Sneeze Fetish Forum

Brodia the Hill Giantess

Zracken3

Um, hello everyone...

So, I've got a bad habit of disappearing for months at a time. Hopefully, I can be forgiven. That said, I did mention that I had things to post, and this is one of those things. I'm not sure how many more like it there will be, but I just feel like putting this out there. If anyone likes it, please feel free to tell me. Or, better yet, you can continue the story I've set up here -- it's not copyrighted, I swear. :sweatdrop: 

Sooooo...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above, the sun shone magnificently in the brilliant blue sky. The weather today was incredibly fair, and only a few wispy clouds highlighted the heavens. A light breeze played along to the summer day’s pleasant tune, and the sounds of life filled the air. Down below, a small village went about its daily chores. Crops grew in the fields outside of town, and the grass was at its greenest, much to the delight of the cattle. The villagers were gathered together in the square, catching up with one another, trading with their neighbors, bartering with the craftsmen -- a typical Helfday by any measure. The hustle and bustle, if one could call it that, was noticeable as people moved goods and produce around the market stalls and to their homes. Everyone was caught up in their own business, completely oblivious, at first, to the trouble approaching from the west.

Suddenly, there came a shallow quake. It was barely perceptible, but some of the less hasty people stopped to look around. None of them saw anything, but a second quake, stronger this time, rocked through the village. Now, all but the most distracted went quiet, waiting to discover the source of the tremors. Another quake came, and, combined with the general lull that had descended on the town, it was enough to draw everyone’s attention. A few moments later, the ground shook again. Then again...and again. The quakes had a hypnotically regular rhythm -- always the same time apart, always getting progressively stronger. Finally, a few of the wisest in the crowd started to slowly disperse to their homes, but the majority stood frozen, awaiting an answer to their morbid curiosity. And an answer they certainly received.

From over the hill to the west crested the head of a massive creature. It rose higher and higher with each shuddering of the ground. Eventually, it became clear that the quakes were its footsteps, and each one brought the monster closer to the village square. When it had finally made its way to the top of the slope, the villagers could behold its true form.

Making its way down the hillside was a tremendous hill giantess. In form, she resembled a very large woman, but she was squatter and more heavily-built. She wore mammoth skins roughly sewn into a dress of sorts which came down to the tops of her knees. It was tied around the waist by ropes and had a deep, plunging neckline. This revealed the middle of her chest which, given the lack of support and its size generally, bounced with every weighty step she took. Eventually, her long strides brought her into the village proper. She stood twice the height of any of the nearby houses, and her shadow seemed big enough to swallow the entire square. In her right hand, she held an enormous club -- practically a tree trunk with a whittled handle. She marched down the main street towards the populated square, finally coming to a halt just outside of it. Now, those that stood frozen in the square had a much better view of the monster. Her feet were bare and quite large, even for her size, and the toenails were untrimmed and unkempt. Her skin was a light tan, and the entirety of her seemed to be unwashed, caked here and there with dirt. As some of the villagers looked up, her skyscraping face came into view. Dark brown colored her irises, lightening around the pupils. A heap of messy, wavy, black hair spilled over her shoulders, long enough to reach the bottom of her chest. A hide cap topped her head, with two enormous horns from some unimaginably large animal jutting out to either side. In the middle of her face sat a wide, flat nose, and her large nostrils fanned out as near-perfect circles. Brown freckles covered her nose and smudged cheeks. When she finally smiled at the awestruck peasants, they glimpsed a maw of straight but yellowing teeth.

Brodia, as the hill giantess was called, didn’t care much about her appearance, so long as she looked intimidating. She gazed at the tiny people scattered about in the square and was pleased with their shocked features. She was also pleased with how much stuff they seemed to have gathered together because it was the subject of her visit; she had come to plunder the village. All going well, the inhabitants would give up freely. She could then continue to come back periodically to extract more from them, as is the way of hill giants. Smiling, she lifted her club up to rest it on her right shoulder and placed her left hand on her hip.

“A’right, put all yer stuff in da wagons and give it to me,” Brodia demanded smugly, her voice echoing throughout the square.

The villagers were frightened now, and some of them started to murmur. A lot of hard work had been put into the things that they had, and the thought of losing it all in a day was disturbing. Suddenly, one of them shouted back.

“You can’t take our things! We worked hard for ‘em, and it’s all we’ve got!” called the farmer, more pleadingly than defiantly.

Brodia immediately frowned. Despite his tone, what the man had just done was refuse her, and she couldn’t let that stand.

“Ah, I’m sorry. Ya obviously can’t ‘ear me down dere,” she growled.

