Sneeze Fetish Forum

She Ain't Right (Wayhaught Fic; F/F)

jem

Hi, everyone. I am the longest-time lurker on this site. I've never really posted anything. I thought it was time that changed lol. I wanna shoutout wannablessedbe for your amazing stories. You're the reason I started Wynonna Earp (... and Orphan Black). I love your writing and you've inspired me to try writing myself.

This is the first fic I've ever written. Oof, writing is hard! I gave it my best shot. I hope you all enjoy.

Here we go, chapter 1 of "She Ain't Right," loosely based in season 2 of Wynonna Earp. And don't worry, some cutesy Wayhaught is on the way

P.S. - is anyone currently watching Wynonna Earp? In the most recent episode (402), we got the most AMAZING love scene. I won't spoil it for anyone who might watch, but it's absolutely incredible. I've never seen something sooo perfect! Anyway, on with the story...

It’s barely light outside as the sun rises over the snow-covered mountains in Purgatory. Freezing wind causes the old, rusty windmill to creak in the frigid morning sky. Waverly’s red boots crunch over the frozen grass as she slowly walks out into her driveway, steak-knife in hand. Something is off about her; her eyes are solid black and she’s only wearing a light blue nightgown. As she walks, something below her catches her eye. She bends down slowly and picks it up from the ground;  a pair of dog tags that belong to Deputy Marshal Dolls. As she inspects the tags, she hears a voice call out to her from the house.

“Waves!” Wynonna anxiously yells.

Waverly shakes her head and her eyes go back to normal. She suddenly turns around to face Wynonna.

“You can’t sleep in winter without three duvets and now you’re out here in your nightgown?” Wynonna asks the shivering girl as she fretfully wraps her own coat around Waverly’s shoulders.

“Hey. What are we… what are we doing…?” Waverly asks, shaking like a leaf.

“Looking for breakfast?” Wynonna jokes lamely, as she notices the steak knife in Waverly’s hand.

“Right. You never know when you might find a rabid case of waffles in the wild, huh?” Waverly jokes back, pulling Wynonna’s coat over her arms.

Wynonna looks confusedly at Waverly, wondering why the poor girl was outside in the middle of the winter, at sunrise no less.

“I must’ve been… sleep walking?” Waverly questions.

Wynonna, now shivering herself, asks, “You couldn’t have developed this new fun habit in July?” Her teeth chattered as she wrapped her arms around herself, hair blowing in the wind.

Waverly looked down, scared and ashamed of herself. She began to cry.

Instantly, Wynonna put her hand on Waverly’s shoulder and says, “Hey, it’s okay. We’ll start double-locking the front door.”

Waverly sighed and nodded her head, jamming the dog tags in her coat pocket.

“Can we just go inside?” Waverly asked, “I’m freezing my butt off.”

She hastily started walking back inside and turned around to look at Wynonna, who was still standing in the same spot thinking about how different Waverly has been the past few weeks.

“Well, come on!” Waverly said, “Now you’re the one without a coat.”

Waverly continued inside as Wynonna took a look around to make sure nothing else was off.

“Brr!” Wynonna shivered a final time and set off for her warm house.

Waverly sat on the couch in the living room, shivering lightly. She wrapped a big blanket around herself as she waited for her sister to bring her some tea. Eventually, Wynonna walked into the room, a mug of tea in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other.

“Here you go, baby girl,” Wynonna gently said as she handed the smaller girl the steaming mug.

“Thanks,” Waverly replied, reaching slowly for the tea. She took one sip, then two, as Wynonna sat down with her, covering herself with some of Waverly’s blanket.

“So…” Wynonna said, looking anxiously at Waverly. “This is the third day in a row that I’ve caught you outside at the ass-crack of dawn. You wanna talk to me about it?” Wynonna’s eyebrows raised as she questioned her younger sister.

Waverly looked down, studying her tea, afraid to look up at Wynonna. “I don’t know what’s wrong. Lately, I’ve felt different. Ever since Willa and the arch, I don’t feel… like myself.” She sniffed and raised her hand to her nose, pinching it between her thumb and forefinger.

“It’s okay, baby girl,” Wynonna said, reassuring Waverly with a soothing voice that was reserved for her baby sister only. “We’ll figure something out. We always do, but for now, I want you to get comfy and enjoy your tea. You’re freezing.” Wynonna frowned, noticing the younger girl was still shivering despite being wrapped up in a big blanket. She put her arm around Waverly and rubbed her back.

“Okay… thanks” Waverly said, sighing and snuggling into Wynonna’s arm. Waverly sniffed again and her breath began to tremble and hitch. She quickly shifted away from Wynonna and ducked her face into her elbow.

Nngxchiew!” Waverly half-stifled a small, high-pitched sneeze. She sniffled and rubbed her nose on the back of her hand.

“Bless you, baby girl,” Wynonna gently murmured, reaching for a box of tissues on the table in front of them.

“Ugh, thanks” Waverly said, sighing quietly. She grabbed a tissue and softly dabbed at her chilled nose.

“I hope you’re not getting sick,” Wynonna said, trying to catch the younger girl’s eyes, which were still looking down.

“No, I’m okay,” Waverly said, chuckling ruefully, “Just a little cold still. Nothing a little tea and a warm blanket can’t fix.”

Wynonna looked her sister up and down, wanting to believe that she was okay. Little Waverly, who can’t sleep without three blankets and a bonus blanket, was outside in nothing but a nightgown in below freezing temperatures.

“Okay, sweet girl, I gotta get to Black Badge. Do you wanna stay here and warm up a bit and I’ll meet you there later?” Wynonna asked, hoping Waverly would take a beat and take care of herself.

“Yeah, that sounds good,” Waverly said, looking up at Wynonna, who noticed her cheeks and the tip of her nose were slightly red.

“Alrighty then,” Wynonna kissed the top of Waverly’s head and got up from the couch to go get ready. As she walked down the hall, she heard another soft sneeze from her baby sister. She is definitely getting sick, Wynonna thought. But it’s nothing one over-protective redhead can’t fix.

