Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spring allergies

ID2006

How did we go from freezing to allergies so quickly. I don't remember having bad spring allergies last year (fall yes, spring no), but I'm also usually a hermit inside with nice air conditioning. Today I was hanging out with my sister-in-law and she opened the windows. I went from fine to noticing my eyes getting itchy. Then it was the non-stop runny nose. I was coloring and kept trying to discreetly wipe under my nose with my finger. Finally, I admitted defeat, realizing that unless I wanted to leave my finger there, nothing was going to keep the thin watery mucous from dripping down to my upper lip. I dug around in my purse and found a tissue that I blew into before tucking it away. Minutes later I was reaching for the tissue again. After a few times of repeating the process, the tissue was a sopping mess. I'm home now and my throat is sore and scratchy. Symptoms are a little better thanks to benadryl kicking in. It has been years since I've taken something regularly specifically for allergies but if things continue like this, guess I'll have to get reacquainted with that area of the pharmacy. Anyone else develop more intense allergies this year or struggling already?

Definitely already struggling. Two weeks ago, we had freezing temps and heavy snow. However, tomorrow the temp is going to be in the high 60s. And allergy season is already starting. Last year, I started having problems in mid April at the earliest. Tree and grass pollen isn't even on the radar here, yet, so this should be an interesting allergy season. 

A few weeks ago, I read this great article about this year's allergy season. It was an eye opener, to say the least. 

Nothing to sneeze at: Global warming triggers earlier pollen (nbcnews.com)

My  half Japanese friend has them awful year round but her allergist told her, that they expect pollen levels to be twice what they where last year. I personally don't have any allergies but I hope that her allergist is wrong! As much as I prefer allergies to colds, enough is enough already the suffering people are going through with them is getting way out of hand! They really do need to CURE allergies.Am tired of seeing people suffering from them!

On 3/7/2021 at 3:28 AM, ickydog2006 said:

How did we go from freezing to allergies so quickly.

Surely you mean 'from freezing to sneezing'? It's OK, I'll see myself out... :lol:

8 hours ago, NoV said:

Surely you mean 'from freezing to sneezing'? It's OK, I'll see myself out... :lol:

Lol. What a missed opportunity