Sneeze Fetish Forum

Everyone else is crazy... right?

Bless you, Hi

Fetish-wise do you ever think everyone else is crazy? I work in New York and recently saw a pretty customer at the bar execute a wonderful prolonged sneezing fit. I blessed her and she thanked me. After, I looked around. It seemed my co-workers were carrying on with their jobs like nothing happened. How!?! Later I asked one of them if they noticed the woman at the bar who had a sneezing fit and he said "No. I missed it. Why? Did something happen after?"

How could u miss it! You ignored the best sneezing fit we've had the blessing of witnessing here in months! It's you who's crazy! You have no understanding of the ideal... Anyway, I was wondering if you've seen a great obs and are dumbfounded that everyone else ignores it or doesn't have any interest. I've accepted that many sneezes go unnoticed. But to me, NOT noticing a great sneezing fit is like a beautiful woman in skimpy clothes walking into the room and dancing provocatively. Then, after she leaves, everyone nearby says "Oh, did a dancing woman come by? I guess didn't notice her." And I truly wonder how that is even possible... They're the crazy ones right?

Let me ask you this: A gorgeous woman walks into a crowded place. She's wearing sandals and as she's sitting down she sometimes dangles her feet out of the sandals, showing her amazing soles. Out of all the people in the place, you're the only one who notices this. After she leaves, if you were to ask someone nearby her if they noticed her beautiful soles - what do you expect their answer to be? That is, if you ever feel comfortable enough asking them about it in the first place. Does that make them crazy? Does is make you crazy? Or does it just mean that you have a fetish they don't have. Foot fetish is much more common than sneezing fetish, and yet I do believe this conclusion is still valid. Different people are interested in different things, fetish-wise as well. That doesn't make anyone crazy, it just means that people tend to notice the things they're interested in rather than things they don't particularly care about.

Yeah... I'm with Likesn here. You don't notice what you're indifferent to, while you do notice every detail of what you're into, that doesn't make either part crazy. It's all about preferences. 🤷‍♀️  Like, I would notice if someone did something provocatively sexy because I know what mainstream sexy is supposed to look like, even if it doesn't do a whole lot for me. But things that's not considered mainstream sexy that only appeals to fetishists of any kind, I don't notice that unless it's my fetish. I'm not into feet so I wouldn't particularly have noticed the scenario described by Likesn above. I know it happens, I've probably seen it many times - I might have done it myself at some point - but if someone were to ask me if I noticed afterwards, I wouldn't have a clue what they were talking about. 

59 minutes ago, Bless you, Hi said:

Meh. Ok ok it's me then ha

It's you with the fetish, not you that's crazy. Like I said - having/not having a fetish doesn't make anyone crazy. Also, the scenario I suggested could've worked with any other fetish. I used feet in that example because it's one of the most common fetishes.

I’m inclined to agree with the majority, here. I think it’s only natural that non-fetishists wouldn’t notice, what they’re not into. If NON-fetishists DID notice it like we do, THEN I’d get pretty suspicious. Like, my friend is really into braids and redheads, both of which do absolutely nothing for me, so I’d probably miss a redhead with braids. Does that make me crazy? I don’t think so.

I guess my rebuttal is that all the previously mentioned things are ONLY VISUAL - feet, braided hair, ect. You have to be be looking for it to notice, you know? But if someone has a sneezing fit, the audio will at least make people NOTICE, even if they don't care. A non-sneeze fetishist is generally socially hard-wired to say "bless you" or sympathize with "are you ok?" while witnessing a fit, even to a complete stranger. By "crazy" I don't mean literally insane, but the wiring of a fetish is having impulses to find means of satisfying it, which I do think many would consider "crazy." For example, if you tell someone you are into sneezes, they might find it unusual but they'll probably shrug at it. But if someone admits "I sometimes spend hours of my free time watching random gamer streams several hours long, not because I care about them or the game they're playing, but because I'm hoping to see them sneeze", then well... anyway idk just talking here and was curious what everyone thought.

51 minutes ago, Bless you, Hi said:

I guess my rebuttal is that all the previously mentioned things are ONLY VISUAL - feet, braided hair, ect. You have to be be looking for it to notice, you know? But if someone has a sneezing fit, the audio will at least make people NOTICE, even if they don't care. 

Another example of this that you provided was like someone provocatively dancing, which I have to point out is also visual only 😂

I also think another factor that hasn’t been discussed is individual spacial awareness. I’m always hyper aware of details in a situation or scenario I’m in, so it’s somewhat likely I would pick up on something around me that isn’t a particular interest of mine… be it visual or audible. But not everyone is wired that way, some people go through life completely unaware of what goes on around them.  Could be another reason your co-workers didn’t notice 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 10/15/2021 at 8:55 PM, Bless you, Hi said:

I guess my rebuttal is that all the previously mentioned things are ONLY VISUAL - feet, braided hair, ect. You have to be be looking for it to notice, you know? But if someone has a sneezing fit, the audio will at least make people NOTICE, even if they don't care. A non-sneeze fetishist is generally socially hard-wired to say "bless you" or sympathize with "are you ok?" while witnessing a fit, even to a complete stranger. By "crazy" I don't mean literally insane, but the wiring of a fetish is having impulses to find means of satisfying it, which I do think many would consider "crazy." For example, if you tell someone you are into sneezes, they might find it unusual but they'll probably shrug at it. But if someone admits "I sometimes spend hours of my free time watching random gamer streams several hours long, not because I care about them or the game they're playing, but because I'm hoping to see them sneeze", then well... anyway idk just talking here and was curious what everyone thought.

Fair point. I silently presupposed I would have seen the braided redhead, or whatever, but not registered her (as she was of no interest to me), and thus completely forgotten about her in about half a second, just like I would any other random person; though I didn’t mention it in my comment. But yeah, a sneeze fit of that magnitude typically commands attention; and, in most Western cultures, it’s expected that people would react to sneezing, even non-fetishists. But, I guess your coworkers just completely forgot about it, since they have no special interest in it 🤷‍♂️.