Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dinner with Dogs

aggedy_ann

This follows “Colds Together”   Ethan and Dustin have dinner At Dustin’s parents...which might help explain Dustin a little bit.

Every other Saturday night, Dustin went home and had dinner with his parents.  This time, his mother had all but ordered he bring Ethan home with him.  It was a half hour before they were supposed to leave, and Dustin was preparing Ethan for what to expect.

“First, do not tell my mom I have a cold.”

Ethan nodded.  He and Dustin had had colds over the last week or so.  His was gone, but Dustin, who’d gotten it from him, was still coughing and sneezing.

“She worries, and so she’ll fuss over me all night long.” He made a face.  “I mean, I’m sure she’ll figure out I’m sick eventually – she always does, but we don’t need to announce it.”

Ethan nodded as Dustin coughed and continued.

“She’ll also talk your ear off if you let her; ask you a million questions about everything.  She’s a bit much.”

“Dad’s pretty laid back.  He’ll ask you some questions, but he won’t bombard you with them like mom.  He’s quiet.  Jokes around.  Spends most of the time throwing things for the dogs.”

“Dogs?” Ethan interrupted, unconsciously rubbing his nose.

Dustin didn’t notice Ethan’s worried expression.  “Yeah, two of them: Mixie and Trixie, Yorkies.  Truthfully, the only reason I go home is to see my dogs and my dad.”

Ethan cleared his throat.  “Dustin, um, I’m allergic to dogs.” He said softly.  

Dustin looked at him for a minute, realization dawning on his face.  “Shit.  I knew that, didn’t I?”

Ethan nodded.  “I think so.”

“They’ll understand if you cancel…”

“No!” Ethan protested.  “I’ll take my meds, I’ll be fine…well, maybe not fine, but ok…ish.” He failed to reassure Dustin as he crossed over to the dresser and pulled out antihistamines and his nasal spray, taking them.

“Bless you,” Dustin responded to Ethan’s post nasal spray sneeze.

“Thanks.  Hate that part.”  

“If it helps with the dogs…mom’s vacuumed every other day since I can remember; if she didn’t vacuum today, she did yesterday, and the dogs aren’t allowed on the furniture.  They’ll put them upstairs once we tell them you’re allergic.”

Ethan nodded, somewhat relieved.  Maybe this wouldn’t be a disaster.   It was at least 45 minutes to Dustin’s parents – if traffic was good, so he had time for his medications to kick in.

An hour and a half later, Dustin was pulling into his parents’ driveway.   Hahkishoo-kihshoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo-shoo…HahKishoo.”   Dustin grabbed a tissue out of the box on the floor of his car and blew his nose.  “Hopefully that’s out of the way.” He sniffed.  “Ready?”

“As I’m gonna be.”

Dustin led Ethan up the walk and into the house, where Ethan was instantly jumped on by two barking yorkies.   “Down, down.”  Dustin pulled the dogs off Ethan who stood there frozen as his parents came around the corner.   Dustin was immediately enveloped in a hug by his mother, who then turned to Ethan standing there uncomfortably as the dogs ran excitedly around him.

“Um, mom,” Dustin brought her attention back to him.  “Ethan’s allergic to dogs,” Dustin said softly.  “Can we put them somewhere?”

“Of course, of course.  Dave, take the dogs up to the bedroom?”  She turned to Ethan.  “Do you need Benadryl?  I vacuumed this morning, and the dogs never go on the furniture.  I’d suggest we sit outside, but it’s a bit cool, and the neighbors mowed this afternoon, and that sets off Dusty’s asthma…you don’t have asthma, do you?”

“No, ma’am.  I’ll be ok for awhile; I took my allergy medication before we left.”  Ethan reassured her, knowing that with his cold, Dustin really wouldn’t appreciate an evening sitting outside, especially next to a freshly mowed lawn.

She led everyone to the living room, instructing Dustin’s dad who had just come downstairs from putting up the dogs to get lemonade for everyone.   

The four of them sat in the living room while Dustin’s mother bombarded them both with question, with his dad occasionally chiming in.  Ethan answered them, feeling overwhelmed by her constant chatter and flurry of questions; she often moved on to the next without waiting for an answer to the first. 

Ethan looked desperately at Dustin for help.  His eyes were starting to itch 45 minutes into the visit, and he wanted a chance to discretely rub at them without Dustin’s mother noticing.  Dustin looked away, pressing a knuckle to his nose for a brief second.   So Ethan was left to answer another half dozen questions about his classes, half he swore she had asked already.

