Sneeze Fetish Forum

Val Kilmer's Characters

RemedyBane

These drabbles are just gonna be about whoever of Val Kilmer's characters I'm obsessed with at the moment. If you're looking for Iceman from Top Gun, that is a seperate drabble page that I started a while ago (still active). For example, at the moment i'm obsessed with "REAL GENIUS" so this fic is about Chris Knight. 

Post Finals Plague

They gang had just gotten Jerry fired and the lazer known to the public. Now they were all getting ready to pack up and leave next week, but of course, in pure Chris Knight style, he was starting to feel run down and sick the second he actually took a second to calm down. All the excitement of the last couple of weeks had really taken its toll on him and he just couldn't get himself out of bed. He told Mitch he was just catching up on some sleep. Of course, Mitch was concerned and went to Ick for an explanation.

Mitch went to Ick's bedroom and knocked until the genius answered the door, "Something's up with Chris.." 

no formalities, straight to the point, which Ick liked, "figures, it's the end of term." 

"what does that have to do with anything?" Mitch scrunched up his face in confusion, hating that he was clearly missing the obvious.

Ick just sighed and pulled him inside where there was some strange set up that Ick had abandoned when Mitch knocked, "he always gets sick right after finals. It's his body's way of catching up with all the stress he'd gone through all term." Ick went back to scribbling in his notes, "he's so upbeat and energetic all the time, he's gotta crash and burn at some point." 

"so, he's just sick?" 

"yup," Ick looked over at Mitch and sighed again, "relax, we all take care of him, just like he does for us." He gestured to the machine, "i'm making him soup." 

"we have a kitchen-"

"Whose oven hasn't worked properly in years, and besides," he showed Mitch his notebook, "i'm coming up with a way to make soup with even more nutrients to make him feel better faster, like I did with the cherries, except the vegetables will absorb more nutrients while boiling." 

"wait," Mitch looked at the sides of the machine, "you're infusing it with extra vitamins and stuff?" 

"yup," Ick tinkered a bit, "those vitamin supplements taste awful and this is way more fun."

Mitch let out a small laugh before sitting next to Ick on the bed, "so what can I do for him in the mean time?" 

"he's pretty self sufficient, but Jordan always runs in and makes contraptions so he doesn't have to leave the bed." 

Mitch smiled and blushed, "she's really great.."

"yup," Ick's eyes never looked away from the machine, "He's probably also a bit depressed about Lazlo moving away and getting married. So just.. keep him company, I guess." 

Mitch nodded softly before getting up and going to the door, only to stop and turn around, "thanks, Ick." 

"yeah yeah," he waved him off. 

Mitch went back to their shared quarters and looked at Chris, who he was surpised was awake and staring at nothing, "hey." 

"hi," his voice sounded a bit rough, "Ick tell you I was sick?" 

"how did you-"

"you're pretty predictable," he coughed lightly, "besides, I don't snore unless i'm sick." he looked apologetically at Mitch, "kept you up.." 

"no!" Mitch walked over and sat on the chair by the bed, "you didn't wake me." 

Chris smiled a bit and squeezed his knee, "we need to work on your lying, but thanks for trying." 

As if on cue, Jordan burst in, "OH good you're both up!" she sat something down on the table and was starting to hook something up to the wall, "I heard you snoring from my room so i spent the night making a humidifier to help you sleep- not that you were loud or annoying- i was just worried you couldn't breathe right so i checked up on you and Mitch who was awake, but that's not your fault because you're sick. You kept coughing in your sleep so i opened the window to help since it had rained earlier and has since stopped-" she stopped talking when she saw that Chris' face twitched.

"Jordan?" Mitch looked confused, not used to her stopping mid... run-on sentence.

"i'm waiting." 

"For-?" Mitch heard Chris hitch and looked over to see Chris pull his shirt over his face, "oh." 

"EH'kiew-ehkiew-ehkiew-ekhiew-ehkiew-ehk'ehk'ehk-ehkshiew!" 

"bless you!" jordan piped up and continued putting in the humidifier.

"wow, bless," Mitch awkwardly rubbing Chris' back. 

"his record here is 15, Ick keeps a counter in his room," Jordan turned on and smiled as it worked. 

"oh," MItch looked over Chris and noticed he was blushing, "do you have a record outside of school?" 

Chris just huffed and leaned back against the wall, "probably.." 

"24," Jordan passed a bit, "You told Ick about it when he first heard your sneezes and thought you were having an allergic reaction to something. You mentioned it was the first time your younger sister brought a cat into the house and you had to go to the hospital." She blushed a bit, realizing she was being watched.

"i thought it was too," Chris coughed a little, "apparently its 26," He rubbed his nose, "Lazlo." 

"he did say he was watching you," Mitch shrugged.

"who's watching you," Ick came into the room with a bowl of hot soup.

"awww, and I didn't get you anything," Chris pouted as Ick handed him the bowl.

"tell me how it tastes, that could be the gift," ick sat on the bed and wrapped an arm around Chris' waist, fingers slowly going up under his shirt, "you're warm.."

"at least let me finish the soup before you cop a feel," Chris teased, but leaned into the hand on his back as he ate the soup.

"We should have gotten his temperature earlier." 

"I did," Jordan shuffled awkwardly, "When I first came in to open the window.. he's at 99.3F" 

"Gee, round the clock care," Chris winked at Jordan in between bites of soup.

"yup," Ick removed his hand and took the finished bowl of soup from Chris and put a hand on his forehead, "back to bed? or mine?"

"how forward of you," Chris mocked faint before grabbing Ick and holding him close, "I just want you, baby." 

"Does that mean you're going to force me to take a nap with you?" 

"pwetty pwease?" Chris pouted.

Ick sighed, "only because I pity you." 

The grin that spread across Chris's face was quite frankly criminal. How could anyone say no to that smile? Certainly not Ick. 

"Let me grab some things, then we can cuddle, ok?" 

MItch was looking around like 'am i interrupting something?'

"oh, I need Mitch's help with cooling system I was working on." She looked at Chris who had his eyebrows raised, "you always get so hot when you're sick so I was making something to put under your bed to keep you from overheating. It also tracks your temperature and changes accordingly." 

"that.." Chris sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "Sounds amazing.."

Ick rolled his eyes and moved his finger up to gently run down Chris' bridge, "so stubborn.." 

"hih-" Chris ducked into his chest, not caring that Ick's finger was still tickling his nose, "Ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-ehk-ehkshiew.. hih.. itschiew-itdsch-itdshi-tdshiii!" Chris took the tissues Ick was now handing him and put them to his face, "Etsch'etsch-etschiew..itschiew..Ekschiew!" he blew his nose and coughed as the congestion shifted.

"are you ok?" Mitch was looking at Ick like he was upset he caused such a display.

"i'm ok, Mitch," Chris threw the tissues away and leaned back into Ick, "that felt good..." 

"I know," Ick rubbed his side, "tired, now?" 

"little dizzy," Chris rubbed his nose on Ick's neck, as Ick moved his hand up to play in his hair.

"Mitch, can you grab some cold medicine from my room? it's labeled for Chris." 

Mitch ran to the other room and noticed there was a shelf with medicine specifically for each of them, even himself. He shook off the shock and grabbed the ones labeled Chris before running back, "got it." 

"good boy," Chris smiled at him, eyes closed, most of his face still hidden in Ick's neck. 

"I used your genetic makeup to make the best medicine for each of you."

"I love you so much," Chris fake cried for a moment. 

The blush and smile that moved across Ick's face made Mitch smile, "that's really cool." 

"Yeah, well," Ick looked down at Chris's stomach, "someone's gotta take care of you all." 

"and we appreciate it so much," Chris ran a hand along Ick's thigh, "and when i'm better.. i plan on showing you just how appreciative I am.." 

Ick slapped his hand, "you have a fever, stop it." He took one of the bottles and tapped Chris' mouth, wanting him to open up; pouring a little of it in. 

Chris swallowed and licked his lips, "tastes like cherries." 

"yup," Ick put the medicine's cap back on, "should stop the cold from going to your chest, but there is a side effect-" 

"HUschiew!" Chris quickly ducked into his cupped hands, trying not to spray Ick.

"that.." Ick made an apologetic face and rubbed Chris' back as he was thrown into another sneezing fit.

"utschiew-hutschiew-itschiew-itschiew-itschiew-tdschiew!" 

"those were forceful..." Jordan looked nervous.

Chris slowly sat back up, "jesus.." he sniffed and blinked, "I still need to sneeze.." He squinted at the light but it just made the tickle die down, "shit.."

"the light never helps you, dummy," Ick ran his finger back down the bridge of nose, watching as Chris' eyes fluttered shut. HIs nostrils flared as he got ready for another sneeze, but seemed to be stuck there. Ick moved his finger underneath his nose, letting his nail gently scrape along the underside, carefully moving along his nostrils, until Chris hitched loudly.

"HIH-" Chris turned away from all of them and sneezed so hard he bonked his head against the wall, "HAHSChiew!"

"ah!" Jordan jumped at the sudden loud sound.

Ick moved to put a hand between his head and the wall, only lessening the blow, "ow." 

"i'm sorry.." Chris leaned back down against Ick and closed his eyes, "that hurt.." 

"the sneeze or the wall," Mitch looked like he was gonna jump out of his chair and run and get a medic.

"both?" Chris saw Mitch run outside through the corner of his eye, "Shit... Jordan don't let him call a nurse... or 911." 

Mitch came back only seconds later, before Jordan could stand, with an ice-pack.

"so that's what you ran for, I thought you were being chased," Chris took the pack and put it on his head before grabbing Ick's slightly bruised hand and putting it overtop, "we can share.." 

Ick rolled his eyes for what felt like the millionth time, "are you done?" 

Chris sniffed, testing the waters, "yeah, I think i'm done." 

"Good," Ick moved his hand from the Ice pack and positioned Chris to lay on the bed, "then you're taking a nap while the medicine kicks in." 

"without you?" Chris was back to pouting.

"no, i'm just fixing your mess of a bed so you can actually have some blankets.." Ick was half tucking Chris in, while leaving a space for him.

"Mitch can come in my room," Jordan took MItch's hand, "sleep well! Let me know if there's anything you need, you know i don't sleep!" 

"We know," Ick walked them out and closed the door before turning off the lights. 

Ick made his way back to the bed and into Chris' greedy arms. He crawled into bed and gave Chris' forehead a kiss before putting the Ice-pack back on. Chris snuggled into Ick's chest, legs now tangled with his, and promptly fell asleep. It took Ick a while to fall asleep too, worried if he fell asleep and Chris needed something.. He finally succumbed when Chris whined and nuzzled into his neck again, happy, safe, and very loved.

Movie: Real Genius

Character: Chris knight (duh lol)

The Many Sneezes of Knight

Ever since Chris' talk to Mitch about not leaving campus, Mitch had been glued to Chris' side as much as he could. Not only because he was his friend, but because he made him feel... calm. I know that sounds strange, but the world didn't seem so intimidating and the work felt less hard when he was around Chris. Since they spent so much time together, Mitch had more time to learn some things about Chris. A big one that was on his mind lately was that Chris had spring allergies. Chris was a little stuffy since he woke up. Not enough to really change his pronunciation, but you could still hear the congestion.

They were currently sitting in the library room, Chris in the big green chair, and Mitch on the smaller chair on the opposite side of the table. They were looking at any book they could get their hands on in hopes that it'll give them another idea to try with the laser. It had been about two hours since they had opened the books and it looked like they might be there for a few more, since neither of them saw anything helpful. 

all of a sudden, Chris was tapping on the table; lightly at first, then a bit more urgently and loudly, as if getting Mitch's attention (which he did). Mitch looked up at Chris and frowned as he noticed Chris wasn't looking at him at all. Quite the contrary, he was turned completely away with his elbow hovering near his face. 

"Ehh'schiew-eh'schiew-ehschew-ehschiew...hih..agh!'schiew," he sighed and sniffed, "only five.. short one." 

"Bless you," Mitch thought that was a lot of sneezes, but didn't comment, "did you find something." 

Chris shook his head and returned back to half facing him, "dno.." he sniffed and rubbed his eyes, "just didn't want to scare you incase you were off in science land." he gestured around his head.

Mitch just chuckled, "your sneeze... sneezes, aren't loud." 

"eh," Chris shrugged, "Genius tend to be a skittish bunch. Thought i'd warn ya," he winked before opening the book again, "fuck.. im irritated?" 

"allergies, or frustrated?" 

"both," Chris sniffed again and sighed, "I need a shower.. think you can manage without me for a few minutes?" 

Mitch nodded, but looked sympathetic when Chris didn't move out of the chair, but seemed to bend inward, "gonna sneeze again?" 

"ye'hih.." Chris pulled up his shirt, "huh'EGHcshiew-" the sneeze bent him forwards with enough force to knock him off the chair, "fu'huh-ck..Atschiew!-etschiew-itschew-itdschiew!" He coughed from the floor.

"Are you ok?" Mitch was standing up and leaning over the table to see where Chris fell, "did you hit your head?" 

"dno," Chris sighed as he laid on the floor, "odnly by pride is wounded," he coughed a bit pathetically.

At that moment, Ick came in, "hey, Mitch, you seen Chris-?" 

"HAH"Schiew!" the much louder sneeze snuck up on Chris and he sneezed openly from the floor.

"Ah," Ick walked over and raised a brow, "Why are you on the floor?" 

"I do by best thigking od the floor," he sniffed again, wiping his runny nose on his wrist.

"I have some decongestants for you, after you take a shower," Ick helped him up and put a hand on his forehead, "come on, i'll keep you company." 

"aw, Igck," he pouted and leaned his head against Ick's, "I love you dtoo." 

"Stop flirting and hurry up," Ick pulled him out of the library and towards the showers.

-----------------------------

After another failure in the laser project, Mitch, Chris, Kent, and his boys, all just sat around, throwing ideas off of eachother. Kent kept trying to show superiority, which Chris would make fun of, and overall were getting nothing done. 

After another annoying anecdote from Kent, instead of a rebutle, Chris pulled up his shirt and ducked into his knees, which were pulled up to his chest, "engxt-engxt-engxt-igxt-gnxt-" 

"Chris-" Kent tried to speak but Chris waved him off as he continued to stifle.

"ignxt-egnxt-egnxt-itgsxt-" 

"stop it," Kent tried anyway.

"igxt-engxt-"

"Chris stop holding them in." 

"Egnxt-schiew!" Chris couldn't hold them in anymore without making himself feel dizzier than he already was, "HUschiew-utsdchiew-hih..." Chris stayed inbetween his knees as Mitch rubbed his back, worried about how long this fit was lasting, "Hutschiew...itsdchiew!" 

"are you done?" Mitch sounded concerned. 

"dno- hih.. Hatschiew!-atdschiew-aschiew!" 

"do you need-"

"Etschiew"

"The contamination-"

"Itdschiew-dschiew"

"Shower?" Kent actually looked concerned, but played it off as disgust.

"hih..Tdschiew!" Chris sighed and breathed heavily for a minute before finally taking his head out of his knees, looking a little dazed. 

