Sneeze Fetish Forum

Just a sniffle

Missxxch

When Tyler came home from work, Hannah instantly knew that something was wrong. 
Her house mate looked seriously worse for wear, his button-up rumpled, a grimace planted on his lips, and most glaringly, his nose runny and pink. 
“Hey, how was your day?” He asked, half-heartedly, as he pulled his key from the door. 
“My day was good... you feeling okay?” She asked. It was mid-October, and the first chill had settled in the air. Everyone was getting sick. 
Tyler sniffled again, face flushing from her question. 
“Never better.” He answered. But he plucked a tissue from the box on the credenza and blew his nose thickly. 
Hannah felt her face getting hot. 
“Well... I’m off to the grocery store. Anything you want?”

He shook his head. “Thanks.”

Hannah nodded. “See you in a bit.”

She closed the red wooden door behind her, and snuggled into her scarf. Despite the chill, the sun was out and the sky was cerulean blue. 
“Gorgeous.” She muttered to herself. 
As she walked, she found herself thinking about Tyler and his red nose. The two of them had always had a “will they/won’t they” dynamic. He was her best friend in the world; sweet and funny, not to mention handsome. 
Hannah wondered if he ever thought of her the way she sometimes thought of him. He had moved in with her after a heinous breakup with his live-in girlfriend of 3 years, Juliette. Almost a year ago, now. 
There had been cheating involved. Thinking about someone doing that to Tyler, the best person she knew, made Hannah’s blood boil. He had called her a few hours after his and Juliette’s final confrontation, asking if he could stay the night. He just wanted to sleep, he said. 
Bubbly and outgoing by nature, Tyler had been jarringly quiet that night. He just laid on the couch for hours. Hannah stayed pretty much glued to his side, just to be there. She didn’t ask for details, he’d talk once he was ready. 
“You’re my best friend.”  He’d said quietly, before drifting off to sleep. 
“So are you.” Hannah had replied, giving his forehead a gentle kiss, before tiptoeing off to bed. 

Needless to say, he never left. 
Hannah’s other house mate, Lilah had moved out a month ago, promoting Tyler from the couch,  (which he made up as a “bed” at night, and converted into a pristine communal space during the day) into a real bed. 

Despite this, he didn’t spend much time in his bedroom, opting instead to be wherever Hannah was, using his fantastic, rich laugh as much as he could each day. Everything with him was fun, every day a new story to tell. 
Tyler was as great a house mate as he was a friend. He cooked and cleaned, the two of them alternating shifts for the chores, and eating together every night, for “family dinner time”. In the evenings, they sat on the couch together, usually watching something funny, and snacked on microwave popcorn. 
With things so perfect, Hannah felt guilty for wanting more. In bed at night, she often fantasized about him slipping in the door and under her sheets, holding her, and declaring that it was always going to be her.
The pair’s weekly romcom viewing (Saturday night!) did not help these thoughts. 

”I’m back,” Hannah called as she came in the door, paper bags bursting with this week’s nourishment. 

Tyler didn’t call back. The lights were off everywhere except the foyer. Hannah frowned, remembering his runny nose. 

She brought the groceries into the kitchen and began putting them away. There wasn’t a sound, save their downstairs neighbours playing what sounded like dinner jazz. 

The sink, which had been filled will Hannah’s lunch dishes before she went out, had been emptied and cleaned. Tyler. 

Hannah took a glass from the cabinet, and filled it with cold orange juice. It was his favourite on the best of days, and a comfort on the worse ones. 

“Heh-xxxxch!” There he was at last. A muffled sneeze echoed down the hall. 

Hannah winced and walked to his door, juice in hand. 

“Ty?” She knocked gently. 

“Ha... Hehschhht! Eh-Schhhuh! Hannah.” He sniffled. 

“Bless you. Can I come in?” 

She heard him blowing his nose. “Snf. Sure.”

She opened the door to find all the lights off. Soft light streamed in through his curtains as the sun set. He lay on his side in bed, covers hoisted up, just under his chin. 

“I brought you some juice.” Hannah placed it on his bedside table. 

“Thanks.”

Hannah took a seat on the side of his bed. A collection of tissues littered the nightstand, and he held a crumpled one to his face. 

