Sneeze Fetish Forum

Photic Sneezing

Lady Tori

I haven't seen any other posts with photic sneezing on here. Does anyone like it in particular (you know, some of us are allergy-people, some are cold-people...)?

Anyway, on to the obs.

This has actually happened every morning for the last few days. I have class every morning at 10:00, so I get up a bit after nine. My dorm room is really dark even with the lights on and the sun streaming into the room, so while I eat breakfast I'm kind of cocooned up in darkness leftover from the night until I go outside.

For the past few days it's been warm and sunny in Toronto. And so every time I leave my building, I can't bear to look away from the pavement due to the sunlight, and I immediately have to start building up to a sneeze. I try to stave it off because there are usually other people around - I hate sneezing in front of people - but it never works, and I end up sneezing once, stifling "Ha-kntch!" and again "Ha-kntch! Ahh". My eyes usually water too and sometimes tears spill out onto my cheeks. I have a stronger reaction to sunlight than any common allergen!

I am very much a photic sneezer too. I would say it's my favorite type of sneezing, I'm not sure why, just something about it. I am probably more of a photic sneezer than most because in a normal situation I never sneeze more than once, but if I'm looking toward the sky then I can sneeze, look at the sky again and sneeze again, that type of thing could go on forever with me. I even have a Yahoo Group about photic sneezing however it hasn't been exactly too active and there's nothing really there yet.

A few months ago I did some photic sneezing research down in Florida and found that on average every 1 in 3 kids, every 1 in 5 women, and every 1-8 men sneeze when exposed to bright light after being in a dark room.

Twister,

I remember you posting about your observations (at Disney World, wasn't it?) Very interesting, for I hardly ever see anyone else sneeze because of the sun. Yet it has ALWAYS happened to me.

I guess I like it too, it's closer to allergies than colds :laugh: But I've never seen anyone have a photic sneezing attack.

But I've never seen anyone have a photic sneezing attack.

When I was little, my neighbor used to do this every afternoon. He'd go sunbathe outside (he wasn't physically attractive, and I was only four years old, so there was no sexual interest here), and EVERY time, he'd just start sneezing and keep at it, every 20-30 seconds, for about 1/2 hour until he got fed up and went inside. This coincided with my "nap" time :laugh: I used to stand on top of my bed and look out my window at him the whole time.... odd what you remember 20+ years down the road :laugh:

That's hilarious, Lynne, that you were even attracted to the sneezing at that age! I remember reading books with sneezing and so on and feeling so much more interested in them than in non-sneezing books.

Like you, I recall certain sneezing fits from my childhood that are as clear to me today s if they were yesterday. It IS interesting, what you can remember due to the impressions you got as a child! I believe certain sneezing fits I witnessed also helped to shape my manifestation of the fetish... but that's another topic.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Photic sneezing isn't always something I think about as a cause of sneezing, since its not as common as colds or allergies, but still, hey, if it causes females to sneeze, it can only be a good thing. :laugh::innocent:

Definitely not a photic sneezer myself, though. My eyes are just really sensitive to bright lights and the sun, so that it burns my eyes and hurts, but doesn't make me sneeze. :laugh:

Definitely not a photic sneezer myself

Me neither. I've looked right toward the sun many times to test it out, but it just doesn't work for me! :laugh:

I do like photic sneezing, but I, unfortunately, don't know very many people who are photic, unless I just don't know that they are! I know one guy who is photic, but I never really cared for his sneezes for some reason. Too bad. :laugh:

I used to help with a preschool camp for several summers and I remember one year having a set of twin boys, maybe 4 years old. We used to line the kids up and march them outside to eat lunch on nice days. I thought it was funny the way that BOTH of the twins would sneeze at least once within about 30 seconds of entering the sunlight every (I think every) time we went out on a sunny day.

To Lady 21: Too bad you couldn't record some of your reactions and post them on here. Would love to hear them.

I had never heard of photic sneezing before about ten years or so ago. Older ladies would tell me that bright light, whether artificial as from a lamp or the sunlight would make them sneeze and I always thought there was no such thing until I got on the Internet and starting looking for websites like this one and then I realized, there was something called photic sneezing. The things we learn!

I guess I'm one of the few photic sneezers around then. I will sneeze usually twice, most times when I'm coming from a dark room inside, to outside. I actually don't know any one else who photic sneezes

Add me to the list of photic sneezers. The sun has made me sneeze ever since I can remember. My nose is more sensitive when I go from dark to light however I could simply go outside and look towards the sun and within 10 seconds sneeze. I usually do two maybe three.

I agree with you lady21 that I like my photic sneezes better because they are more closer to allergies...however I love to sneeze a lot in a row and that isnt possible with photic. My max is 3. By inducing I can do 10+ so thats why I prefer inducing but I still like photic sneezes. They are more natural thats why I think I like them more.

Jaime

Yes, I agree about photic sneezes being nice to *watch* in others, but they are also my favourites when I sneeze myself.

Don't really know why - better build up ? or just the pleasantness of the sun doing its thing....?

Archived