"holy shit, bless you," Mitch put a hand on his forehead and looked more concerned when Chris just laughed and took his hand from his forehead.

"I'b ok," Chris coughed a bit, "just a bad fit..and dno, Kedt..bud thagks.." 

"I have no idea what you're saying," Kent half heartedly threw a tissue box at Chris. He hated Chris' long fits. As much as he disliked Chris, purely as a intellectual rival, he didn't want to see him hurt or pass out. 

Chris blew his nose a few times before sighing and leaning his head on Mitch's small shoulders; exhausted.

"ok, I think we are done for today," Mitch rubbed Chris' back, "Kent.." he hated asking him for any help, "help carry Chris to our dorm?" 

"I can walk," Chris sat up and sniffed, trying to clear his head, "I just need a minute." 

"are you nauseous?" 

"Why would I be nauseous?" Chris looked at Kent like he grew another head.

"It's a lot of strain on your stomach as well as the lungs," Kent puffed out his chest, feeling intellectually superior that Chris didn't know that stifling could upset his stomach.

"well, the only thing upset is my head," he grabbed Kent's hand suddenly and forced the skinny kid to help him up, "I just want some painkillers... maybe an antihistamine, and I will see you gentleman.. someday." He looked at Mitch, "think we could convince Ick to put me in a medically induced coma until spring ends?"

Mitch just chuckled and wrapped an arm around Chris, who just looked exhausted, "I don't think he will." 

"Too bad," Chris started the walk back, ignoring the chill that was setting in, "he's really not gonna like this.." 

"like what?" Mitch looked concerned.

"I think I have a fever," chris just laughed and pushed the door to go out of the lab.

-------------------------------

"You have a sinus infection," Ick didn't need to ask. He just unceremoniously walked into Mitch and Chris' shared room with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some medicine.

"How could you guess, we've been at the lab all day and just got back.." Mitch looked at Ick like he was some kind of mind reader.

"I knew the second I saw him on the floor," Ick handed Chris the bowl and wrapped a blanket around him, "I know my guy." 

Chris slowly began to eat the soup, too tired and cold to make a witty comeback. 

"oh, you really don't feel good, do you?" Ick gently prodded at Chris' sinuses and frowned, "this progressed faster than normal." 

"ow.." Chris moved his face away and handed Ick the soup before sneezing, "Itdschiew-itdshiew-tsdchiew!" he whined and pressed his sinuses, "ouch.." 

"take your medicine, then try to sleep," Ick handed him a mysteries blue liquid, "made it myself." 

"What is it?" MItch trusted Ick, but it looked so.. odd.

"I'm not telling," Ick made a face, "next thing you know the big pharma is glaring down my neck wanting it and charging a fortune... no.." he shook his head, upset at even the idea.

Chris quickly downed it then coughed, "Igck's godda save dhe world..." His eyes were already getting watery and he rubbed the tears away.

"practicing your cry for when I win a nobel prize?"

Chris just nodded before laying down as much as he could before his sinuses would rebel, "i'b so tired.."

"This kicks in fast," Ick tucked him into bed, "you'll be out before I-"Chris started snoring, "before i finish my sentence, apparently." Ick bent down and kissed his forehead.

"is he gonna be ok?" 

"yeah," Ick got up and went towards the door, "he gets them all the time. Give him a few days and he'll be bouncing of the walls in no time." Ick winked before exiting, 
"goodnight."

Movie: Tombstone

Character: Doc Holliday

Colds and Company

Wyatt walked into the Oriental actually having a pretty good day. The sun was shining, he was getting rich, and his horse wanting for a good ride. Not wanting to go alone, he went searching for his lover, Doc Holliday. He had assumed he'd find the man drinking or gambling or some combination of the two. While he did find him, he wasn't expected to see him with a cup of coffee, and actually eating food. Of course, he knew that Doc ate food, or else he would be dead, but he'd never actually seen the man eat before. It was a silly thing to stop him in his tracks, but it did... In a good way.

"Good morning, Doc," He sat across from him and squeezed his hand in greeting. 

Doc took a sip of coffee before smiling at Wyatt, "well aren't you chipper.." he muffled a cough into his sleeve before wiping his lips.

"Thought you and me could go for a ride," Wyatt was unusually excited and his leg was bouncing under the table.

"If I didn't know better," Doc gave him a look, "and i Do know better. I'd say you were excited about the day."

"Come on, Doc," Wyatt stole a piece of bread and grabbed his hand again, "come for a ride with me." 

"I never declined," Doc moved his food around a bit, "help me finish this and i'm all yours." 

"atta boy." 

--------------------------------

They took separate horses, not wanting anyone to gossip should they ride one, but stayed as close together as they could manage. Eventually, they stopped at a lake clearing, and tied their horses to a nearby tree before finding shelter under an adjacent one.

Wyatt sighed and stood in a patch of sunlight after helping Doc down, "Today really is gorgeous." 

"not as gorgeous as you, dear," Doc smirked slightly before winking at Wyatt when he turned, "you're going to get all burned standing like that." 

"The sunshine just feels good today," Wyatt did come back under the tree with Doc and wrapped his arms around his waist before giving him a kiss.

"mhm.. Wyatt," Doc broke the kiss, but put a hand on Wyatt's arm, not wanting him to completely pull away, "i'm not well.." 

"haven't been well for a very long time, Doc," Wyatt kissed his forehead, used to how sweaty he was and how he always seemed to be running a fever.

"not my consumption," he did cough into Wyatt's shoulder, as if his body needed to prove to him that it was still there, "I think i've caught cold." 

"what?" Wyatt instinctively put a hand on Doc's forehead before sighing when he remembered it was fruitless.

"Don't give me that look," Doc took Wyatt's hand away, even though it felt wonderful, "I just don't want you catching it from me." 

"What doesn't feel good?" 

"Besides the usual?" Doc chuckled slightly before shivering, "don't worry too much about it.. Go enjoy the sun."

"I want to enjoy it with you," Wyatt put a hand on Doc's cheek and moved his thumb along his cheekbone.

"Then let's sit before my legs give out," He was much more exhausted than usual, and he felt like every step he took was taking it out of him.

Wyatt held Doc closer, very concerned about how he was talking, "shit, Doc... you coulda told me you felt so sick."

"and ruin your fun?" Doc sniffed and leaned into Wyatt, "darling, when will you learn? I'd do anything to make you smile." 

Wyatt just kissed the top of his head and helped him to sit down before sitting behind him so he could rest against his chest.

"The sun does feel nice," Doc wrapped Wyatt's arms around him, "hadn't realized how cold I felt." 

"I think you have a real fever." 

"as opposed to my imaginary one?" Doc teased before cupping his hands over his face, "HUt'schiew." 

"god bless you," Wyatt rubbed Doc's back as the smaller man coughed, "can't catch a break, huh?"

"I just sneezed once.." 

"on top of the coughing, and the dizzy spells, the fever, the sweating-" 

"Alright alright.. you've made your point," Doc sniffed and leaned back against Wyatt, burying his face in his neck, "i'm a mess."

"yeah, but you're my mess," Wyatt kissed his nose, and chuckled when Doc looked irritated, "Gonna sneeze again?" 

"y'hes.." Doc hitched for a moment, eyes unfocused but staring at the adjoining tree, before ducking into his hands again, "Hutdschiew... hih..HItdschiew." 

"bless you bless you," Wyatt pulled him back to him, "you're so cute.." 

"Oh?" Doc rubbed his nose against Wyatt's neck, "pray tell. What is so cute about my currently condition." He saw Wyatt blush and continued, "now don't be shy, I could use a pick me up." 

"you're just cute, that's all." 

"you just like to take care of me," Doc kissed his neck, then his jaw, then his cheek, "and God knows I need the help." 

"you are hopeless," Wyatt rolled his eyes.

"You give me hope." 

Wyatt's eyes darted to Doc's and held his gaze. It wasn't rare that they complimented each other or had heart to hearts, but Doc always surprised him with what he said. 

"Well, Wyatt... Cat got your tongue?" Doc broke the eye contact when his cold got the best of him, "Het'dschiew." 

"bless you, Doc," Wyatt felt himself relax, tension broken.

"don't waste your breath," Doc sniffled and put his wrist to his nose, "you know how sneezy I get.." 

"I do," Wyatt pulled him close and kissed his lips, "you're worth catching a cold from.. Now come lay down your head and take a nap." 

"oh my, I do love it when you take charge," Doc kissed Wyatt back before doing as he was told, "I must admit, you do make a wonderful pillow." 

"Shut up and go to sleep," Wyatt held him close and gently dabbed the sweat from his lover's face.

"after I hih... sn'hih" Doc's eyes fluttered close, small gasps were the only sound for a bit and Wyatt found himself watching Doc's nose quiver with the impending sneeze, " Heschiew-Etschiew!" He cleared his throat and coughed a bit before the hitching started again, "hih.. ehh..EHH-" he sighed and looked annoyed and teary. 

"lost the sneeze?"

"most unfortunate-" Before Doc even knew what was happening, Wyatt was moving a piece of grass under his nose, tracing his nostrils and tickling ever so lightly, "hih..Wy'hahh.." He tilted his head back, trying to chase the feeling of the sneeze, "hiiiih..hih.."

Wyatt bent down and gently kissed the ball of his nose, knowing it would push him over the edge.

"ETSch-ETSCHiew.." Doc sneezed openly towards their feet, "hih...Ahtschiew!..hiih'Etschiew-Etchiew!" he took out his handkerchief and blew his nose, muffling two more sneezes in its folds.

"bless you," Wyatt pushed some hair out of Doc's face and tried not to laugh at his reaction, "better?" 

"much," Doc kept the handkerchief near his nose as he felt a lingering tickle, "oh.. itdsch!"

"bless you," Wyatt hid his smile by kissing the side of Doc's neck.

"why, Wyatt," Doc pinched his nose and sneezed silently before coughing, "some might gather you enjoy my little displays."

"maybe I do," Wyatt started to nibble on his ear, "What are you going to do about it." 

Doc moaned and leaned into the feeling, before taking a blade of grass, "do that again and i'll show you." 

Date Night

Wyatt was at a loss for what to wear. He was going to ask his wife to have a romantic ride with him to a secret spot to have a little picnic. It was spur of the moment, but he wanted to try to salvage this marriage as best as he was able. So, of course, he called upon the one person he believed in above all others, especially when it came to fashion.

"oh, my dear Wyatt," Wyatt heard that southern drawl and instantly relaxed, "please tell me you are pulling my leg, here." 

Wyatt turned to see a very pale Doc Holliday standing in his doorway. One second glance he also noticed a faint red tint to his nose, only accented by his blood-red vest. His handkerchief was balled up in his fist, blood-stained, and clearly used recently.

"Is it really that bad?" Wyatt looked down at his outfit and looked anxiously at Doc for help.

"Individually," Doc shook his head and came closer, gesturing to the entire outfit, "but definitely not together." 

"That explained nothing, Doc." 

"Here," Doc took off Wyatt's coat and hung it up, "ohh.. oh no."

Wyatt quickly looked back up at Doc, assuming something bad had happened but when he saw Doc just frown and look appalled, he knew it wasn't anything dire.

"Polka-dots with stripes.. Wyatt.. you wound me." 

Wyatt sighed, more with relief than anything else, "Jesus, Doc.."

"alright, don't get all upset," Doc unbuttoned the vest and took it off of him, "pick the shirt or the vest, you cannot have both." 

"can you just pick it out?" Wyatt bowed his head in defeat.

"oh, if you didn't look so pitiful, I might-" His faltered mid-sentence, voice becoming breathy as he stared at nothing for a moment.

Fearing that Doc was going to faint, Wyatt took hold of his arm before being shaken off. Doc put a finger up, silently telling Wyatt to hold steady, before walking a few paces away and turning from Wyatt.

"hih-HUtschiew!" He sneezed into his handkerchief, "hih..Hetschiew!" 

Wyatt sighed with relief again. He had so much pent-up anxiety about this 'date' that every little thing was setting him off.

"hhuh.. A'tschiew!" Doc finally straightened back up and pocketed his handkerchief, "forgive me.."

"God bless you," Wyatt smiled and walked a few paces closer so he could pull Doc back into his space, "you didn't have to walk all that way." 

"I was trying to be polite," Doc leaned against Wyatt as the larger man held him, "I would hate to spoil such a superb outfit with my fit." 

"you told me this outfit was awful."

"I was being facetious, my dear," Doc sniffed and rubbed his nose before straightening, "leave the strips.. it makes you look bigger.. more macho, as they say."

"strips.. ok," he looked down at his own shirt, glad he was wearing the stripes, "so, do I wear a striped vest?" 

"Oh my sweet, unfashionable man," Doc gave him a kiss on the cheek before going to get him a grey vest, "let's stay with simple for now." 

Wyatt gently touched the place where Doc had kissed his cheek and smiled. A part of him really wished he was taking Doc on a date instead of his wife. That same part of him wished Doc was his wife... husband? 

"I would mention it's a tad cold out there tonight, but, that could just be me," Doc shrugged and helped Wyatt into the vest, buttoning it up for him and adding his pocket watch, "now would you look at that... how could any woman resist," he winked.

Wyatt found himself staring at Doc's lips, wondering how he would taste.

"Wyatt? Don't tell me you have cold feet, now?" Doc grabbed a jacket and placed it over Wyatt's shoulders, "not after all this work we've done."

He snapped out of it, "No.. I just uh.." Wyatt swallowed and forced himself to look at him through a mirror, "thanks, Doc.."

"Anything for you," Doc smirked as he looked him up and down, "perhaps skip the hat. I can't imagine she would want anything to cover that face." 

Wyatt actually smiled at the image in the mirror. Little did Doc know, he wasn't smiling at himself. 

---------------------------

Doc was laying on top of the bed, still fully clothed, intending on having a little rest before continuing his night of debauchery. His throat was causing him more pain than it normally did, and his nose was continuously itchy. It felt like every time he breathed he needed to sneeze. He wanted a distraction, but he was just so damn tired. 

He hadn't noticed when he'd fallen asleep, but he was suddenly awoken by his door being opened and a very sad Wyatt Earp came in.

"Shit, doc," Wyatt stopped in his tracks and looked really apologetic, "I didn't know you were sleeping.."

"I was just resting my eyes," Doc got up and walked to him, "Why Wyatt, aren't you meant to be wooing the love of your life?" 

Wyatt's thoughts immediately went to Doc, but he shook his head, "she wouldn't come.. decided to go to bed." 

"oh, well isn't that a shame," Doc brushed off some dust from Wyatt's shoulder, "and you went to all that trouble." 

"I shouldn't disturb you, you need your rest-"

"I will get plenty of rest when I'm dead," Doc shushed him with a look, "is everything still prepared?" 

Wyatt looked confused, "yeah.." 

"Then there's no use wasting a good meal," Doc fixed Wyatt's tie and gently patted Wyatt's chest, "I guess I'm your date tonight, don't look too disappointed." 

"aw, Doc, I'm never disappointed with you."

Doc looked into Wyatt's eyes, not expecting the heartfelt response, but just smiled and patted Wyatt's hip, "perhaps if you're lucky, I might just swoon."

