Sneeze Fetish Forum

I just saw on fb...

Klingon

I just saw on facebook they're planning to release wild Bison to the U.K. I think this is not a good idea personally. Bison (also known as Buffalo) are huge animals and can be very destructive and dangerous. I hope they're not planning to let them free roam! given the small amount of land in the U.K. overall this could be a very bad idea. I'll post a copy to the article but would be interested in knowing the thoughts of those of you who live there. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8507093/Wild-BISON-roam-British-woodland-time-thousands-years.html it says they'll be penned in I sure hope so! Bison are big and dangerous animals.

for what it's worth the daily mail is a tabloid rag and when reading it, it's important to note that most of what they print either straight up isn't true or is GRIEVOUSLY missing important details or facts that would serve to give the subject at hand context and/or make it less shocking. it's less of a news source and more of an entertainment site 

i don't know anything about bison being exported to the uk, but if i was interested enough in that rumor then what i'd do is try to cross reference to as many actual news sites as possible to get the FULL story on whether it was really happening and why, what precautions are or aren't being taken, in whose authority this was happening bc of, and what they hope to achieve with it

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
typo correction
52 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Why did the bison go to the gym all by himself?

He likes to get buffalone

:rofl: :laugh: 

Seriously though, I'd definitely fact check this story and even if it is true, there's not just going to be buffalo in your front yard all of a sudden. 

God the image of a buffalo just chilling in someone's frontyard is very funny to me.

But yeah, they probably won't release buffalo onto the street. You should definitily fact check this.

They are introducing European bison, which are the closest living relative to the native bison that went extinct.  They are being released into an enclosed woodland space with no direct contact with the public. There is expected to be a benefit for native wildlife in terms of effect on habitat and biodiversity.  The planned date is in 2022.  Captive breeding has restored European bison from the brink of extinction and similar projects have been successful elsewhere in Europe.  The reintroduction of other species has had success in the UK.

No offense but I don't think some randomer reading something on Facebook and declaring it a bad idea will have any effect on their plans.  And quite frankly humanity needs to be doing all it can to unfuck nature so let's have more of this please.

i'm gonna ask a really obvious question: why did you post a link to an article you obviously didn't read?

the article answers your questions. the bison will be cordoned off, posing no threat to humans. they're only releasing FOUR of them, so it's not like they're releasing tens of thousands of bison into the wild with absolutely no thought to how that might effect things. there's even some thought, apparently, that reintroduction of species like this will have a positive effect on climate change (although i don't see this mentioned in the article; i showed it to a more knowledgable friend and she told me that this was something experts were considering as a positive benefit). 

kurn'la, you have a pattern of behavior of reading 20% of something you see online, understanding 2 or 3%, and making an immediate snap judgment about how it's bad without bothering to actually consider the research of experts on the subject. it's kind of frustrating to watch. i really, really encourage you to start actually researching the things you post here, because honestly some of them (like this) are pretty interesting, and you might learn something

On 11/17/2020 at 9:16 PM, Bluebird said:

Why did the bison go to the gym all by himself?

He likes to get buffalone

Haha, that cheered me up. :)