Sneeze Fetish Forum

How many sneezes is considered a compilation?

Coolio

Interested to know what people think the minimum amount of sneezes needed in a video for it to be a compilation

It's completely subjective of course, but technically, as soon as it includes two clips, in my opinion it becomes a compilation.

I suspect most people would expect to see many more than that though if they click on a video that says it's a compilation. Again it's subjective, but maybe at least 5 clips?

:joal:

35 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

It's completely subjective of course, but technically, as soon as it includes two clips, in my opinion it becomes a compilation.

I suspect most people would expect to see many more than that though if they click on a video that says it's a compilation. Again it's subjective, but maybe at least 5 clips?

:joal:

I agree tbf. I think 3 or 4 is good enough for it to be considered a compilation.

I have made a few compilations, and I don't really have a set amount that before I consider the compilation 'ready'. I consider it a compilation if the video is over one minute long when I make them. If it's shorter I don't post it and wait to find more clips.

this reminds me of the age old philosophical question of how many grains of sand constitutes a pile of sand. everyone knows a pile of sand when they see one, but who's to say how many grains of sand is a pile? and how many grains can you remove before it can no longer be considered a pile? if you came upon this new, smaller amount of sand with no context, would you call it a pile at all?

I dunno, how many videos need to be stolen from non-fetishist youtubers before it actually counts as stealing?

1 hour ago, Blah!? said:

I dunno, how many videos need to be stolen from non-fetishist youtubers before it actually counts as stealing?

It's not so much the number as it is the video chosen and method. You could repost 1000 (not obscene) clips of obscure vids that were publicly posted and it may not be "stealing" or 1 copyrighted vid or mp3 for your own financial gain and it's "stealing"

47 minutes ago, Bless you, Hi said:

It's not so much the number as it is the video chosen and method. You could repost 1000 (not obscene) clips of obscure vids that were publicly posted and it may not be "stealing" or 1 copyrighted vid or mp3 for your own financial gain and it's "stealing"

Don’t need financial gain to be infringement of a copyrighted work. Watering down the value of the work (with no gain whatsoever to the copier) is infringement. Lack of financial gain is a potential factor in establishing fair use as a defense, but not definitive, and you’re still infringing. Fair use allows you to escape penalty. 

8 minutes ago, RB said:

Don’t need financial gain to be infringement of a copyrighted work. Watering down the value of the work (with no gain whatsoever to the copier) is infringement. Lack of financial gain is a potential factor in establishing fair use as a defense, but not definitive, and you’re still infringing. Fair use allows you to escape penalty. 

both vague rules when applied to vids only under a general site posting contract and it's next to impossible to legally penalize a "copier" who has no financial gain and the poster who has no financial loss. How many comps are made just to make fun of people/situations? A huge chunk of youtube compilation videos and "react to" videos would be been taken down

3 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

this reminds me of the age old philosophical question of how many grains of sand constitutes a pile of sand. everyone knows a pile of sand when they see one, but who's to say how many grains of sand is a pile? and how many grains can you remove before it can no longer be considered a pile? if you came upon this new, smaller amount of sand with no context, would you call it a pile at all?

This is a great comparison lol

18 minutes ago, Bless you, Hi said:

both vague rules when applied to vids only under a general site posting contract and it's next to impossible to legally penalize a "copier" who has no financial gain and the poster who has no financial loss. How many comps are made just to make fun of people/situations? A huge chunk of youtube compilation videos and "react to" videos would be been taken down

I agree with this

6 hours ago, Bless you, Hi said:

When people object, they are taken down. For many, the compilations drive people to the original channel, so they don’t complain. But many here have had their channels penalized by YouTube.

Getting back to the original thread, any thing with more than one clip counts, but it’s up to the compiler to decide how much effort to put into it. As i am grateful for all who do such work, any number is fine by me. Thank you for your work!

Personally, I think a compilation worth watching would be no shorter than 4 minutes. Like others have said, technically all it takes is two clips, but what someone considers worthy is completely subjective. Certain types of compilations may also lend themselves to shorter lengths. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Coolio said:

Interested to know what people think the minimum amount of sneezes needed in a video for it to be a compilation

It’s not really the number of sneezes that constitutes a compilation, it’s the number of clips; and to that, I would have to say: 2. You could have 10 sneezes all in one clip, and it’s not a compilation, but if you even have 2 clips, each with one sneeze, that is a compilation, in my mind.