Wyatt realized he would actually like to see that, but looked back to his bed, "you sure you wouldn't rather stay in bed?"

"Wyatt what do you take me for?" he feigned hurt, "A gentlemen must buy me dinner before bedding me." 

Wyatt burst out laughing and nodded, "alright.. just don't exert yourself too much, you sound hoarse." 

-----------------------

The ride to the spot was smooth. It was strange that no one was out, night as quiet as the desert. Wyatt insisted on Doc riding with him on the same horse, mostly because he wanted to hold him less his illness takes a turn but told him it was all a part of the date experience. Doc actually went without a fight and leaned into Wyatt as if all his energy was sapped. Wyatt had wrapped an arm around his middle to keep him from falling off and was actually proud of Doc for taking it easy, but worried him immensely.

"This is the spot," Wyatt gently tapped Doc's waist, hoping to wake him from his doze. 

Doc opened his eyes to see lush trees and grass and a few wildflowers spilled about. IT was quite beautiful, not what one would really expect when they think of the desert. He hopped off of the horse with Wyatt's help, actually enjoying the feeling of Wyatt's strong hands around his waist. he watched as Wyatt took a cloth and laid it out by a tree in the middle of the wildflowers and placed a basket of food in the center.

"So, what do you think?" 

The look in Wyatt's eyes was just so genuine that Doc felt a pang in his chest that he had never felt before. He put a hand on his chest and furrowed his eyebrows. He was...taken by all of this. he knew it wasn't done for him but just the idea that Wyatt would take him on this made him feel.. loved? 

"why, Wyatt," he put the back of his hand on his forehead, "I think I might just swoon." 

Wyatt seemed to relax as he rose from the cloth and came to get him, "Then I guess I should hold you steady." 

Doc was at a loss for words and just stared open-mouthed at Wyatt.

As they walked closer, Doc missed a step and Wyatt caught him by the waist, "Woah, I gotcha.." 

"So it seems, you do," Doc put a hand on Wyatt's chest as he let the bigger man steady him. They were so close together that when Doc looked up, Wyatt's eyes were instantly there, locked with his own. 

Before either of them knew what was going on, their lips met. Wyatt was the first to deepen the kiss, relieved when Doc kissed him back with equal fervor. Doc tasted like Copper, licorice, and surprisingly, tea. He would have expected to taste whisky on his tongue, but clearly, Doc had taken a break from his drinking for some medicinal cough cures. Wyatt moaned into the kiss and grabbed the back of Doc's head as he went to work to taste every inch of Doc's mouth. 

Doc was the first to break the kiss, looking apologetically into Wyatt's eyes before coughing into his own shoulder.

"it's ok, Doc," Wyatt rubbed Doc's back as the coughing became more desperate, "Shoulda let you breathe..." 

Doc finally calmed down and put his forehead against Wyatt's shoulder, "I did not want it to end." 

Wyatt pulled Doc close and just hugged him, "you mean that?" 

Doc coughed a bit over Wyatt's shoulder, "Darling, if I could kiss you until I was breathless, I would... but we both know how messy that would be." 

"I wouldn't care," Wyatt continued to rub his back, worried if he stopped the motion, Doc would get sick again.

"I would," Doc slowly let go of the embrace, but kept Wyatt within reach, "I don't quite care how others see me, or feel about me, but you, Wyatt..." 

Wyatt took Doc's face in his hands and kissed him again, "Doc, you're the most amazing man I have ever met. Nothing you could do would make me think less of you." 

Doc sighed and kissed Wyatt back, "you are a very stubborn man, Wyatt Earp." 

"not nearly as stubborn as you, Doc." 

"Alright, charmer," Doc turned his head to cough, "let's not leave your picnic to waste." 

"Will you eat anything?" Wyatt took Doc's arm and lead him to the blanket, making sure to sit behind him so he had something to lean on.

"I will," Doc sniffed and rubbed his nose, "have to keep up my strength and all." 

"Good man," Wyatt kissed his cheek and opened the basket, "I also brought some tea, help with that cold you're pretending not to have." 

Doc gently back-handed Wyatt's stomach, "oh, you bastard." 

"I am," Wyatt squeezed him ever so slightly in his arms, "you do look rather cute with a red nose. It's nice to see some color in your cheeks again."

instead of answering, Doc took out his handkerchief and launched forward with some forceful sneezes, "Hetdschiew!" He felt Wyatt's arms tighten around him, "hih..ADtschiew-Atschiew!" 

"God bless you." 

"I might.." Doc cleared his throat and sniffled, "have come down with a bit of a cold.."

"You don't say," Wyatt rubbed Doc's stomach, "noticed the second you came to help me change. Just relax and rest. We've got all night." 

had a bit to drink so i'm sorry if this is weird. It's basically a string of consciousness. 

Cold Days

It was an unreasonably cold day in tombstone and Wyatt was worriedly looking around for Doc. Cold days were hell on his illness and the last thing he wanted was to find Doc collapsed, unconscious, covered in his own blood in the streets. He checked every saloon before giving up and checking his room in the hotel. It was the last place he expected Doc to be, but there he was, laying in bed with extra covers on, looking peaceful as he slept. His face was still pale, but he didn't look to be in as much pain as he usually did; not that Wyatt watched Doc sleep often. Instead of waking him up, Wyatt started to work on building a fire to warm the room up for him. 

It was the crackling and smell of the fire that finally woke up Doc, coughing slightly as he stirred, "hmm?" 

"shit Doc," Wyatt stood up, "didn't mean to wake ya," he looked genuinely guilty.

"nonsense," Doc opened his eyes and blurrily looked up at Wyatt, "to wake to your face is a gift someone in my condition prays for." 

Wyatt blushed as he sat down on the bed, "how are you feeling?" 

Doc wanted to say something snarky and sassy, but he was just so.. cold, "I do not have to the strength to put on airs, i'm afraid." 

"Good," Wyatt put a hand on Doc's forehead and frowned, "you feel cold..." 

"Yes well," Doc coughed and slowly sat up, "You were expecting a fever, I gather.. I would need body heat to retain a fever." He wrapped a blanket around his shoulders and shivered, "Wyatt... i'm very cold." 

Wyatt felt like his heart had shattered into a million pieces seeing Doc so small, "The fire should warm the room up soon," He closed the door to retain the heat and locked it, so he could shed most of his outer clothes and join Doc in the bed.

"Why, Wyatt-" 

"Shut up and come here," Wyatt pulled doc close so he could wrap his arms around him and started to rub his arm to warm him up, "you said you needed body heat." 

"That I did," Doc picked up his handkerchief and coughed harshly into the folds.

"You always seem in so much more pain in the winter," Wyatt kissed his shoulder, "I was so worried you were out in this.." 

"I may be reckless," Doc coughed and wiped his lips, "But I am no stupid. It is far too cold, i'd never be able to catch my breath." 

Wyatt sighed and held him to his chest, pulling the covers up to better keep Doc warm, "you're shaking.." 

Doc just wrapped his arms around Wyatt's body and closed his eyes to try to sleep. 

Neither of them would remember falling asleep, but when they woke, the sun was at mid day and the room was significantly warmer, save for the fact that the fire had gone out.

Doc looked over the bed to the fire and made to get up, but Wyatt pulled him back, "where do you think. you're going?" 

"To fix the fire," Doc sniffed and rubbed his nose, "I can't expect you to do all the work.. i'm not an invalid." 

"until you stop shaking, you might as well be," Wyatt laid Doc down and kissed his lips, "I will fix the fire and come back." 

"You better," Doc relaxed back into the pillows and tried not to cough. Each spasm hurt his longs something dreadful and even breathing was becoming a pain.

"you're starting to sound hoarse, should I call for tea?" Wyatt didn't look back at Doc, not wanting to make eye contact but continue his work to give the conversation the air of casual conversation; like he had asked if he's was hungry for breakfast and not concerned for his declining health.

"Tea sounds wonderful, if it comes with some whiskey," Doc coughed again into his folds. Of course, he'd like Wyatt to think he needed the whiskey because he was a drunk, but the whiskey helped with the pain he was constantly in from his combustion, and Wyatt knew it.

"Want anything to eat?" 

Doc frowned, swallowing slightly as a test and winced as his throat stung with the effort, 'I don't find myself to be peckish but don't let that stop you. A sheriff needs his strength." 

"and a sick man does not?" Wyatt finished putting up the fire and came back towards the bed, but didn't get in, "Is it too painful to swallow?" 

Doc looked away from him, not used to telling people how he felt, used to putting on a fasade to keep himself as stable mentally as well as physically. NOw taht Wyatt saw through the acade, he found himself having a harder time lying to him, "I do not think I could bare it at the moment; Perhaps after the tea and whiskey," he added, hoping to lessen the crease in Wyatt's brow.

"It is worth a try," He kissed Doc's forehead, giving him a reward for being honest, "I will be back. Don't move." 

"What if the building caught fire, could I move then?" he sassed.

"I'll come get you," Wyatt laughed as he closed the door behind him.

While Wyatt was gone, Doc had quite the coughing fit that left him utterly exhausted and his handkerchief unusable. He would grab another from his case in the corner, but he had did not have the energy to even lift his head from the pillows. Instead he let his eyes rolls up in his sockets and pass out. He didn't come back to consciousness until Wyatt was saying his name and gently shaking him.

"Doc?" Wyatt put his hand on his face, cupping each cheek, looking for any signs of life, "Doc, can you hear me?" 

"of course I can," Doc rasped out as he opened his eyes, "you are very loud, my dear." 

"Did you collapse?" 

"Just a bit," Doc took Wyatt's hand and kissed his knuckles, "don't fret, it was nothing-" 

"you need to eat," Wyatt lifted some whiskey to his lips and frowned as Doc drank it like it was water, "I can see your bones, Doc.." 

"Well, don't remember being sliced open for inspection," he teased as he nibbled on a biscuit Wyatt put in his hand, "I'm a dying man, Wyatt. I can do nothing about my appearance except what I put on." 

"WHen is the last time you ate?" 

"I do not recall," Doc sighed, "probably some time ago, it is hard to retain an appetite.." 

"shit, doc," Wyatt crawled back into bed nad held Doc to his chest, "you worry me.. 

"I worry myself," Doc took another bite of the biscuit and winced as he swallowed.

"I'm sorry it hurts.."

"I will finish it," Doc squeezed Wyatt's empty hand, "I will make more of an effort to eat. I just need time." 

"I just ask that you try.."

"I will," Doc kissed Wyatt's cheek, "as long as you eat with me? I Fear I will forget.." 

Wyatt smiled and kissed Doc on the mouth, "I will. Every meal."

"perhaps not every meal.. three meals is a bit.. daunting." 

"just a biscuit, humour me." 

Doc looked down at the biscuit, "It is not my best day... I will make more of an effort to have meals when i'm having a good day.. but I think it is wise to at least attempt on my bad." 

"good man," Wyatt kissed him before handing him the tea, "and take your medicine. I want you as long as I can." 

"I endeavor to make that as long as possible. I have no intention of dying without a fight." 

Wyatt smiled and ate his own lunch, happy to be sitting with Doc by a fire, and spending a lazy day in bed. He wished he could have calm moments like this more often, but definitely under better circumstances than his ill friend. But he would take what he could get. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's Comfort In Rain

Wyatt had been out in the rain for most of the evening, sobbing over the death of his brother after the cowboys were finished. Now that he had his reckoning, he could really grieve without worrying about who would see or needing to watch his back all the time. So there Wyatt sat in the rain overlooking the entire town of Tombstone. He hadn't really realized he'd been out for long until he heard someone coughing behind him. 

Wyatt turned around to see Doc coming toward him, "Doc? You can't be out in this.." 

"neither should you," Doc coughed again before sitting down next to Wyatt, "but here you sit.. in this torrential downpour." 

Wyatt just stared at his best friend, tears coming back to his eyes, which is the reason he came out in this. It was harder to see the tears.

Doc put a hand on Wyatt's knee, "You don't have to talk to me if you don't wanna, but-" he turned away from Wyatt to cough again, "let me sit with you?" 

Wyatt found himself breaking down all over again and hugged Doc, sobbing into his chest. Normally, he'd be worried sick over Doc, but at that moment, all he could think about was the pain he was feeling. They sat out there until Wyatt felt too exhausted to stay awake. He had been falling asleep on Doc.

"now, come Wyatt," Doc rubbed Wyatt's back, "let's get you dried off and into bed? A puddle makes a dreadful bed." 

Wyatt had merely nodded and let Doc lead him to their hotel. 

Now it was the following morning, and Wyatt felt a lot better, having finally let out the emotions he had held back. He still felt like there was a hole in his chest, but it didn't feel as soul-crushing as it did last night. Wanting to thank Doc and apologize for last night, he grabbed some tea and breakfast before going up to Doc's room; hoping he would still be asleep. He tried not to blush as he thought about how romantic this would be in another context. Pushing open the door, he found Doc already dressed, leaning against the closed window, seemingly oblivious to the world; eyes glassy and unfocused. 

Suddenly Doc ducked into his handkerchief, sneezing softly into the folds, "Heish'iew..hih'eitschiew!schiew!" 

Wyatt put the food on the table and frowned as Doc jumped slightly, clearly not having heard him come in, "you're sick." 

Doc quickly wiped his nose and pocketed the handkerchief, "been sick for the better part of 13 years." 

"I'm sorry-" 

"for what? grieving?" Doc coughed with his mouth closed before taking a step closer to Wyatt, "don't you dare start apologizing to me. I would have stayed there all night if you so needed it." 

Wyatt closed the distance between them and put a hand on Doc's forehead, taking his temperature and wiping the sweat from his brow, "you're burning up.." 

"I don't think i've gone without fever in a long time," Doc sat down on the edge of the bed, "I'm alright, Wyatt." 

"I should have taken you home the second I knew you were out in that," Wyatt handed him the tea, eyes wide with guilt and sympathy.

"No one has ever convinced me to do anything, I did not want to do," Doc winked at Wyatt, "not even you, my dear." 

Knowing it was true, he relaxed a bit and took some food, "at least promise me you'll eat something? Stay in bed and rest?" 

Doc looked about to protest, but quickly handed Wyatt the cup of tea before hacking into his handkerchief, feeling blood come up his throat and dribble down his chin. 

"Shit, Doc," Wyatt rubbed his back after putting the tea on the table, taking an extra handkerchief and wiping the blood off of Doc's chin, "you're staying in today, even if I have to tie you to the bedpost." 

Doc's eyes glittered, finding that a wonderful idea in theory, "perhaps.. if I was a healthier man." 

"Doc, for once," Wyatt wiped his mouth again, frowning as the blood stained his skin, "let me help you." 

His face when solemn, "There's no helping me, I'm a dying man." 

"I can't cure you, but I can make you a bit more comfortable," Wyatt couldn't help but put a hand on Doc's pale cheek, rubbing his thumb along his cheekbone, "You've helped me all these years, let me return the favor." 

Doc looked about to argue, but had to turn away again, sneezing openly towards the floor, "Haschiew!" The coughing that followed hurt his throat something dreadful and just want to collapse against the bed and never swallow again.

