Sneeze Fetish Forum

Small vent

SneezeAbbie

Recently, I feel that my work does not get recognised. I know this probably comes across as self centred because stories get uploaded every day. But like 2 days ago, I updated a new part of my fic that I’m currently writing and no replies. Yet I’m seeing stories that have been bumped up from last year? On the other hand, there’s some people who write fics and they’ll get multiple replies before OP writes the next part; which is normally the same people. 

Of course, I read some peoples work and they are amazing and definitely deserve the credit that they are getting. It just upsets me when I spend hours perfecting parts of my fics before uploading them to see them get zero replies. Hopefully there’s someone out there who appreciates my content ☺️

I feel you, I really do. It can be very frustrating when you put a lot of effort into writing and you don't get the recognition that you think you deserve. Having said that, I find it best to focus on your own personal enjoyment from writing and posting stories. Sure, positive feedback is uplifting and we all crave it in one way or another, but I think it's helpful to write stories (or upload any sort of artistic content to the forum) mainly because you like creating it and like having it here. The comments are not really something we can control, so I think it's best not to focus too much on that. Just my two cents 😇

What Likesn said is probably the best way to think about it. But also, don't feel bad or self-centred for wanting your work to be recognised! Writing is really a lot of work and while yes, you have to be doing it for yourself to make something enjoyable, it doesn't make you a bad person for wanting to see evidence of other people enjoying it too! I find making people happy is also a big part of the fetish for me too, which may be an extra reason to write, but I can't speak for everyone...

1 hour ago, Likesn said:

I feel you, I really do. It can be very frustrating when you put a lot of effort into writing and you don't get the recognition that you think you deserve. Having said that, I find it best to focus on your own personal enjoyment from writing and posting stories. Sure, positive feedback is uplifting and we all crave it in one way or another, but I think it's helpful to write stories (or upload any sort of artistic content to the forum) mainly because you like creating it and like having it here. The comments are not really something we can control, so I think it's best not to focus too much on that. Just my two cents 😇

Yeah you’re right, I do enjoy writing. I’ll try focusing on that for now