can't put our contact information anywhere, we're stuck in validating due to lack of mods which is understandable but it's just kind of a pain.

38 minutes ago, Chillted96 said:

Why are we as user so limited on what we can do on this forum? We can't delete our own posts we can't put our contact information anywhere, we're stuck in validating due to lack of mods which is understandable but it's just kind of a pain.

well, you can't delete your own posts so that users can't skirt the rules and then delete their post before a mod sees. you can't put your contact information on the open forums because internet predators exist out there and can use that information to stalk you, though you're allowed to put your information on your own profile page for other members to contact you at. and you're no longer stuck in validating! see here for more info on that: 

soooooooooo yeah!

35 minutes ago, Chillted96 said:

It boils down to keeping the forum as safe and well managed as possible. If users were allowed to delete their own posts, it could cause issues should that person break the rules then delete the offending material before staff can see it and properly handle it.

As for the contact information, again, its for safety reasons that are explained in the 'Read before Posting' section. And the validation issue is being resolved as we speak, its just a matter of waiting for your turn in the queue, though there is currently a topic on the front page where you may comment if you feel your account should be validated. There are certain criteria your account must meet though so we can be sure each user is a proper fit for the community and not a potential problem causer.

While staff can understand the frustrations, we have these things in place for the safety of our community and the users within. It helps keep the forum running smoothly at the end of the day.

6 hours ago, Chillted96 said:

@SneezyHolmes and @•.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said everything I need to, but it is also to stop trolls and spammers and honestly people who have joined for nefarious reasons being able to see adult content and to be privately interacting with our members. These rules are in place to protect not only the new members who have yet to be validated, but to protect our current community as well. •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• has very kindly posted to the topic that I made yesterday, so it would be worth reading through that, as well as our How do I get validated? thread which can be found in the Read Before Posting section. 

Archived