With that, Brodia lifted up her right foot and brought it crashing down on top of the nearest handcart. The poor soul who was standing by it leaped for safety mere moments before it splintered apart under the force of the giantess’ stomp. Now, the cart laid as a pile of toothpicks under Brodia’s titanic sole.

“Give me all yer stuff, or I smash ya all!” the gargantuan woman bellowed.

Now, Brodia didn’t actually want to smash all of the little people. After all, dead villagers with no houses don’t produce much plunder, but she had to get them to comply somehow. Unfortunately, her violent outburst instantly backfired. Instead of loading everything up like they had been told to, the villagers panicked. They started to run out of the square in every direction, some even running between Brodia’s legs to reach their homes behind her. From her point of view, it looked like she had just stepped on an ant hill.

“What’re ya doing, ya tiny --” Brodia was cut off by her own exasperation.

The villagers continued to fan out and retreat to their houses, concerned only with putting a few walls between themselves and the violent creature that stood in their street. Brodia, for her part, could only watch the chaotic scene progress. Any sudden moves by her would only further incite panic, and she feared she might squash some of them were she to intervene. Again, dead villagers produce no plunder.

“Ay, stop!” shouted the giantess.

It was no use. The people in the village had all scattered back to their homes or the homes of close neighbors. The square now lay empty, with produce and carts abandoned and strewn everywhere. Brodia had no way to gather all of this stuff off of the ground herself. Besides, why should she? It was the villagers who were supposed to supply her her tribute. Placing her club on the ground, she got down on her hands and knees. She lowered her head to the ground and peered at the front of the nearest house. Through the windows, she could see several people watching her, but they quickly ran further inside when her gigantic face came into view.

“Ay! Get back out ‘ere,” Brodia called, angrily.

She reached for the front door but found that her fingers were too thick to grab the doorknob. Ever inventive, she simply pushed the door off of its hinges and inserted her arm. Now, she reached around inside for one of the pesky humans. Try as she might, though, the width of her arm stopped her from reaching too far in, and the inhabitants were able to stay safe on the far end of the room. Frustrated, Brodia pulled her arm back out of the house and gazed through the door frame at the cowering rabble. She scoffed, grabbed her club, and stood back up to seek another way in. The sides of the building offered no options. Instead, she turned to the roof, where a stone chimney opened into the sky. Bending at the knees and leaning over the opening, she closed an eye and tried to peek down the flue.

“Ya better come out ‘fore I smash ya out,” Brodia threatened as she leaned in for a closer look down the fireplace.

Instead of the reply she was expecting, Brodia was greeted by a large, sudden puff of chimney soot that shot right out of the smokestack and into her waiting face. She quickly lurched away from the impact, but not before her face was covered in the fine black powder. Her eyes shut as she stood back to her full height.

“Bah! Blasted ashes!” cried Brodia, as she tried to shield her face with her hands.

During her search, the people inside had seen that the giantess persisted on entering their home, and they had been searching for some way to deter her. When she had positioned her face over the chimney, they saw their opportunity. One of them had rushed to the fireplace and grabbed the bellows. They stuck the air bag up the chimney and squeezed its handles together with all the force their arms could muster. A blast of air had shot itself up the flue, expelling all of the fine particulate from the inside of the shaft. Luckily, they hadn’t cleaned it in awhile.

Brodia shoved her club under her armpit and rubbed her eyes with both hands. Pulling them away, she saw that the black soot had transferred itself from her eyes to the insides of her hands, leaving her looking like some sort of inverted raccoon. She stared down at the offending house, annoyance evident despite her blackened face.

“Dat’s real fun of ya! Now --”

Brodia was cut off as her wide nose twitched to one side. She felt a small burn emerge inside her sinuses. Instinctively, she wiggled her nose back and forth a couple of times.

“Hrmm… nose itches," she grumbled.

Despite her enormity, her might, and her hardiness, one part of Brodia remained sensitive. Her nose was easily bothered by just about anything she ran into -- pollen, feathers, spices, small animals, and -- yes -- chimney soot. Its wide frame and broad nostrils didn’t effectively stop much from getting inside either. She began to sniffle, almost snort, fiercely.

"Sniff...ugh...suh-stupid...sniiiiff…little bugs.”

With each forceful inhale, Brodia’s nostrils nearly clamped shut, only to flare back out to twice their size when she exhaled. Her brow had begun to furrow as it too got involved in the act. Her nose thrashed about on her face as it continued to twitch, wiggle, and sniffle. It scrunched up, then stretched out, then started to move in quick circles -- all to scratch the itch that was building inside. Alas, all of this motion had only shook the soot from the tip of Brodia’s nose, and she vacuumed it up through her great nostrils with her incessant sniffling.

Sniiiiiff...agh!...damn dust’s gonna...sniffle...sniff...iz…makin' me...sniff...sneeze."

