Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can we be healthcare professionals?

Juniebee

Hi everyone,

I'm a current medical student. I've always had the fetish, and I've wondered, does anybody have any reservations about having a healthcare job? I think plenty of the users on here are doctors/nurses ( or aspiring doctors/ nurses, in nursing or medical school). My fetish isn't totally sexual, and I need to have some basic attraction to somebody to actually enjoy it. 

I always thought that I would just try to avoid primary care and definitely avoid becoming an allergist. Any thoughts? I definitely want to keep this fetish and my job separate, I want to do healthcare because it's the job I want, not because of my fetish. If anything, my fetish made me question whether or not I should try to become a physician. 

Any thoughts? 

I would say that you shouldn't let your fetish stand in the way of your career aspirations. All doctors are people, surely there have been times where doctors have felt an attraction to their patients, but if you just keep professionalism in mind then I don't think you will have a problem. 

i think u could go into non-nasal medical fields without it being weird. 

It's a good question. But based on what I know from my SO, who works in healthcare, it also seems to me like very, very little of what you'd see in practice would be the thing that "does it" for you. If your motive was to find those situations, that would obviously be incredibly inappropriate. But I think that as long as your motives are what they should be, you don't have to avoid doing what you would otherwise choose. I work in higher ed, and there are some very sneezy college students out there, but that's not why I work in higher ed.

Honestly, I barely notice it at work, at least not in a fetishy sense.    It becomes more of a clinical thing for me.  I totally separate.   Unless it’s a coworker....

this wouldn't even cross my mind vis a vis healthcare careers. the only time it would even occur to me is like, i wouldn't become an ENT because i think that would be uncomfortable for me, not because i'd wanna beat my meat to it, which would be wildly unethical.

Thank you for the replies. 

Yes, that's what I thought. Avoid allergy and ENT , and if I can, Primary care because that is also pretty close ( some cold and allergy cases) . I'm primarily interested in internal medicine specialties that are not sneezy at all,  like endocrinology  ( hormones) and rheumatology (autoimmune). I just randomly became self conscious about it. ENT is way too tough to get into, anyway. 

There was a post on here on how a lot of us have not just a fetish for allergies/colds/sneezing, but also a like of care taking in a completely non sexual way.  Coincidentally it's something a lot of us on here do ( caretaker jobs), even if it it has nothing to do w the fetish ( that would be totally unethical and gross).

@aggedy_ann I was hoping it's like that. That even if it does happen, it's not something that you correlate in the same way in your mind. And yes...sneezy coworkers on the other hand...I used to scribe for a doc that had the cutest sneeze! Best pre sneeze face. He claimed to only be allergic to cats, but I feel like he was always sniffling a  little bit. So cute. 

I love your drabble threads ( aggedy_ann) ...man, we all need a guy like Alex in our lives. That lavender allergy is just...so cute. A comedian whose allergic to everything....if you're taking suggestions, I think a sneezing fit on stage would be adorable 😇 ( only if you're taking ideas, not trying to be pushy). 

I'm a premedical student and I've honestly never even thought about the possibility of the fetish making things weird. Most medical professions aren't related to sneezing at all, so I don't think there would be much overlap! I actually am somewhat interested in primary care, and I think most of the job would be very unrelated to sneezing and I'm sure in a clinical environment I'd be able to handle the few allergy/cold related cases that come up without the fetish getting in the way. I agree with aggedy_ann that I think sneezing in the office would be something that's pretty easily to separate from the fetish, especially because doctors have to be so laser-focused on the task at hand. I'm definitely not planning to be an allergist though; I do think that's the one specialty that could be sorta tough to go into with this fetish, but it also is just not something that really interests me professionally.

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, aggedy_ann said:

Honestly, I barely notice it at work, at least not in a fetishy sense.    It becomes more of a clinical thing for me.  I totally separate.   Unless it’s a coworker....

Same here. I'm working in healthcare and the only time fetishy things cross my mind is when an attractive coworker sneezes in a way I like 😇

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, Thanks for the responses, I'm just bumping. As I'm in med school I'm realizing everyone on here is right . 

Edited by Juniebee

You can, I am! Doesn't impact my job in the slightest outside of witnessing a gorgeous women sneeze that could happen anywhere. 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:43 AM, Juniebee said:

Hi everyone, Thanks for the responses, I'm just bumping. As I'm in med school I'm realizing everyone on here is right . 

Thanks for asking the question, I am also in Med school and reading this is really interesting and uplifting😊

Working in health care I can tell you that my clinical mind is generally completely separate from my personal life mind. So it really doesn’t even occur to me to think about while I’m at work.