Sneeze Fetish Forum

D&D Compendium of Sneezing

Zracken3

So, I have played my fair share of Dungeons & Dragons, and I love it! I have also seen my fair share of sneezes, and I love them too! But, what if the two were combined somehow?

Well, wonder no more! This will be the beginning of my D&D Compendium of Sneezing! Races, feats, spells, classes, monsters, characters, mythology...you name it! If you come up with it, and it's sneeze-related, add it to the compendium! I will begin with my first two submissions down below. My focus is primarily on 5th Edition D&D, but nothing is stopping anyone from submitting things for other editions or even other game systems. Also, if you come up with something that has mechanics, it doesn't have to be well-balanced at all. Of course, that would be a plus though!

The goal of this little project is to have a collection of sneezy things that anyone who is so inclined can add to their D&D (or other system) games without needing to do so much thinking. I'll try my best to organize everything once there's enough stuff to justify it, but, for now, I'm open to suggestions! 

Feat: Supernatural Sneezes

Through some form of quirky magic, your sneezes have become dramatically powerful. You gain the following benefits:

• Increase your Strength, Constitution, or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
  • You can cast the gust of wind spell at will. This form of the spell requires a different material component (a feather or some other sneeze-inducing item) that cannot be replaced with a spell focus, no longer requires your concentration, and the duration is changed to instantaneous. The spell's spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

Magic Item: Staff of Allergies

This staff has 3 charges. As an action, you can touch the end of the staff to a creature within 5 feet of you and expend one of its charges. Name a non-ubiquitous thing. Some examples include flowers, doorknobs, or leather but not air, the ground, or sunlight. The DM determines what is considered ubiquitous in this case, and the named thing cannot be a part of the touched creature. The touched creature becomes highly allergic to the named thing for the next 8 hours, causing it to sneeze frequently in its presence. An unwilling creature can make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw to resist the staff's effect. The sneezing has no effect on the creature's ability to take actions in combat.

The staff regains 1d3 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff bursts into a cloud of dust of sneezing and choking centered on you.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always wanted to include sneezing in D&D but it would be waaaaay too awkward with my current groups lol. My current PC has allergies, but they have never come up, and at this point I think I might die if my vanilla DM remembered. XD  Anyway, I'm popping out of lurker status to pass on the knowledge of a fun rules addition for 5E that I found a little while ago called the The Malady Workshop. You can buy the PDF for like 4 USD on DM's Guild. It's a collection of tables and guidelines for creating your own magical and mundane diseases for the game. Sadly it doesn't actually include sneezing in the symptoms table (what???), but we obviously wouldn't have a problem adding that lol. Emeto warning if you're sensitive because there are gastro symptoms included (and neurological, endocrine, cardiac... just be aware that it covers a lot of things that can go wrong).

The authors are apparently medical students, and everything looks pretty well-constructed. They also have several compendiums of fantasy diseases of various kinds (general, mind, sea, super deadly plagues) available. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Zracken3 Oho, I love it! Plant-based and fey creatures are totally underutilized for stuff like this. I guess fantasy hayfever isn't as interesting to most people as it could be, but it's such a nice part of roleplaying, and having allergy auras and things relay on constitution checks provides more use for that stat in the game, which would be nice. My current PC is a fighter who has charisma as a dump stat so he's awkward AF and is always getting brainwashed by magical enemies. So much fun to roleplay, and it's become a party in-joke. I think it would be so funny to have that kind of thing with low con as well. Like oh no, we're facing a bunch of forest elementals?? *Everyone looks at the warlock with hayfever* 

A girl can dream.

• 1 month later...

A couple of magic items which both show up in the 5th Edition supplement Xanathar's Guide to Everything (both on page 139 as well):

https://5e.tools/items/staff-of-birdcalls-xge.html

https://5e.tools/items/staff-of-flowers-xge.html

The first one explodes into "harmless" feathers if you roll a 1 on a d20 after expending the last charge. Other than that, it just makes bird sounds. The second one, though, lets you spawn any type of flower you want on a patch of earth or soil. Could be perfect for mischievous characters traveling with allergic party members -- with permission, of course.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wanting to write a solo campaign for a while now where I can just get as fetishy and weird  as I want. Haven’t done it yet but maybe someday I will.