Brodia finally realized it was time for plan B. Her club occupying her right hand, she brought the back of her left index finger up to her face and started to scrub vigorously at her tickly nose. Her eyes squeezed shut and her face bunched up as the appendage ran itself back and forth across her flared nose holes, too thin to cover them completely. Unfortunately, this only served to rub more chimney soot along the base of her reddening nostrils. After a few moments of rough rubbing, her face suddenly froze in place as her hand hovered in midair beside it. The only movement came from her still cavernously flared nostrils. The villagers, who had been watching the spectacle from their respective homes, also froze and stared. Eventually, Brodia shattered the silence.

“Huh...HUUUUH!”

Brodia's mouth flew open as she drew in her first hitched breathes. For Brodia, however, there wasn't much hitching to be had. Each inhalation was drawn-out and deep. 

"HUUUH...HUUUUUUUUUH!"

The villagers from the neighbouring houses watched the events unfold from their second-story windows. Brodia's hands had fallen to her sides and front, as if she were bracing herself for something. Her eyes were shut hard to make room on her face for her gaping mouth and scrunching, flaring nose. With every mighty, sneezy breath, she rattled the shutters on the window and loosed thatch from the roofs. 

"HUUUUUUUUUH!...HUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!"

The ground seemed to tremble. Brodia leaned back as she huffed and puffed, her chest expanding and pushing out to contain the immense volumes of air being sucked into her lungs.

"HUUUUUH!!...HUUUUUUUUK'SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Brodia sneezed a legendary sneeze, bending herself in half at the waist. The catastrophic expulsion was aimed directly at the house which had started it all. Its thatched roof was instantly torn to shreds and scattered into the sky. Shutters broke and windows shattered, pummeled by the tornadic wind. Eventually, the very frame itself cracked and splintered apart, carried off outside the village by the giantess' powerful burst. When it was over, the only thing that remained was the stone foundation, a rubbled chimney, and five petrified villagers huddled together in the center of the floor.

"See...I told ya I'd...sniff...smash ya," Brodia followed, trying to return to the matter at hand. Her voice sounded congested as she still hadn’t recovered from such a big sneeze. 

"N-now...sniff...gib'be all...sniff...all yer stu…HUUUUUH!"

Unfortunately for Brodia, she never sneezed just once. The villagers panicked again, realizing that not even their homes could protect them now. They spilled into the streets, and fled out of the village as fast and far as they could.

"HUUUUUUUH…HUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!"

The people in the streets could feel the wind pick up as the hill giantess built up another cataclysmic sneeze. They ran for the hills, but some of them didn’t run fast enough. 

"HUUUUUUUK'SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Brodia's sneeze ripped through the streets and into the square. Untold tons of fruits and vegetables were sent hurtling through the air, out of sight of the village. Many unfortunate citizens were caught up in the maelstrom and were blown as far as the hills they were trying to withdraw to. Cattle, too, were swept off their feet and sent into fields outside the village.

"Sniff...gods...not...HUH….AGAIN!!"

Unfortunately for Brodia, she never sneezed just twice. She always had fits.

"HUUUUH...cuh…can't...STOOOOOP'HUUUUUUH!!"

Brodia tried to rub her finger under her nose, desperate to curb the devastation she was causing, but the time had long since passed for that. She was on an involuntary rampage.

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!....HAAHK'SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Another sneeze tore out of her gargantuan body, demolishing another house and throwing months worth of firewood to the horizon. Straightening up again, she had tears in her eyes and a sneezy look plastered on her face. She still wasn't done. 

"HAAAAAK’SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

This one blew the spire on the town hall building into the fields. Above these fields, the villagers watched helplessly from the hills as all their homes and hard work were scattered and leveled. Brodia kept up the devastation, sneezing again and again, with hardly any time to breathe between eruptions. She continued without end until nearly half of the village was decimated. 

Finally, she decided she'd had enough. She was sick of sneezing, and, if she kept it up, there wouldn't be anything left worth stealing. In the middle of her next buildup, Brodia placed two fingers underneath her titanically-sized nostrils, determined to halt her fit in its tracks. 

"HAAAAAH...HAAAAAAAAH!!...HAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Her nostrils twitched and flared, trying to free themselves from the stifling influence of her fingers. 

"HAAAAAAAH!!...AAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Brodia pressed her fingers harder into the underside of her ferocious nose. However, despite her best efforts, she felt herself losing control. 

"HAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAH….HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH….HAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Fingers by her nostrils to the end, she was eventually forced to give in. 

"HAAAAA’CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

The pent-up sneeze rocketed out of Brodia with the wrath of a lesser deity. Sneezing towards her feet, she tore up grass and cobblestones and the dirt beneath them, leaving a shallow crater about the width of a house in front of her. This much larger sneeze also sent her reeling backwards. Losing her balance, she collapsed onto her backside, dropping her club, and leaving a smaller, secondary crater where she landed. Her head spun with dizziness.

