Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ice Cold (F/F Korrasami! Legend of Korra)

wannablessedbe

Oh hai beautiful people! It has been a pretty long while since I posted anything new. But I recently saw Legend of Korra for the first time and I am having big gay feels. This was the first canon queer ship in an all-ages animated show! And I love them so much! There are also canon comics that come after the show, made by the series creators, and they are waaaaay more gay! Korra and Asami are such incredible characters and bicons. They are both so capable and badass, Korra is the freaking Avatar and Asami is a legit engineering genius who can fix ANYTHING even in the midst of BATTLE, and...I heart them.

So this story takes place in the post-show canon comics timeline, sometime after Korra has introduced Asami to her parents; maybe like 6 months to a year after that. NOTE: Korra and Asami's canonical ages in the final season are 21 and 22; so here they are 22 and 23 (Asami is a year older).

ENJOY :)

…………………………

Ice Cold

A Korrasami Fic!

…………………………

On their last morning vacationing in the Southern Water Tribe, Korra was woken rather abruptly from her sleep by the rumbly, vibrating noises coming from the warm body curled beside her; Asami was coughing in her sleep. With a soft yawn, the Avatar snuggled closer to her girlfriend and slid a hand across her shuddering back, rubbing slow circles.

“Hey…” Korra mumbled, pushing herself up on one elbow to lean over her girlfriend and smooth the mussed locks of dark hair back from the other girl’s face. “Asami? You okay?”

Asami’s hoarse coughing faded as she opened her green eyes. She blinked up at Korra woozily, but with a smile already lighting up her face as she gazed up at her girlfriend. “Hey you,” she murmured, her voice a little husky still, from sleep or her coughing fit or both. “What’s wrong?” Asami croaked softly, reaching a pale hand out from under the covers to stroke Korra’s cheek and tuck an errant lock of hair back behind her ear.

“What’s wrong is I think I’ve kept you out in the cold too much all week,” the mocha-skinned girl sighed, catching Asami’s hand against the side of her face and kissing it. “And now you’re getting sick.”

“I am?” the taller girl pushed herself woozily up into a sitting position with a yawn, which immediately turned into a cough again. Korra sat up too, her hand resting warm and solid on Asami’s back, rubbing light circles with her thumb. Asami wrapped one arm across her face and turned slightly away from her girlfriend to shield her. It was a dry cough; but definitely couldn’t be confused with a passing ‘I just inhaled some dust’ kind of cough. There was a deep, slightly rattling sound to it that the Avatar didn’t like one bit. “Oh,” Asami sighed defeatedly when the coughing bout passed. 

“Poor Sami,” Korra cooed, snuggling up as close as possible to the taller girl and wrapping both arms snugly around her, plus a leg. “And now we have to travel back through the spirit world to Republic City…you’re gonna be so miserable.”

“You don’t have to fret so much, my big strong Avatar,” Asami grinned sleepily, relaxing into her girlfriend’s strong arms and trailing her fingers absently over Korra’s, twining them together. “I’m fine, it’s just a cough. I’ll have some licorice root tea with breakfast, hmm? It’s just a minor inconvenience. Nothing worth fussing over.”

“See, that’s where you’re wrong,” Korra hummed, nuzzling her face into her girlfriend’s shiny black hair before pulling back to kiss her forehead, surreptitiously checking for a fever; but Asami’s skin was cool to the touch. “You are always worth fussing over, baby.” Asami beamed, a warm blush spreading across her pale face. 

“Well. When you put it like that…” the brilliant young CEO giggled and pressed a kiss to her girlfriend’s warm cheek. Korra pouted. 

“Real kiss please,” the shorter girl frowned, tapping her lips.

“Oh, baby…please don’t pout. It hurts my heart,” Asami sighed, tangling one hand into her girlfriend’s tousled, shortish hair. “I’m just trying to protect you. Why should we both be sick?”

“I thought it was ‘nothing but a minor inconvenience,’” Korra teased, flashing her devilish grin. Asami rolled her eyes.

“Well, if I’m going to be inconvenienced then you are too. You can live without kisses for a few days.” The taller girl winked and rolled out of bed, wrapping her arms around herself with a little shiver as soon as she was out of the warm, thick fur blankets. “C’mon, let’s get everything packed up, and…and then…w-we can…” Asami’s breath swelled up and trembled in her chest, then fell, and rose again teasingly. Her head fell back a little, and a crinkle formed between her eyebrows. She blinked hazily at Korra before wrapping her arm snugly across her face again. 