Wynonna walked into Purgatory’s Sheriff’s Office looking for Officer Haught. As she turned the corner, she saw Nicole sitting at her desk filling out paperwork.

“Hey, Haught stuff, how’s it goin’?” Wynonna asked the red-headed cop.

“Oh, hey Wynonna. It’s going,” Nicole replied, looking up and immediately noticing the absence of her girlfriend. She frowned. “Where’s Waverly?”

Wynonna walked closer to Nicole, lowering her voice. “I think I’m finally noticing something different about Waverly, like you said. I caught her outside this morning in nothing but a nightgown and a steak knife in her hand.”

“Only her nightgown?” Nicole asked, shocked. “But she gets cold easily.”

“Yeah, I know, Haught shot. I think her early morning rendezvous caught up with her and she’s starting to get sick. I told her to warm up and meet me here later, but maybe you could go to the homestead and check on her?” Wynonna asked with some worry in her voice.

Nicole heard the anxiety in Wynonna’s voice, which was very uncommon for the Earp heir. If there was one thing that made Wynonna nervous, it was when Waverly’s safety was threatened.

“Yeah, sure, I’ll go and check on her. I’ll bring her some soup.” Nicole said sweetly, smiling to herself, knowing she was able to help Waverly feel better.

“Cool, thanks, Haught. I owe you one,” Wynonna winked, grabbed a donut and made her way to Black Badge.

Nicole grabbed her keys, and dialed the number to order her sweet girlfriend her favorite food. Sweet and sour soup with a dollop of peanut butter, Nicole thought. She chuckled, dimples popping, and her heart fluttered at the thought of Waverly. I’m on my way, baby.  

Nicole’s patrol car pulled into the Earp homestead. She got out, soup in hand, and made her way to the front door. As she walked inside, she heard muffled coughing coming from the living room. Nicole rounded the corner and saw her sweet girlfriend curled up on the couch under a mound of blankets.

“Hey, baby,” Nicole hummed sweetly, sitting next to Waverly, who was shivering intensely. Nicole set the soup on the table in front of them and put her arm around her girl. Waverly snuggled into Nicole’s arm and sniffled softly.

“Hey,” Waverly said softly, “What are you doing here?”

“Wynonna said you were feeling a little under the weather so I thought I’d come and check on you. I brought you some soup,” Nicole said, smiling brightly at Waverly.

“Thanks, baby. You’re the bestest,” Waverly mumbled against her girlfriend’s throat, firmly cuddled into Nicole’s arms. Nicole kissed the top of her head and set her forehead against Waverly’s, staying there for a moment. Suddenly, Waverly’s breath hitched against Nicole’s chest.

Ahh… heh…” Waverly’s breath rose and fell rapidly. She sat up, Nicole’s arm tightening around her waist, and she turned away from her red-headed girlfriend.

Hetchhiew!” Waverly softly sneezed into her elbow. She sniffled and rubbed her nose against her arm.

“Bless you,” Nicole murmured, softly tucking a strand of Waverly’s hair behind her ear.

“Thank you,” Waverly sighed and plopped back into her girlfriend’s arms with another shiver.

“How are you feeling, baby? Are you okay?” Nicole asked, cupping her hand around Waverly’s face.

“Yeah, I’m fide. *snff* Just a little cold. I’ll be ready to go to Black Badge soon.”

Nicole laid the back of her hand against Waverly’s forehead. It felt a little warm. She then kissed Waverly’s temple and let her lips linger there for a moment. Waverly sighed happily and leaned into Nicole’s warmth. They sat there quietly for a few minutes, Nicole rubbing circles on Waverly’s back. The smaller girl was sniffling softly every so often like clockwork. Nicole looked to the table and noticed the tissues. She grabbed the box and offered them to her girlfriend just in time.

Hhtchxshh!” Waverly sneezed into a tissue and finally decided to blow her nose. She sounded awfully congested.

“Bless you, baby.”

“Hmmm, thank you,” Waverly hummed tiredly, dropping her hands into her lap. She nuzzled her head against Nicole’s shoulder and sighed softly.

“Waves, what do you think about staying here for the day? I can take the rest of the day off and we can cuddle and watch movies.” Nicole looked down at the younger girl, smiling lovingly. She continued, softly, “It’s been a while since we’ve taken an actual break. I think we deserve it.” She decidedly said “we” to prevent her girlfriend from not wanting to cause fuss on her own behalf. Nicole ran her hand through Waverly’s hair, stopping to rest her palm against Waverly’s neck, her thumb grazing the sniffly girl’s cheek. She leaned in and kissed Waverly soundly, feeling the tiniest bit of moisture from Waverly’s runny nose.

“Sorry,” Waverly sheepishly said, sniffing and wiping her nose on her sleeve.

“Don’t be sorry, baby. I don’t mind.” Nicole beamed at her girlfriend and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

“I guess we could stay home today. Let me text Wynonna to make sure everything’s okay there.”

Waverly started looking around for her phone, but before she could find it, a ragged cough overpowered her. Nicole rubbed her back and decided to ger her some water.

Nicole walked back into the living room and sat next to Waverly, who had glassy eyes and red cheeks. Nicole couldn’t help but notice just how adorable her girlfriend looked. She handed over the water with a kiss to Waverly’s forehead.

“Thanks,” Waverly graciously accepted the water and drank it slowly.

“You’re welcome, cutie. So… how about we go upstairs and get a little more comfy?” Nicole wiggled her eyebrows goofily and Waverly smiled and giggled. Nicole stood up, intertwining her fingers with Waverly’s, and they set off upstairs.

Thank you all for your replies. It really inspires me to keep going! I'm working on another part, so just hang tight and thanks for reading!!

Aw, awesome!! Right in the wayhaught feels. It’s nice to finally see some other Wynonna Earp fics around here!