"Doc.." 

"ok, Wyatt," he rubbed his throat, not that it did anything, "I could use... help." 

Wyatt watched as a shiver wracked Doc's frame and it made his already small frame that much smaller; his pale skin all the paler, "you look about ready to faint, let's get you back into bed." He made quick work of taking off Holliday's shirt and pants, leaving him in his undergarments, before picking up the smaller man and placing him back under the blankets, "I think you're fever has worsened." 

"I feel.. much colder than usual," Doc sniffed and rubbed his face, "Wyatt..." 

"I'm not going anywhere," Wyatt crawled under the covers after taking off his own clothes, "now don't you worry about this. You do what you need to do." 

It took a moment, Doc going over the pros and cons in his head before sighing and cuddling up to Wyatt, "you are an impossible man." 

"I believe I learned that from you," Wyatt kissed the top of his head, "now get some sleep, you'll need your strength to fight this." 

"I'm afraid, I do not have much strength left in me," Doc's voice was getting heavy with sleep.

"you're going to get through this cold," Wyatt ran his fingers through Doc's hair, "I plan to keep you for many months yet." 

Doc stifled three sneezes between his thumb and pointer finger before coughing a little, "don't be a fool, Wyatt.." 

"I'm not being foolish," he took a handkerchief and wiped gingerly at Doc's lips, "I am being hopeful."

"hope is foolish." 

Wyatt just sighed and pulled the blankets over Doc's body, continuing to rub Doc's back until he could feel Doc's breathing become more even and shallow, sleep having taken him. He kept a hand on Doc's back, feeling him breathe as he slowly fell asleep too. Needless to say, Doc survived this cold, and Wyatt had his love for a great many months before holding his hand one last time in that sanatorium. 

Doc's words forever echoing in the back of his mind until the day he died, "you're the only one who has ever given me hope."

So I just watched both of these movies like a week ago?  Two weeks? and I really love Val’s characters (especially Doc 🥰) thank you so much for writing this and I so hope you continue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 9:49 PM, Zane said:

So I just watched both of these movies like a week ago?  Two weeks? and I really love Val’s characters (especially Doc 🥰) thank you so much for writing this and I so hope you continue. 

I'm so glad someone likes this thread! Val really is an amazing actor. I do hope to continue this thread. I just go so tied up in Top Gun that I haven't had much inspiration (not to mention the crazy amount of requests I get for Top Gun now-- which i love, don't get me wrong. Just watched Real Genius again, so here ya go!

5-4

Kent was always a bastard who went waaay too far in some of his tactics to put Chris down a peg. Of course, none of it really bothered Chris too much, at least none that he knew of. You see, Kent had no idea that Chris had a little guardian angel protecting him all these years: Lazlo. Lazlo liked Chris from the moment he saw him. He was smart, funny, and kind to him. Of course, he never liked him sexually, with their age gap, it was never even a thought that crossed Lazlo's mind. No, he just wanted to be his friend. He was the only person on campus Lazlo actually trusted, so he wanted to give back to him, even if Chris didn't know it. When Mitch came, it was getting a little harder to be anonymous, but if Chris liked Mitch, so did Lazlo. 

Kent was easy to sneak on. He was so oblivious to anyone around him, too self absorbed to notice he wasn't alone. Lazlo had heard him talking about how sick of Chris's smart mouth, and how he wanted to make him pay. All Chris had actually done was correct Kent's answer in Jerry's class, but that was enough to upset his ego, and Chris was about to pay for it. 

Something Lazlo had noticed since watching/talking with Chris, he knew Chris had some pretty intense allergies to flowers. It was easily noticeable, every spring Chris would sneezing and complaining about grass pollen. Ick made the mistake once of getting Chris flowers for valentines' day and was a snotty mess for hours. Ick was so embarassed and upset with himself, it was actually sweet how Ick cared for Chris and helped him through his fits. 

Lazlo followed as Kent went to pick up some flowers from the store and watched him rub the pollen on some things like the chairs, couch, and tried to get into Chris' room to plant the flower somewhere. Lazlo had locked the door so he couldn't get in, and just sighed as he watched Kent rub the pollen all over himself. He was a little confused at first, but what he saw next made him pause. 

Kent put the flowers behind his back and turned to see Chris coming in with Mitch, "hey Chris!" 

"Hello Kent!" Chris echoed with mock enthusiasm. 

"I'm really sorry for how we've been fighting these past few days," Kent took a step closer.

"I don't remember fighting?" Chris rubbed his nose, already feeling the itch.

"We have!" Kent reached towards Chris in an attempt to hug him, when suddenly Kent fell, not having seen the pillow that was suddenly at his feet, "woah!" He fell flat on his face, flowers falling to the floor and petals flying in the air.

"Etschiew!" Chris suddenly sneezed down towards his chest, openly, not having expected the fit, "Tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-" He finally got his elbow up, "Schiew-schiew-schiew-tchiew!" 

"bless you!" Mitch was rubbing his back.

"flowers," Chris sighed as answer to the unspoken question, "i'm going to the room before i break out." He stepped over Kent and chuckled, "clean up this mess before you get up?" 

Lazlo smiled as Chris just looked mildly irritated, instead of the hell he'd be in if that pollen got on his shirt, or he was in direct contact with the flowers. He called this a win.

"Kent?" Mitch just stared at Kent, "Why do you have flowers?" 

"I um," Kent looked at the flowers, 'have a date?" 

"Yeah right," Ick was suddenly beside MItch, looking pissed, "this is a low blow, even for you." 

"Wait, you knew Chris was allergic?" 

"of course he did," Ick bent down and took the flowers, throwing them in the garbage, "He did this to sabotage Chris," he bent down again looking at Kent, "do this again, and i'll melt all of your clothes." 

Lazlo was really glad Ick was there to do the threatening he didn't have the heart to do. He was terrified of Ick, but Ick loved Chris and that meant a lot to him.

"hey Lazlo," Chris was suddenly next to him, looking a little glassy eyed, "you doing alright?" 

Lazlo jumped a bit before looking at Chris, trying for a small smile and nod before ducking back into the room and closet.

Lazlo was usually up before Mitch and Chris, quietly ducking out of the closet so he didn't wake either of them. When he stepped out into the hall, he saw a little white kitten laying down by the door, with a tag that said "to Chris." Lazlo immediately knew it was from Kent and picked up the cat, quickly walking it out of the hall and out of the building. He had once heard a phone call with Chris talking to his sister and mentioning he couldn't babysit because he was so allergic to her cats that he would need an ambulance within the hour of walking through the door. 

Lazlo was mildly aware that this could have been an exaggeration, but he was not wrisking it. Somehow he found a girl who was just eyeing the cat in his hands with so much love and desire that he just handed her the cat and ran away.

"THANK YOU!" she had yelled back but he didn't give her so much as a glance back. 

He needed to get back to his basement and shower before Chris woke up and felt sick. When he got back he saw that Chris was up and 'buying' coffee, nose a little pink and was in the middle of a sneezing fit when Lazlo was in view. 

"-Etschiew-etschiew-eh'hiew-hiew'-hiew-hiew!" Chris took a breathe and sighed, "oh, excuse me." 

"Bless you." 

Chris jumped, before smiling, "well good morning, Lazlo. Coffee?" He gestured to the machine.

No one else was awake, so he just shrugged.

"i'll take that as a yes," Chris got him some coffee and came to hand it to him, only to see Lazlo take a step back, "I'm not contagious." 

"I know," Lazlo quickly took the coffee and stepped back again, not touching Chris' hand at all, "feeling ok?"

"Allergies," Chris shrugged and sat down, "grass pollen is probably high, no big deal." 

"you look sick," Lazlo felt guilty about not being fast enough.

"You really know how to charm a guy," He sniffed and smiled, trying to coney he took no offense, "I always look this dashing in the morning."

"I should go," Lazlo nodded and walked back into the dorm/closet.

"See ya," Chris watched him go, used to his disappearing acts. 

"Who are you talking to?" Ick came in and took Chris' coffee, taking a sip.

"myself?" Chris scrunched his nose up in a way that made Ick melt.

"Do you want to shower with me?" 

"if I ever say no-"

"I know I Know," Ick kissed Chris.

Kent had just gotten back from the mall with a new bottle of cologne, He was showing it to his buddies, being completely overheard by Lazlo. They were snickering about showing it off tomorrow and spraying Chris in the face before their big midterm test.

Lazlo knew it could send Chris into an allergy induced asthma attack, and he wasn't going to let that happen. So. while Kent was asleep, Laszlo snuck into the guy's room, stole the cologne and empties it into the drain pipes, refiling it with water. He left a little in the nozzle so that the first spray kent would use, to check, would be perfume, but the rest would just be water. He didn't care how much it had cost Kent to get it; he wasn't going to let Chris get sick.

Kent went outside and sprayed a bit into the air to show his friends, who feigned interest, the perfume just as Chris came out, "Good morning, Christopher." 

"Good Morning, asshat," Chris was about to walk past him when Kent sprayed him in the face, "what the hell?" 

"What?" Kent tried not to grin, "don't like my cologne?" 

Chris rubbed his face with his sleeve, as Lazlo waited on baited breath for a reaction, "Is it Ode de Vatican?" 

"excuse me?"

"Is it holy water?" Chris licked his finger, "because this is water. You've been scammed."

The look on Kent's face was priceless, and Chris just grinned and went off to ace that exam. Lazlo had hacked the records to see how Chris did, and he was very proud.

"Good morning, Lazlo," Chris was down in Lazlo's den with a box, "I take I haven't waken you?" 

"uh, no?" Lazlo wasn't surprised Chris came to visit. It had been a few days since they'd seen each other and Lazlo knew Chris would be worried.

"Good," He sat down next to him and handed him a box of donuts, "thought you'd like to have breakfast with me." 

Lazlo smiled and opened the box, seeing a lack of jelly donuts, "you always get jelly filled..." 

"They only had strawberry jelly," Chris scrunched up his face, "I'm allergic to strawberries, sorry." 

"I'm not upset," Lazlo took a chocolate donut and handed the box back to Chris, "just wondering why you strayed from habit." 

"I like unpredictability, Lazlo," he grinned and took a blueberry one, "but I'm seriously very allergic to strawberries."

"noted," Lazlo nodded slowly before frowning, "didn't Kent mention going Strawberry picking this weekend?" 

"Remind me not to make out with Kent, then," he jested before taking another donut and handed Lazlo coffee, "stop looking so stressed. He doesn't make my food." 

"I'm not stressed," Lazlo was actually very stressed. 

--------------------------------------

Kent was making a smoothie upstairs, hoping to get Chris to take a sip, unaware that Chris was very aware of his strawberry picking adventures.

"Chris, taste this for me?" Kent poured a cup full.

"Kent, honey," Chris patted him on the arm, "if you think i'm going to drink this strawberry filled smoothie, ha! you've lost your mind." 

"It's rasberry!" 

"You hate rasberry, but nice try," Chris took the smoothe and threw it towards the sink, "Kent, I am not going into anaphylactic shock because you're pissed i got a higher grade on our midterm." 

"wait," Kent looked genuinely concerned, "you go into shock?" 

Chris faked shock, "Jerry didn't tell you about my allergies?" 

"He said your tongue gets itchy," Kent looked really concerned.

"yeah, right before I stop breathing," Chris rolled his eyes, "this is why you check your facts, Kent." 

Now, In Lazlo's defense, this had nothing to do with Kent, directly. Kent really had no idea this was even going to happen. Jerry had been so pissed off about his house that he actually did something none of them expected. 

Kent was sent a bunch of chocolates, as was Mitch and Chris. What they didn't know, was that these weren't from their parents, but from Jerry. Chris had been suspicious of his package and threw it away, knowing his parents would never send him chocolates. What he didn't know, was that Mitch's parents weren't keen on doing that either, and when Mitch was eating some chocolate, he figured Mitch must have gotten something from his parents for a year well done, or something. Kent was the one who brought the gifts to their dorms, having picked up their male. 

You'd think Chris would realize they all had the same chocolate package, but the thing was- he never opened his. He saw his parents' name on it and threw it away without thinking, and Kent hadn't opened his package either, leaving it on his desk. 

Kent had taken one from Mitch's box and looked off into space, "what is that flavour?" 

"well, they all saw it's caramel," Mitch shrugged, "so it's probably caramel." 

"this is gonna get stuck in my braces," Kent frowned, using his tongue to try to keep his braces clean. 

"that sounds awful," Chris bit into one and saw that pink center, "Why is it-?" He paused as the flavour started to hit his tongue, quickly realizing what it was and spitting it out in his hand and rushing to the sink to brush his teeth in hopes of getting it all out before he reacted. 

"What?!" Mitch and Kent said in unisen, Chris spitting his out too like it might be poison. 

"ick.." Chris started to feel his tongue tingle, " get.. Ick .. now!" He yelled at Kent who went running.

"What's wrong?" Mitch went to Chris and watched as he clawed at his throat.

"straw..berry.."

"Holy shit!" Mitch freaked out and went to the hall, "ICK! CHRIS IS GOING INTO SHOCK!" 

MItch was almost run over with the speed of which Ick was suddenly sprinting past him. 

Chris started to down, only to be caught by Lazlo who was holding him and trying to keep him calm as it got harder to breathe. 

"where-?!" Ick found Chris and practically dived to the floor, stabbing Chris in the leg with his epipen and massaging the area, "Just breathe, you're ok." 

Chris started coughing as the adrenaline kicked in.

"Get water! lots of it!" Ick yelled behind him and took a water bottle from where kent had thrown it in, "drink this, Chris. we've got to flush your system." 

Lazlo was softly urging him to drink and breathe, looking nowhere but Chris' face. 

"don't drink too fast, you'll just choke," Mitch took the water bottle from Chris, upset about his swollen lips, "what did you eat?" 

Chris weakly pointed to the bed where Mitch's chocolates were.

"Who the fuck puts strawberry in chocolates?" Ick went to look at the box, "and why does it say chocolate caramels?!"

"Jerry," Lazlo was holding onto Chris tightly, "He must have switched out what was inside the box, hoping Chris would get sick." 

"that bastard," Ick threw the chocolates out the window, "someone grab some benadryl." 

"already got it," Mitch came in and gave the medicine to Chris, who looked really tired. 

"hey," Ick was back kneeling beside him, "don't fall asleep, ok? We need the swelling to go down first, then you can sleep all you want." 

Chris just nodded and held onto Ick like his life depended on it, and really.. it kinda did.

"Chris.. i'm so sorry.. I had no idea," Kent looked anxious. 

"you couldn't have known," Mitch glanced at kent as he rubbed Chris' leg, "do we call an ambulance?" 

"They aren't going to do much than we already have," Chris sighed, "besides, I have an IV kit in my room." 

"i'm.. ok," Chris sat up, overwhelmed by the concern, "just.. tight." he coughed a little.

"talking will only hurt," Lazlo rubbed his back. 

"we'll take turns keeping watch," Ick frowned, "I gotta call this in, add this to Jerry's list of felonies." 