“Hhhk’iiIIIHhshxew!!! *snghf.*” Asami bowed forward involuntarily into the shuddering sneeze, her long hair draping forward as she bent and then swinging back again as she straightened up. “Whoa,” she laughed a little, feeling slightly embarrassed as she rubbed her nose against the inside of her arm. “Sorry. That was…*snghhf* …somewhat dramatic. What was I saying?”

“You were saying that it’s time for me to pack our stuff, so you can go to the kitchen and let my mom make you some tea,” Korra sighed, her voice warm but authoritative at the same time. She crossed to the dresser in the corner and rustled around for a moment, coming out with a neatly folded square of plain white fabric, and passed it wordlessly to her sniffling girlfriend. Asami wiped her nose gingerly and gave a soft blow into the fabric while Korra played with her hair.

“Well if you insist,” Asami sighed, a smile curling the corner of her mouth at how sweet and doting Korra was being with her. “But can I at least get dressed first?”

…………………………………………..

It didn’t take very long for Korra to pack everything up from their week of vacation, and when she got to the kitchen she was pleased to see her girlfriend sitting at the table with her hands curled around a gently steaming cup of tea. There was plenty of food on the table, but Asami hadn’t taken a plate. 

“You’re not eating?” the Avatar frowned, raising an eyebrow.

“I was waiting for you,” Asami sighed, rolling her eyes a little even as her lips curled into another unwilling grin. 

“Oh.” Korra grinned back, and they just smiled at each other like idiots for a moment. Then the moment was broken when Asami started coughing again, hastily putting her tea down and grabbing up the cloth handkerchief to cup over her face. Korra crossed to her side in an instant, rubbing her back again. After a few deep coughs, Asami straightened up with a deep, huffy breath that Korra could feel through the hand still resting on her girlfriend’s back.

“Aaahhh…aahtxch’eihhshxew!!! *Snfl*…” The young CEO’s face scrunched up in an utterly helpless expression behind the folded cloth as she doubled over with another huge sneeze, leaving no doubt in the Avatar’s mind that her girlfriend was sick. The kind of sick that was bound to get sicker, sooner rather than later.

“Ughhhh…*snghf.* This is fun,” Asami sighed, rubbing her nose absently in the soft cloth.

“Oh, Sami…” Korra sighed, leaning down to press a long kiss to the top of her girlfriend’s dark head. Asami leaned against her a little, and didn’t say anything. “I’ve got you, shh. We won’t go home today, okay? You need to go back to bed and let me take care of you. Republic City isn’t going anywhere, they can live without us for another week.” Korra’s voice had gone soft-yet-commanding again; it was the voice Asami thought of as her own “Personal Avatar” voice. Somewhere between normal caring-and-maybe-overprotective girlfriend, and savior of all humanity. The taller girl sighed wearily.

“Honestly, Kor. I appreciate the attentiveness, but let’s not go overboard, all right? I’m barely even sick, it’s just a cold. Now sit, and we can enjoy the last bit of our vacation.”

Korra sighed and chewed her lip, but didn’t argue, sitting beside her girlfriend at the large table. “I’m sorry if I’m being a little…” the Avatar blushed and shook her head, unable to come up with the right word for how she was being at the moment. Asami just grinned at her, reaching out to stroke Korra’s cheek in reassurance. 

“It’s okay, Kor,” the young CEO murmured. “It’s sweet…you’re sweet. And I love you.”

“I love you too,” Korra beamed, catching Asami’s hand against her cheek and lacing their fingers together. “I just don’t like to see you suffer. I hope it is just a regular cold, and not the Southern Ice Cold.”

“Excuse me? The what?” Asami raised an eyebrow, and Korra groaned and bit her lip again when she realized her girlfriend had no idea what she was talking about.

“Well…the good news is you can only get it once,” the Avatar sighed, studying her girlfriend’s pale face; paler than usual, Korra thought. Asami was always fair-skinned, but there was ‘fair-skinned’ and then there was ashen pallor. Korra also thought her girlfriend’s usually-sparkling green eyes had a dull, exhausted sheen that even long nights in her workshop didn’t produce. The bottom of her nose still shined with a thin coat of clear, watery snot that hadn’t been completely wiped away. Korra just wanted to hug her. Like, forever.

“What’s the bad news?” Asami asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“It’s just really miserable,” Korra sighed regretfully, playing with a long lock of her girlfriend’s shiny hair. “You get these awful shaking chills, and you’ll cough until your ribs hurt. You’re swimming in snot for a week, sometimes two. Kids here usually get it by the time they’re eight or nine, and we just keep them in the steam huts all day until it’s over. I’ve heard that if you get it as an adult, it’s even worse.”

