Sneeze Fetish Forum

Having to log in twice

RiversD

This is a very minor issue, but since it keeps happening, I thought I'd flag it:

Every time I open the forum and try to log in using the button at the top right, entering my correct username and password, I get redirected to a "Sorry, something went wrong" page with a fresh log in button. When I log in again from that page everything is fine, but the forum hasn't logged me in on that first attempt for weeks.

Like I said, it's a small issue because I'm not being stopped from logging in, just having to do it twice. I was wondering if this was the case for anybody else?

Happens to me too. Oddly enough, it seems to be random when it happens. Sometimes I log in correctly the first time and sometimes I get that error. I'm not even sure what could cause that randomness because I know it's not a typo. 

Could you let me know on what kind of device this is happening and with which browser? Maybe there is one that isn't very compatible with the forum. I've not been experiencing any issues with Chrome for example, so I'd like to see if there is a discernable pattern. :)

1 hour ago, TheCakeIsAlive said:

Could you let me know on what kind of device this is happening and with which browser?

It happens to me occasionally (maybe once or twice a month) on my laptop and using google chrome.

:joal:

This sporadically happens to me too, on a laptop with a Firefox browser.

However, the website url often contains this bit when I've got the site up--"fromLogout=1&fromLogin=1"--which I've always figured screws with the system somehow. Like, I log out, don't log in for awhile, and when I do log in, the system decides I've "timed out", and forces me to put in my info again. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just a coincidence, but I have a feeling this might be related.

I'm using a private browsing window in Firefox, on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11. Error looks like:

image.png

Different from the incorrect password/username notification which I've had before. And once this became a regular thing, I started checking very carefully that I *was* getting it all right on that first try.

Like I said, I can always sign in fine from the error page, so it's just an extra step.