“Heh...” he brought the tissue to his quivering nose. “Hehxxxt! Nxxxt-chUH! Ugh. ‘Scuse be.” 

“Bless you, Ty.” Hannah put the back of her hand against his forehead. He was definitely running a fever. 

“I hope you called into work...” she said. 

He shook his head. “I’m going on tomorrow. It’s a big week.” 

She looked at him like he had three heads. “Are you nuts? You need to be in bed. Probably not just for tomorrow, either.” 

“Hannah.” He warned. His tone of voice made it clear that this wasn’t up for argument. 

“I’m not missing work just because I have the sniffles. I’m a grown man.” 

Hannah scoffed. He could be so stubborn. 

“Alright, grown man. Goodnight.” She stood up and left the room, closing the door behind her. 

If he didn’t want her to take care of him, she wouldn’t.

13 minutes ago, Missxxch said:

If he didn’t want her to take care of him, she wouldn’t.

Oooo I’m going to enjoy when he changes his mind. Very cute!

In the morning, both of their alarms went off at 6:30. 

Hannah groaned, but rolled out of bed. It was Wednesday. Outside, a pink and purple twilight flirted with her, the shy sun getting ready to rise. 

“Hah-Schhhuh!” It sounded like Tyler was awake as well. Their rooms were right beside each other, and she’d heard every cough, sniffle, and sneeze that kept him from sleeping last night. She heard the sound of him blowing his nose weakly, then his heavy footsteps as he walked to the bathroom. 

Hannah felt a pang in her heart. It would be a miserable day for him, and he had no business being out of bed. 

“HehSchhhuuh! HehSchhhht! Heh... Schhhht!” He thundered down the hall. He was never one for quiet sneezes. 

Hannah sighed and got dressed for her day. She was a dance teacher at the local high school. Today, she had ballet and tap during the day, then another ballet class for adults in the evening, at the local community centre. 

Donning a lightweight t-shirt, an activewear zip-up, and her favourite wide leg pants, which moved so well, she was ready to conquer her 12 hour day. 

As she walked to the kitchen, she heard Tyler switch the shower off, setting off another small fit of sneezes. This was not atypical; he always  seemed to be at his sneeziest in the morning, the shower steam a notorious provoker. 

“HehSchiuuuh! Ahschhhuh! Ahschhhuh! Heh.... Achhhhuh!”

“Bless you.” She called, offering an olive branch. 

“Thank you.” He called back, his voice half an octave deeper than it ought to be. 

Hannah rolled her eyes. When his cold finally defeated him, and it would, she wouldn’t be there to rub his back or make him soup. 

She switched on the coffee machine, and got started on breakfast; oatmeal and fruit. 

After about ten minutes, Hannah sat at the table, enjoying her coffee and devouring her breakfast, when Tyler emerged, dressed for work. 

“Morning.” He grumbled. Even if she didn’t sleep just a thin wall away from him, she’d have known that he didn’t get any rest last night. His face was sallow, bags under his eyes heavy, purplish. His nose looked swollen and red, and the skin below his nostrils was already looking dry. 

“Good morning.” Hannah gave him a small smile, trying her best to hide all traces of sympathy and love. 

He walked past her, filling a cup with water, and gulping it down in a matter of seconds. Then, again. After the second cup, he poured himself a generous mug of coffee and sat next to Hannah. 

“Busy day?” He asked her. He already knew, Wednesday was her longest, most tiring day. After her advanced ballet class, Hannah always felt behind on her technique and stamina; she shouldn’t be this tired. Meanwhile, her year 11 dancers had a seemingly endless supply of energy. 

Oh yeah.” She grinned. “Already looking forward to Netflix tonight.” 

He gave her a sleepy smile in return. 

“Yeah, me too. We’re dealing with that divorce case today, and I’m already exhausted by the paper work.” 

“Brutal.” She commiserated. She noticed then that he smelled, very intensely, of vapour rub. Hannah found herself feeling amused by this. It wasn’t the most subtle scent, and Tyler’s colleagues and clients would notice, no doubt. Tyler pulled out a tissue and dabbed absentmindedly at his inflamed nose. 

He winced as it made contact with his raw flesh, angry like a hive of bees. 