“Well that sounds lovely,” Asami groaned, rubbing her temple absently. “Let’s hope it’s not that, then.”

“I just want to make things easy for you right now, baby. Will you let me do that?” Korra asked softly, a strangely vulnerable look in her deep blue eyes. Just the idea of Asami being that miserable, was making Korra miserable. It made the young CEO’s heart thump painfully in her chest, just seeing the look her girlfriend was giving her.

“Of course I will, Kor,” Asami hummed, taking both of Korra’s hands in her own and pressing their foreheads together for a moment in peaceful silence. Then a loud rumble from the Avatar’s stomach made them both giggle and break apart; and, again, Asami’s soft giggle turned into a sharp cough as she turned away. Oh, Sami, Korra thought again, but didn’t say, as her heart turned over at the rattling sound of her girlfriend’s cough.

“Well, come on, get some breakfast. I know you’re hungry,” Asami nudged her girlfriend lightly in the ribs as she picked up her tea again and held it close to her face, breathing in the steam. 

“Are you gonna eat breakfast?” Korra countered, one hand playing absently with her girlfriend’s hair again. Asami sighed.

“I am hungry…honest, I am,” the taller girl said in a small, miserable voice. “I just…don’t want any of this.” She gestured to the platters heaped with hearty, stick-to-your-ribs Southern Water Tribe delicacies.

“Do you want me to make you some soup?” Korra cooed, wrapping a long lock of Asami’s hair around her finger and leaning in close to kiss her temple. 

“Noooo, I want you to eat,” Asami whined softly, sounding more miserable by the second. That was when Korra’s mom walked in, going straight to the stove and putting on an apron.

“I’ll make the soup, Korra. You listen to your girlfriend and eat breakfast,” Senna announced, in the no-argument mom voice that Korra knew well. “Asami, sweetheart, you go back to bed. I heard you coughing all morning, you sound terrible. No arguments,” She added sternly, just as Asami opened her mouth to protest that she didn’t want to cause a fuss. “I know you’re both very important figures to Republic City, but when you’re in my house, you’re my kids, and I won’t have you running yourself ragged with that awful cold. Spirits willing, it’s not the Southern Ice Cold; but if it is, all the more reason to stay put. The city can get by without the two of you a bit longer.”

Asami opened her mouth automatically to protest and say she didn’t want to inconvenience them, didn’t want to be a burden; but as she looked from Korra, to Senna, and back again, with Senna’s voice saying you’re my kids echoing in her ears, she realized that this is what families were supposed to be like. When you’re sick, your family takes care of you, simply because they want to. She’d been estranged from her dad for so long, and then he died; and even before that, he hadn’t exactly been what anyone would call nurturing. She always knew that he loved her; but he was an extremely busy and important man, and he’d left her in the care of capable nursemaids and household staff for as long as she could remember. She didn’t have any memories of her mom, period. 

“Okay…thank you,” Asami croaked out softly, embarrassed as she felt her eyes filling with tears. Her nose felt wet and tickly, and she sniffled, cupping the white handkerchief back to her face as her breath swelled up again wheezily. Khheiiishxew!!!” Another shuddering sneeze wracked her body, and she coughed uncontrollably for a few long moments, more tears streaming down her face now as Korra rubbed her back and cooed sweet reassurances. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment, even as she told herself she shouldn’t feel this way. She couldn’t help it.

“Oh, Sami…” Korra murmured softly, reaching out to wipe away the taller girl’s tears with her thumb, and pulling her in to kiss her forehead. “C’mon baby, I’ll tuck you in, okay? Let me help you get comfy, and then I’ll come eat breakfast. The food’s not going anywhere.”

“’Kay,” Asami nodded, feeling incredibly loved, and incredibly vulnerable as she took her girlfriend’s hand and allowed herself to be led back to bed. 

Edited by wannablessedbe
9 hours ago, NickG1998 said:

Please continue this amazing story and keep up the great work 

Thank you! I shall continue as soon as I have a chance 😊

Oooh I LOVE Korrasami! And you write them so well! This is Exquisite! I can't wait for more (and my fingers are crossed for Korra to catch this).

6 hours ago, Likesn said:

Oooh I LOVE Korrasami! And you write them so well! This is Exquisite! I can't wait for more (and my fingers are crossed for Korra to catch this).

Yay, thank you! I love them toooOOOooo 

I don’t know these characters, but your writing is, as always, incredible, and I’m so glad to see a new story from you! I can’t wait to see where this goes, it’s wonderful thus far.

This was so adorable!! I love korrasami. I really like the touch of the "southern ice cold", that's clever! 