"I've got him," Lazlo piped up, "I'll watch." 

"I can take night shift," Jordan was suddenly in the doorway.

"I think he'll be fine by nightfall, but just in case," Ick squeezed Jordan's arm before walking away.

"Thanks," Chris coughed and leaned more into Laszlo, "Laszlo.." 

"for what?" 

"taking.. care.. of me.." 

Laszlo blushed and hugged him, "always. You're my friend." 

Chris nodded, "friend."

22 minutes ago, starpollen said:

Any chance we might get something from “Willow?” 😉 Just curious… 

I have not seen Willow, but if/when I do, I shall give you a better answer. But in the meantime, I am taking requests with Doc H and Chris.

Tombstone: DOC HOLLIDAY

The Walk

Wyatt and his wife came toward the outside of the Oriental to see his brothers, their wives, and Doc all talking. 

"Doc!" Wyatt smiled a little shocked to see him out and about. He heard from Kate he wasn't feeling well last night and figured he'd be in bed today. Now that he was closer, he could see that Doc was leaning on his cane and Morgan was watching him carefully, clearly just as worried as Wyatt, "Virgil, Morgan, ladies," He tilted his hat.

"oh, Wyatt," Allie grinned as she squeezed Virgil arm in hers, "We were just about to go for a walk to through the trees, care to join us?" 

Wyatt looked at Doc, expecting Doc to make some excuse about being unable to go, but Doc was just looking off into the distance, unaware of Wyatt's stare.

Mattie, Wyatt's wife, hit his arm, "We'd love to." She had always been jealous of how much time Wyatt spent with Doc. She didn't think it was sexual of any kind, but anyone who spent more time with her husband than her, even if it was platonic, pissed her off.

"Yes, yes," Wyatt kissed Mattie's hand and smiled at Allie, "sounds like a wonderful idea." 

"It is a beautiful day," Louisa smiled back at them, "Spring has just sprung. We should see some beautiful flowers." 

"Nothing is as beautiful as you, doll," Morgan kissed his wife's hand, smiling as she giggled. 

"Shall we begin?" Allie pulled her husband by his hand and started the procession. 

Wyatt wanted to grab Doc's arm, help him walk, but Mattie had pulled him away. He kept glancing back as Doc walking behind, keeping up just fine, but staying out of view and out of the way. Morgan felt his wife elbow him, and whispered something in his ear before looking at Wyatt. He understood and kissed her before she ran off to take Mattie's other arm.

Morgan walked over to Doc and took his free arm, much to the man's confusion, "Wyatt's worried, and my girl's gonna kick my ass later if I don't make sure you're alright." 

"i'm fine," Doc did take the arm and squeezed a little in silent thank you, "just having a bit of a hard day." 

"yeah," Morgan rubbed his arm with his free hand, "Wyatt was worried sick last night."

Doc turned his head to cough a little, "It was nothing to trouble over." 

"It's not like you let Wyatt see for himself," Morgan ignored the death glare he received, "he cares, Doc. We all care-" he saw the look, "-even Virgil. Just let me hang here with you until the crease in Wyatt's forehead goes away." 

Doc just nodded and walked silently, not giving the commentary they were all so used to, which worried Wyatt immensely.  

Morgan felt the stress and sighed, "If you don't say something, Wyatt's gonna panic."

"I have nothing to say," Doc raised a brow, "I'm a dentist, not a botanist." 

"you're also the smartest guy we know," Morgan grinned, "Think of something, smart ass." 

"careful, Morgan," Doc actually smiled, "you might just inflate my already massive ego." 

"What are you two talking about back there?" Wyatt had turned around, an expecting Louisa starting at Doc.

"just how you must be the luckiest man in the West to have such beautiful women on your arms," Doc said, winking at Wyatt.

"Jealous, Holliday?" 

"excruciatingly," He bowed his head at Mattie, "but I must say, I can see why Louisa is so taken by the young Earp. He is very strong," he patted the younger Earp's bicep, "He's carried me this whole way without so much as a huff." 

"I think you're doing the huffing for me," Morgan whispered as he rubbed Doc's back.

"Let's take a break," Louisa said and looked out at the field of wildflowers, "It's too beautiful to pass by." 

Allie let go of her husband and took Louisa's hand, running into the wildflowers, looking like a dream. 

"Damn," Morgan piped up, "We are lucky men." 

Wyatt kissed Mattie's hand, "would you like to join them?" 

"I think I will," Mattie kissed her husband and ran towards the girls, a rare occasion these days. 

"Luckiest of them all, i'm sure," Doc drawled before gripping Morgan harder, clearly feeling dizzy. 

Wyatt was watching the girls and so was Virgil, when Doc's eyes rolled back into his head and half passed out in Morgan's arms. Morgan didn't make a sound, just catching Doc silently, and sitting down on the floor with him, hoping that if Wyatt looked, it just seemed like they were chilling in the grass.

Virgil looked over and rolled his eyes, "he pass out again?" 

"Damn it, Virgil," Morgan chastised, watching Wyatt turn and kneel down by Doc, checking his temperature.

"I'm alright, Wyatt," Doc was awake, not having fully passed out, "Go join your wife." 

"you're too sick for this, Doc."

"Nonsense," Doc gripped Wyatt's hand, opening his eyes to look at him, "I will be here, alive, when you come back. Now go enjoy the sun with your wife. Please?" 

Wyatt agreed, albeit begrudgingly, and walked over to the woman, putting a wildflower in Mattie's hair. 

"Thank you, Morgan." 

"Don't thank me," Morgan pushed some hair out of Doc's eyes, "just rest." 

"You two should join your wives," Doc sat up, "I promise not to go anywhere." 

"But-" 

"Go," Doc leaned against the tree and put his hat down over his eyes, "I won't move." 

Doc had fallen asleep, and the couples were laying in the grass, joking and enjoying the flowers. Allie had taught the others to make flower crowns and all, even the men, were wearing them. Allie had even made one for Doc, which she would give him when he woke up. 

"Do you think he'll wear it?" Allie looked back at the asleep man, somehow still looking cool and deadly.

"Yeah," Wyatt grinned and picked another flower, "I can tell ya, He won't ever take it off." 

"oh," Allie laughed, "I'd never ask you to wear this in town."

"he'd wear it and shoot anyone who made fun of it," Wyatt squeezed Allie's hand, "That I can guarantee." 

"I think it will bring out his eyes," Allie looked proud of her work, "bring some colour to his features again." 

"He could use it," Morgan kissed Louisa and chuckled when she added another flower to his hair.

"you all look so dashing in your flower crowns," Allie kissed Virgil and smiled when he pulled her down on top of him in the grass.

"should we leave you two alone for a bit," Louisa teased before standing up and running towards more wildflowers, Morgan following suit. 

Wyatt looked at Mattie, realizing she had fallen asleep in the grass, hand holding the laudenum she'd brought. Upset, he got up and went to go check on doc. Just as he came closer, Doc twitched and opened his eyes, "Wyatt?" 

"Yeah, Doc," he sat next to him and looked him over, "how ya feelin'?" 

Instead of answering, Doc took out his handkerchief and coughing something awful, blood soaking the handkerchief. 

"bad day?" Wyatt took his own handkerchief out and gave it to Doc, "I always carry spares." 

"For me?" Doc wheezed a bit.

"Yeah," Wyatt shrugged, "I worry about you." 

Doc just took the cloth, letting his fingers linger on Wyatt's, "I'm not worth it, Wyatt." 

"why would you say that?" Wyatt look over towards were he knew Virgil and Allie were, "Allie adores you. Louisa keeps checking on you when she thinks i'm not looking, and Morgan and Virgil have been sneaking medicine into your whiskey for years." 

"I've noticed," Doc smiled, "I appreciate all of it." 

"Allie made you a flower crown," he pointed to the one of his head as example.

"I will cherish it as long as it lasts," Doc was serious, "she is very good at that." 

"yeah, she's real good at a lot of things-" 

"you're awake!" Allie was running over with the crown, "I didn't want you to feel left out." 

Doc got up with Wyatt's help and took the crown, "Thank you." 

"You don't have to wear it if it's silly-"

"I find nothing silly about this, dearest Allie," Doc put the flower crown on, "you're kindness makes an old lunger very grateful." 

Allie hugged him before going back to Virgil. 

"you're not old," Wyatt grabbed a wildflower and put it behind his ear, "you do look good." 

"why Wyatt, are you flirting with me?" 

"what of it?" Wyatt stepped closer, feeling bold.

"not in front of your family," Doc coughed and used Wyatt's closeness to pretend he was dizzy as an excuse for Wyatt's proximity. 

"are you feeling faint?" Wyatt took his arms, steadying him.

"no," He sniffed, "but if you wish to have the conversation I know you want to have, I do not want to have it here." he saw Wyatt's face drop, "But I do.. want to." 

"Alright?" Morgan was there with Louisa, looking concerned.

"He was dizzy," Wyatt moved closer and gripped Doc by the waist, making Doc lean on him, telling him he didn't care if they knew. 

"We should head back," Louisa came closer and touched Doc's forehead, "you're fevered." 

"he's always feverish," Wyatt rubbed Doc's back when he turned his face as to not breath on Louisa. 

"Still, you need rest."

"Don't ruin your outing for me," Doc tried, but was interjected.

"You have not ruined anything," Louisa chastized and fixed his flower crown, "Everyone is hungry. I think we could all use a hot meal and some shade." 

"Of course, we'd understand if you didn't want to join us for lunch," Morgan looked from Doc to Wyatt, "maybe you two should get a head start. You look real pale, Doc."

"Mattie is-"

"Asleep in the grass," Louisa giggled, "we will wait for her to wake then find you for lunch," she winked at Doc, which Doc liked immensely, "now go." 

Wyatt took Doc's cane and handed it to him, walking back towards the way they came. A while down the road, when they were far enough not ot be seen or in fear of them running into him, Wyatt turned Doc around and kissed him. 

"Wyatt-" Doc pulled away and coughed.

"Are you alright?" Wyatt put a hand on his cheek.

"I am now," Doc took a breath before kissing Wyatt, "just needed to cough." 

"Do you need a break?" Wyatt rubbed his back.

"I can move a bit farther," Doc gripped his cane, "perhaps to that stream you like?" 

"yeah," Wyatt took Doc's hand and showed him the way.

Eventually they made it to the stream, just as Doc squeezed Wyatt's hand in warning. Wyatt turned to see Doc's spaced out look and quickly moved to catch him, and hold him tightly, "you're ok," He began to kiss his face as Doc fainted in his arms. Calmly, he sat on the ground with Doc as he waited for him to come to. This wasn't the first time or last time Wyatt had to catch Doc. He was happy to be helpful. But this was the start to a different dynamic with them. Now, he knew Doc felt the same for him, and he could kiss Doc until he felt better and and hold him through his fits. He didn't have to hide his love for him anymore, and he was beyond happy. 

When Doc woke up, he saw that very love on Wyatt's face and he smiled up at him, "So this is what that feels like." 

"What?" Wyatt smoothed back his hair.

"To wake up to someone you love, loving you back," Doc coughing a little into Wyatt's stomach, "it's nice." 

"i'll always be here, Doc," Wyatt bent down and kissed him, "you'll never have to wake up alone, again, if I can help it." 

Perfume and Daisies

Wyatt had to get Doc out of that saloon. Women were spraying perfume left and right and he knew Doc wouldn't be able to breathe, which has led the two of them into the woods. Doc had been trying not to cough the entire time they were walking, but now that they were alone, He finally stopped trying to pretend like he was alright. 

"TSCHIEW!" Doc suddenly bent over dramatically, coughing harshly as the sneeze ripped his throat.

"That's what you get for holding back all this time," Wyatt helped him back up and gave him a fresh handkerchief when he saw blood on his lips, "it's just me here." 

"I know," Doc turned away to cough, taking the new handkerchief and pressed it to his lips, "I hate perfumes." 

"they've never been your friend," Wyatt brought him by the stream and sat down next to him, "you're eyes are red." 

"You know I don't sleep well," Doc took Wyatt's hand and leaned against the tree.

"this probably isn't helping," he plucked a daisy out of the grass, "don't these bother you?" 

Doc looked over and scrunched his nose up, "they do," he shrugged and closed his eyes, resting, "maybe they will get on with this tickle that doesn't seem to want to bloom." 

Wyatt watched Doc rubbed his nose a little too harshly and took his hands in his, "you're going to get red." 

"I do not care much for my appearance at the moment." 

"come here," Wyatt pulled on his hands a little until Doc made moves to come closer, telling him it was ok to bring him in, "let me help you." 

"you do that every day," Doc leaned against Wyatt's chest and kissed his jaw, "my nose itches," he whined as he rubbed his nose against the stubble on Wyatt's jaw.

"I think I can help you with that," Wyatt kissed Doc's lips before bringing the daisy to Doc's nose, watching the smaller man recoil in surprise before relaxing and sniffing the flower. 

"oh..." he took another sniff before his eyes closed and he sneezed off to the side, "EHTCSH!" 

"God bless you," He chuckled as Doc elbowed him, "look at me." 

Doc scrunched his nose up and looked at Wyatt, "you're enjoying this." 

"Maybe I am," Wyatt kissed the ball of Doc's nose before bringing the flower close to him again, watching as Doc twitched and hitched, pollen setting the itch in full gear. 

"EAGHTSChiew!" he openly towards the flower, misting Wyatt's hand, making the bigger man swallow thickly, "EHSchiew!" The coughs that followed sent him looking for his handkerchief, wiping up the blood from his lips and the mess forming under his nose. 

"That perfume really bothered you," Wyatt kissed his cheek, taking a clean handkerchief to gently wipe under Doc's nose, unaware that he was inducing him in the process.

Suddenly, Doc grabbed Wyatt's hand with the handkerchief and sneezed wetly in the folds, "TDSChiew!" 

"Sorry Doc," Wyatt rubbed his nose more firmly and kissed his shoulder.

"nonsense," Doc sniffed and leaned back against him, "I need the relief." 

"still?" Wyatt ran his fingers through Doc's hair, kissing his sweaty forehead. 

"I think I have a few more in me," he wiggled his nose, sniffing a bit thickly, "the pressure in my head has lessened." 

"that's good," Wyatt twirled the flower between his fingers.

"could you do that thing-" he touched his hand, "you did with your finger." 

"this?" Wyatt brought his hand up and ran a finger down Doc's bridge, smiling softly when Doc's eyes fluttered shut, "is it helping?" 

"hiiih!" Doc moved his chin up, forcing Wyatt's finger to put more pressure on the ball of his nose, "TDSChiew!" He sneezed into his cupped hands, before sighing.

"better?" 

Doc nodded and sniffed, "Do it again." 

Wyatt happily obliged, waiting until Doc was leaning against him again and ran a finger down his nose, feeling every twitch, "i never knew you were so sensitive." 

"cir-hiihh," he closed his eyes and hitched for a moment before sighing, "circumstances change." 

Wyatt brought the daisy closer, letting the petals rub against his nostrils, his finger still moving down his nose, then starting again. He could feel Doc tense up, sneeze coming close.