“Did you want to get lunch together?” Hannah asked casually. 

Tyler held up a finger. “Hhheh...” his face crumbled, irritated tears visible through his dark lashes. “Heh-nxxxt! Huh TISCHHHUH! Huh- AHACHHHUH! Ugh.” 

He turned away from her and gave a big blow into his pathetic, defeated tissue. Hannah wanted to reach out and hold him. But she didn’t. 

“Bless.” She said, pushing her poker face to its limits. 

Tyler gave a light cough. “Be right back.” He said, voice gravelly and thick. He came back with several tissues in hand, and folded them into his pants’ pocket. 

“Sorry, what was the Snf! question?”

He yawned, covering his mouth in his elbow. 

“Lunch?” She asked again. 

“Oh. Yeah.” He batted at his nose, already itchy again. “Love to.” 

“Great.” Hannah smiled. “Meet me at school?” 

He nodded, clearly distracted by his sinuses. Hannah sipped at the last bit of her coffee. 

“Heh... ugh, God’s sake... heh... Tschhhuh! Ahschhhuh!” 

Hannah continued to sip, and Tyler soaked through another tissue.

10 hours ago, Missxxch said:

Bless.” She said, pushing her poker face to its limits. 

Hahahahahahaha this is totally me!

Continuing to enjoy this. Thank you!

Thanks so much for your comments! So glad you’re enjoying the story so far! 

At 11:59, Tyler was parked out front at the high school, the closest spot he could get to the doors outside the dance studio. 

Hannah was feeling great. A busy but productive morning had left her energized. She was in the car by 12:02. 

“Hey,” she said, climbing into the passenger seat. She looked over at her friend. 

“Hey.” The morning had taken its toll on him. His skin was flushed from fever, dark circles deepened. He pressed his fist to his twitching nose. 

“Hhhih... Tschhhuh!” He sneezed harshly, but didn’t move, clearly gearing up for more. 

“Hahtschhhhuh! Huhschhht! Heh.... Tschhhuh!”

“Bless you.” Hannah said quietly. 

Tears spilled onto his cheeks from the force. He pulled out a very used up looking tissue and tried to clean himself up. 

“Ugh. Been doing that all morning.” He said, congestion clogging his sinuses and voice. 

Was that a surrender? 

“Where to?” He sniffled thickly. 

Perhaps not. He was determined to change the subject, fine. 

“Erm, feel like Thai? There’s a spot a few blocks away.” 

Tyler nodded. “Sounds great. Let’s g... heh... Huhschhhuh! Heh... Snf. Let’s go.”

He began driving, but before they were even out of the parking lot, he scrunched his face up and took one hand off the wheel to press against his nose. 

“HehTSCHHHUH! Ah... Schhhhuh! Tschhhuh! Tschhhuh!” 

He sneezed over his shoulder, away from Hannah. Hannah looked over at him. He sniffled, his nose clearly full of fluid that would be spilling out any moment now. His eyebrows were knitted together in a frustrated, tired expression, his eyes straight in front of him on the road. 

“Bless you. Do you want a tissue? I have some in my purse.”

“No thank you. I’m fine.”

Hannah made an incredulous sound under her breath. Tyler shot a glare at her. 

Now Hannah was practically fuming. If he wanted ice, that’s what he would get. 

“Heh...” now on the main road, Tyler was gearing up for more sneezes. “Hehschhhuh! Heh... Tschhhhuh!” 

A car began to switch into their lane. 

“Hehtschhhuh! Heh... Tschhhuh!”

“Tyler! Stop the car!” Hannah yelled. He obeyed, and the car made it, safely in front of them. 

“Pull over.” Hannah growled. 

Tyler sighed, but did as he was told. 

Without a word, they switched seats, Hannah taking over as her passenger launched into small sneezing fits. 

He sniffled constantly. He had to be itching for a tissue, but was still too prideful to ask for her help. 

Hannah took a deep breath, tuning him out as best she could, and drove to the restaurant. 

They were there in no time, and hurried inside to find a table, still silent. 

The restaurant was relatively busy, but they were seated quickly. 

“Be right back.” Tyler mumbled, excusing himself to the men’s room. Hannah just stared back coldly. 

