Sneeze Fetish Forum

6 Weeks?!

Guest Tingle

Not entirely sure if this should be here or in obs, so feel free to move it mods if u think necessary.

Well I’m usually one of these lucky people who can manage to miss almost every cold going. Not anymore it would seem! :)

I’ve been up and down now with a cold for three weeks! Seriously, it’s insane! :wacko: It all started when I had 4 projects to finish all at once for university. Too many crazily late nights and crack of doom early mornings, trying to get everything done took its toll. :):) I let myself get run down and susceptible. Next thing I know I wake up with all the classic signs. The throat that feels like I’ve choked on a cactus, the head with it’s very own rock concert thumping insistently. Not the mention the poor, horrible pink nose that, not only can't make up its mind if it wants to be a plug or Niagara, but tickles and fizzes at me half the day causing mini explosions periodically. Just the thing I need to help keep me motivated on my projects. We’ve all been there right, *groan*.

Little did I know however that I’d STILL be here, looking like death warmed up and feeling even worse, three whole weeks later! It’s not fair! What on earth did I do to deserve this? I thought that maybe I was just being unlucky and getting one cold on top of another, it's not unknown. But then at work last week I overheard more than once from different customers that apparently… there’s some 6 week long cold going around my area. Yes! 6 WEEKS! :omg: I thought they were having a joke but now right now I’m not so sure. :)

If it’s true then might have three more weeks to go. (Oh boy, I hope not) Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? The whole idea is absurd but then I can’t completely disregard what I’ve been going through lately. Perhaps someone can shed some medical knowledge onto this for me.

Snuffly and sneezy,

Tingle

Crikey, Tingle, that is damn rotten luck. I hope you feel better soon. I don't know about six week colds; sounds more like flu to me. Sometimes I get a cold and it goes to my chest, and I end up with a cough for ages, long after the cold has gone. I know all too well what the late nights and early mornings at uni can be like, but it's horrible that you've been sick for so long. Why don't you try lots of Vitamin C and some Echinacea? I know it's a gimmick and kind of New Agey, but I always find the Echinacea works a dream for me, if you get it in droplet form. But if you don't start getting better soon, maybe you should have a word with your doctor. You're probably just worn out, though, you poor thing. Take care of yourself, and get well soon. :)

Oh, I know. (sorry I'm late on this) But I hardly ever get colds, except in the summer...and I know that sounds strange, but that's the way it is. But lately I've been getting like 2 colds a month. It's so strange. I mean, it loses it's intensity on some days....but it always seems to come back. I didn't used to think it was a cold...but I don't know. Sorry if this post didn't make any sense. :)

Sorry to hear about your awful cold! I understand totally about being sick while having tons of work :P I just got over a two week cold only to catch my boyfriend's cold.

I sure hope it doesn't last six weeks. That's probably something of an exaggeration. Your young and healthy self may be able to fight it off before then. Drink plenty of fluids and take vitamins. Also try to rest up sometimes. I know it's hard when you have five projects worth 50% of your final marks in all your classes, but a little rest in the middle of a marathon study session can work wonders.

Get well soon!

Archived