Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dust Bunnies (Fruits Basket, M)

Spoo

Am I really writing/posting more Fruits Basket content in 2021? :laugh: Apparently, the answer is a resounding YES! This wasn't quite 'fic' length, so I felt it was more appropriate to live on the Drabbles board. Just some sweet post-series (spoilers ahead!) Kyo/Tohru fluff that takes place AFTER they move out of Shigure's house. Both characters are out of high school and over 18. :yes: 

~ * ~ 

Dust Bunnies 

A new life, a new place to live, and, if they were lucky, new friends to experience precious memories with. Such an optimistic outlook had kept Tohru in good spirits as she and Kyo settled into their new home in the countryside. There was still some lingering sadness in her heart that she couldn’t quite shake off, but it was more bittersweet than devastating.

Leaving Hana-chan and Uo-chan behind (along with the Sohmas she’d met and loved dearly) hadn’t been an easily accomplished feat. As much as she’d attempted to stay strong during their sendoff, Tohru feared that she’d cried more tears than ever. With each tight hug and emotional goodbye, she'd felt less and less brave to make the long journey.

And yet, all apprehension and doubt vanished when she took Kyo’s outstretched hand. She believed in him—in his dreams—and knew that, together, they could tackle whatever obstacle came their way.

Tohru reflected on the big move as she prepared breakfast. She and Kyo had only lived in their new home for a week, but already the place was starting to feel cozy and familiar. Granted, Tohru had spent the last seven days acquainting herself with everything while Kyo got to work at the dojo, but she was still content to know where most things were. It was a much smaller space than Shigure’s home had been, but it was theirs

The sound of the refrigerator door opening behind her drew Tohru back to reality; she turned around and found Kyo reaching for the milk with a sleepy expression on his face. It was the first day off he’d had since they’d moved in. Every other day he’d been at the dojo from sunrise until sunset. 

Tohru was proud of the commitment and dedication Kyo was putting towards his training, but she was also thankful for a much-needed (and well-earned) day of rest.  After all, everyone needed to take it easy sometimes.

“Good morning!” she greeted cheerfully. “Breakfast is almost ready.” 

A year or two prior, Kyo would have helped himself to drinking straight from the carton. Now, however, he began searching for a cup. 

“Y’know, you don’t have to make breakfast every morning. I can do it sometimes, too,” he said, opening a cabinet and shutting it when he didn’t find what he was looking for.

“Oh! It’s this one,” Tohru pointed out helpfully, opening a cabinet that was closer to where she was standing. 

She stood on tiptoe to collect a glass that was just out of reach, but Kyo was quicker and wrapped his fingers around it with ease. He deposited a soft kiss on top of Tohru’s head and then stepped back to the milk on the counter. 

Tohru froze, flustered, before she scrambled back over to the stove to prevent their rolled omelets from burning. 

“I don’t mind making breakfast,” she told him, plating the last part of their meal. “It’s honestly the least I can do. You’ve been working so hard lately, and I—”

aht'chzschh!

Tohru glanced back at Kyo, who had the collar of his white t-shirt pulled over the lower part of his face; he had ducked away from his untouched glass of milk. Before Tohru could think twice about it, Kyo was bending into another sneeze.

“—’chddschh!

This time, Tohru stepped over and looked up at Kyo with a concerned sheen in her eyes. “Are you okay? I hope you’re not catching a cold.”

Kyo dropped his collar with a small sniffle just as Tohru reached out to take his free hand. As always, her fingers felt so little squeezing his own.

“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m fine. We spent most of the day cleaning a storage room at the dojo yesterday, so there’s probably still a bunch of dust in my nose.” 

The explanation seemed to soothe Tohru enough to relax her nervous grip on Kyo’s hand. Even without the vengeful Cat spirit possessing him, Kyo continued to have a sensitive nose. Tohru had especially noticed the sensitivity when they’d been cleaning after moving in, or when she cooked dishes that carried a lot of spices. 

Lost to her internal musings once more, Tohru failed to realize she was still holding onto Kyo’s hand. A beat passed before an amused smile had Kyo’s lips twitching up at the corners. He loved Tohru more than anything and anyone in the world, but he couldn’t help but tease her sometimes. 

“So…are you going to stand there and hold my hand all morning?”

Tohru blinked and slooowly looked down at their shared touch. 

“Ah!” she squeaked, her cheeks flushing. “I-I wasn’t planning to, but I can if that’s what you want!” 

Kyo used the conjoined contact to his advantage and pulled Tohru against him. After not being able to hug her for so long, it was all he could do to not keep her in his arms all the time. 

“Jeez, calm down. I’m just messing with you,” he said, shelving his chin atop her brown hair. It smelled like strawberries.

Tohru pressed her warm cheek into the reassuring solidity of Kyo’s chest. It was hard to believe how far they’d come in the last few months, but here they were, happy and in love. It made her realize just how incredibly fortunate she was. 

The heartfelt embrace might have lasted a tad longer had Kyo not grabbed onto Tohru’s shoulders and guided her back from him as gently as he could (despite how sudden and urgent the gesture appeared).

Tohru witnessed the reason for these actions when Kyo yet again masked his wrinkling nose behind his shirt collar and sneezed twice in rapid succession. 

ahd'chhtschh!chh’dzschh!

A growl of frustration left his throat as Kyo scrubbed a wrist under his pinkening nostrils once he’d straightened up. There was nothing more annoying than having his stupid nose act up when he was trying to have a moment with his girlfriend.  

“Wow! Those dust bunnies are really determined to get you,” Tohru commented. 

“Yeah well, they can go to hell,” Kyo grumbled, sniffling. 

Hoping that was the last of it, he grabbed his glass of milk in one hand and balanced a few of the small breakfast plates along his opposite arm. Tohru watched him for a beat, basking in the sweetness of their domesticity, before she grabbed the rest of the plates and happily followed him to the table. 

Edited by Spoo
  • 3 weeks later...

THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE LOVE LOVE🥰🥰 I just finished Fruits Basket about a month ago, and this is so in character, I felt like I was watching an episode. If you feel like writing any more, I will be more than happy to read and comment!

• 3 weeks later...