Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Cold In July (with wavs. self-obs, female)

Chanel_no5

Guess who has a cold? Me! It's a good ol' common head cold, which I know for sure because I took a PCR-test that came back negative. I'm fully vaccinated, but since breakthrough infections do happen and I'm the kind of person who's neurotic very careful, I wanna be sure. Now I am, so now you're gonna hear all about it. 

It started on Sunday morning with a dry throat, which I didn't think much of because I had been sleeping in a suffocatingly hot room and probably snored because I slept on my back which I never do. Then I went into the woods with my mom to pick some wild strawberries, and it felt like my throat was on FIRE by the time I got back home. I thought maybe, since I spent most of those hours bent over, I had either gotten really close to some plant that I unknowingly was allergic to, or it was reflux from the awkward positioning. I took an antihistamine and had a drink that's supposed to be good for heartburn and the likes. No difference. In fact, it got worse. It was bad, but it wasn't too bad, it felt more like a burning prickle than actual pain. I still thought allergies because my throat gives me that attitude when alders and hazels bloom (that shit started the spring I had turned 30. Never had an issue with tree pollen before that). Seemed odd though that my eyes were fine, because they're usually affected worse than my throat unless I take an antihistamine, so that was concerning, but I pushed that aside for the moment, rationale being "but I took it so late into the reaction, it's probably not going to calm down yet". I was slightly congested too, but that seemed like the least of my issues. 

Monday morning, I woke up to more of the same. Popped another antihistamine, then gargled saltwater and rinsed my sinuses with saltwater. That usually feels really, really good, but this time it only made it sting. I had a bit of a cough, but it was very sporadic. My nose started to run. It was INSANE!! It just would not stop! I used up a whole roll of kitchen paper over the day, if I leaned ever so slightly forward, mess just dripped out of my nose like water. I ended up sitting with a wad of paper pressed against my nose rather than wiping or blowing. That was just as efficient with less effort. :rolleyes: :lol:  I also started to sound very obviously ill, weak but thick voice and constantly sniffling. Lovely. I took another antihistamine around lunch but decided that if that one didn't make a dent in this, it was time to admit defeat. Of course, it didn't make any difference. I also started feeling shitty, running a lowgrade fever later in the afternoon, and my ear popped and began to hurt, so yes, I was sick alright. My concern was with what. So I texted my mom and asked if she could pick up a PCR test kit for me the next morning, and she said she would. I went to bed unsure whether to be worried or not. Now, since I'm the "just-in-case"-person that I am, and knowing that the not-nice virus making its rounds can also infect cats, and I love my cats more than anything in the universe, I had actually been wearing a mask at home since Sunday evening, "just-in-case", and they had to sleep in the kitchen because otherwise they sleep in my bed, and none of us was happy with this arrangement but yeah. Again, yes, I know I'm overthinking, but I firmly believe in better safe than sorry.

Tuesday morning, I woke up to find that I had lost my voice altogether. THAT, in that total capacity, hasn't happened to me since I was in middle school. :shock:  My fever was gone and my throat didn't hurt a whole lot, though, so that's a Swiss flag (a big plus.) I did cough a bit more, but not that endless fucking hacking that I suffered through a few years ago. That time, I couldn't take a single breath without wanting to cough. This was nothing like that. This was like... a quick burn in my throat, I coughed, the burn disappeared, and I could breathe normally again. (well, as normal as you can when your nose is filled up :rolleyes: ), and then I could go as much as an hour until it happened again. If this is the kind of cold that most you you normally experience, then I understand why you're not totally hellbent against catching one, because this isn't so bad. The kind of cold that I normally get is very different and unpleasant. I still don't enjoy this, but it's not the breathless cough hell I normally get when I catch a cold. 

ANYWAY. Rather than texting, my mom decided to call. Splendid. Because, remember, I had lost my voice altogether. I somehow managed to convey what I needed, and she came over with that test kit (and some cat food, because we were almost out and you're not allowed to go to the store - or anywhere - while symptomatic. Duh.). I took the test (no, I didn't sneeze from that swab, the sneezes come later), mom picked up the kit and delivered it to the health care center, and I just lounged about here at home, taking a painkiller for the ache in my ear, watched some cartoons, wallowed in self-pity without really meaning it because I don't feel THAT sick... but I did (and still do) feel a bit sick-icky, fuzz-brained and a bit dizzy, and the super high July temperatures outside don't really help. I ate ice cream to soothe my sore throat and conveniently denied the fact that my throat really wasn't that sore at all anymore... :lol: I still kept the cats at bay, just to be on the safe side, but they weren't too concerned because it was too hot for cuddles either way. 