This is the quality content of these two we need. I love this show, i love both Korra and Asami and i love your work.

Poor Asami. Korra is correct though when she says Asami may get sicker before getting better. :(

Yay!!! So glad ppl are digging this. There will def be more! 💖🧡💛💚💙💜

On 6/30/2020 at 3:40 AM, Germophobe said:

I don’t know these characters, but your writing is, as always, incredible, and I’m so glad to see a new story from you! I can’t wait to see where this goes, it’s wonderful thus far.

Thanks friend! And also u should totally watch the show! The characters are so awesome!!! ❤

Also... I know you’re kind of a Grey’s fan and there has been lots more F/F the last few years... just a thought :)

Hey my dears! Thanks for reading, I'm so happy ppl are on board! Here's another part...Asami does not know how to be needy. At all. 💕

Ice Cold

Part 2

Korra was in the kitchen following her mom’s recipe for a fresh batch of traditional Water Tribe herbal remedies, when Asami crept woozily back into the room after finally waking up from her all-morning nap. She was wrapped up in a big, thick blanket, rubbing her eyes and trembling slightly, even as she gave her girlfriend a warm, sleepy smile. She was as pale as a ghost, and Korra noticed right away that her lips were turning purple. 

“Hey,” Asami murmured hoarsely. “I think I feel better.” She coughed a few times, with the same hollow rattle, pulling the blanket up over her face.

“Oh, Sami…” Korra bit her lip, trying to hold back the puppy-dog pout of sympathy that spread across her face as affection for her girlfriend surged over her in a warm wave. “You’re an adorable mess right now, did you know that?” The Avatar immediately abandoned the herbs she was straining, crossing the kitchen in a few strides to sweep the shivering bundle of her girlfriend into her arms.

“Hmmmm. Korra…” Asami sighed softly, burying her face in her girlfriend’s warm throat. 

“Hey baby,” Korra hummed soothingly, feeling the chill of her girlfriend’s skin against her neck. “You’re freezing, aren’t you?”

“It’s…n-not that bad,” Asami shook her head, pulling back a little. “Just…*snffl*…n-need some tea.” 

“You’re a terrible liar.” Korra grinned affectionately and stood on her tiptoes to kiss the taller girl’s cold forehead. “Now come sit.” 

Asami nodded, her sleepy eyes narrowing as she pulled the rumpled handkerchief out and rubbed the bottom of her nose snugly, shivering inside her blanket. “Khht’chxshh!! *S-snghf.*”

“Bless you.” Korra cooed, privately thinking that the way her girlfriend’s eyebrows quirked when she sneezed was absolutely adorable. Asami gave a huffy, congested little sigh, and allowed her girlfriend to guide her rather forcefully into a seat at the kitchen table. “Poor Sami…you really are a mess, you look so miserable. I’ll bring you some tea and soup, okay baby?” Korra’s fingers were sifting through Asami’s long hair again, soothing and comforting them both.

“It’s n-nothing, Kor…honestly,” Asami persisted stubbornly, her voice as hoarse and croaky as ever. “Just a cold…I took a nap and n-now I feel better…” She rubbed her nose gingerly in the handkerchief again, as her eyes fell half-closed and her mouth fell half-open in unison. “Iiihh’schxuh!!!” she bent over the table with another shivery, sniffly sneeze, which lead directly into another bout of painful-sounding coughs. Korra knelt automatically in the chair beside her, rubbing her back and kissing her temple, cooing over her like a mama turtle-duck.

“Still feeling better, hmm?” The Avatar hummed, the slightest teasing edge to her voice as the taller girl sighed and gingerly blew her nose, bent forward and shivering weakly.

“Ndoe. I lied,” Asami whined miserably, putting her head down on the table in a slump of defeat.

“I know you did, babe,” Korra hummed warmly, slipping her hand down the back of Asami’s blanket and summoning her firebending just enough to cause her hands to radiate warmth; but not enough to ignite. “Why did you think you had to lie, hmm?”

“Ohhhh spirits…your hands are so warm,” Asami moaned happily, glancing up at the shorter girl with a small, exhausted smile. 

“Just think of me as your own personal furnace,” Korra winked, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to her girlfriend’s cold cheek. “Now, what’s with the lying, hmm Ms. Sato? Can’t you tell me when you don’t feel good? Don’t you…don’t you trust me?” Asami glanced up at the wounded note in her girlfriend’s voice, and immediately sat up again to wrap her in a hug.