"Tsch-" The small sneeze escaped only to start hitching immediately after, "hiih-Eaghschiew!-EHschiew!" 

Wyatt moved the daisy away and took the handkerchief to wipe Doc's nose for him, "you look much more relaxed." 

Doc took the handkerchief and blew his nose thickly, coughing a bit after wards, "I no longer feel like my nose is filled with feathers." 

"Good," Wyatt pulled him closer and kissed his irritated nose, then his lips. 

"Can we stay?" Doc nuzzled back into Wyatt's neck, "I don't want to go back just yet." 

"We can stay," Wyatt held Doc closer and gently rubbed his back, "I like it out here. We can finally be alone, together." 

"for a moment, we reach peace," he rubbed his nose before muffling a sneeze into his handkerchief, "pardon me." 

"since when do you ask for forgiveness?" Wyatt wiped away an irritated tear from Doc's cheek, "Doc, I-" he couldn't find the words to describe how he felt right now.

Doc just kissed his cheek, "I know, my dear," he rested back against him, "I feel just the same."

• 2 weeks later...

holy SHIT I love your drabbles. I've been re-reading the "real genius" ones all day and I'm losing my mind just a little bit (read: a lot). I adore the way you write and everything about your characterization. tysm for posting!!! 

On 8/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, bornandgrown said:

holy SHIT I love your drabbles. I've been re-reading the "real genius" ones all day and I'm losing my mind just a little bit (read: a lot). I adore the way you write and everything about your characterization. tysm for posting!!! 

AH! Thank you so much for commenting and reading! I didn't know there were people who like Real Genius so i'm elated to find you! XOXOXO

Request from AO3: Your drabbles are incredible! If I may, could I possibly request a situation in which Chris is having a not-so-great time with his allergies and is forced to spend the day with Kent for some reason? Perhaps a punishment from Jerry has them cooped up in the lab together? Do whatever you want with this; use it, ignore it, take half the prompt. Much appreciated and I'm really looking forward to whatever you write next :)

Green Circles

Chris new today was going to be a bad day the moment he woke up and his sinuses were killing him. It didn't help that he immediately had to sneeze, and knowing Mitch was still fast asleep, buried his face in his pillow to muffle the sound. The mess that was left behind made him want to throw up. Instead, he decided to get up, do some laundry, washing his sheets and pillow. Just as he was making his bed again, Kent walked into his room, smiling.

"Why are you so happy?" Chris sniffed and stood up, glancing at Mitch who was staring at Kent like he ruined his happy dream. 

"Jerry wants to see you," Kent was grinning now, braces reflecting light, hitting Chris in the eyes, making him need to sneeze again. 

"ITschiew!" Chris pulled his shirt up and bent over, almost hitting his head on the wall, "Itschiew-tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-schiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mitch walked over and handed him the tissue box, having realized Chris' hayfever was making him miserable. 

"thangks," Chris took some tissues and blew his nose, "Tell Jerry i'b sick."

Kent gave him a once over, "You do look sick." 

"Charmber," Chis sniffed, "I'll go. Baybe he'll say i'b gross and send be hobe." 

"Just keep whatever this is, to yourself," Kent made a disgusted face before leaving.

Mitch waited until Kent was gone and inside his own room before turning to Chris, "this is just pollen, right?" 

"Yeah," Chris pointed to the calendar, "Lazlo circled today in green." 

"Green means high grass pollen then?" Mitch frowned at how many circles were on the calendar this month.

"Well, it would be silly do bake the grass red," Chris scrunched his nose up, not having much energy to be witty, "forgive be if i'b not by usually cheery self." 

"i'd be more concerned if you were," Mitch rubbed his back, "You should probably go see Ick, first." 

"Yeah," Chris threw on a sweatshirt before heading out.

--------------------------

"You are going to help Kent in the lab today," Jerry didn't allow Chris into his house, using a broom to keep Chris at a distance, "And keep whatever virus this is to yourself." 

"How cad I do that if i'b around Kendt?" 

"I have no idea what you're saying. Just go," Jerry took out some hand sanitizer and used it on his hands, "Go away, my throat itches looking at you." 

"you cand't get sick that fasdt," Chris smiled slightly, fake coughing into his fist in his general direction. He watched as Jerry panicked and slammed the door to his house. He could have told Jerry it was just a really bad reaction to grass, but then he wouldn't get to watch him squirm. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Jerry sent you here?" Kent scowled as Chris walked into the lab, "I don't need you. I can figure this out by myself." 

"ok," Chris walked to the chair and sat down, huddling in on himself and closing his eyes, "I'd rather be in bed andyway." 

Kent glanced at him, trying hard not to look like he cared, "you're really sick, huh?" 

"Don't worry, Kent," Chris cleared his throat, "Allergies." 

"Cat?" Kent looked a little more nervous, but was relieved that Chris didn't open his eyes.

"Grass," He rubbed his nose a tad too harshly.

"Then you're not dying," Kent threw a towel at Chris, making the smarter man open his eyes, "clean the optics." 

"Cleand your own opdics," Chris threw it back, irritated, "don't dtest be today." 

"I'm in charge!" 

"Never have beend.. never will be." 

"Knight! I will tell Jerry!" 

"Ok," Chris got up and pulled his sleeves over his hands, "Tell him whatever you wandt," he sniffed and rubbed his face, "i'b dnot cleading the optics." 

"fine," Kent glared, "you'll just get snot all over it, anyway." 

Chris just walked over to the laser and looked for anything that he could see that could be enhanced. Instead, he had to turn completely way, sneezing into his elbow, vaguely aware that Kent was staring at him, "Hutschiew-hutschiew-uhtschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-'hiew-hiew!" 

"Bless you," Kent said automatically, before back tracking, "stop sneezing and do something useful." 

"i'b trying," Chris was in no mood for banter today, and just wanted to curl up on the floor until he could breathe through his nose properly. 

"no witty comment?" Kent raised a brow, "not snide comment? joke?" 

"dond't feel good, Kendt," Chris rubbed his nose, staring off in space.

Kent bit the inside of his lip before walking over and putting a hand on Chris' forehead, "you're not warm." 

"I dodn't have a fever," Chris sighed and moved Kent's hand away, "you cand sdop pretending to care." 

"i'm not-" Kent closed his mouth, realizing he was being very open with Chris, "I don't care." 

Chris narrowed his eyes at him, "You care." 

"shut up," Kent shoved him slightly, "no I don't." 

"You cand sdop the act," Chris coughed a little, mouth closed, "Ndo one else is here." 

"I'm not acting!" Kent went back to work, back to Chris. 

"Finde," Chris went back to checking, consistently keeping his sleeve to his nose, catching any snot that tried to run down his lip. 

After a while, Kent couldn't stand the sniffling any more and threw a box of tissues at Chris' face, "Blow your nose already, I can't think." 

Chris let the box hit him and land on the table, gratefully taking a few and blowing his nose. The pressure change made him cough, head feeling much lighter than it had been for the hour he'd been in the lab. Normally, he'd be embarrassed with how stuffy and congested he was, but he didn't give a single f*ck about what Kent thought about him. 

"Are you done?" Kent stood with his arms crossed, tapping his foot.

Chris just shook his head as he grabbed more tissues and pressed them to his face, "Itdsch-itsdch-itdsch-itdsch-itdsch-itdsch-itdsch-dsch-dcsh-dcsh-cdshew!" 

Kent winced as Chris blew his nose again, "you sound like shit." 

"I feel like shidt," Chris shivered somewhat dramatically.

"You didn't sleep last night." 

"Whadt?" 

"You get cold when you don't sleep well," Kent came over and wrapped his jacket over Chris' shoulders, before realizing what he did, "not that I care.." 

"Yeah," Chris sniffed, looking at Kent in shock, "thangks." 

"Try not to ruin it with your snot," Kent scoffed and went back to his station. 

They worked for a few hours before Chris' coughing started to sound a little to strained. Kent quickly walked over and helped Chris to a chair, wanting him to sit as he coughed, hoping he didn't faint.

"we're done for today," Kent frowned, "you're going to pass out." 

"we?" 

"Yeah," Kent rubbed Chris' back, "Jerry won't know." 

"Why?" 

"Because you've been staring at the same thing for 4 hours. You can't get anything done like this. Besides, i'm tired of hearing you." 

"fair," Chris shivered again, "you're going againstd Jerry." 

"Not really," Kent blushed, "We worked for most of the day," He shrugged, "he didn't give me a time frame." 

"Rebel," Chris sighed and leaned into Kent, "you're ndot so bad." 

"I've always been cool, you just never noticed," Kent said proudly, puffing out his chest.

"Don't push itd," Chris sighed, "by face hurds." 

"you probably have a sinus infection," Kent helped Chris stand up, "I'd giving you to Ick." 

"Yes, you are," Ick was suddenly there, instantly taking Chris from Kent and hugging him, "I'm going to kick Jerry's ass." 

"ndo," Chris whined, "too sigck." 

"we can talk about killing him when you feel better," Ick kissed Chris' head and glared at Kent, "You let him work like this?" 

"I was following Jerry's orders!"

"Kent, Jerry doesn't give a shit about you. Stop blindly following his orders," Ick threw Kent back his jacket, "do better." 

Kent stood there, aghast, watching as Ick led a very whiny Chris home. 

-----------------------

"I don't know if i'm hallucinating," Chris was now easier to understand after Ick gave him some medicine for his sinus inflammation, "but Kent was actually.. nice today." 

"Kent? Nice?" Mitch looked so lost, "you're definitely hallucinating." 

"he gave me his jacket," Chris wrapped his arms around Ick and cuddled further into him, "I was so cold, Ick." 

"I know," Ick pulled the blanket better around him, "but you sound better." 

"Maybe he's changing," Chris yawned and closed his eyes, "Maybe it was the grass talking." 

"Definitely the sinus infection," Ick kissed his forehead, "we really need to be more vigilant with taking your meds." 

Chris was already snoring when Ick finished, making Ick and Mitch just sigh.

"Where is his medicine?" Mitch got up.

"Sit," Ick opened the drawer to the desk and pulled out a bottle of allergy medicine, "He hates them, but he really needs to start taking them again. Especially in the spring." 

"Can we hid them in his coffee?" 

Ick actually laughed, "worth a shot." 

aww dude this one was great!! love chris just not giving a fuck around kent and the latter trying so hard not to care when he actually does lol. I didn't realize you were open for requests on this thread; would it be alright if I asked for chris encountering a cat? you keep hinting at it and i've latched onto it a bit 😅 don't want to overwhelm you or anything but i'd LOVE to see it if you feel like writing it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: Perry 

Summary: Harry finds Perry's old high school boyfriend (the one that got away) and tries to bring them together when Perry is at his least vicious; under the weather.

Old Flames

Perry new he wasn't going to get any rest when Harry ran into his office with the biggest smile on his face; he hated it, "What now?" 

"I found something," Harry walked in and sat on the corner of his desk, ignoring the way Perry glared at him.

"We don't have a case," he pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling his headache come in full swing.

"Well, you don't have a case," he wiggled excitedly as he held the file, "well, except for the case of the sniffles, but look at this." 

Perry really wanted to push him off the desk, but took the paper, reading it, "Why are you showing me this?" 

"It's Bobby Mills! The dude who got away!" 

"I know who it is," He bit the inside of his cheek, eyes unable to look away from his perfect face, "Why are you showing me this?" 

"He lives not far away from here!" Harry nudged him a bit, looking at him like he was dense, "You should go talk to him!" 

"Please stop screaming," Perry closed his eyes, "god.. my head." 

"If you play your cards right," Harry wiggled his brows and tapped the picture, "I'm sure he'll give you head." 

"I haven't seen him since high school. I've moved on-"

"Your eyes say differently," He hopped off the desk, "promise me you'll go say hi?" 

"I'm sick, Harry," he sounded exasperated.

"Hey, if you're not feeling well, then we shouldn't go out tonight," Harry frowned.

"What are you talking about?" 

Harry took out Perry's calendar and pointed to the date, "we have that party tonight?" 

"Fuuck," Perry put his head on the table, "I forgot." 

"Clearly," he pursed his lips, "Too bad you're sick. Bobby was gonna be there." 

"You go, take Harmony," he sniffed and stood up, instantly feeling like he was going to faint, "I'm going home." 

"Let me drive you," Harry took his arm, "You're swaying bad."

"Swaying badly," Perry cleared his throat, "What is with you and adverbs?" 

"Grammar is confusing- Just come on," He pulled him towards the door, haphazardly grabbing his things. 

Perry paused just before the door and lifted his elbow to his face, "hu'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

Harry snorted, "that was the gayest sneeze i've ever heard." 

"Shut up," Perry rolled his eyes and continued walking out of the building.

Once he got home, Perry showered and took some medicine, hoping to fall asleep for the remainder of the day and hopefully magically become well come morning. Of course, that was impossible. 

He was rudely woken up around 1am when someone was knocking on his door, seemingly urgent. With a groan, he got out of bed, put on a robe, and walked towards the door, "Harry I swear to god unless you're bleeding out-" He opened the door and his mouth fell open.

"Hey," Bobby Mills, the one that got away, was standing in the doorway.

It suddenly dawned on him that he must look like shit, eyes bloodshot, nose red and raw, and it wouldn't surprise him if he was paler than casper the friendly ghost. He moved back and half closed the door, hiding behind it, "Robert, this isn't the best time... I"m-"

"Sick, I know," Bobby pushed the door open and closed it behind him, frowning at Perry's appearance, "oh, honey, you've got a fever." 

"What?" 

"You're eyes used to get all glassy, just like that, when you had a fever," he put his hand on Perry's forehead and frowned, "yup, just as Harry said." he tsked.

"Harry?" 

"You're assistant," Bobby walked further into the place, taking a blanket off the couch and wrapping it around Perry, "he saw me, told me how sick you were and I couldn't just let you hurt yourself." 

"I was sleeping-" 

"That's a first," He put a hand on his cheek, "You used to work yourself raggid and i'd have to carry you back to the car to drive you home." 

"That was a long time ago," he scrunched his nose up, "Before you met your wife." 

"My wife?" Bobby raised a brow, "I'd be upset if you didn't just do that cute little nose scrunch i've missed so much," Bobby smiled, "Honey, I never got married. She ran off with the pool boy after 3 months of dating." 

"Oh," Perry scrunched his nose up again, holding back a sneeze, "Why are you here again?" 

Bobby took a breathe before sighing, "To be your knight in sparkly armour?" 

"huh?" Perry put his wrist to his nose, sneezing taking control, "ktsh-ktsh-ktsh-ktsch'uh." 

"God, you're so cute," Bobby grabbed the tissues and took some out, gently wiping the underside of Perry's nose, "you really do have the cutest little nose." 

"little?" Perry sniffed and pulled the blanket better around him, "I'm still confused." 

"You're a detective," Bobby threw the tissues out, "Why do you think i'm here?" 

"Do you still love me?" 

"I never stopped, handsome," Bobby took his face in his hands, "now will you accept it and let me take care of you? When you're more coherent, we can talk about this. OK?" 