I’ve been thinking of writing up another fic (I think I only have one up, from a couple months back) but I am sooo indecisive. I think season 4 really has me loving angsty Nicole, so I think I might try that! And who knows if I’ll ever actually get around to it.. but season 4 (and your fic!) has gotten me inspired :) 

Thank you! I love your fic, I’ve read it a dozen times lol. I’m loving angsty Nicole too and I’m hoping we’ll get to see Waverly taking care of her 

Hey, friends! Here's another part. Hope you enjoy :)

"She Ain't Right"

Part 3

Within ten minutes of laying down and putting on a movie, Waverly fell asleep. Nicole was a little worried, but was happy overall that Waverly was finally getting the break she deserved. Lately, Nicole noticed changes in Waverly; she was sometimes mean, cruel even, but today, her Waverly was with her. She was cuddled up and softly snoring with her mouth open slightly. Nicole’s arm was pinned down by her girl’s sleeping body, but she couldn’t be more content about her position. She looked down at Waverly and smiled, taking in her beautiful girlfriend’s appearance. She loved watching her sleep. She loved Waverly’s long eyelashes and her cute button nose. Honestly, she just loves Waverly.

Nicole was lying on her back, her arm cuddled under Waverly’s head, as she stroked her fingers through long, brown hair. Waverly’s head was nuzzled against Nicole’s chest, her arm strewn across the redhead’s torso. Waverly sniffled, eyes opening slowly. She moved her hand off Nicole’s waist and rubbed her palm against her nose sleepily. Suddenly, her breath caught and she hurriedly squeezed her nose between her fingers.

Hnngxhiew” Waverly did her best to stifle her sneeze, not wanting to mist Nicole’s chest.

“Bless you, cutie,” Nicole murmured sweetly, leaning in to kiss the top of Waverly’s head.

“Thadks… sorry. That was gross.”

“You are many things, Waverly Earp, and gross is definitely not one of them.”

Waverly grinned and looked up at Nicole, who was smiling at her like she was the only person on earth. Sitting up, Waverly took her girlfriend’s face in her hands and kissed her softly and slowly. Nicole smiled through the kiss, eventually pulling away, sensing Waverly’s lack of breath. She sounded pretty congested.

“You taste like my Waverly again,” Nicole cheerfully added, dimples popping. Waverly looked deeply into Nicole’s eyes and kissed her again, a little longer this time.

Once they separated, Waverly yawned and rubbed at her eyes. “What tibe is it?”

“It’s a little after 5, baby. Are you hungry?”

“Uhh, ndot really,” she tried to sniffle, but she was too congested.

“Aww, baby, let’s get you some medicine,” Nicole hummed, resting her hand on Waverly’s forehead, feeling for a temperature. She felt warmer than earlier.

“Yeah, oh-,” Waverly was cut off by a sharp cough. Immediately after she finished coughing, she drew in a large breath, keeping her arm wrapped around her face. “Hxchtchh!... heh… Hitchxxiew!” *sniff!*

Bless you, baby.”

“Thandks,” Waverly said croakily.

“How about I go heat up that soup I got you earlier. It might help with your congestion, along with some medicine.” Nicole ran her fingers through Waverly’s long hair and leaned in, pressing her lips to the smaller girl’s temple.

“Yeah, that souds good. What are you godda have, sweetie? You’ve been my human pillow all day, I bet you’re huggry.” Waverly pawed at her nose, trying to relieve the incessant itch.

“Don’t worry about me, baby. I can find something downstairs.” Nicole smiled, thinking about how Waverly was sick and tired and was still thinking about the needs of others.

Waverly pinched her nose and sighed. When her fingers released their grip, her breathing quickened and she gasped softly.

“Hitchhhx… itschxx… heh… Hitshxxiew!” Waverly groaned, wiping her nose in the crook of her elbow.

“Bless you, cutie… let me go get you some tissues.” Nicole frowned, feeling such sympathy for her poor girlfriend.

“Thadk you,” Waverly’s voice was soft and pouty. She sniffled, but her nose kept running. She pulled the blanket tighter around her, beginning to shiver again. “Why did I have to choose now to start sleepwalking?” She grumbled to herself. Just as she was relaxing into her blanket, she began to cough. And cough.

“Poor baby,” Nicole murmured as she walked back into the bedroom with a box of tissues. “Here you go. This’ll help with your sniffles.”

“Thandks, babe.” Waverly blew her nose and received temporary relief from that incessant tickle in her nose, only to be greeted with a tickle in her throat. A brittle cough rattled her body as Nicole rubbed her back.

“Lemme get that medicine and I’ll heat up your soup, cutie.”

Waverly was finally able to get a breath and she just nodded to her girlfriend, too tired to speak. Nicole hurried downstairs, not wanting to leave her girlfriend too long. Waverly curled up, sniffling, and closed her eyes.

Please, please, please keep it up!! I’m dying for more Wynonna Earp fics. And I love how fluffy your writing is. You write wayhaught perfectly :) 

Thank you so much! I’m working on part 4. Reading your story has gotten me excited for Nicole to take the spotlight. Maybe some contagion? :) 

AAAHHHH! YES! HELLO! So happy and psyched to see this!!! I love it. Love the fluff, the tenderness, the vulnerability. You write Wayhaught wonderfully! (And I'm so flattered to have inspired you!)

Can't wait for more 💖💖💖🧡💛💚💙💜

On 8/11/2020 at 6:43 PM, FadedRose said:

Aw, awesome!! Right in the wayhaught feels. It’s nice to finally see some other Wynonna Earp fics around here!

I’ve been thinking of writing up another fic (I think I only have one up, from a couple months back) but I am sooo indecisive. I think season 4 really has me loving angsty Nicole, so I think I might try that! And who knows if I’ll ever actually get around to it.. but season 4 (and your fic!) has gotten me inspired :) 

AAAHHHHH YES! Angsty S4 Nicole is just punching me in the feels so harrrd. I've been thinking about doing a fic for her too (but PLEASE write yours, idk when I'll get to it).

I LOVE SEEING MOAR WAYHAUGHT 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

I'm super happy you guys are enjoying the story. Sorry for the delay! Here's the next part....