“Korra, of course I do. I trust you with my life. *Snnfl.*” Asami pulled back a little to wipe her nose with a soft squeeze and a sniffle. “Ughh. I’mb sorry. I just…I don’t know. We’re supposed to go home today, we’re supposed to be doing things…and now you’re stuck taking c-care of mbe…” She tried to turn away from Korra as her breath huffed, soft and deep, while her eyebrows started to quirk in that painfully adorable way again. She folded the white cloth over to a fresh side and cupped it snugly to her runny nose. “Hhh’TSHHXeww!!! *S-snghf.” Asami bent over with another helplessly sick sneeze, followed by a wheezy bout of coughing while Korra played with a lock of her hair.

“Asami Sato, you listen to me right now,” Korra said quietly, in a firm voice as she waited patiently for her girlfriend to finish blowing her stuffy nose. “I could never be stuck taking care of you. How can you say that, or even think it? Were you stuck taking care of me after I was poisoned?”

“Of course not,” Asami gasped, an almost mournful look in her eyes before she bent over and coughed again. “Never…” she croaked, shaking her head as her breathing slowly relaxed. “Korra, you—I mean, I—I don’t know what I mean,” The pale girl shook her head miserably, her eyes suddenly bright with tears. “I’mb sorry…” She folded into Korra’s arms, leaning heavily into her girlfriend’s strong grip as a few cold tears dripped down her face.

“I don’t want you to be sorry, okay Sami? Not for this. Not ever.” Korra’s hands were in Asami’s hair again, the warmth of her firebending fingers seeping into the shivering girl’s scalp, the back of her neck. Asami leaned into the touch like a cat.

“But I amb sorry,” the taller girl protested weakly, looking up again woozily with teary green eyes. “I can’t help it…*snnfl*…I feel sorry.”

“Okay, love. You get to feel however you feel, okay?” Korra dried her girlfriend’s tears with her thumbs, noting how cold they were. It was the Southern Ice Cold, no question. The Avatar knew how disorienting this must be for her girlfriend, who rarely got sick even with normal illnesses. And this was not a normal illness. Korra had never seen her brilliant, tough, commanding girlfriend so weepy and insecure, and it just about tore her heart in two. 

“Please just try to remember that I’m not sorry, okay? I’m not sorry that I’m here taking care of you and helping you feel better…or at least, I’m trying. I don’t think I’m doing a very good job so far.” Korra’s lower lip stuck out in a sympathetic pout, tucking a stray lock of dark hair back behind her girlfriend’s ear. 

“Of course you are…you’re doing the best job,” Asami murmured huskily, catching Korra’s warm hand and holding it against the side of her cold face. “I love you so much, Korra…” The taller girl shivered and looked at her girlfriend though heavy-lidded eyes for a long moment, before pulling her hands back to cup the handkerchief snugly to her runny, pink-tinged nose. She huffed softly behind the cloth, rubbing her nose as her breath caught. “Iiih’hhihxshew!! …*S-snfl*…aahheshxiuh!!!” Asami groaned softly, already exhausted from the sheer volume of sick sneezes and coughs that were gripping her poor, shivering body. The Avatar made a sympathetic little humming noise, steading the taller girl with a warm hand on her shoulder. 

“I love you too.” Korra whispered in her girlfriend’s ear, dropping kisses all over her temple and the side of her face while the pale girl sniffled and blew her nose woozily. “Now let me feed you some tea and soup, or I’m going to lose my entire mind.” Asami laughed croakily and coughed a few times.

“Yeah. Please.” They grinned stupidly at each other for a moment, and Korra pressed one last, lingering kiss to Asami’s pale, chilly cheek before jumping up to gather everything she could think of to make her sweet, wonderful, totally miserable girlfriend feel better.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, gingerbreads said:

super sweet!! love how attentive and wonderful Korra is being.

Thx, I like Korra being soft too ❤❤❤

Asami is way more comfortable being soft when she feels like KORRA needs it... I'm not sure she's so used to this whole "vulnerable" thing herself 😉

Imma just say it again:

This is the quality content of these two we need!!!

17 hours ago, Arty said:

Imma just say it again:

This is the quality content of these two we need!!!

Thanks my dear! I was hoping to update this weekend, but I'm not 100% sure I'll have time today. But the story shall continue, don't worry 😊🌈🌈🌈

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, fieldofflowers said:

When will we see more wonderful writing from you? ☺️

Hey friend! I'm not sure tbh, I've been really exhausted all the time ever since I had COVID in April. It's become a ridiculous challenge for me just to get enough sleep to get up in the morning. I'm kind of just doing all the adulting that has to get done each day and then I crash. But I promise it won't be forever! I'm getting better... just really slowly. 😉