While he was away, she worried about him, a wave of guilt washing over her for not being able to keep him in bed. 

It’s not my job. 

Still, he’d have to give into his illness sooner or later. Hannah found herself wondering if he’d let Juliette take care of him when he got sick. 

She thought about snuggling against his feverish body, catching his sneezes in plentiful, clean tissues. A shiver ran down her spine. 

Tyler sat back down at the table. He was looking rough, nose redder than ever, and beads of sweat clinging to his hairline. 

“Know what you’re ordering?” She asked him.

I’m enjoying these two characters and this delicious story! So ready for the caretaking...in due time of course! 

3 hours ago, Reader said:

I’m enjoying these two characters and this delicious story! So ready for the caretaking...in due time of course! 

Thanks so much for all of your positive feedback!! I really appreciate it ❤️

“Alright guys, that’s a wrap! Thanks so much for your energy tonight!” 

The dancers joined Hannah in clapping for the class, and everyone packed up their things. 

She was exhausted. 

The drive back home was quick, thankfully. She was ready to kick back and not have to focus on much of anything until tomorrow morning. 

Inside, she was surprised to find the lights on and hear the sound of quiet music floating from the kitchen, where Tyler liked to work. 

“Hey, I’m home.” She called. 

“Hey.” He croaked back. Hannah exhaled, tight with frustration and concern. She hung her coat up on the hook and headed into the living area. 

Tyler was hunched over a thick folder of documents. On the kitchen table he had a steaming mug of tea, and a quickly depleting tissue box. Now out of his constricting work clothes, he wore an old hoodie and a pair of sweat pants. 

“HihSchhhhuh! Snff.” He plucked a fresh tissue and blew productively into it. Hannah sat beside him as he discarded the tissue into the garbage, which belonged in the bathroom, but was now right beside his chair. 

“Bless you.” She said. “How was your day?” 

“My day...” He turned away to cough, then stifled another two sneezes into his shoulder. 

“Bless you again...” Hannah said, her genuine love for him seeping in. 

Tyler sniffled. “Thanks Han. My day was fine. Long.” He blew his nose again. 

How could he be so comfortable with her right beside him, and yet so determined to leave her out of his cold? 

“This case is ki... hih... hah... Snf... ...false alarm, sorry... It’s kicking my ass.”
Ah yes, the ca
se was kicking his ass. 

“Sounds like you could use a break.” Hannah raised an eyebrow. “Want some popcorn, and we can watch our show?” 

Tyler gave a weak smile. “Maybe just an episode. Another early morning tomorrow though, I shouldn’t...” he yawned. “... Stay up too late.” 

Hannah took his hand and began to pull him up out of his chair, leading him to the couch. 

“A morning person you are not.” She teased. 

Tyler flopped down on his side of the couch. 

Hannah got up to pop the popcorn. “Anything to drink?” She called from the kitchen. 

“.... Schhhah! Tschhhuh! ... Yeah, can you bring my tea over, please?” 

“Sure.” 

Hannah brought over the tea, popcorn, and a water for herself. Tyler was shivering. 

“You cold?” She asked. 

He shook his head. “No, I’m great.” 

She rolled her eyes and sat down, switching their show on. He continued to tremble, shaking the whole couch just a little. Hannah resisted the strong urge to challenge his stubbornness, and instead unfolded the thick blanket on the couch’s arm, and covered them both with it. Tyler said nothing. 

He barely grazed the popcorn. After tearing through 3/4 of the bowl herself, Hannah set it on the coffee table and looked over at him. 

He was fading fast. He looked as if staying awake was something that hurt him. Nose dripping steadily, he weakly dabbed at it with an exhausted tissue. 

His droopy eyes met hers. “What?” He asked. 

Then, an irritated expression overcame his face. Tyler leaned his head back, breath unsteady, eyelashes fluttering. 

“Heh... HehTSCHHH’ICHHUH! Hehschhhhuh! Hhhh.... hehtschhhuh! Hahschhhht! Tschhhh’ichuh!” He sneezed into his elbow, each expulsion making him contract as if he were being punched in the gut. “Heh... Tschhhh’ichhhuh!” 

“Bless you,” Hannah called after him pathetically, as he headed to the kitchen for a much needed fresh tissue. 

