Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spring in Hatchetfield (The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals, Paul Matthews)

MeForever

Heh, first fic on the forum in quite a while! I’ve been mildly obsessed with The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals and I just couldn’t help myself. Obligatory English is not my first language so there might be some wonky grammar or spelling in here, sorry! I hope you enjoy it!

Paul sniffed uncomfortably as he walked into the office. It was a beautiful late spring day. Nice and warm with a small breeze. Perfect, if you weren't allergic to pollen. And even the less than five minute walk from his car to the office was enough for his allergies to start bothering him. 

“Morning Paul!” Melissa beamed at him. Paul returned the smile, rubbing absentmindedly at his nose. 

“Morning Melissa!” he said. To his frustration, his nose was already itching quite badly. He hadn’t taken the antihistamine he still had because it made him annoyingly sleepy. He stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to the third floor. As soon as the doors closed he immediately pressed his wrist against his nose, trying to will the now spiking itch in his nose away. It didn’t work though. “H’nxxx! H’xnntc!” two tightly stifled sneezes escaped him. Paul sighed and got out of the elevator. He headed to his cubicle and practically fell into his chair. “He’Xxcn!” he barely managed to stifle the sneeze. 

“Bless you!” 

Paul jumped, surprised by the sudden voice to his left. He looked over and saw Bill sitting next to him at his own desk. “Thank you.” he muttered. Looking over to the window on his other side, he saw to his dismay that it was opened widely. On one hand, he knew he should close it. Otherwise this day would not be very fun. On the other hand, the window was in Ted’s cubicle. Which meant he’d have to ask Ted. And there was a good chance Ted would just refuse anyway. So, he resigned himself to a day of suffering. 

He wasn’t even an hour into the day when he thoroughly regretted that thought. His breath hitched again and he quickly turned away from Ted, who’d been complaining about one thing or another. “Hu’exxnt! H’nnnx!” he couldn’t help but wince a little as the last sneeze scraped against his throat. “S’cuse me.” he mumbled.

“Ew, gross.” Ted said. Paul rolled his eyes, fighting against the embarrassed flush working it’s way up his face. 

“That’s an interesting way to say bless you. It’s because you keep your window open so wide.” he complained. Ted scoffed in response. 

“Not my problem, should have taken anti whateverthefuck.” he said. 

“Antihistamine.” Paul deadpanned. Ted waved his hand.

“That. Sorry dude but if I close the window I’ll choke because of this goddamn heat.” Ted said a little more apologetically. Paul sighed and was about to respond when he was forced to turn away again. 

Hu’Achhew! H’nXxct!” he didn’t manage to stifle the first sneeze. 

“Bless you!” Charlotte said, who’d just entered the room. Paul jumped, not expecting her. 

“Thank you.” he responded, rubbing his nose again. He sat down again, grabbing a tissue and blowing his nose for what felt like the tenth time that day (and judging from the glare that Ted gave him he’d been doing it more than enough to be annoying) “He’xXC!” rubbing his eyes, he made up his mind. “I’m going to Beanies. Anyone want anything?” he asked. 

“GET ME A CHAI TEA!” Ted yelled. 

It was a short walk to the cafe. He’d normally enjoy the weather, but now he was just focussed on getting to the place as soon as he could. When he practically reached the entrance to Beanies the itch in his nose spiked again and he had to steady himself on the doorframe. 

H’nnXc! H’Xxch! X’xxchew!” he groaned. 

“Bless!” Emma called from inside. He looked up at her and smiled. 

“Hi Emma. Sorry.” he said. Emma shrugged. 

“No worries. Don’t sneeze like that.” she said. Paul frowned.

“Why not?” he asked, walking over to the counter. 

“You could burst a blood vessel. Or rupture your throat.” 

Paul shook his head affectionately, muttering something about biology students. “I will sneeze h-how, fuck, sohh-rry, H’xxchh! h’Achew! However I damn please.” he said. 

“Next time you sneeze like that I’ll punch you.” Emma quipped. The joke didn’t quite land with Paul however. 

“Please don’t. I’ve been suffering enough already.” he said. As if to punctuate his claim, he immediately turned away from Emma again. “Hu’Achh!” Emma’s face softened.

“How are you holding up?” she asked more gently. Paul shrugged.

“My nose feels like it’s trying to escape my face. Ted won’t close the damn window in the office so I’m not getting any relief inside.” he said, rubbing his nose and blinking. Emma nodded sympathetically. 

“Not fun I hear. Order?” she asked. She didn’t want to push him, but she could almost feel the glare of her boss on her back if she chatted too long. 

“Oh yeah, uh, He’Atch! H’Uchew! Sorry, one black coffee and a chai tea.” he said. 

“Bless. Coming right up.” she said. It was quiet for a bit, the silence only broken by Paul’s occasional sniffles. Then, Emma chuckled. “You know, this could be the universe’s way of revenge for that time you got me those scented candles.” she said. Paul trew his hands up, although he was smiling slightly.

“How was I supposed to know you were sensitive to those? You never t- fuck’sss sake A’chhu! Hu’achew! Told me!” he said. He sighed, pulling a tissue from his pocket and blowing his nose. “Sorry. God I feel gross.” he said. Emma placed the drinks next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“You look miserable Paul. Can’t you just take an antihistamine?” she asked. Paul shook his head.

“Makes me too sleepy to properly work.” he said. Shaking his head again to clear it, he smiled at Emma. “I’ll be alright babe, really. It’s just annoying.” he said. He looked at the clock behind Emma. “Damn, I have to go back. Sorry Em.” he said. Emma leaned forward and kissed him. She couldn’t help herself, and quickly kissed him on the nose as well. Paul practically shoved her off him and buried his face into his elbow. H’acchew! Hu’Achh! A’cchhew! He’Ticchew! h-h-Hu”tchhew! Emma!” he whined. Emma chucked. 

“Sorry Paul. Didn’t expect it to make you sneeze. Honestly.” she said. 

“You’re a menace and I hate you.” he responded. But Emma could see the twinkle in his eye. She smiled wider. 

“I’ll see you after work. You coming to pick me up?” she asked. Paul nodded. 

“I will. Bye Em!” he said, and quickly exited the cafe. 

At 5 pm Emma finally exited the café . She’d been on her feet all day and was exhausted. Just like promised, Paul’s car was in front of the store. She quickly got in and closed the door before looking over at Paul. He smiled at her. His nose was almost bright red and his eyes looked slightly watery. He was about to lean over to give her a kiss when he held up a finger and turned away.

H’xxch! Sorry, H’tchh!” he sighed. 

“Bless you Paul.” she said affectionately. He sniffed and rubbed his nose. 

“Thank you. As soon as we’re home I’m taking those antihistamines, because this sucks. Let’s-” he cut himself off. “H’nxxc! Ugh, sorry. Do you want to drive maybe? I don’t want you to feel like I might crash the car.” he continued. Emma nodded. They got up and swapped seats. It was a good idea too, because as soon as Paul sat down he succumbed to another fit. “Hu’achew! H’EChhew! h-h’Achh! A’cchh! Hu’Achh! ” he sighed, leaning back in the car seat. Emma gently ran her hand over his knee. 

“Let’s get you home.” 

Edited by MeForever
  • 2 years later...

this is so good!! the banter between the characters is so cute and true to the source material, and oh my god the way you wrote emma and paul is adorable!!

thank you so much for sharing this ❤️