Sneeze Fetish Forum

Inducing making your nose less sensitive

bingochamp7

I started experimenting with inducing in the second half of 2021. I've noticed that if I choose to induce one day, I don't sneeze for next 1-3 days. During Christmas break, I caught a cold which left me congested most of the time for the 8 days I had it. As a result, I induced 6 times (once per day) during the cold so that I could blow my nose. Since the beginning of January, I've only sneezed 3 times with about 6 days in between each sneeze (my normal pattern is once or twice every day or every two days). I will get the tickle but it won't develop more than that and it goes away most of the time. 

Does inducing make your nose less sensitive? 

I can definitely see why inducing would make your nose less sensitive. To me it makes sense that purposely inducing might reduce the number of natural occurring sneezes? Idk. Maybe a pro inducer can weigh in on this one :laugh:

I hardly ever induce but the rare time I do I actually notice I'm more sensitive afterwards for like a day or so? And then the increased sensitivity goes away and I go back to normal. 

It probably depends on what you induce with. I remember reading that during allergy season, people become more sensitive to other allergens, I guess because the histamine is already in your system. If you are using something physical, it probably desensitizes you, as the body adjusts to the constant stimulus. Just a theory. 

I use paper towels to induce. It's the only thing I've tried that works well. 

Edited by bingochamp7
5 minutes ago, RB said:

If you are using something physical, it probably desensitizes you, as the body adjusts to the constant stimulus. Just a theory. 

I think that's what is happening in my case. My nose probably got overstimulated from inducing for 6 days straight, so a normal tickle wouldn't stimulate it enough to cause a sneeze.

11 minutes ago, Melody said:

I hardly ever induce but the rare time I do I actually notice I'm more sensitive afterwards for like a day or so? And then the increased sensitivity goes away and I go back to normal. 

It's interesting that your nose becomes more sensitive afterwards. Why do you think that happens?

Just now, bingochamp7 said:

I think that's what is happening in my case. My nose probably got overstimulated from inducing for 6 days straight, so a normal tickle wouldn't stimulate it enough to cause a sneeze.

It's interesting that your nose becomes more sensitive afterwards. Why do you think that happens?

I have no idea ! I think it's because I so rarely induce that when I do my nose gets irritated and stays like that for the next day or so afterwards ? Like I literally induced today with chinnikini and I'm way more sensitive than normal but maybe that's just because it's powder that can linger in your nose as opposed to like a paper towel? 

What you induce with definitely impacts how you feel afterwards I think.

When I induce with chhinkni, it seem that my nose becomes significantly more sensitive for a few days afterwards, but when I induce with a Q-tip (or any other insertion-method) I get desensitised 😇

I’ve never been much of a natural sneezer honestly so I can’t say if inducing has made my nose less sensitive lol. 

I have noticed that if I induce a lot one day and then try again the next day, it won’t be very effective. 

I don’t have allergies so I can’t weigh in on how they factor in lol. 

been inducing for YEARS so i figured i should weigh in haha

yes, a lot of inducing reduces my sneezing, but mostly sneezes from induction. 

i.e., if i induce today and get 10 sneezes, if i induce tomorrow i might only get 3-4. 

i don't necessarily connect my lack of natural sneezes with inducing, mostly because i don't sneeze a lot normally. but - sneezing is a natural reaction to get unwanted debris out of your nasal cavities, this means that inducing shouldn't make you less likely to sneeze naturally from a biological standpoint. 

inducing may irritate your nose, though, so using something soft or being gentle with harder tools is key to not hurting your nasal membranes. 

I agree it's like any physical stimulus the threshold for response increases with prolonged exposure so all this makes sense 

In my case it had definitely desensitized my nose, I cannot induce like I used to. Even chinnkinni doesn't work very well for me sadly. 

• 1 year later...

mine's definitely more sensitive😃 back in 2020 when i had to take covid tests, i never sneezed while doing it and now i had to take a covid test yesterday and i kept sneezing non-stop..