It was Dustin who sneezed first.  10 minutes after Ethan’s pleading look for help, Dustin ducked his head to the side, covering his nose with both hands.  Hakishoo-kishoo-kishoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo-shoo…Hakishoo.”  He sneezed as softly as possible, hoping Ethan talking would cover the sound.

It didn’t.  Ethan wordlessly handed him a tissue from the box that was on the coffee table, while his dad softly blessed him from his other side.  His mother looked at him with concern.  “Bless you, Dusty.  Are you ok?  You’re not getting sick, are you?”

Dustin shook his head, clearing his throat.  “Just my allergies, mom.” He lied.

She turned her attention to him, peppering him with questions about his allergies, how had they been on campus, how was he doing without air conditioning, were they getting worse, how was his asthma, was he remembering his medications, had he needed his albuterol much, did he need to see his doctors when he came home for break?  The same questions she asked each time he came home. 

Dustin answered each question fired at him until his dad cut in.  “Beverley, he’s fine.  They cut the grass next door, remember.  You know how that sets him off.  He’ll tell you if they’re worse and he needs to see a doctor.  He always does.”  Dustin shot him a grateful look at him as his mom backed off, momentarily silenced.

Ethan had been rubbing his nose, trying uselessly to forestall an oncoming sneeze.  After about 10 seconds, it broke through.  Hatshoo!” He sneezed into his shirt collar, blushing slightly at the volume.  He nodded at the blessings from Dustin and his dad.

“Goodness!” Dustin’s mom exclaimed.  “Bless you!  You’ve got quite a sneeze, don’t you?  Are the dogs too much?  I shouldn’t have insisted to Dusty that you come.  Are you sure you don’t want some Benadryl?”

Ethan flushed further red, wishing the couch cushions would swallow him up.  “Thanks, Mrs. Jameson.  I’m ok, really.  I’ll be ok…just sneezing a bit tonight.  I’m sure you’ve seen worse from Dustin.   I appreciate the Benadryl offer, but I’ll be asleep by dinner if I take some.”  He managed to put together a response.  He hated it when people commented on his sneeze.

“If you’re sure you’re ok.   I could put the dogs outside, but they bark, which irritates the neighbors…”

“They’re fine, ma’am.”  Ethan made every effort not to rub his itchy eyes.  “It’s just a mild allergy.”  He tried not to sniffle.  

Beverley, why don’t you go check on supper?” Dustin’s dad suggested.  “See if everything is how you like it.”

She got up and headed for the kitchen.  

Dustin’s dad looked at Ethan.  “I’m sorry about that.  She’s a bit, um,-“

“Overbearing.” Dustin cut in.

“Yes.  And she likes to have something to fuss over.   Ask Dustin.”  Dustin nodded.  “You’ve given her something to focus on.”

“It’s ok.”  Ethan shrugged.  “I mean, I’d rather she focus on you.”  He looked at Dustin.  “But…”

“I’m sure his time will come.” Dustin’s dad put in.  Softly to Dustin, “you can’t hide your cold forever, son.”

Dustin rubbed his nose as his mom walked into the room just following that exchange.  “You sure you’re ok?” She questioned.

“Grass must be making my nose itch.” He shrugged.

“Do you need Benadryl?”

“I won’t be able to drive. I don’t have my medication, and I don’t think Ethan should spend the night.” He pointed out.

Atshoo.”  Ethan pitched forward from the couch, almost as if agreeing they should sleep in their own beds.

A bless you from Dustin’s dad; Dustin and his mom were locked in confrontation.

“I’ve sneezed once since I’ve been in this house.  I’m clearly not having the issues you think I’m having.”

“Since you been in this house?  Not since you got here?”

“Once in the car in the driveway.  Mom I’m…shit-

“Dusty, Lang-

HahKishoo -kishoo-kishoo-kshoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo…Hakishoo.”  This was followed by a series of strong coughs.

“You’re reacting to the grass more than usual when you haven’t been near it.   You’re coughing.  Do you have your inhaler?  Do you need to use it?  Go use it.”

“Mom-“ Dustin protested, clearing his throat.

His dad cut in.  “He’s fine, Beverley.  He’s getting over a little bit of a cold, and his allergies never help with that.   Let him be.” He said firmly.   Turning to Dustin, “I’m sure you took cold medicine, but do you want a cough drop?  That cough sounds rough, and I’m sure you’ve been holding it back, knowing you.”