He blew for almost a minute, then took a new tissue and used that one up. 

“Ty?” Hannah called. 

He poked his head out of the kitchen, eyes red and swollen now to match his nose, a sheen of tears and snot under his eyes and nose. 

“Can you bring the tissue box over when you come back? My fingers are all buttery.”

Tyler shot her a tired, grateful smile. 

He slouched back over and laid down again on the couch, legs bent to give Hannah space. “Heh... tsxxxct! Tsxxxxt! Tsxxxxt!” He stifled three rapid, breathy sneezes into his shoulder. Hannah’s heart swelled. The urge to look after him was driving her insane. But she would wait until he asked. 

They “watched” tv for another hour, Tyler quickly falling asleep, and Hannah spending more time looking at him than at the television. He had finished his tea, and when he didn’t eat his share of the popcorn, Hannah had. 

Now it was 11:00, much earlier than they would call it a night, most nights. But Tyler was sound asleep. His mouth hung open, lips dry and pale. He snored steadily. Hannah pulled the blanket up, nestling it into him, tucking it under his arms and legs. 

He looked... sick. 

His forehead was covered in a film of sweat. Hannah took a tissue and gently dabbed it up. She touched his forehead, which was definitely warmer than it had been last night. He stirred, but didn’t wake up. She sighed. There was only so much she could do to help while he was asleep. 

Hannah cleaned up the dishes, then folded all of Tyler’s papers back into the folder neatly. She turned off all the lights in the kitchen. Then, she sat on the couch, next to Tyler. There was a perfectly sized space, where she would’ve liked to cuddle up, cheek resting on his chest, their bodies intertwined. Instead, she touched his shoulder. 

“Tyler? Wake up,” she called softly. “It’s time for us to get to bed.” 

“Hmm?” He moaned. Hannah rubbed his shoulder as he awoke. 

“Sorry,” she said, as he rubbed his eyes. “I thought you’d like to sleep in your bed.”  

Tyler cleared his throat, where a thick layer of mucus has settled. 

“Yeah, I do.” He groaned. “Thanks for waking me up.” He sat up slowly. Hannah stayed where she was, fixated on him. 

“Heh...” his head floated back again. “Heh...Tschhht! Heh... Tschhhu’uh!” Each sneeze left him more drained and defeated. 

“Bless you.” Hannah rubbed his back gently, she couldn’t help it. The hoodie fabric stuck to his skin, which seemed to be sweaty from head to toe. 

“Thanks.” Tyler sniffled and pulled himself to his feet. He walked, footsteps heavy, to his bedroom. “Night, Han.” And pulled the door in behind him. 

“Goodnight.” Hannah called back. She sauntered down the hallway and pulled her own bedroom door in behind her.

1 hour ago, Missxxch said:

There was a perfectly sized space, where she would’ve liked to cuddle up, cheek resting on his chest, their bodies intertwined. Instead, she touched his shoulder. 

AGJYGHU. I want them together SO BAD. Can't wait to read more!

Such a dreamy part and my eyes devoured this! I love that Hannah isn’t throwing herself at him and I love that Tyler is so comfortable around her. 

This is AMAZING.  I wonder if he is avoiding let her care for him because he is afraid it will be obvious how much he actually wants her to be his girlfriend?  Guess I’ll have to wait and see

... I’m having so much fun writing this! 
Thank you so much for all of your feedback!!

Hannah woke up at 8:15. After hectic Wednesdays, Thursdays were for rest. She only had one class, with her year 10s, at 2:00. Today, though, they were off on a field trip. The day was hers! 

She opened the curtains to find a sunny fall day. On the street, an oak tree’s leaves were turning golden-orange. Hannah smiled. 

Wearing underwear and a t-shirt, her sleeping outfit of choice, she padded down the hall, to the bathroom. The sound of Tyler’s snoring floated from his bedroom. She froze in place. 

He had slept through his alarm, and was missing work. Hannah furrowed her brow. Should she let him sleep? Should she try to call into work for him? 

She opened his door a crack. He was sleeping heavily, nose red and a pile of tissues on the night stand, next to his phone. He needed to rest. 

Hannah closed the door gently and googled his firm, for the phone number. 