And today, I woke up with a sinus headache, a congestion that varies between a slight hinder and total blockage, a tickle deep within my nose, and I've already sneezed several times. They range from rough stifles to strong, wet, full sneezes. I have a feeling this is going to be the sneeziest day, so it was excellent timing to wake up to a text that says my test result has come, and it was negative. I was 95 % sure it would be, but considering variants, it's still best to be cautious. It's a huge relief to know for sure though, and I'm gonna keep my phone handy so I can record some sneezes for you guys. :twisted: 

Now, is anyone interested in the origin story for this cold? Because I'm 100 % sure where I got it, because it fits the timeline and I haven't really been anywhere. Except on Friday morning, when I went to the health care center to get some bloodwork done. I'm, as you all know by now, super careful, but it seemed to me that every rule was followed; in the line to register, everyone kept their distance and everyone wore masks. In the waiting room, everyone kept distance and wore masks. Everyone in that waiting room was there to do bloodwork or other regular tests, no one was there seeking medical attention for symptoms. I was in the waiting room for about 15 minutes, then I was called into a room. I was the first patient inside that room that morning. I wore a mask and I didn't touch anything. The nurse wore a mask, she sanitized her hands, she wore gloves. But I did notice that she was sniffling a bit all the time. Just a light sniffle, but it was persistent. It did make my skin crawl considering, well, current events, but I fought to keep my calm by rational thoughts; she's health care staff, she's most likely fully vaxxed, you can't go to work symptomatic so she probably has regular allergies and her meds haven't kicked in yet, or she had an absolutely random sneeze earlier and this is residual effects, there are masks, sanitizers, gloves, I'll only be close to her for a few minutes at most, I'll be fine. 

I was not fine. Well, maybe I had been if I hadn't spent most part of Saturday sitting in front of a fan blowing cool air into my face, or had plenty of wine to drink in the evening. After this, I have changed my mind about those tropes being possible for an exposure to germs to become a full-blown (pun intended) cold. 

Okay. Well. So there you have it. Especially you contagion fans would probably love this, because the setting reads like a contagion fic. :rolleyes: :lol: 

Now, I'm gonna have to get some lunch*, and later on I might be able to record some sneezes. I'm starting to get that prickly "water-up-the-nose" sensation and that usually bodes... well, I guess, in context? :lol:  I still suspect this is karma for me writing a fictional summer cold on someone. The universe loves paybacks. :lol: 

*get lunch as in making lunch. I'm not going anywhere to get lunch. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Wow, I love your story, it's so well written that I can easily imagine your daily life. :wubsmiley:

Regarding the reaction you had to your cats, I completely understand you. My cat was the love of my life, I preferred him to any human being, if he could have caught a virus because of me, I would have been terribly sad. I can't wait for you to record a few sneezes on your phone, but I'm also very interested in where your cold comes from. Thank you very much for all these sharing. Bon appétit and bless you for all your future sneezes. :razz:

I have argued in the past that there is a Disney quote for EVERY situation imaginable. Today it's this: 

Yzma transformed into a cat: "Is that my voice? *cough* Is that MY voice?? Oh well." That's me right now. :rofl: And I sound lightyears better today than yesterday, I almost wish I had recorded just my voice yesterday but I didn't. :yay:  

Here's a bunch of wavs from today. You may want to keep the volume low to begin with because I'm fairly loud. Sorry about my rambling and about my awful accent. I'm trying to stop myself from talking because it just sounds stupid, but I talk all the time, so... 

This is a rambling talkie with a bunch of sniffling and moaning. For those of you who are just interested in the sneezes, they’re at circa 0:16, 0:34, 0:53, 02:01, 03:16.

https://voca.ro/1omwm6VgCExB

Two sneezes and me finding my condition hilarious. 

https://voca.ro/12Dx3SpAPWPM

Just one loud wet sneeze, plus sniffling and muttering about it. Bonus TV show in the background. :lol: 

https://voca.ro/1gtwsgM7aWqc

Lots of wet sniffling, a few wet, loud sneezes, a little bit of coughing, surprise background sounds from the TV show I want but can't focus on, a really disgusting noseblow at the end. :lol: I promise, if you're not super into messy blowing, heed my warning and stop when I say so. There's no more sneeze after it, so you don't miss anything of that kind. I'm not into noseblowing myself at all, so this is a one-off thing from me. 