"Agh...by da gods dat - HUUUUUUHK'SHOOOOOO!!"

With a final sneeze that did little more than shift rubble, she was finished. Brodia felt sweet satisfaction as her nose expelled the last irritants, and any chimney soot had been blown off her face by her penultimate sneeze. Placing her nose between her thumb and fingers, she rubbed it up and down, squishing the nostrils and folding the bridge.

"Ahh, dat's nice," she sighed.

When she'd finished, Brodia took a moment to survey the damage she'd done to the village.

"Blood and fire! It’s gonna take ‘em mont’s to build dis place back up.”

Frustrated, she began to pout, wondering how she could ever have gotten so unlucky. Left to mull over her situation, it didn’t take her long to get an idea that cheered her up.

“Hey, ya know what? Dem humans are scared of me now! Maybe dale give me what I want next time easy!”

She paused to think about her new insight. Her eyes crossed to look at her still reddened nose.

“Hmm, maybe I’ll need some flowers too,” she reckoned. “Da blue ones always get me goin’.”

Plans now situated, Brodia grabbed her club in her right hand, and stood back up. She brushed some dirt off of her, but most of it was left where it was. Resting her club on her shoulder again, she turned back the way she came and disappeared back over the western hill. She may not have gotten the plunder she’d come for, but the experience was almost as rewarding. She’d learned a lot about the little humans of the village, and she would do better next time. The future looked bright for the sneezy hill giantess. 

The villagers, though, had some cleaning up to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...there we go.

Love this!!! Giantess stories are always a fave of mine. I especially love the descriptions of her big nose and nostrils! Excellent! :D 

It's been ages since we've had a good sneezing giantess story on the forum! Thanks for posting this :) 

12 hours ago, Blaster said:

Love this!!! Giantess stories are always a fave of mine. I especially love the descriptions of her big nose and nostrils! Excellent! :D 

7 hours ago, NoV said:

It's been ages since we've had a good sneezing giantess story on the forum! Thanks for posting this :) 

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Giantess stories are my favorite too. I think we've gotten a few good ones recently, like Blah!?'s "A Nose For Trouble," Demospawn's "A date with a giantess," and Sceptile450's "Elliot and Alicia." Of course, "recently" in this context is over the span of months. Shame it's such a niche thing in such an already niche thing, but that's why we contribute.

On that note, I guess I'm open to ideas. :rolleyessmileyanim:

@Zracken3 That was a blast to read! I can’t wait to see what else you have in store.

And thanks for the shoutout with my story! 

12 hours ago, Sceptile450 said:

@Zracken3 That was a blast to read! I can’t wait to see what else you have in store.

And thanks for the shoutout with my story! 

Thank you! I guess I'll have to try and write more then. 

And no problem. I like giving credit where it's due. :happysmiley: 

Oh god, I love giantess sneeze stories, and this one was particularly fantastic. Great job!

58 minutes ago, Raven said:

Oh god, I love giantess sneeze stories, and this one was particularly fantastic. Great job!

Thank you! Out of curiosity, what did you particularly like? I'm on the hunt for inspiration.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, Zracken3 said:

Thank you! Out of curiosity, what did you particularly like? I'm on the hunt for inspiration.

Can’t speak for anyone else but for me it’s the build-ups. Great work. 

God the build ups. *drool*

You are fine with other people continuing this story?

I just remembered to ask, would you be okay with someone possibly making fan art to accompany this story? :D

3 hours ago, Show&tell said:

God the build ups. *drool*

You are fine with other people continuing this story?

37 minutes ago, Blaster said:

I just remembered to ask, would you be okay with someone possibly making fan art to accompany this story? :D

I'm so glad you like it, Show. You guys have made a lot of things I liked, so it feels good to return that. ^_^ I am okay with others contributing to this story if they want. I'm not sure if it should be it's own separate thread or not, but I am okay with it. If someone would like to, we could also get in contact so I can a) send some character details for continuity's sake and b) perhaps proofread the story for the same reason. Or not -- it's whatever.

As for you, Blaster, I am much more than okay with fan art -- I would encourage it! Again, if someone wants to get in direct contact with me, I can help with character details if they want.