“Hello, Bergman and Associates.”

“... Hi, this is Hannah Gladstone... I’m Tyler Fuller’s room mate.”

“Oh, hi. We’ve been trying to reach him. Is everything alright?”

Hannah exhaled. 

“He’s got a nasty cold. I’m afraid he won’t be able to come in today.” 

“I see.” Said the receptionist. “Well, thank you for calling. Please pass along well wishes, and tell him we’ll figure things out once he’s up to it.” 

“I will. Thank you.” 

Hannah hung up. Sure, the firm would’ve preferred some notice, but Tyler was only human. His colleagues would have to get through the day without him. 

She went into the kitchen and made some coffee. Sipping it slowly, she wondered if he’d be out all day. 

The house was too quiet. Turning the tv on low, she settled in on the couch, where she usually parked herself on Thursdays. 

Within a few minutes, she heard a soft sound coming from down the hall. She paused her show. 

Hannah?” Tyler’s voice groaned, congested and sleepy. 

Hannah got up and hurried into his room. He was lying down on his side, eyes open but unfocused. 

“Good morning.” She sat down next to him. 

Tyler squeezed his eyes shut. “Han, I feel like shit...” 

Hannah’s hand floated to his blanketed back, almost involuntarily. She began to rub circles. 

“I know. I’m sorry.” 

“Hhh.. Tschhhu’uh!” He sneezed, jolting away from her. 

“Bless you.” She touched his forehead cautiously with her cool fingers. “... Tyler, you have a fever. Can I help you get it down? I’m home all day.” 

Tyler looked at her. His face seized into another pre-sneeze expression. Then, it passed. He relaxed. “Please.” He said, simply. 

Hannah was surprised. Relieved. 

She quickly went to the bathroom, to assess their stock of medication for such situations. Vicks, NyQuil. She grabbed them both. 

“I’ll get you some water.” She said, and rushed back out. 

She filled a glass, lukewarm. She had heard something about super cold water upsetting people’s stomachs when they were sick. 

“Here, Ty.” She said, sitting back in her spot. “Just one.” She poured it into her hand. “Can you sit up for me? Don’t want you to choke.” 

He pulled himself up, weakly and slowly.

“Open up...” she smiled at him, partially teasing him. He smiled back, pulling away suddenly to duck his head into his elbow. 

“... Chhhuh! Hehtschhhuh! Heh... tschhhuh! Huhtschhhu!” 

“Bless you.” 

Tyler sniffled. “Could you...” he croaked. 

Hannah handed him a tissue. He gave another small smile, then turned away from her slightly, to blow his nose. 

“Sorry.” He grimaced. “I’m so disgusting. You didn’t sign up for this when you let me move in,” he half-joked, reaching past her to discard the tissue on the table. 

Hannah felt her face redden. “... I don’t mind.” 

Tyler swallowed the pill, wincing as it went down. 

“Sore throat?” She asked him. He nodded. 

“The best thing you can do is sleep.” She advised him. He nodded again and lay down. Hannah adjusted the covers over him, checking in with his cloudy eyes for consent as she patted his body gently. 

“Thank you.” He said. 

Hannah gave a soft smile and pulled herself to her feet. “... I’ll leave you to sleep.” 

Tyler shook his head, gearing up to sneeze again. “Hhhh... wait... hehTschhhuh! Tschhu’uh! Tschhhhuh! Heh.... hhh... hhehTschhhh’uhhh!” 

“Bless you, Ty.” Hannah passed him another tissue. This time he dabbed, but didn’t blow. 

“My nose is so sore.” He complained. “Uh...” he started. “Do you think you could stay?” He asked. “Maybe just... snf. ...Maybe just until I’m asleep?” 

Hannah nodded quickly. “Of course.” 

Tyler reached out and squeezed her hand. 

“Thank you.” He whispered. 

Hannah pulled out her phone, still sitting on the bed’s edge. 

“Han, you can lie down if you want...” Came his hesitant voice behind her. 

Oh, she wanted. 

Hannah laid down next to him, over the bed’s covers. The pillow was warm under her head, and she could smell Tyler’s laundry detergent. 