🌈🌈 🌈🌈 (love these lol)

"She Ain't Right"

Part 4

Downstairs, Nicole put the soup on the stove and rummaged through the cupboards looking for cold medicine. Frustrated at not finding any, she pulled out her phone and texted Wynonna.

Hey, Waverly’s pretty sick and there’s no cold medicine here. Could you get some on your way home?

Sure thing, Haught stuff. I’ll be home soon.

Nicole smirked slightly at one of the many nicknames Wynonna had for her. She stirred the soup slowly and preheated the oven for a vegan, gluten-free pizza for herself. Nicole sighed and smiled to herself, thinking, the things I would do for Waverly. As she thought of Waverly, the sweet girl herself came shuffling into the kitchen, draped in her comfy purple bathrobe.

“Hey sweetie, what are you doing out of bed?” Nicole wrapped herself around Waverly, hugging her tight.

“I got lonely,” she whimpered against Nicole’s chest.

“Aww, baby,” Nicole hummed, kissing Waverly’s forehead and releasing one of her arms to stir the soup. They stood there quietly, Nicole’s arm rubbing circles on Waverly’s back, the soft purple plush cascading through her fingers. Waverly nuzzled her head into Nicole’s neck and closed her eyes. She felt safest and at home in Nicole’s arms and she didn’t ever want to leave. Unfortunately, a tickle in her nose forced her hand. She pinched her nostrils, hoping to quell the itch. Thinking the irritation was gone, she sniffled. Immediately, she turned her head away from her girlfriend’s neck, knowing what was coming next.

Waverly brought her robe-covered elbow up hastily. “Hitchxx’ew…  Hxchtchh!” She sneezed twice, barely taking a breath before she broke into a chesty cough.

Nicole turned her attention away from the soup and rested her hand on Waverly’s upper back, waiting for the coughing fit to subside.  “Bless you,” she nearly whispered, a sadness in her voice. She hated seeing Waverly this miserable.

“Thadks,” Waverly sighed, looking up at Nicole. She could tell Nicole felt bad for her. “Dod’t worry, I’b fide. Some medicide will kick this cold to the curb.” She smiled slightly and rested her hand on Nicole’s neck before embracing her again.

“Sorry, Waves, there’s no medicine here, but I’ve got Wynonna on it. She’ll be home soon.”

Waverly nodded against Nicole’s chest tiredly, yawning softly.

“Okay baby, let’s get you to the couch while I finish making us dinner,” Nicole held onto Waverly, guiding her to the couch in the living room. She helped the younger girl lay down and wrapped her in a blanket with a kiss to her head. Waverly’s eyes were closed the second she hit the couch and Nicole smiled warmly at her. Lingering for just a moment to steal a few more glances at sleepy Waverly, Nicole turned around and went back to the kitchen.

In the living room, Waverly shivered and her nose began to run. She managed to barely open her eyes and look around for tissues. Unable to see any, she sniffed repeatedly, too tired to stand up. Doing so irritated her throat and she coughed harshly into her robe. She groaned, wishing Nicole were beside her cuddling. Come on, she thought to herself. You’re being ridiculous. Be stronger. We don’t have time for this. Feeling somewhat satisfied with her little pep talk, Waverly pulled herself up. The room rippled as her mind fought to catch up to her new upright position. She closed her eyes and pushed her fingers to her temple, rubbing methodically to relieve a pounding headache.

“Ugh,” Waverly groaned. The thought of even attempting to get up exhausted her. Limbs shaking, she warily stood up and shuffled to the bathroom. She fumbled to turn on the lights and was shocked by her appearance; her eyes were red and puffy, her nose chafed and a bright pink, and her cheeks were flushed with color. “Oh, boy,” she sighed. “All right, what can we do about this?” She splashed cool water on her face, hoping to bring down her oncoming fever. She blew her nose and applied a little bit of concealer in a feeble attempt to hide her rugged appearance. She didn’t need Nicole or Wynonna worrying about her. They have enough to deal with. She gave herself a quick smile in the mirror before heading back to her spot on the couch.

Waverly plopped down on the couch and immediately burrowed into her pile of blankets, feeling cold after her brief trip to the bathroom. Intense shivering rattled her small body as she tried to get warm under her blankets. Just as the feeling of sleep began to wash over her, Waverly heard the front door open.

Wynonna clambered in noisily, not realizing Waverly was on the couch. Her hands were full of grocery bags, blocking 90% of the view in front of her. “Hey Haught…” Wynonna called as she passed by Waverly’s weak form. Looking down to watch her step, she noticed her sweet little sister under a mountain of blankets. “Oh shit, sorry baby girl. I didn’t see you there,” Wynonna hurriedly quieted her voice to not further disturb Waverly. “How ya feeling, kiddo?”

“I’b okay. Just cold,” Waverly’s teeth chattered as she tried to seem her usual upbeat self. Wynonna saw right through it. She decided not to push the subject.

“Okay, good,” Wynonna murmured. “I got some medicine. How about you have some before you actually get sick?”

“If you thindk so…” the younger girl half-whispered.

“All right, baby girl. I’m gonna go to the kitchen. Be back in a sec.”

Waverly nodded, closing her eyes. Wynonna looked at her sister for a few moments then went to the kitchen where Nicole was stirring soup and taking out something out of the oven that somewhat resembled a pizza.

“Oh my god, Haught, what is that?” Wynonna’s face was contorted into mock fear when she saw the vegan, gluten-free pizza.

“Ha ha, Wynonna,” Nicole brushed off the remark. She continued in a serious tone, “did you get the cold meds?”

“Yeah, it’s right here,” Wynonna set down her supplies and rustled through the bags. Nicole heard some clinking.

“Did you really, Wynonna?”

“Did I what?”

“Waste time buying alcohol when Waverly needed cold medicine?”

Wynonna thought a moment then replied, defeated, “Okay, yeah. I mean, I was at the store anyway.”

Nicole rolled her eyes at the Earp heir, crossing her arms and standing tall.

“Enough with the discipline, Haught. I got some food too. Some real food and not whatever the hell that is,” Wynonna motioned to the flat disc on the stovetop.