Perry would have argued, but the shirt clinging to Bobby's torso was so tight and sheer he could see the abs and muscle underneath so clearly, Bobby might as well not wear one at all, "ok.' 

"Good boy," He kissed his forehead, "time for bed." 

"Don't tell Harry," Perry crawled into bed, "can't have him thinking he did something right." 

"That would be awful," Bobby chuckled before coming in, "I won't tell him anything. Now come here and get some rest." 

-----------------------------------------------------

When Perry woke up, he was a little surprised to see an empty bed beside him. Great, Bobby had been a fever dream. The more he woke up, the more he realized about his condition. He was soaked through, fever clearly had broken over night, yet his headache still remained. 

"ktsch-ktsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch'uh," he sneezed openly down his chest before falling back against the pillows, moaning softly.

"Bless you, kitten." 

Perry nearly fell of the bed when he jumped, "Bobby?" 

"Yea," the taller man was wearing nothing but an apron that said "kiss the chef", "how are you feeling?" 

"Did we-" Perry rolled his eyes as his nose itched, "Kiew-kiew-kiew-kiewkiew-kschiew!" he had ducked into his elbow, not wanting to be gross.

"bless you," Bobby walked over and touched his forehead, "you're all sweaty, come take a shower with me before I finish breakfast." 

"Babe," Perry was too sick to argue, "If I ever say no, shoot me." 

"Never," he kissed Perry's lips, "You know I love it when you play hard to get." 

"you'll get sick, Bobby," he weakly pushed him away.

"If I remember correctly, you make excellent soup," he kissed his lips again before pulling him up, "you really did get sexier with age, huh." 

"Why did you come back?" he was starting to get more lucid.

"Baby, you were the one that got away," he wrapped his arms around Perry's waist, "I've hated myself for letting you go all this time. When Harry told me how to find you, I had to shoot my shot." 

"I've missed you too," Perry let himself lean into him, "how the fuck did your muscles get harder.." 

"If you take your medicine, I might just let you touch them," he took Perry's hand and moved it up his shirt at his rock hard abs, "I got into Bodybuilding." 

"That's so hot," Perry buried his face in his neck, "please don't leave again." 

"This time, i'm staying forever," he kissed Perry's head before pulling him towards the bathroom, "my abs aren't the only thing hard." 

Perry actually thought about getting Harry a bonus for this, but that thought was washed away the second Bobby took off his pants, "oh my god." 

"Save it for the shower," he grinned and started taking off Perry's clothes, "I plan on making you scream it later." 

------------------------------------------------

Back at the office, Harry convinced Perry to come in, taking on a case that he hoped Perry would let him do on his own. It was a suspected cheating scandal, but since Perry was still sick, maybe he could convince him to stay in the office and let Harry do the stakeouts.

"I don't want you alone," 

"Woah," Harry frowned, "What happened to your voice?!"

The elevator dinged and out came Bobby, wearing an even tighter shirt, carrying to cups, "I know you wanted coffee, but you've still got that cold and your throat needs all the help it can get before- oh, hello Harry." 

"You got some!" Harry threw a pencil at Perry.

"Shut up-" Perry turned into his elbow to cough, wincing as he did so.

"aw, honey," Bobby rubbed his back, having put his coffee on the table, and handed Perry the tea, "drink some, it's not too hot." 

Perry took slow sips until his throat relaxed and he could stand back up properly, "shit.

"I told you, you're too sick for work," he frowned and ushered him to sit at his desk, "Let the kid try. I can keep you company here." 

Harry was practically bouncing up and down, "fine. Only because I feel like shit.

"I swear you won't regret it.'

"When you say shit like that, I usually do," Perry sighed and rubbed his face before ducking into his hands, "Ktsh-ktsh-ktsh-ktsh-ktsh-ktsh-ttsh-tsh-tsh-tsh'uh." 

"Goodness, Bless you a million," Bobby kissed his head, "poor thing." He started massaging his temples, smiling a little when Perry relaxed.

"Bring Harmony. She clearly holds the braincells in your relationship," he coughed again and scrunched his nose up. 

Harry mouthed- thank you- to Bobby, who just smiled and nodded, "I will. Get some rest, you'll be proud of me!" 

"I doubt it,"  Perry pinched his nose shut and stifled a small fit.

"Stop that," Bobby slapped his hand, "you're just going to be all stuffy and make your migraine worse." 

"ok," he sniffed and nuzzled into his boyfriend?'s stomach, letting him hold him there.

"I've got mister grumpy, go to work," Bobby shooed Harry out of the office, smiling when he saw Harry do a little dance as the elevator went down, "He's adorable." 

"he's straight." 

"Not with that dance," Bobby kissed the top of his head, "Give it time." 

Perry sniffled thickly and winced, "whatever you say, baby." 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 6:12 PM, bornandgrown said:

aww dude this one was great!! love chris just not giving a fuck around kent and the latter trying so hard not to care when he actually does lol. I didn't realize you were open for requests on this thread; would it be alright if I asked for chris encountering a cat? you keep hinting at it and i've latched onto it a bit 😅 don't want to overwhelm you or anything but i'd LOVE to see it if you feel like writing it! 

I'm sorry this took forever! Ugh I feel so bad about making you wait so long; i've just been slammed. Let me know if you have anymore requests!

Cats

Chris was sitting in his lawn chair, a few helium balloons strapped to the chair, lifting him just a few feet off the ground. He liked the feeling of floating, and found it much easier to study; like his head was already in the clouds. He needed to do some studying to try to figure out the problem with the lazer, and he was fresh out of ideas. He needed a 'Eureka!' moment if he wanted to graduate, but so far all he got was a sinus headache from pollen.

"Hey Chris!" Mitch called from a few yards away, running over.

"What's up, Mitch?" Chris put a hand up before ducking into his other elbow, "Haschiew!-achiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew!uh," he sighed and sniffed, "find something?" 

"Bless you," MItch grabbed the lawn chair and pulled Chris down a little so they were face to face, "someone let loose something in the lab!" 

"A Lion? Tiger? Bear? Oh my," Chris feigned shock.

"What? oh, funny," Mitch rolled his eyes, "No, someone lost their rats or something and it's all hands on deck."

"Ah, not 'mouse'ier Curie," He jumped off the chair with his books and ignored that the chair floated away, "The hunt is on!" 

"But your chair?!" 

"Don't worry, Mitch. I have a tracker on it," He took Mitch's arm and they both ran to the lab.

It wasn't unsurprising to see students from other concentrations there, but he was shocked to see Ick; the love of his life.

"Ick!" Chris came over and kissed his boyfriend, "here to help rescue our damsels in distress?" 

"I have no idea what i'm looking for. Some people are saying mice, others hamsters? I heard one person say it was a dog?" 

"Well, we must begin at once to find our mouse/hamster/dog hybrid. It's going to make headlines!" Chris seemed very unconcerned, happy for any reason to not study, and ran into the building, "here little hybrid buddy!"

"Wait for us!" Mitch grabbed Ick and ran after Chris. 

They looked under tables, between cracks, and even hoisted Mitch up to check the air vents. So far nothing. They went into the lazer room, the only place off limits except for a select few. Chris theraized that the 'little monster' probably ran in while Kent left the door ajar. Of course, Kent was against that accusation, and said that he was certain he'd notice a dog running past him. Chris was more than happy to correct him on the presumed species of lost pet. Of course, Kent rolled his eyes and started checking the lazer incase whatever critter snuck into something delicate.

"If this little weazel messed with my lazer i'm going to have it stuffed," Kent fumed.

"Your lazer?" Chris raised a brow, shaking his head slightly in shock, "Well, I had no idea you had such strong feelings. I think you two will be very happy together." 

"Shut up. Knight," Kent threw a pall of paper at him, only to watch him bat it away.

"we should probably clean it incase any hair was left behind," Mitch looked at Chris, frowning as he noticed him scrunch his nose up; clearly needing to sneeze, "rodent, dog, or whatever this things is." 

"could be a re'hih..reptile'ehh-" Chris pulled his shirt over his face and ducked into his elbow, "Schiew!" 

"Not this again," Kent rolled his eyes, but turned completely towards Chris to watch his display, "Eh'schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-hiew-hiew-hiew." 

"God bless you," Mitch rubbed Chris's back during the fit, frowning as Chris looked more itchy after the fit than before, "are you alright?" 

Chris sniffed and rubbed his nose harshly, "yeah, I huhh-" he kept his wrist to his nose, eyes glazing over as he waited for the tickle to surface, hitching softly.

Ick felt bad for his boyfriend and walked over, gently running a finger down the bridge of his nose, knowing it would coax out the tickle.

"Th'hahh'nks-" Chris tried to thank Ick before bending over, "SCHIEW!" 

"Sneeze first, babe," Ick ran a hand through Chris' hair as he had his fit.

"Ah'schiew-aschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew," Chris stood back up properly and shook his head to clear it, "jesus." 

"If you get me sick, Knight," KIent glared at him.

""m dnot sick," Chris sniffed and rubbed his eyes.

"Are you having an allergic reaction?!" Ick pulled his hands away and looked into his eyes, "Chris, look at me? Do your eyes itch? tongue? throat?" 

"Yes, yes, yes," Chris cleared his throat, "thingk I-Aschiew!" he sneezed down his chest, spraying Ick a little, "Kndow whad id is.." 

"We're looking for a cat," Mitch looked horrified.

Chris nodded before ducking down again, "schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-schiew-dchiew!" 

"And your wheezing," Kent dropped his 'asshole' routine and ran to find a medical kit. 

"We're leaving, right now," Ick grabbed Chris' arm and put it over his shoulder, "Mitch, get the door and call 911." 

"What why?!" MItch did as he was told, opening the door before running to find a phone.

"Because I don't have epinephrine!" Ick could hear Chris start to wheeze.

"JORDAN!" Ick yelled as loud as he could, hoping she would hear him from wherever she was in the lab.

"What happened?!" Jordan came running down the hall, 'Is he not breathing? It's a cat! OH I knew it was a cat. I mean didn't know, but I guessed from the fur. He needs oxygen!" She turned around and ran to find some.

Chris was now wheezing loudly, barely able to get much oxygen, and his face was starting to look puffy. He was coughing a lot, even after being outside and in the fresh air.

Jordan came running outside with her oxygen tank and immediately put it on Chris's face, turning it on watched him breathe.

Mitch sat down nervously next to Chris, rubbing his back and trying to figure out someway to help, "They said they'd be here in 5 minutes." 

Chris just nodded before taking the oxygen mask off the couch, "o..k.." 

"Keep it on!" Ick put the mask back on him, frowning at how swollen his eyes were, and his lips even looked plumped, "Just keep breathing, babe." 

Chris gave him a look like, 'jee, thanks for the advice, I planned on suffocating.'

"Don't sass me with your eyes," Ick started to freak out when Chris' eyes started to shut, "no! no-" He slapped Chris and held his face in his hands, "you stay awake. Don't you dare pass out." 

"I FOUND EPINEPHRINE!" Kent almost fell down the stairs, but successfully gave it to Ick.

"Thank GOD!" Ick uncapped it and stabbed it into Chris' thigh, waiting ten seconds, before pulling it out, "breathe, damn it!" 

Chris gasped and started coughing harsher than before, gasping for air as the epinephrine kicked in.

"Oh, thank god," Ick pulled Chris in close and hugged him, "i'm going to melt that cat." 

Chris just coughed into Ick's shoulder, saving his breathe.

"the ambulance is here!" Mitch got up and started waving, trying to get their attention.

Once the car was there, EMTs ran out and helped put Chris on the stretcher. Ick was telling them how long he'd been sick and exposed before given the epinephrine, and hopped into the ambulance with Chris, telling them his medical history, medical allergies, and whatever else he thought they should know. Chris ended up staying overnight at the hospital, the doctor and nurses wanted to make sure he was in the clear before releasing him to Ick and the head of school (with his parents permission, of course.) His parents, knew Ick was more than qualified to take care of Chris, and any reason they didn't have to make the trip down, was good enough for them. So, now Chris laid in his bed at school, face still puffy and swollen, curled up in the arms of the love of his life.

"How are you feeling?" Ick kept peppering his face with kisses.

"Ligke I god sdung by a bee while havigg the worsd cold of by life," (LIke I got stung by a bee while having the worst cold of my life).

"It will go down after a few doses of benadryl," Ick held him close as he coughed, "Jordan and Mitch went to go get you some soup from the restaurant across the street." 

"Sdice.." ('s nice) Chris closed his eyes and yawned, "really sleepy." 

"That's the benadryl, honey," Ick pulled the blanket over him, "i'm putting an epipen in every one of your pants pockets, and your backpack, and in MItch's. 

"Who's.. backpack?" Chris slurred as sleep overtook him.

"You're hopeless," Ick rolled his eyes before giving him one last kiss, staring fondly at his swollen face, "Good night, my stupid genius." 

oh my god?? thank you so much for filling this, it was absolutely worth the wait and much appreciated! I hope everything calms down for you soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to prove that I am not dead and I have no intention of stopping any of these drabbles that I have made. I promise Tombstone and Top Gun will be back shortly. Sorry for the long hiatus.

REAL GENIUS: 

New Love Interest: 

The last thing Mitch expected to hear when he went to the bathroom this morning, was soft moaning. At first, he stopped in his tracks, too shocked to do anything other than freeze. After a few seconds, he recognized that tone of voice. While he had never heard them moan in these…circumstances, but, he had heard him moan after a good burger. The moaner was none other than Chris Knight. He was mortified to be in there and rushed out. Instead of running to their shared quarters he just stood in the kitchen entirely lost.

After a few minutes, he heard someone come out of the bathroom and the familiar morning greeting he dreaded, “Good Morning, Mitch. Sleep well?”

There was a strange edge to his voice though, that he didn’t expect to hear from someone who had just… yeah, “Great,” he awkwardly pulled down his shirt, “Good morning?”

“No,” Chris, still towel-clad, sat down in a chair, and spread his legs, towel barely keeping him decent, “I’m just so…”

“Frustrated?” Mitch blushed furiously.

“Exactly,” Chris sighed, “and tense,” he pressed against his chest and rubbed it, “I need to go out.”

“Out where?” Mitch really hoped Chris would throw on some clothes before he dashed away.

“Anywhere,” He got up quickly and grabbed Mitch by his shoulders, “You should come with me.”

“Why?!”

“To get laid!” Chris threw his hands up in the air like it was the most obvious thing.

“I’m with Jordan.”

“Bring her!” Chris turned Mitch around and pushed him towards the door, “Go get laid for the both of us!”

“What does that mean?!”

“I should shave,” Chris looked down at himself.

“I didn’t know you could grow a beard,” Mitch furrowed his brow.

“I can’t,” Chris smirked before going into their shared quarters, not even bothering to close the door as he threw the towel away.

“Oh jeez,” Mitch closed the door for him, before looking at Jordan’s door, “I guess It’s worth a try.”