“That would be great.  Thanks, dad.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?” She whirled back to Dustin, reaching out to feel his forehead.  “You should be resting?  How’s your asthma?”

“Mom,” he cut in impatiently.  “I’m fine.  It’s almost completely gone.  If I was really sick, I would have canceled.” He pointed out.

Her next set of questioning was postponed by the kitchen timer.   “I have to finish dinner.”  She fixed her son with a stern look before heading to the kitchen, telling her husband to help her.   The boys could hear her lecturing him from the kitchen.

“Sorry.”  Dustin apologized.   

Ethan shook his head.  “D-don’t Hatchoo…don’t worry about it.”  He picked a tissue from the box and blew his nose.

“Bless you.”  Dustin took a look at Ethan.  He was sniffling, and his eyes were beginning to pinken.  “Dogs starting to get to you?”

“Yeah.  I’ll be ok for awhile.”

“We’ll leave after dinner.”  Dustin told him.  “I think that’s all the mom I can handle right now.”

“I noticed.”  Ethan offered a smile.  He picked up his backpack.  “Show me where the restroom is so I can get ready for dinner?”  

Dustin led him upstairs to the bathroom so he could check his blood sugar and take his insulin, then back down to the dining room.   

His dad was setting the table when they walked in.   “You two doing ok?”

Ethan nodded.  “Insulin.” He said softly.   This was met by a nod from Ethan’s dad.  

“We’ll eat in a few minutes.” He let them know, and turned to Dustin.  “When do you need more cold medicine?” He asked quietly.

“7:30 or so.  We’ll be gone by then, I think.”  He said as Ethan turned away with a loud sneeze.   “Bless you.”

“Thanks.”  Ethan ducked back into the living room where they could here him blowing his nose.

“He’s starting to have a rough time.” Dustin stated.  “We’re gonna probably take off after supper.”

His dad raised an eyebrow.  “And that has nothing to do with avoiding your mom?” He asked gently as Ethan came back in.   

Dustin didn’t respond, just ducked his head down into his shoulder.   HahKishoo-kishoo-kshoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo-shoo-shooHahKishoo.”  He rubbed his nose while Ethan slipped back into the living room and grabbed the tissue box.

“Bless you.”  His dad rubbed his shoulder.  “I have a feeling we’ll want to make room for those at the table.”

“I can just put some in my pocket.”  Ethan insisted, blushing.

“Trust me,” Dustin’s dad reassured him, with a glance at Dustin, “it won’t be the first time.”  He looked over at Dustin again.  “Go help your mother finish up the food.”  Dustin sighed and headed into the kitchen.   After a brief moment, Dustin’s father and Ethan could hear them bickering back and forth again.   

“They’re not always like this.” He said softly, looking at Ethan. “She doesn’t fuss so much over the allergies; those are a constant; but when he’s sick… And he hasn’t been sick in awhile.”  He finished setting the table and gestured for Ethan to sit down.  “How are you doing?”  He asked.

“I’ll be ok for a bit yet.” Ethan sniffled, cringing as he heard the notes of congestion in his voice.  “Excuse me.  I need to blow my nose.”  He blushed.

“Do what you need to do.”  Dustin’s dad turned away and began fussing with a place setting while Ethan gave his nose a solid blow.   “Better?” He asked.  “You’re starting to show you’re reacting.” He commented, gently, as Ethan carefully rubbed his eyes.

Ethan nodded.  “It’s catching up to me,” he admitted, pressing his tissues his nose. “Hatshoo!”

“Bless you. Do you want some Benadryl for the trip home?”

“I’ve got some.” Ethan admitted, smiling, as Dustin came in carrying the chicken and set it on the table.

“You two should probably sit next to each other.” Dustin’s dad glanced over at his son.  “Cold medicine’s starting to wear off?”

Dustin lightly rubbed his eyes.  “I think the cut grass next door is getting to me too.  Eyes are starting to itch.” He admitted.  

A sympathetic smile from his dad.  “You take your usual spot.  Ethan, take the far end. That way you both can get to the tissues.  I’ll finish helping your mom.”  

Ethan slipped into the spot he’d been assigned, setting the tissues on the corner of the table.  Dustin sat down next to him.   “I’m sorry I’m fighting with mom so much,” he apologized.  “She just gets to me more when I don’t feel well.”

Ethan nodded.  “It’s alright.  I’m sure it’s just her way of showing she cares.”