Thank you for your comments; I feel so flattered! ☺️

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 6:06 PM, Zracken3 said:

Hey there! Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I don't come on the forum very often, and then I was trying to figure out what it was exactly I liked about the story. I really like big sneezes, as opposed to stifled sneezes. And like others said, I really liked that buildup. Especially I liked that she was trying not to sneeze but that when they inevitably did come out, they came out full force. And the bit about her putting both fingers under her nose was good, too. I'm also a fan of putting the finger under the nose. Blame cartoons. :D

Other general things I liked about the story-- I liked the character of Brodia, from her accent, to her rough and gruff personality, to her appearance. It was a nice change of pace from all of the pretty-girl giants we normally see on this forum. I especially liked the description of her nose. I thought the story was well-paced, too. Just enough introduction to the world and main character before we got on to the main event.

Okay, I think that's everything!

5 hours ago, Raven said:

Hey there! Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I don't come on the forum very often, and then I was trying to figure out what it was exactly I liked about the story. I really like big sneezes, as opposed to stifled sneezes. And like others said, I really liked that buildup. Especially I liked that she was trying not to sneeze but that when they inevitably did come out, they came out full force. And the bit about her putting both fingers under her nose was good, too. I'm also a fan of putting the finger under the nose. Blame cartoons. :D

Other general things I liked about the story-- I liked the character of Brodia, from her accent, to her rough and gruff personality, to her appearance. It was a nice change of pace from all of the pretty-girl giants we normally see on this forum. I especially liked the description of her nose. I thought the story was well-paced, too. Just enough introduction to the world and main character before we got on to the main event.

Okay, I think that's everything!

It's okay, a late reply is better than no reply. And I really appreciate that you put the time into thinking and writing about what you liked!

I'm also a fan of big sneezes, buildups, and fingers under noses, which means you'll probably have more to look forward to from me. :tongue: And, yeah, I blame the cartoons. :laugh2: I'm so glad you like the character too. I was wondering how well it would go down with people since, like you said, we usually see "prettier" characters. Glad I could mix things up a bit!

Not to get anybody excited, but I have another story for this plotted out -- just have to actually write it. So it's, like, five percent done. 😅 But, I just wanna thank everybody for their comments again; they mean a lot to me.

@Zracken3 Are you the author of the dragon sneeze stories on the other forum?? I love your content. Glad you enjoyed mine as well before it got deleted. =/

Can you PM on this forum? I have an idea for a continuation but wouldn't feel right without contacting you about it first.

9 hours ago, Show&tell said:

@Zracken3 Are you the author of the dragon sneeze stories on the other forum?? I love your content. Glad you enjoyed mine as well before it got deleted. =/

Can you PM on this forum? I have an idea for a continuation but wouldn't feel right without contacting you about it first.

If you're talking about Emma, then, yes, I am the same person. I kinda ghosted out of the other forum and this one for personal reasons (which, honestly, might happen again at some point...I hope not though). Again, so happy you like my stuff! Also, I recently replied to the thread you started asking about your channel being terminated, and I was wondering what your plans were moving forward. If you'd like, I'd be glad to know what you were thinking, but probably on that thread and not this one. :rolleyessmileyanim:

I don't think I can PM on this forum yet as I'm not a full member. But *whispers* I think I might be able to contact you via email anyway. I think I emailed you before when you had your channel. *cough* But, I would love to hear what your ideas are!

• 3 weeks later...

**SMALL CONTENT WARNING** This story has a short description of a maimed mammoth carcass, so if you're someone who can't stand the fact of an animal being killed/hurt, either skip this one or skip the first few paragraphs after the first line break. Hopefully, this doesn't sound condescending; I just want this story to be accessible to everyone.

Okay, hello again, everybody. Here's another story with my hill giantess OC, Brodia. I like this one, but I'm not sure how it compares to the first one. I guess everyone else can let me know. There's two main characters in this one, and every time there's a line break it switches between their perspectives. Let me know what you think of that, too. I'm so grateful that people take time out of their day to read my stuff. And if you have anything to say about it, please do! I love hearing what people think of these things, whether its praise or constructive criticism. But, either way, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several white puffy clouds raced across an otherwise clear sky, pushed along by a stiff breeze. The sun was bright, even though the lively clouds took their turns obscuring it, casting periodic shadows on the ground that brought the world into and out of dimness. The breeze mingled with the cool air to make for quite a nippy afternoon, but that was to be expected from an autumn this far north. A man in a long, dark blue robe pushed against the chill wind on his journey across the plain. He had a heavy hood pulled over his head, hiding his features, and a dark, woolen cloak draped over his shoulders in an effort to fend off the autumn weather. The man’s name was Erlan, and he had good reason to be in such hostile conditions.

“Quite a trivial conundrum for such a potent enchantment,” he thought to himself.