Nicole surrendered her stance, accepting Wynonna’s offer. “Well, thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” Wynonna said in her snarky, yet sarcastic tone. She gave Nicole a smile so the redhead knew she was joking.

As the two smirked at each other, they heard Waverly begin to cough in the other room.

“All right, Haught stuff. Quit goofing around. We have a sick Waverly to take care of. Back to business.”

Nicole smiled and rolled her eyes again, taking the cold meds with her as she made her way to her baby’s side.

AAAHHHHH thank you I love this! Love Wynhaught teaming up to take care of woozy Waverly. I could read this forever 😍😊😊💖💖

Hey friends, here's another part. I hope you enjoy. I know I enjoy writing it. Wayhaught forever 🌈🌈 🌈🌈

"She Ain't Right"

Part 5

Nicole hurried into the living room and saw Waverly curled up coughing into her blankets. Her head was sticking out from the giant mound surrounding her.  

“Hey, baby,” the redhead purred as she kneeled down next to Waverly. “I got the meds if you can sit up for me?”

Waverly nodded, wiping tears from her face that had gathered during her coughing fit. Nicole helped her girlfriend sit up and sat beside her, holding up her thin frame. Waverly slumped against Nicole, not having the energy to keep herself upright. With Waverly’s head tucked firmly against her shoulder, Nicole poured some medicine into the small cap and offered it to her girl. Waverly downed it quickly, making a face at the taste. Nicole smiled and put her arm around Waverly, rubbing her back.

“I’b sorry I’b sick,” Waverly suddenly said, eyes looking down.

“Hey, baby, please don’t be sorry. I’m sorry you’re not feeling good.” Nicole looked at her sweet girlfriend, hoping to catch her eye. Unable to do so, she raised her arm and gently pushed hair out of Waverly’s face and tucked it behind her ear. She noticed tear tracks on the smaller girl’s face, this time not from coughing. Nicole’s fingers ran through brown hair, and she rested her thumb on Waverly’s face, her palm against her neck. Nicole kissed the younger girl’s temple, then her cheek. Waverly sniffled and swiftly wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Sorry,” the younger girl said, wiping her nose on her robe.

Please… no more apologizing,” Nicole whispered.

Waverly finally looked up to her girlfriend and their eyes locked. Her eyes red and irritated, Waverly sheepishly smiled at Nicole, her intense love for the redhead obvious in her grin. Nicole returned the affection, taking Waverly’s head closer and kissing her clammy forehead. Waverly hovered in her spot, not wanting Nicole’s lips to leave her head. Unfortunately, her nose had other plans. She felt a tickle blossom deep inside her nose.

Heh,” she quietly gasped. “Sorr- heh sorry,” Waverly managed to mumble before turning away from the redhead. She barely turned her face before-- “Hetchhew,” she sneezed towards her lap. She brought her elbow up just in time for the next one. ”Htschxx…” she sighed and inhaled quickly again, not done yet. “Itschhiew.” The poor girl sniffled, pinching her running nose.

“Bless you, cutie. Need a tissue?”

Waverly nodded quickly, keeping her hand on her nose. Nicole rushed to the bathroom and grabbed the tissues. She sat back beside her girlfriend who grabbed a few tissues and blew her nose. She was really congested.

“Thadks,” Waverly sighed. Blowing her nose didn’t relieve the nasal, stuffy quality to her voice.

“Mhmm,” Nicole hummed, “Your soup’s ready. I’ll go get it and we can cuddle together. How’s that sound?”

“Perfect,” Waverly smiled, her nose a bright pink. Nicole beamed at her adorable girlfriend’s appearance and stood up, planting a kiss on the younger girl’s head before heading back to the kitchen.

“I heard those sneezes,” Wynonna said to Nicole, as the redhead entered the kitchen. “Did Waves take the medicine?”

“Yeah, she just did. I’m gonna make sure she eats her soup. Maybe I should make her some tea too. She’s really stuffed up.”

“I got it, Red. You just… go do whatever it is you do to make her feel better. Please remember I’m only one room away. This house has hella thin walls and I’m not tryna be pervy” Wynonna smirked, her dimples popping.

“Geez, Wynonna, relax. She can barely hold her own head up right now… let alone anything else,” Nicole added with a smirk, her own dimples rising to the occasion.

“Wow, Haught shot, you make jokes,” Wynonna looked subtly proud at the redhead and shrugged. “Get back to her, and for the love of god, don’t get sick. Believe it or not, my idea of a fun night isn’t taking care of you two sickos.”

“Thanks for your concern, Wynonna,” Nicole said, rolling her eyes as she put Waverly’s soup in a bowl, garnishing it with a dollop of peanut butter.

Wynonna saw the addition to the soup bowl, raising her eyebrows. Nicole and Wynonna’s eyes met, an understanding between them.

“Boy, is she lucky to have you, Haught stuff.”

Nicole smiled, thanked Wynonna, and went back to her baby in the living room.

Nicole found Waverly laying down with her eyes closed. Her mouth was open and she breathed softly, yet audibly. Nicole frowned at her girlfriend’s congestion. The redhead set the soup down and kneeled next to the couch, running her hands through Waverly’s hair in an attempt to rouse her.

“Hey baby, can you wake up? I have your soup,” Nicole murmured softly.

Waverly’s eyes slowly opened and she rubbed her face with her hands. “Oh, didn’t mead to fall asleep,” she rasped. Her eyes went wide when she heard her voice. She cleared her throat and went into a coughing fit. Nicole helped her sit up and quickly sat with her, holding her up. She rubbed her back until the coughing subsided.

“Poor baby.” Nicole’s voice was soft and filled with sympathy. “I think some soup and tea will help with that cough.”

“Yes, please,” the smaller girl sighed.

“Okay, here we go.” Nicole handed the soup to her girlfriend. Nicole repositioned herself so she sat in the corner of the couch and Waverly sat against her. The smell of Waverly’s hair made its way to Nicole and she smiled and kissed the smaller girl’s head. She could tell Waverly smiled as she did so. Nicole turned on the TV and they watched “Zodiac” quietly together. For a few minutes, the only sound was the clinking of Waverly’s spoon in her bowl and the dialogue in the movie. Then, Waverly started to sniffle. *Snf snf*.