Dustin nodded, blowing his nose, and looking at Ethan’s bloodshot eyes.  “Gonna make it through supper?”

Ethan nodded.  Ahtshoo!  Yeah.”  He gave a thick sniffle and blew his nose.  “I’ll make it.  I’m sure I’m making the best first impression here.” He muttered, sarcastically.   

Dustin laughed.  “Believe me when I say I’ve been worse.  Like dad said, we’re used to keeping tissues at the table.”

Ethan gave a small smile as Dustin’s parents came in with the rest of the food.  Somehow, despite sneezing nearly every five minutes, Ethan made it through the meal, managing a small bit of small talk with Dustin’s dad about running cross country in high school.

Dustin noticed Ethan’s sneezes becoming predictably every five minutes, if not slightly less, not that his own sneezing wasn’t starting to pick up as the cold medicine started to wear off.   He opted to follow Ethan’s lead on skipping dessert in favor of going home.  

“I’m getting tired.” He coughed, “and I’ve still got some homework to catch up on.  And, Ethan…”

“I really should go soon.” Was Ethan’s stuffy response.  “I’m sorry, but my allergies just keep getting worse.”

“It’s ok, boys,” Dustin’s dad reassured them.  “We understand.  Right, Beverley?”

She nodded.  “Do you want some Benadryl for the trip home?”

“I have some.” Ethan reassured her.

“Ok.  Well, let me get you boys some food together to take with you.”  She disappeared into the kitchen, emerging 5 minutes later with a grocery bag, holding it out to Dustin.

Dustin turned to the side, cupping a hand over his nose.  HahKishoo-kishoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo-shoo-shoo…HahKishoo!”  He sniffled and rubbed his nose with the back of his hand.  “Thanks mom.”  He said, accepting both the food and her blessing.

“I’ll walk you two out.”  Dustin’s dad told them, grabbing the tissues off the coffee table.   He walked with them to the car.   

Hatshoo!”  Ethan sneezed, stepping outside.  Sniffling, he pulled out a tissue he had stashed in his pocket a blew his nose.

“Bless you.”  Dustin said.

“Do you need some water for the Benadryl?” Dustin’s dad asked.

Ethan shook his head.  “I’ve got my bottle in the car.”  He walked around the car and retrieved his water bottle,dumping two pink pills out of the bottle and into his hand.

“You’ll feel a lot better soon.”  He got a sympathetic smile from his friend’s dad.  “Next time you come down, we’ll take you boys out for dinner.   Avoid the dogs completely.”

Ethan smiled.  “Thank you, sir.”

“Thanks, dad.”  Dustin rubbed his nose.   “Call you on Wednesday?”   

“Always.”  Wednesday was his mother’s bowling night, so he got his dad to himself for a little while.   His dad wrapped him in a hug, hearing Dustin sniffle.   “You better get going before the grass gets you going.  Not sure Ethan’s up to driving.  Take these.”  He handed over the box of tissues.  “You always underestimate how many you have.”

“Ah-hahshoo!  I’m not.   Thank you for everything, Mr. Jameson.”  Ethan slipped into the passenger seat.  

“Thanks, dad.”  Dustin slipped behind the wheel, and as usual, his dad watched while he drove off.

Hahshoo!”  Ethan sneezed as they started to turn onto the main road.

“Bless you.  Those are getting awful close together.

“I’m amazed I lasted as long as I did before this.”  Ethan commented, placing one of the tissue boxes on his lap.  “You’re gonna be listening to me sneeze the whole drive home…Dusty.”

Dustin glared at him.  “Don’t call me that.” He groaned.   “Only my mother calls me that.  Everyone else stopped when I was 5.”

Hatchoo!”  Ethan pitched forward into the tissue. 

“Bless you.” Dustin said automatically.  He could see Ethan shake his head in the dim light of dusk.  

“Wait till I’m done.  You’re gonna say it every couple minutes otherwise.”

Dustin nodded.  He remembered Ethan saying something about his allergy attacks being long slow fits that lasted up to an hour, sneezing every couple minutes.  Poor guy was going to be sneezing the entire trip home and then some.   “Sorry I forgot you’re allergic.  We could have made other plans.  Or I could have not dragged you along.”

Ahshoo!”  There was a long pause while Ethan blew his nose.  “It’s ok.  It’s been worse.” He sniffled, carefully wiping his eyes with a fresh tissue.  “Wish I’d thought to take my contacts out, though.”  He leaned against the car window. 