Erlan was a wizard by trade or, rather, by years of scholarly study and research. Still, he could never escape the moniker of “the Magician” from his old sleight of hand years, but that didn’t stop him from becoming remarkably competent in real magic. Recently, he had hit something of a wall in his advancement. Try as he may, it was simply not feasible for him to memorize all of the many spells he had come to know -- all of their precise words, motions, and materials were too much. Instead, he now had to turn to his only alternative: enchantments. By enchanting a physical object, he could bypass most of the memorization needed for a spell, needing only a simple command phrase to activate it so long as the item was on his person.

“Let me just confirm the article is with me,” he thought as his hand moved around inside of his pocket. “Yes, still there.”

His hand felt the item he had brought for the purpose. It was a small silver ring, engraved with swirling lines and very tiny glyphs. It was a Ring of Whirlwinds or, rather, would be one soon. With it, Erlan would be able to cast a few wind-based spells almost effortlessly and without taxing his mind and body. He had already put a considerable amount of time and resources into it, and he was now looking for his final material.

“The essence of a giant’s sneeze,” he replayed in his mind.

It made sense to him. The material was complex and difficult to come by -- as one would expect from an arcane recipe -- and it was tangentially related to the item’s function.

Erlan had spent the last couple of month’s figuring out, tracking down, and preparing for this last component. He knew that a hill giantess frequented the region he was journeying through, though its patterns were too sporadic and infrequent for his liking. He decided instead to locate the monster’s lair and travel there; he would have a much better chance of running into it then.

“Hmm, I believe I have nearly concluded my march,” Erlan suddenly proclaimed.

He squinted and saw the faint outline of a hill on the horizon. It was one of the only pieces of raised land for miles around, and the mage was pretty confident that his divinations had identified it as the home of his target. He continued on and reached the earthen mound in another hour. The opposite side of the mound had a large circular opening in it, which was currently blocked by the largest door the magician had ever seen. Or, at least, it acted like a door, but it was more like a huge rug made of many different types of hide, and it was fastened to the top of the opening like a curtain.

“I suppose this is the type of barbaric work that passes for craftsmanship among these brutes,” thought Erlan as he approached the mass of furs.

He took up a position on the edge of the opening and slowly lifted a small part of the flap. Sticking just a part of his head in, he surveyed the interior cautiously. It was too dark to see much, so, instead, he listened intently, confident that if the cave’s resident was home, he would hear it. When he heard nothing, he cast his Orb of Light spell and sent the white-glowing sphere into the void. As it moved in, Erlan could see the remains of many different animals -- mammoths, saber cats, bison, and giant caribou. He could also make out a large pile of furs and dried sod which he suspected was the monster’s poor excuse for a cot. Now, assured that he was alone, Erlan stepped into the abode.

“And now to wait until such time that the creature returns to its dwelling,” he lightly said to himself.

Erlan waited just inside the opening for longer than an hour. Suddenly, he could hear a thundering sound on the wind. A few moments later, the Alarm spell he had set triggered in his mind, confirming to him that someone -- something -- was approaching. Erlan dared a quick peak outside, and he beheld exactly what he hoped he would.

Brodia was returning from a long day of hunting, a constant necessity in order to sate her unyielding appetite. The giantess may not have had the most sophisticated techniques, but her long legs meant she could cover a lot of ground, and she could throw huge rocks with frightening accuracy. She held a mammoth slung over her shoulder, its spine broken and its head flattened -- brutal evidence that it had fallen to the giantess’ blunt methods.

“Mmm, gonna ‘ave tuh skin dis damn thing now,” Brodia grumbled to herself as she reached her destination. “Why’s dey gotta ‘ave so much skin?”

Brodia loved  to eat meat. She did not, however, enjoy the process of preparing said meat. Skinning and cleaning her prey was always such a hassle. But, at least she didn’t have to worry about cooking it; she ate everything raw. As she ducked and lifted the fur curtain to enter her home, she considered whether she was even hungry enough to bother with it today. But, of course, the answer was ‘yes.’

“Hrmm, where’d I put my knife?” Brodia asked herself aloud as she scanned the inside of the room, dropping the mammoth carcass on the ground.

She started to turn in place, looking at every spot and corner from her elevated view.

“Gotta be around ‘ere somewhere…”

Suddenly, in the middle of her search, she was seized by some unseen force, and she couldn’t turn her body anymore.

“What duh…?” she asked quickly.

She looked all over her body to see what it was that had restrained her, but she saw nothing but her clothes. Her head was still free, so she snapped it left and right trying to see what could be at fault. Before she could find it, her frame was gripped by a total paralysis that left her standing but unable to move anything from her neck down.

“W-what...is dis?” Brodia exclaimed, entirely unsure what the problem could be.

Then the problem revealed itself.

“It is I, Erlan the Magician, who has trapped you, creature!” Erlan boasted as he stepped into view, another Orb of Light travelling up to the ceiling to light the whole space.

