Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you turn off your camera in a Zoom or other online meeting if you need to sneeze or blow your nose?

CheekyGuy

Curious about whether people would do the above. I always would (and mute the microphone) to blow my nose, not necessarily to sneeze. But I’ve certainly been in some Zoom meetings with some quite up-front blowers of both sexes. 

Edited by CheekyGuy

My mental block makes it easier for me: I never sneeze in public 🙃 it's been like that for more than 6 years now. But if I somehow overcame my mental block, I'd mute myself and turn off the camera lol

I strongly doubt that a sneeze would get through my mental block if I was on a zoom call :lol: However, it is strange what some people are quite happy to do on a zoom call that they would not do IRL. I suppose the fact that you are not going to spread germs to anyone else other than yourself means that some people are far less inhibited about sneezing out loud or uncovered :biggrinsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

We've been lucky at my job to be using conference phone calls and Skype (without the video) at my job until just recently. At that point, if I had to sneeze or blow my nose, I'd just mute myself. Now though? That mental block sucks...

Yeah, I mute myself and lean out of frame. I don't have the mental block I used to have anymore, but I'm still embarrassed when I sneeze in public/on Zoom nowadays. 

For me, it depends on the day. I always mute myself, but whether I turn off the camera, lean out of the frame, or just stay put depends on how confident I’m feeling that day 😅

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I used to mute myself and lean off camera. During my smaller team meeting, I sneezed into my arm a couple times and received a bless you. That boosted my confidence - I may try it again next time - generally I am embarrassed in front of others, so this felt empowering! 

• 2 months later...

My camera is pretty much always off, same with the audio. It exhausts me to be on camera and avoid any potential quirks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I mute and turn off my camera. It just makes me feel less distracting. It rarely happens if ever, but I always do that and kind of expect others to at least mute themselves if they can. Maybe that’s because it feels sexual to me, but it just seems like proper phone etiquette. I feel super strongly about nose blowing on camera though. I feel like no matter what you should mute and shut your camera off. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...