They looked at each other for a second, Tyler’s glossy, bright green eyes blinking gratitude at her. Hannah stared back with her baby blues, heart beating fast. Here they were, inches apart. 

“Hhh...” Tyler scrunched his face up and quickly rolled away from Hannah. “HehTschhhhuh! HehIschhhh’uh! Tschhhhuh!” He wiped at his nose with his hoodie’s sleeve. 

“Sorry. Gross.” He mumbled. 

“You’re not gross, Tyler.” Hannah soothed. “Here.” She offered a tissue. 

“Mmm, thank you.” Tyler mumbled, getting sleepier. He remained turned away, and blew softly into it. 

Then he was quiet. Hannah could hear the congestion in his chest with every breath. His breath slowly evened out, morphing into a snore that made the bed tremble. 

Hannah turned onto her back and pulled her phone out again. She was content to stay here all day. Tyler’s phone went off with a loud dinging sound. 

“Mmff.” He groaned and turned to face Hannah, still asleep. 

She switched the sound off on his phone and placed it back on the table. 

He was so close to her. His snores become regular again, as the medicine worked through his body. His nose was beginning to run, a glistening trail peaking out. Hannah grabbed a fresh tissue and gently wiped it clean. 

“Mm.” He mumbled again. He put a heavy arm around her. Hannah’s heart burst. He looked so sweet. 

She leaned up, trying not to disturb him, and discarded the old tissue on the nightstand. 

Tempted to sleep, she closed her eyes for a few minutes, but found herself wide awake. Slowly, she turned onto her other side, the two of them now in a spooning position, although, not right against each other’s bodies. 

Hannah pulled out her phone and scrolled, her friend snoring steadily, inches away from her ear.

“Heh... Tschhhh’Uh!” Tyler sprayed against the back of Hannah’s neck. Tingles ran down her spine as she realized what had happened. Slowly, she turned to glance at him over her shoulder. He was stirring from his sleep, wiggling his nose around again, gearing up for more. Hannah turned to face him, as he ripped foreword with explosive sneezes. 

“HehTschhhUh! Tschhhu’uh! Hehtschhhuh!” His occupied head found its way onto Hannah’s chest. She felt a bright blush creep into her face. 

“Guh...” Tyler brought his head up slowly, nose dripping from the expulsions. 

“Oh god Hannah, I’m so sorry...” he looked mortified and brought his elbow up to cover his messy face, before turning away entirely. “Fuck.” He groaned. 

“Tyler, it’s fine. Don’t worry.” She pulled tissues and cleaned herself up. “Here.” She offered him some fresh ones. 

He blew his nose into them, curling up into himself. 

“Hey, look at me.” Hannah called gently. 

He turned slowly, crushing his face into the pillow. The eye not squished into the soft cushion met hers, glassy, almost tearful. 

“Hey.” Hannah found her arms around him, a gesture he soon joined, hot, soft skin pressing into hers in an embrace. “It’s okay. Really.” 

She tangled her fingers in his dark hair, damp from his fever. 

He let out a soft moan. “Thanks.” 

“How are you feeling?” Hannah asked, eyes full of concern. 

A chuckle-cough escaped from Tyler’s sore throat. He sat up and Hannah passed him some water. 

“I kind of feel worse.” He admitted.  

Hannah frowned. 

“Anything I can do?” She asked. 

He shook his head. “Nice to have you here-.” He broke off into a fit of coughs, ducking away from her. 

Hannah offered him water. He accepted. 

“Good. When you’re not sleeping, I want you drinking.” She approved. 

Tyler dove back into his pillow. 

“HhhHHH...” he gasped, gaping mouth growing larger. “Hhtschhhhuh! Hihtschhh’uh!” 

“Bless you.” She patted his back. 

“So tired... snf. of sneezing.” He said, breath still hitchy. 

“Want some Vicks?” Hannah asked. “Might help with some of that congestion.”

“Mmhmm.” He mumbled, a sudden bout of dizziness causing him to close his eyes. 

Hannah opened the jar of vapour rub. “Maybe chest and nose?” Tyler nodded, eyes still closed. He pinched the bridge of his nose. His face was full of pressure, and it was getting to him. He could feel the beginnings of a headache behind his eyes. 