Erlan was very pleased with himself. He had been practicing and preparing his Hold Monster spell for a week, and it had paid off significantly. The giantess never had a chance to resist his most powerful of magic.

“Creature!? I’ll smash ya, ya little insect!” Brodia shouted.

However, her threats were in vain.

“Your idle words mean nothing to me, monster. My magic shall be more than sufficient to hold you long enough until my purposes with you are complete,” Erlan stated.

Confident as he was in his magical abilities, the mage didn’t wish to squander the time he had. He immediately set to work.

“Whatcha tryna do, tiny?” Brodia asked through a scowl. “Ya better hope dis cheap trick o’ yers don’t give out, cuz I’ll...I’ll...whuh…?

Brodia’s anger temporarily faded as she watched the wizard telekinetically lift a large glass beaker to her face. Though large, the beaker was relatively small to the giantess, so it easily slipped inside her right nostril. She could only watch cross-eyed as it happened.

“H-hey! No messin’ around in dere! I might...sniff...h-hafta...sniff...sneeze…”

Brodia could feel an itch starting to form in the back of her nose, but she had no hands to scratch it with, being forced to sniffle away the discomfort.

Brodia’s sniffling worked exactly according to Erlan’s plans. The beaker he sent up her nose had been filled with a fine dust collected from the oldest parts of his library -- dust that had now been brought deep into her sinuses. He removed the beaker from her nostril, eager to see his plan come to fruition.

“Ah, indeed you might, monster. But, that is precisely my intention: to make you sneeze the largest sneeze one has ever witnessed! As we speak, you should slowly begin to feel the dust from that vial work its way into the deepest recesses of your nasal passages.”

The tiny man was right. Brodia felt a burning tickle erupt inside her right nostril, like someone had lit a tiny torch inside of her. She snorted violently.

“Snnrk!...I don’t...,” she said, wiggling her nose, “...I don’t give out...stuhh-huuff...snrrk!...fer free tuh n-nobody!”

Brodia didn’t know why this stupid wizard wanted so desperately to see her sneeze. Maybe he was using her in some kind of ritual, maybe he thought to humiliate her, or maybe he just got his kicks from making giantesses sneeze. No matter what it was, Brodia was staunchly determined he wouldn’t get his way.

“Y-yer nuh-not...SNNRK!...makin’ me...huh...sneeze!”

Brodia’s options were severely limited given her immobility, only being able to move her face. This she did profusely, snorting and sniffing ferociously, and twitching, wiggling, and scrunching her nose in every imaginable direction. Finally, after a minute of this stubborn resistance, her efforts were rewarded, and she felt the sneeze fade out in her nose.

“Sniff...yer lucky dat was just dust, ya magic mite,” Brodia warned, her large nose turning slightly red and runny. “If ya had made me sneeze when I didn’t want tuh, I’d turn ya intuh paste the second I got out of ‘ere!”

Brodia was still paralyzed, but she was constantly thinking of moving every which way in preparation for that exact second.

Erlan saw that the dust had failed, but his captive had just given him a clever idea. He began to feign fear and regret.

“Oh, my deepest, sincerest apologies, m’lady! I see now that I have been much too brazen in my endeavors, and I do not wish my life to be forfeit over such an obviously misguided effort. I shall free you immediately, but, I must be made aware, Your Greatness, of one thing. What is it that makes you sneeze most? I ask so that I may avoid carelessly exposing you to it in the future, since it most displeases you much to sneeze unwillingly.”

Brodia could hardly understand a word this windbag was saying, but she felt like she got the gist of it from his tone and a few keywords.

“Ah, a tiny wit’ some sense,” she mused. “I’ll let ya go fer now, but don’t think of comin’ back ‘less ya got somethin’ to give. An’ ya best be avoidin’ dem small blue flowers dat grow in clumps out in duh fields. Dem’s duh worst fer me.”

Brodia was at least somewhat merciful, but what she was not  (in any sense of the word) was clever. She had played right into the mage’s hands.

“Oh, thank you for your bountiful mercies, great giantess! I shall free you posthaste. Just allow me to find the proper release spell,” Erlan said as he flipped through the pages of his spellbook.

Of course, he had no intention of actually freeing her just yet. He had come a long way to finish his enchantment, and he was not leaving without it. Instead, he found his way to the page in his spellbook marked “Pollinosis.” He knew precisely which species of flower the giantess was referring to, and with this spell, he would be able to wield it against her. He began to recite the verbal components of the spell while his body performed the necessary motions. A few moments later, a puff of yellow dust shot from his hand all the way up to Brodia’s nose.

Brodia had watched the little spellcaster perform his song and dance, and she expected to feel the motion return to her arms and legs at any moment. Instead, she felt a light whiff of air hit her upper lip, causing her to recoil slightly.