“Need a tissue, babe?”

As Waverly began to answer, her voice suddenly caught and her eyes snapped shut. “Itschhiew.” She clumsily aimed her sneeze towards her shoulder, her hands full with her soup.

“Bless you,” Nicole turned and reached for the tissues on the side table. She could feel Waverly’s breath hitching against her chest. Another sniffle and--

Hitcxhhew” Waverly sneezed again, better muffling it against her robe.

“Bless you, baby,” Nicole said, offering her sweet girl the box of tissues.

“Thadk you,” Waverly sniffled and grabbed a few tissues. She softly blew her nose. In her lap, a small pile of used tissues began to gather. She leaned further into Nicole’s chest. “I’b dizzy.”

Nicole took the soup from Waverly’s hands and set it on the table. The younger girl snuggled into Nicole’s chest, fitting perfectly into the redhead’s form. Nicole wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and rested her chin on top of Waverly’s head. They sat there quietly, their hands finding each other and intertwining.

“Hey Haughty, I thought I told you to not make moves on my baby sister while she’s so obviously defenseless,” Wynonna said as she entered the living room.

Waverly laughed and then coughed. Nicole rubbed her back.

“I got something that might help with that,” Wynonna said, shoving a mug of tea towards Waverly. Nicole grabbed it for her, nodding a thank you. “So,” Wynonna continued, “What are we watching?” She made herself comfortable in a side chair, smiling at the two people she loved most in this world.

“It’s ‘Zodiac,’” Nicole said. “It has Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, and Robert Downey Jr.”

Wynonna gasped, her eyes wide. “I love me some Downey Jr… and I know Waverly had the biggest crush on Gyllenhall.”

Nicole looked down at her girl. “Oh, is that right?”

Waverly smiled, her cheeks turning a shade of pink that matched her nose. “I may have had his poster on mby wall at one poindt.”

“Oh come on,” Wynonna had a devilish grin. “You watched ‘Donnie Darko’ every weekend for months!”

Nicole smiled and playfully squeezed Waverly’s arm.

“What about you, Red?” Wynonna directed her attention to Nicole. “See anyone you like?”

“I mean, look at her.” Nicole pointed to the TV where Chloe Sevigny was gracing the screen. “She’s incredible in ‘Bloodline,’” Nicole was grinning ear to ear.

“Incredible, huh? Naughty Haughty, my sister is quite literally right next to you,” Wynonna said dramatically.

“Ndo, I agree with her,” Waverly spoke up. “Chloe Sevigny is hot.”

The three girls broke into laughter. It was nice to relax and enjoy each other’s company for once. There’s almost always some revenant problem they’re dealing with. Waverly ended the laugh fest with a chesty cough. Both Nicole and Wynonna looked at her, worry in their eyes.

Heh… hetchhiew” Waverly caught her sneeze in a tissue. She rubbed her nose, making little circles.

“Bless you,” her sister and girlfriend said in unison.

“Thadk you.” Waverly sniffled and sighed.

“Geez, kid, you really are stuffed up. I got some VapoRub if you want that?” Wynonna asked, her face not being able to hide her concern.

“I think that’s a good idea, baby,” Nicole said, her hand finding its way back into Waverly’s hair.

“Okay,” the sniffly girl said, too tired to feel bad for everything her sister and girlfriend are doing to make her feel better.

“All righty, be right back,” Wynonna got up and went to the kitchen. Nicole took Wynonna’s absence to be more intimate with Waverly. She buried her face in her girl’s neck, planting some well-meaning kisses. Waverly hummed happily and turned her head, giving Nicole more access. Not being to help herself, Waverly turned around, smiling. She then put her hands on Nicole’s face, pulling her closer. Their lips met. They kissed for a few moments until Waverly pulled away.

“There is quite possibly ndothing I love more on this earth thad kissing you, but I dodn’t wadda get you sick, baby.”

“I don’t care about that,” Nicole whispered, smiling. “I love you, Waves. Germs and all.”

Waverly smiled broadly, her eyes crinkling. Nicole couldn’t help but beam back. Just as they were about to embrace again, Wynonna came back in.

“Oi, Haught! What did I say? If you two wanna… you know,” Wynonna lamely imitated sex with her hand motions. “I won’t put a stop to it, but at least give me a heads up, for Christ’s sake.”

Nicole and Waverly smiled at each other and turned to Wynonna, saying sorry. They weren’t really sorry though. Their eyes met again and they knew it was time to go upstairs. Waverly yawned and stretched.

“Mbaybe we should go upstairs. I’b tired,” Waverly said, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea,” Nicole agreed, standing up and grabbing the VapoRub from Wynonna. “Thanks.”

Nicole helped Waverly stand up and held her close, her arm around Waverly’s torso. They made their way up the stairs, hearing Wynonna settle herself back in the living room.

“Wow, do I know how to clear a room or what?” Wynonna remarked to herself, turning her attention to the TV. She heard Waverly’s bedroom door close, but despite the distance and walls between them, she knew what was about to come next. “All right, that’s my cue to exit.” She put on her shoes and grabbed her coat, making her way out the front door.  

So! Much! Yes!

Seriously, it's SUCH A TREAT for me to get to read something here (that I didn't write lol) featuring characters/ships that I would choose, now it's like it's raining Wayhaught. 😆 But for real tho, I ❤❤❤ this. You've really got their dynamic down, I can never get enough. Keep it going plz!! 

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the brief delay. I'm just getting used to managing work and school again. Yuck. Anyway, here's another part. This part is more caretaking, less actual sneeziness. Sorry for that, I honestly don't know where I'm going with this story lol. (Plot, who??) Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy. As long as people are liking what I'm putting out, I'll keep writing.