Hannah gulped. “I think you should take your hoodie off.” Tyler opened a tired eye to look at her. 

“I can’t get to your chest, but also, it’s too warm. You’re running a temperature, you shouldn’t be bundled up like that.”

Tyler groaned, already craving sleep again. 

“Last time I’ll make you sit up for a while.” Hannah promised, helping him to pull the hoodie up and over his head. 

All of his limbs felt floaty and weak. 

“Hehtschhhuh! Hehtschhuh! Huh... Tschhhhuh!” 

Tyler sneezed openly; he didn’t have the energy for anything else.  Goosebumps formed all over his exposed skin. He sunk back down beneath the covers. 

Hannah gently pulled the blanket down to expose the top of his chest, then began to rub the product into his skin. 

Tyler was hit right away by the pungent odour. He gave a small cough, then turned his head to the side. “‘Tschhhu’uh! Tschhhuh! Tschhhu!” 

“Bless you.” Came Hannah’s soft but focused voice, as she continued to massage it into his chest. 

“Thanks.” He croaked. He tried to sniffle, but was too plugged up. 

“Let’s get to that nose.” Hannah doted, coating her two fingers again in the vapour rub. 

Tyler’s breath shuddered as she approached him. 

“Are you going to sneeze?” Hannah asked. 

He nodded, eyes fluttering. 

“Tschhhu’UH!” 

He sneezed over his shoulder, and stayed there for a moment. Hesitantly, he turned back, watery eyes and flushed skin. 

Hannah gave him a sympathetic smile and went in, gently massaging his irritated nose. 

Tyler inhaled sharply. “Guh... Gonna snee... heee... HEHtschhh’UH! Hahtschhhuh! Hehtschh’uUh! Hehtschhu’uh!”

Hannah pulled back as he sneezed into the air, his torso snapping forward with each uncontrollable expulsion. 

“Bless you, Ty.” Hannah said softly. She gingerly grabbed a tissue and dabbed at his chapped nostrils, then coating the skin with Vicks. 

Tyler sniffled, a small whistle of air, proving that the rub was already clearing things up a little. He groaned and rolled onto his stomach. His position in the bed made him look small. 

“It okay if I lie with you some more?” Hannah asked. 

He nodded, keeping his sore eyes shut. “Yes, please. Stay.” 

Hannah laid down, facing him. She felt the warmth of his closeness to her. His knees, curled up in fetal position, made contact with the skin on her own legs. The heat and moisture made her wince. Hopefully this would be the worst of his cold. 

“I feel like garbage.” He whined, opening his eyes. He looked to his friend for comfort. 

“Come here.” Hannah invited him. She rolled onto her back, presenting the front of her body to his as a cushion. Tyler moved quickly towards her, snuggling up against her chest. 

Hannah wrapped her arms around him. They both felt safe. 

Hannah found herself overcome by her desire for him. Not just a physical need, but an all-encompassing one. She wanted to be there for him for everything he needed. She wanted to be his person. 

Tyler’s ear was right against her chest. She wondered if he could hear it beating. He looked up at her. 

“I can feel you staring at me.” He joked in his tired, hoarse voice. 

Hannah’s heart beat increasingly faster. 

“... You know I love you, right?” She felt light-headed as soon as the words had left her mouth. 

Tyler was frozen for a few seconds. He was in no state to be taking in this information. He brought a clammy hand to Hannah’s cheek. 

“I love you too, Hannah.” He said, simply. He couldn’t possibly be more vulnerable than he was, right in this moment. 

Hannah’s heart burst with joy. She had been waiting for years to hear him say these words. But then she felt guilty. He was sick, and he had a high fever. That was the priority. He might not even know what he was saying. 

She looked down at him again, full of longing. He was already drifting off to sleep. 

Hannah sighed and gave his forehead a light kiss. She hoped he had meant it, and that he would remember. 
Light, whistling snores began to escape his lips. He was heavy and soft against her, skin to skin. 
She knew he would sleep for most of the day. It was the best thing for him. Sweat was beading on his forehead, his whole body on the damp side. Hannah gently dabbed up the moisture on his handsome face. He let out a sleepy groan and nestled his head further against her chest. 
Hannah let her mind wander. Maybe they could spend every night like this from now on.