“Bah! Looks like ya mighta messed up dere. I still can’t...”

Brodia was cut off as the cloud of what was now obviously pollen grains got vacuumed into her two cavernous nostrils. Her eyes immediately began to water.

“Hoo! HUUH...y-yuh...HUUUH...HUUUUUUUH...”
     Brodia wanted to begin cursing out the arrogant little ant, but the need to sneeze hit her in the face like a charging rhino.

“HUUUUUUH...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!”

Brodia’s nostrils twitched pleadingly in and out as she fought not to take in air. Her watery eyes had shut tight, and her mouth gaped open, desperate to inhale anyway. As a last ditch effort, Brodia held her breath completely, locking herself into her precarious pre-sneeze position indefinitely.

Erlan, however, was prepared for this situation already. He magically lifted a feather up and into the giantess’ gaping nose and gave it a good wiggle.

“E’SHYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

The sneeze tore out of Brodia’s nose almost the instant the feather touched it. A loud rush of wind raced its way through the room, scattering bones, furs, and sod and lifting Erlan up into the air before smashing him into the dirt wall behind him.

There was no available research on giantess sneezes, and Erlan had never heard or seen one for himself. So, he was completely caught off guard by the maelstrom that exploded out of Brodia. Luckily, he was not caught so off guard that he missed his chance to harness the sneeze’s essence; he did so perfectly, and he could feel the silver ring become infused with power. It would be until dawn before it was ready to use, but he had completed his quest. Unluckily, the sudden shock of being hit by the sneeze and thrown into a wall had broken his concentration on his Hold Monster spell.

Brodia felt herself able to move again. She instantly adjusted her stance so that her feet were a shoulder width apart. Her right hand hovered to her side and above hip level while her left hand shot up to her face and began scrubbing vigorously under her nose with its index finger. Once she felt she had scratched enough, she opened her eyes and saw that her tremendous sneeze had accidentally blown her dress open. After grunting and regaining her modesty, she found the stunned wizard laying on the ground. He had just begun to drag himself up, and Brodia seized the opportunity to seize him.

Erlan’s vision was slowly coming back, and his dizziness was fading fast, but he soon found himself with a different problem. He was suddenly crushed on all sides by the massive hand of a hill giantess he had just thoroughly provoked to anger. He was brought up to eye level with her, and he was able to observe that she was, in fact, very angry. But, there was something else written on her face too.

“A’right ya little pest! Let’s see how ya like being eaten a-alive...huh...” Brodia threatened, though she was already beginning to lose control of herself again.

“HUH....HUUUUH!...”

She tried to scrub her nose to no avail

“HUUUH...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!”

Erlan’s eyes widened as he not only saw but felt the giantess’ new hitched breaths. He tried to mutter a spell to free himself from her grasp, but his fear made him stutter and fumble over the words. He watched her streaming eyes close again.

“HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!”

Brodia’s nostrils flared terribly, aimed right at the miscreant in her hand.

“HUUUUH’KKKKSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Erlan’s torso received the full brunt of the sneeze. His hair was lifted and thrown to one side, his cloak and half of his robe was torn right off of him, and his skin was instantly windburnt. A very light moisture made his skin glisten softly. A second after the fact, he managed to pull himself together just long enough to recite the words he needed for his Teleport spell, and he simply vanished from giantess’ hand.

“That...little...HUUUUUUH....HUUUUUUUH’KKSHOOOOOOOO!!” Brodia began before being silenced by another violent outburst.

“I’ll...HUUUUH’KKSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!...I’ll get ‘im...HAAAAH’SHOOOOOOOOOOO!!...j-just as...HRRUHHH’SHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!....as soon as I...I...EHHHHH!!...YEEEEEEEEH’SHHEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

This latter sneeze was much higher pitched than Brodia’s normal fair, but this only seemed to make it more powerful as it tore the hide door right off of her house and sent it fluttering into the field.

“Just as soon as I stop sneezin’...sniff...HUUUUH’SHOOOOOOOOO!!”

She scrubbed at her nose again, moving her head as well as her hand to increase the speed of the action.

“HRRRRRR’SHOOOOOOOOOO!!!...bleh!...thrice-damned wizard...” Brodia swore, wishing she still had the pest in her grasp.

Brodia would be busy sneezing for a while. Meanwhile, Erlan sat in a chair by his private hearth, rolling his new Ring of Whirlwinds around in his hands. He sat pondering it and the process of making it -- all the trouble he had gone through to have it. He wondered if there was any way he could have made the process easier. Then, something came to his mind.

“Perhaps I should be the first to publish a paper on giantess sneezes.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end.

What a great continuation! I really enjoyed the of Erlan needing her sneezes. 

I can’t wait to see what you have next in store!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...