--------------------------------------------

The next time Mitch saw Chris, he was in the quad, arms wrapped around a pretty blonde that he didn’t recognize; probably because their faces were pressed against each other in a passionate kiss. He only looked long enough to realize it was Chris before turning back around and heading to class. Even that was enough for him to realize that, that kiss wasn’t like his usual kiss. This wasn’t some party where Chris would kiss someone, and they would swoon. He’d pick them up and go into a secluded space, and do God knows what. This one seemed more… real. Mitch couldn’t place why, but it was definitely different.

-------------------------------------------

When Chris came to the room that night, he looked even more frustrated than earlier.

“Date didn’t go well?”

Chris leaned against the door frame and slowly slid down it as he talked, “It went great.”

“Then why do you look like that?”

“I couldn’t do it.”

“Couldn’t do what?”

“I couldn’t have sex with her,” Chris looked over at Mitch, eyes exhausted and confused, “I wanted to. I really wanted to. But it felt... wrong?”

Mitch suddenly grinned, “You really like her!”

“Excuse me?”

“You like like her!”

“Of course, I like like her,” Chris looked sort of amused, “that’s a big part of the whole dating thing.”

“But this isn’t like the other girls you pick up,” Mitch was now standing, “you want to keep her.”

“Mitch,” Chris raised his brows, “a person is not an object.”

“God, I hope you never treat a woman like you treat your stuff,” he looked around the unkempt room, “Seriously,” he looked back at Chris, “you’re-“he whispered this part, “sexually frustrated.”

“Why are we whispering?” Chris whispered back.

“I don’t want the whole hall to know we’re talking about,” he goes back to whispering, “sex.”

“I’m sexually frustrated!” Chris yelled down the hall and smiled as he got some “me too”s and the like yelled back.

“Chris!”

“It’s ok to talk about sex, Mitch,” he grinned, “one day you’ll like it.”

“I’ve had sex,” he scrunched his face up, “and I liked it.”

“Atta boy!”

“Shush,” Mitch blushed and looked down.

“Was it with Jordan?” Chris wiggled his brows.

“Yes…”

“Tell me everything.”

“NO!”

“Pleeease,” Chris pouted and leaned back, “I need to live vicariously through you.”

“That’s gross,” Mitch threw a pillow at him, “go take another shower.”

“So, it was you this morning.”

“Don’t remind me,” he made a disgusted face.

“Don’t scoff. Masturbation is a beautiful thing,” He threw the pillow back before standing up.

“So, why haven’t you had sex with your new girl?”

“She isn’t mine,” Chris ran his fingers through his hair, “I just um..”

Mitch watched as Chris went from smiling at the notion of her being his, then it all falling into this anxious, manic, worry, “I don’t want her to leave.”

“Why would she leave?”

“That’s what happens. We have sex and I never see them again,” Chris started pacing, “that’s what I was used to. I was fine with it, but now-“

“You want her to stay.”

“She’s just so,” Chris went back to that daydreamy face, “amazing.”

“Tell me about her.”

“How do you describe an angel?” Chris flopped onto his bed.

“Are you, Chris Knight, at a loss for words?”

“I can’t talk to her sometimes,” Chris sat up, “it’s like my tongue turns to Osmium.”

Mitch couldn’t help but giggle, “The great and powerful Chris Knight, taken down by a girl.”

“She’s not just a girl,” Chris swallowed, “She’s so beautiful.”

“Is that really all she is? You think everyone’s beautiful.”

“She’s radiant,” Chris put his face in his hands, “She’s so smart, and she’s got these eyes,” he whined, “You look into them and you realize they aren’t just green. They have halos of blue around them and specks of gold in the iris. She looks right through any façade you put on. It’s like she can really see who I am. I can’t fool her.”

Mitch sat back down, really loving this new side of Chris.

“And when she touches me,” Chris curled his toes, “I just suddenly feel so calm and seen.” He let out a breath, “It’s like I’ve been longing for her touch my entire life and I can finally relax.”

“That’s how I felt when I met Jordan,” Mitch smiled, “like I finally found someone who heard me.”

“And that’s the craziest part,” Chris ran over and knelt by Mitch’s bed, “I don’t even have to say anything. She just looks at me and It’s like I’m a book. It doesn’t matter what I say or pretend to be, she just knows exactly what to say; and when she kisses me, it’s like I’ve been desperate for air and she is oxygen.”

“Does she go here?”

“Yeah, Language department,” Chris laid down against the floor, “she’s got a very talented tongue.”

Mitch rolled his eyes, “So, what’s her name?”

“Rebecca,” he slowly said the name, letting each letter roll of his tongue, like it was some passcode that would unlock the pressure within him, “Mitch,” he paused.

“Yeah?”

“Is this what love feels like?”

“Yes, Chris,” Mitch laughed, “you are in love.”

“Yay,” Chris closed his eyes, “I love her.”

-------------------------------------------------

“I want to tell her.”

Mitch opened his eyes, not having expected to be woken up by Chris talking into his ear, “wha?”

“I want to tell Rebecca that I love her.”

“Then do it.”

“I have to do it right,” Chris shook Mitch until he was fully awake, “What do you get girlfriends?”

“I don’t know,” Mitch sighed, “Flowers?”

“Oh yeah,” Chris rolled his eyes, “nothing says ‘I love you’ like an allergy attack.”

“Right,” Mitch forgot Chris was allergic to flowers, “Chocolates?”

“What if she doesn’t eat chocolate?”

“How long have you two been going out?”

“Two months,” Chris nervously shook his foot.

“and you don’t know if she likes chocolate?”

“We haven’t talked about her level of chocolate liking. What if it’s just ok?”

“I think it’s more about the gesture than the actual chocolate.”

“What if she’s allergic to chocolate.”

“Have you ever seen her eat chocolate?” Mitch raised a brow.

“Yes,” Chris groaned, “this is crazy.”

“Chris,” Mitch wasn’t used to being the advice giver, “you’re trying to be someone you’re not to impress her. Can’t you just be yourself?”

“You mean a manic-depressive genius who is failing out of college because our crazy professor is obsessed with a laser?”

“Yeah,” Mitch smiled at Chris’ dumbstruck face, “I loved Jordan the moment I met her. I love that she doesn’t sleep, talks a mile a minute, and how she’s so easily distracted. She never needed to change who she was to earn my love. She’s perfect exactly how she is. If Rebecca doesn’t love you for you, then she doesn’t love you at all.”

“Jee, thanks,” Chris fell back against the floor.

“Has she seen you manic before?”

“Yes,” Chris looked at Mitch like he was an idiot, “I’m always manic.”

“Not always,” Mitch finally sat up, “just do what feels natural to you.”

“Ugh, this isn’t going to end well.”

“Have a little faith.”

--------------------------------------------------

He didn’t have a lot of time to put something new together, so he decided to just fix something old. The minute he was done, he grabbed her from her dorm room and ran with her to the lab.

“Turn on the switch.”

“This one?” she said.

“Yup,” Chris was bouncing a little.

“Ok,” She smiled as he turned it on and a laser went through the room, shining in different directions as mirrors changed the directory, “oh wow.”

“Follow the laser,” Chris was grinning, holding out his hand to her.

“What are you playing at?” She smiled and took his hand, happy to follow him back outside, “When did you have time to do this?”

“I always find time,” Chris squeezed her hand before bringing it up to kiss her knuckles, “run?”

“Run,” she agreed and dashed off with him.

They made it to the wall in no time, and Chris pulled her into his arms as the laser started to etch something into the wall with light.

“I know I get tongue-tied around you when I’m not off in science world,” he gestured with his chin to the wall, “So I thought I’d spell it out for you.”

In lights were the words, “I love you”.

“Oh,” Rebecca smiled, quickly looking back at Chris, eyes searching for something before she spoke, “You really mean it, don’t you.”

It wasn’t a question, but he needed to answer anyway, “Yeah, I really do.”

“I love you too, Chris,” she put her hands on either side of his cheeks, “you are the most wonderful man.”

“Not nearly as wonderful as you,” he leaned into his palm, eyes closing slightly, “I want you to stay.”

“Where do you think I’m going?” She stepped closer and kissed his lips lightly.

“I’m afraid that if we have sex,” Chris took a deep breath, “and trust me, I really want to,” he ran his hands down her figure, “that you’ll leave.”

“Are you that bad?” she teased.

“I’ve never heard a complaint,” Chris had the glint back to his eyes.

“Then why would I leave?”

“Because I’m difficult.”

“So am I,” Rebecca ran her thumb across his cheeks, “nothing worthwhile in this world is easy.”

“You think you can handle me?”

“Better question,” she stepped even closer, thigh putting pressure on his crotch, “do you think you can handle me?

“It would be my greatest pleasure,” he started to kiss down her neck, chest, and stomach, “and soon it will also be yours.”

• 8 months later...

I got a request for Sick Wyatt, so here ya go! Sorry, this is so short. Getting back into the swing of things. Happy Christmas all!

Interruptions

Doc placed his hands on the piano and let the music come to him. He never knew what he would play until he touched the keys. Music wasn't something you just did. Music had to speak to you. That was something he firmly believed, and he never did requests. Why in God's name would someone ruin the atmosphere Chopin created with his music for something so juvenile as 'old dog tray' whatever that was. If he really thought about it, he could probably play it after someone sang a few bars, but he couldn't get his fingers to move. He never did things people wanted him to do anyway. His eyes closed as his right hand's pinky played D, and his left hand played G. As he played, his head bowed forward, slowly tuning out whatever was going on around him. Glass clinking became muffled and used almost like a metronome, the only other sound he let himself hear. 

He had almost finished the piece when he was startled out of his trance by the sound of a loud sneeze behind him. After the initial shock and the sudden influx of noise settled down in his head, he let himself look behind him. He didn't turn his head entirely, but just enough to see the man sitting there, a mug of coffee held between his hands, clearly more interested in the heat than anything else, through his peripheral vision. If it were anyone else, he might have just started a fight, or at least stolen his drink. But the man sitting there, looking about as pathetic as a man of his size could look, was his favorite person in the world, Wyatt Earp. 

"Sorry," Wyatt took one hand off of the mug and raised it lightly, a small surrender.

"Nonsense," Doc cleared his throat before turning around fully, legs now stretched out, one foot gently touching Wyatt's, "this place nor its patrons have the intellectual capacity to appreciate the genius of Chopin."

"You didn't finish," Wyatt gently tapped Doc's foot, smiling slightly as he realized Doc wasn't angry with him.

"I'm tired," He was always tired, but not enough at the moment to head to bed, "you look dreadful." 

"Yeah," Wyatt sniffed and rubbed his face, "can't seem to get warm."

Doc stood up and shrugged off his jacket and placed it around Wyatt's shoulders.

"Doc, you'll freeze-"

"I'm burning," He shrugged off Wyatt's concern, "you need it far more than I." He suppressed a shiver, his own fever fighting him.

"You shouldn't be near me, anyway Doc," He raised his own jacket collar to cover his mouth, "you could catch your death." 

"I've already caught it," Doc sat in the chair opposite of him, "You are a sensible Man, Wyatt, why on earth are you out?" 

"Mattie didn't want me germin' up the place." 

"Kicked out of your marriage bed for a cold?" Doc reached forward and placed a hand on his forehead, "hm."

Wyatt pulled away and grabbed Doc's hand, "you really are boiling."

"No matter," Doc took his hand back and cleared his throat, "I can wake the good doctor and fetch you some medicine-"

"And some for yourself?" 

"Don't push it."

"I don't need medicine, it's just a cold." 

"You're starting to sound like me," Doc took out his handkerchief as he started to cough through closed lips. This damn winter was torture to breathe in.

"You need to sit by a fire-"

"and breathe all that smoke?" Doc coughed again, this time hacking up a good bit of blood.

Wyatt could see Doc sway ever so slightly and got up quickly, going to his oldest friend and holding him steady, "I think it's time we both retire for the night." 

"Why Wyatt," Doc kept the cloth over his mouth, muffling his voice slightly, "you are in no condition to proposition me."

"Neither are you," Wyatt helped Doc up, "I'll make a fire and get some tea for both of us."

"You are pawing," Doc warned.

"And what do you call what you did?" he gestured to the extra jacket around his shoulders.

"Point taken," Doc wiped his mouth, lips already stained with blood, teeth now slightly pink.

"Rest with me? At least for the night."

"No longer worried I'll 'catch my death'?"

"As you said, you've already caught it," Wyatt wrapped an arm around Doc's waist, "come on."

People made a path, not keen on catching what the lunger was coughing up. 

When they made it back to Doc's apartment, Doc was soaked with sweat. The stairs had him wheezing and Wyatt made him sit on the bed while he got a basin filled with water. 

Wyatt came back, coughing himself a bit, sinuses draining into the back of his throat. He hated this feeling more than anything. He couldn't image the pain Doc was in. He glanced at the bed, expecting Doc to be giving him a look, but instead, the man had clearly passed out, back now against the bed.

"Doc!" It took great restraint for him not to drop the basin and rush to him, not so gently putting the basin on the ground before rushing to his friend. 

The yell was enough to rouse him, and Doc opened his eyes, "Wyatt..." 

"Can you sit up?" 

Doc shook his head, "no," he was still wheezing, "just.. need to.. catch.." 

"Don't talk," Wyatt picked him up so he could rest him against the pillows so it might be easier to breathe, "I don't understand why you didn't choose the first floor."

Doc gave him a look like 'You just told me to stop talking'.

"Explain it to me later," he picked up the basin and got a sponge, before coming back and taking off Doc's shirts, "just stay with me."

Doc continued to stare at Wyatt, his silent way of letting him know he was there and ok. After a few minutes, his breathing evened out, and he regained enough strength to squeeze Wyatt's hand, "I am... supposed to.. take care.. of you." 

"We can try again tomorrow." Wyatt wrung out the sponge and put the basin down, "are you breathin' easier?"

"Yes," Doc swallowed thickly and attempted to sit up more, only to fall back.

"Doc, lay still-" the word caught in Wyatt's throat and he turned away, walking a few paces to cough. It was beginning to sound a bit thick, which reminded him of how much he needed to stay a distance from Doc.

"That's quite.. the cough... you have."

"You're one to talk," Wyatt never liked to bring up Doc's consumption, knowing how much it bothered Doc, but the atmosphere of the room allowed a bit of teasing.

"Come.. lay," he started coughing, and quickly lifted a hand to cover. 

Wyatt came over quickly and saw that blood was splattered around Doc's hand and mouth, "Shit, Doc." 

Doc winced, not used to someone being so concerned for him. At least not someone he cared for, "stairs.. done me in."

"I knew we should have paused," Wyatt went to the cupboard and poured Doc a large glass of whiskey.

"Have some... yourself," He gratefully took the cup and drank a good portion of it like it was water.

Wyatt thanked him and grabbed another cup, pouring himself a small serving. 

"You never did... acquire a taste-" he coughed again and sipped more, "shit.." 

"Enough talking for tonight," Wyatt came over and kissed the top of his head, "rest with me." 

Doc finished the last of his whiskey and handed it to Wyatt. 

"Good night, Doc." 

Doc was out before Wyatt could finish his sentence. 

omg you're back!! i know i don't comment much but i just want to say that i hope you're doing well and that you're having a nice holiday if you celebrate :)

wishing the best for you come this new year!!