Thank you so much for your comments. It keeps me writing. That's enough rambling from me. Let's go... 🌈🌈🌈🌈

(It seems like much! less writing when I paste it here :( oh well, y'all aren't picky)

"She Ain't Right"

Part 6

Nicole closed the bedroom door and put her arms on Waverly’s hips, guiding her to the bed. They sat down together and, just as they were getting closer, Waverly’s breath caught and she began to cough. Hard. The fierce cough rattled her body and Nicole couldn’t do anything but rub her baby’s back. She frowned and pouted her lips. She grabbed Waverly’s water bottle off the side table and offered it to her. Waverly took a long sip of her water, hoping to ease the dry tickle in the back of her throat.

“Thadks,” Waverly said as she handed her water bottle back to Nicole. She sighed and cleared her throat. Her face was red and her forehead glistening. Nicole took the back of her hand and rested it on her baby’s head.

“Whoa, babe. You’ve got a bad fever,” Nicole said, worry evident in her voice. “How do you feel?”

“I’b okay. Just tired.” She punctuated her statement with a big yawn.

“Well then, let’s get you to bed.”

Waverly chuckled and raised her eyebrows, smirking at her girlfriend.

Nicole smiled brightly back. “Okaaay, babe. You know what I meant. We’ll have more than enough time for that when you’re feeling better.” She gave her girlfriend a quick peck on the lips. Nicole then helped Waverly stand up and take off her robe. She shivered as soon as it was off. Nicole went around the bed and pulled back the blankets, motioning for the younger girl to climb in. Waverly slid under the blankets and Nicole tucked her back in. Nicole couldn’t help but think just how much her girlfriend looked like a little kid.

“You are so cute, Waverly Earp. I don’t know how you do it.”

Waverly beamed and laughed softly. “And you are really hot. Pun fully intended.”

Nicole chuckled as she lowered herself into bed, cuddling up to Waverly.

“Thadk you so much for today. I *snf* ab so happy you were here. I feel like we ndever get to spend tibe together like this.” Waverly’s eyes were so focused on Nicole’s. The redhead blushed.

“Well, I wish we were spending time together under better circumstances, but I’m happy to be with you anytime and anywhere. Just let me know and I’ll be there.” Nicole rested her palm on Waverly’s face and ran her hand through the younger girl’s hair. They both smiled goofily at each other.

After a few minutes of small talk, Waverly’s eyes began to get droopy and her blinks longer. “Time for bed, baby,” Nicole whispered. “Good night, cutie.”

“Good ndight.”

Nicole turned off the bedside lamp and Waverly snuggled into her arms with a content sigh. Nicole smiled before closing her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Nicole woke up to harsh coughing. “Waverly,” she mumbled, her voice full of sleep.

Waverly sat at the end of the bed, tissues propped up next to her. “Sorry I woke you,” she looked apologetically at the redhead. “I couldn’t sleep. My ndose is too stuffed up.”

“Oh,” Nicole sighed, realizing nothing is very wrong. She let her guard down a bit. “How about we put on some of that VapoRub.”

“Kay,” the younger girl mumbled, crawling back to her spot on the bed. Nicole looked around the dark room for the stuff, not remembering where she threw it. They were thinking of… other things when they got up to the bedroom. She spotted it on the floor and grabbed it. They settled back into their position, Nicole sitting up against the headboard with Waverly sitting between her legs. Nicole unscrewed the lid and stuck her nose into it, inspecting it before using it on her girlfriend.

“Whoa,” Nicole flinched away, coughing. “That’s strong.” The scent was enough to set her nose off. She turned away from Waverly, wrapping her arm around her face. “Htxschh!”

“Bless you,” Waverly said, giggling.

“Thanks, baby,” Nicole said, laughing. She sniffed, put some of the ointment on her fingers and began rubbing it on Waverly’s chest.  Nicole’s fingers moved slowly and sensually over Waverly’s chest in small, deliberate circles. Waverly sighed, quietly moaning at Nicole’s touch. The redhead smiled, noticing her girlfriend’s pleasure. Once Waverly’s chest was thoroughly covered, the two lay back down and snuggle up.

“Is that helping at all, Waves?”

“I hodestly cadn’t smell it yet.” Waverly took a deep breath in through her nose, hoping the ointment will relieve her congestion. Finally, the intense mint smell broke through and her nose began to run. “Oh-“ Waverly coughed suddenly, shielding her girlfriend by pulling her shirt up over her mouth. She hastily sat up and her breath caught, nostrils wavering. “Hitshxx’ew!” Waverly sniffled, making a very productive, wet sound.

“Here you go, Wave,” Nicole said, handing her girl some tissues.

“Thadks,” she mumbled. She replaced her shirt with the tissues and blew her nose, expelling a lot of the congestion that had been ailing her. “Ugh,” Waverly groaned. She filled several tissues when her nose began to itch again. She squinted her eyes and her mouth parted. After a few seconds of the teasing tickle, she finally pitched forward into her tissue. “Achxiew!” She sighed.

“Bless you,” Nicole murmured, propping herself up on her elbow so she could rest her hand on Waverly’s back.

“Thanks,” Waverly responded.

“You okay, baby?” Nicole sat up with Waverly and put her arm around the younger girl.

“Yeah, that’s actually much better.” She leaned over the bed, throwing her used tissues into a trash can.

“Well, you definitely sound better,” Nicole happily remarked with a kiss to Waverly’s temple. Waverly’s eyes closed as she leaned into Nicole’s kiss. “Let’s lay back down.”

Waverly happily complied and inched her way into Nicole’s arms, resuming her blissful and comfortable position snug in her girlfriend’s shape.  It wasn’t long before Waverly fell back asleep. Nicole made sure her girl was comfortable and sleeping soundly before she relaxed enough to fall asleep herself.

The next morning, the sun shone through the window, lighting up Waverly’s room. Nicole woke up before her girlfriend. She took the opportunity to watch Waverly sleep. She’d never admit it, but watching her sleep is one of her favorite things to do. Waverly looked so peaceful. She snored softly, her congestion having returned sometime during the night. Nicole’s eyes traced slowly over every aspect of Waverly’s face, taking in every beautiful detail. An abrupt sound interrupted her bliss; her phone was ringing. Nicole grabbed her phone and rushed out of the room, not wanting to wake Waverly. She looked at the screen, noticing it was the sheriff calling her.