https://voca.ro/13BZVDxfqMGP

2 hours ago, oOMariusOo said:

Wow, I love your story, it's so well written that I can easily imagine your daily life. :wubsmiley:

Regarding the reaction you had to your cats, I completely understand you. My cat was the love of my life, I preferred him to any human being, if he could have caught a virus because of me, I would have been terribly sad. I can't wait for you to record a few sneezes on your phone, but I'm also very interested in where your cold comes from. Thank you very much for all these sharing. Bon appétit and bless you for all your future sneezes. :razz:

Thank you. ^_^  I'm glad you enjoyed! I'm also glad there's someone else who understands that protective side towards a pet. Thank you. :) 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Wow, it's so cute to hear your sneezes, I really am a huge fan. Even though I have more difficulty understanding oral English, I found it all very sweet, very tender, I am full of compassion for you. Your snorting charms me to the highest point and your sneezes are like love at first sight. Even the way you blow your nose at the end. You literally electrified me, thank you very much ! :wub:

52 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Thank you! ^_^ 

Here's one more. Mostly just sniffling and sneezing. 

https://voca.ro/1okzg1xr6RdO

If there is one sound that I like to hear, it's when you come to rub a particularly crowded nose, like at 1:30 of the wav, I find that so Adorable! And each of your sneezes takes me to 7th heaven, if you have decided to make me happy, I am fulfilled. Thank you from the heart. Bless you. Always take good care of yourself. ^_^

4 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Lots of wet sniffling, a few wet, loud sneezes, a little bit of coughing, surprise background sounds from the TV show I want but can't focus on, a really disgusting noseblow at the end. :lol: I promise, if you're not super into messy blowing, heed my warning and stop when I say so. There's no more sneeze after it, so you don't miss anything of that kind. I'm not into noseblowing myself at all, so this is a one-off thing from me. 

https://voca.ro/13BZVDxfqMGP

I will admit, I am into messy nose blowing, so I thought that was great! 😳

Also, your accent is really cute. 😄

Thank you guys, I'm glad you enjoyed! 

I'm feeling worse today, bit feverish, worse cough, ear ache, sinus pain, general bleh. I think it's probably much because it's so fucking hot here, I'd be suffering even if I were completely healthy. I've only sneezed a couple of times today, and didn't have my phone close so I couldn't record. We'll see if there's more coming. 

I'm really tired of being sick now, so it can go away now, please and thank you. :lol: 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling worse. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for sharing your obs and all those recordings. I especially liked the nose blowing one.

Hopefully it's over soon. Summer colds really suck. I have plenty of stuff I should do, but my head is all fuzzy. 

I got one more recording; two sneezes (warning, the second, at 0:35, is really loud and throaty), some sniffling, moaning, and some coughing. 

https://voca.ro/16zBUAAN1eYs 

This is random and has nothing to do with sneezes, but you have a beautiful voice (even when sick). I am jealous! 

I am so tired of this cold. I guess technically the cold as a primary infection is more or less over, but now it's time for the secondary infections, which are the main reasons I absolutely don't want to get sick in the first place: bronchitis, ear infection, sinus infection. My whole face hurts. My whole head hurts. I constantly feel like I need to sneeze, but I never do, and I did induce one earlier because I couldn't stand the neverending itch, but it felt like my head would split open so not doing that again. :) And it's still hot af where I live, with a nearly 100 % humidity today. Ooooh yes. :dancesequence:

I'm genuinely miserable now. Not just "ugh, I hate being sick, it cramps my style". Also, I'm probably gonna have to climate-compensate for my overuse of kitchen paper towels and tissues and now I'm moving on to TP because oh my God there's no end...! Ughhh. I'm sorry, I needed to complain a little. Carry on. :ninja:

Poor Chanel 😟 It sucks that you're feeling so bad. I'm glad you shared all those wavs and descriptions with us, but I still hope you'll feel better ASAP. As someone who really likes to hear talkies in wavs, especially talking about illness, it would be an understatement to say that I didn't mind your talking 😅 Your sneezes and nose-blows are also amazing, but those secondary infections you describe sound awful and I hope they'll pass soon 🤞 Still, it's good to know that, for the most part, it wasn't as bad as when usually get sick. I hope that if you do happen to get sick in the future you'll only have slight head cold symptoms and nothing more. Obviously, you never getting sick is the most preferable option, even if it means no more detailed sharing like you've been doing these past few days 😇 All the best.