Dustin shot him a sympathetic glance.  “My mom…she’s not always like that.  I mean, she is…just not in overdrive.  We really don’t fight like that.”

“That’s what your dad said.”

Dustin smiled.  “She’s stayed home with me ever since I was born.  My asthma and allergies were really bad when I was little, and I got sick a lot…bad colds and strep, things like that.  So she had me to take care of and worried and fussed over me.  Even when I got healthier.”  He paused as Ethan sneezed.

HahChoo!”

“She’s having a hard time with me living at school.  I mean there’s no other option, but that’s why I go to school so close to home.  It was either that or the local technical college.”

Ethan nodded, wiping his nose with the crumpled tissue and yawning.  Fortunately, for him, the Benadryl was starting to kick in.  “She’ll get used to it.” He said, softly.

“That’s what dahhhd sahhhHakishoo-kishoo-kishoo-kshoo-kshoo-shoo-shoo-shoo…HahKishoo.”

Ethan watched as Dustin covered his nose with one hand, keeping the other on the steering wheel, staring straight ahead, ready to steady the wheel if Dustin needed it.  Dustin was, however, apparently, well practiced at this. “Bless you.” He responded to Dustin’s sniffles, handing him a tissue.

“Thanks.  I hate sneezing when I’m driving.”

“Ca-Ahtchoo! Can’t say I blame you.”  Ethan leaned his head against the window again, yawning widely.

Dustin turned the radio on softly and let Ethan rest, casting over a concerned glance after a particularly harsh or desperate sneeze escaped him.  Ethan would wave away his concerns with a deeply congested “I’m ok,” that did nothing to reassure Dustin.

30 minutes, and multiple sneezes later, they were back at the dorm, finding a parking spot close to the building.  Ethan’s sneezing had slowed down by now, and Dustin was feeling less concerned…and less guilty.

Ahshoo.”  Back in the dorm room, Ethan gave a sleepy sneeze and another yawn.  “I’m gonna go take a shower.” He snuffled.  “Try to clear my head out so I can sleep.”  He gathered up his pajamas, towel, and shower tote, and headed down the hall.

Dustin doubled over with his own quick set of sneezes.  HahKishoo-kishoo-kishoo-kishoo-kshoo-Kshoo-shoo-shoo…Hakishoo!”  Blowing his nose, he decided to take the NyQuil and get ready for bed.   

He slipped into the hall bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face just in time to hear a powerful “HahAhtShoo!” from Ethan echo off the walls.  Another twinge of guilt went through him as he brushed his teeth.  He heard the shower shut off as he went to wash his face.   He waited for Ethan to appear and walked back with him to their room.  

Ethan, yawning, crawled into his loft, pulling the covers up to his chin, and rolling on his side.  “I’m going to go to sleep.”  He sighed, scrubbing at his nose.

“Feeling better?”

“Yeah.  Just stuffy and a little sneezy.   I’ll be fine when I wake up.”  He paused.  “How’s your cold?”  

“I took the NyQuil.  I barely needed the DayQuil, but for some reason, I start sneezing at night.  I only took the DayQuil because I was going home.”   

“Give it a few more days.  You’re…” Ethan paused as his nose wrinkled and eyes squinted shut.  Hatchoo!  You’re a lot better then you were a few days ago.”

Dustin nodded.  “You get some sleep.  Is the overhead light ok, or should I use the lamp?”

“It’s fine.” Ethan said with a yawn that threatened to swallow his face.   He rolled back on to his stomach, facing the wall, tucking his tissue box between him and the wall.

Dustin heard three more tired sounding sneezes, each spaced about 10 minutes apart before he started to hear soft snores from Ethan.   Yawning himself, and coughing, he climbed up into his bed, and was quickly asleep himself.

Oy. I’ve had relatives like Beverly. I am SO GLAD my parents are not like that!

This makes me remember why I try to hide a cold from my own mum 😂 I liked this though! I love when someone make comments about a cold; which I get plenty of in this one 😂

• 3 years later...
On 11/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, AntheaHolmes said:

I'm allergic to dogs myself and this story was sexy and hot. Oh I love male allergy sneezes 

Thanks.   I’ve got, I think, 2 more Ethan dog allergy stories around here.    

I’m not really allergic to dogs (beyond occasionally itchy eyes) and love my labradoodle, but there’s just something about dog allergies I like more so than cat allergies.