“Mornin’, Sheriff. What’s up?”

“We’ve got a case. I know your ‘friend’ is sick, but it’s all hands on deck.”

Nicole smirked at Nedley calling Waverly her friend, knowing it’s not out of hate or prejudice, but him being uncomfortable with aspects of his deputies’ personal lives.

“Yeah, sure. I’m on my way.” Nicole hung up, looking towards the bedroom door. She really didn’t want to leave Waverly alone today. Her mini dilemma ended with her deciding that she can’t dismiss her work duties since she took most of yesterday off. She got ready for work quietly and went downstairs. She put coffee on and started making breakfast for Waverly. She could at least give her baby breakfast in bed before having to leave her for the day. As she was preparing some vegan French toast, Wynonna walked in and helped herself to the coffee.

“Hey, Haught. How are ya?” Wynonna asked as she plopped down at the kitchen table and sipped on her coffee.

“I’m good. I got called in for a case so I’m making Waverly some breakfast before I go.” Wynonna made a face at the redhead, a mixed look of disbelief and exasperation at Nicole caring for Waverly as if she was a newborn.

“You two are so cute, it’s sickening,” Wynonna made a face, sticking her tongue out in disgust. She winked at Nicole before continuing. “I gotta go in too. Some guy managed to get his hand cut off for some briefcase, so…” Wynonna stood up, snatching a piece of the French toast Nicole was making, and waved to the redhead as she left the kitchen. Nicole just sighed at Wynonna and continued making breakfast.

After a few minutes, she loaded up the breakfast on a tray and set off upstairs to Waverly. Nicole pushed open the door with her foot and walked into the room. Waverly was still asleep, still cutely snoring with her mouth slightly open. Nicole set down the tray and kneeled down next to Waverly’s sleeping body. She smiled at her girlfriend then softly ran her hands through Waverly’s hair, her second favorite thing to do. Maybe third, the redhead thought, remembering all her intimate moments with Waverly. Before she got flustered, she shook her head and continued trying to wake her girl. She stood up, planting slow kisses across Waverly’s face.

“Hey, baby,” the redhead whispered. “Are you awake?” The younger girl grumbled something unintelligible. Waverly, Mrs. Morning Person, was usually early to rise and a very soft sleeper. “Babe…” Nicole said again. She was finally greeted with one beautiful eye, barely cracked open. “Good morning, cutie.” Nicole couldn’t help the insanely big smile that spread over her face. “How are you feeling?”

Waverly turned onto her back, stretching her arms behind her head and yawning. She rubbed her eyes and looked to her girlfriend, a small smile on her face. “I’b—” her voice gave out. She cleared her throat and coughed into her fist. “I’b okay,” she managed to say, rasp and congestion heavy in her voice.

Nicole frowned. She sat next to Waverly on the bed and felt her forehead. It was still pretty warm. “Is that the truth, baby?” Nicole put her palm on Waverly’s cheek. The younger girl shrugged and kissed Nicole’s palm. “Well, Nedley called me into work. I made you breakfast. Are you gonna be okay here by yourself?”

“Dodn’t worry. I’ll be fide.” Waverly sniffled. “I’b kinda tired. I’ll probably just stay in bed today.”

“Okay. If you need anything—and I mean anything—please let me know. I’ll come right back, baby. I don’t mind.”

Waverly smiled at her girlfriend, feeling emotional at Nicole’s declaration. Her eyes watered and tears began to well. “You’re so sweet to me. I’b so lucky to have you.” Waverly’s hand found Nicole’s and she gave it a squeeze. Nicole smiled sweetly and leaned down to kiss Waverly’s forehead. Despite her congestion, Nicole’s sweet smell of vanilla dip doughnuts made its way into Waverly’s nose, making her smile. Nicole moved back, looking into her girl’s eyes before she gave Waverly a soft kiss on her lips.

“Mmmm, I’m gonna miss you,” Nicole moaned against Waverly’s lips.

“I’ll miss you, too.”

“Are you too tired to eat, babe? I can wrap up this breakfast ‘til you’re ready to have it.”

“Yeah, that souds good,” Waverly said, eyes drifting out of focus. She rubbed the palm of her hand against her nose sleepily. She sniffled, upsetting the tickle in her nose. She quickly pulled up her blanket to shield Nicole. “Itchiew!”

“Bless you,” Nicole said. The blanket still hovered over her girlfriend’s sweet face. A few seconds passed until Nicole heard a shaky breath.

“Hitchew!”

“Bless you, baby.” Nicole rested her hand on Waverly’s leg.

“Thadk you,” Waverly sighed as she removed the blanket from her face. She sniffled and settled further into her pillows, a wave of sleepiness crashing over her.

“I’ll be back before you know it. You just rest up. I’ll be home soon.”

“Kay,” Waverly said, her eyes struggling to stay open.

“Kay,” Nicole said back to her, one final kiss pressed to her forehead. Nicole stood up and left the room, turning around to get one last look at her girl before she left. She went downstairs and wrapped up Waverly’s breakfast before leaving the house. The second she was outside, she wanted nothing more than to be with Waverly again. Duty first, she thought to herself. No one has ever made her feel this way. Waverly sure is something special.

Here's a nice video that SYFY released for pride month, in case any of you don't watch the show. There's no bigger Wayhaught fan than SYFY lol. They have SEVERAL wayhaught videos.

vid

• 2 weeks later...

*squeals* another great part. I'm sorry for not commenting sooner, sometimes I don't check in here for a while! But I'm still loving this! The caretaking and the sweetness is just 💖💖💖

I hope Nicole will come home soon...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I'm still working on this story, but I may have kind of started another wayhaught story. Oh well. It's got sick!nicole and sweet, protective Waverly. I don't want to spam wayhaught content, but what can I say? I like what I like lol

I'm not very far in the other story yet, but there will eventually be contagion in this one. I'm nearly done with the next part. I'll update soon :)