Sneeze Fetish Forum

PSA: Don’t get too worried or aggravated if you suspect somebody might have suspicions about our little secret.

starstorm00

Seriously, I just want to make this clear for some people, to help them calm down. I understand that some folks have panic attacks just thinking about being outed or accused of it by people closest to you, especially if you purposely sneeze a lot or say bless you all the time in order to indulge. But I’m telling you that 9 times out of 10 you are being paranoid. Which is actually quite normal, it’s a side effect. What we share is quite rare, and it’s much more likely this person would be flabbergasted to know that this was actually a kink. So please, take a few deep breaths and relax. You are not alone, you are loved, and you are OK. 😊

Co-signing this.  The fetish is obscure, most people would not even guess about thinking of sneezes that way, and stuff that seems super obvious to us would not occur to the average non-fetishist.  Go forth and feel free!

100%. I've told multiple women I've been with in my past. They've all - *all* - gotten a kick out of it and worked with me so that I could indulge. 

On 8/21/2022 at 7:11 AM, MeasuredMove said:

100%. I've told multiple women I've been with in my past. They've all - *all* - gotten a kick out of it and worked with me so that I could indulge. 

You’re lucky ahh. My boyfriend has induced for me once and knows about the fetish and how I wanted to include it in the bedroom. The last time I mentioned trying it, he said “you gotta just tell me what you want and what’s on your mind or when you want me to do fetish related stuff”. But for me, I don’t want to have to ask every single time and come across as needy or desperate. I guess we’re different that way because if he was into a certain kink, I would do anything to please him and I definitely wouldn’t forget about what he’s into during sex. -.- I know it may be an awkward topic for him and I get it. It’s just weird bc he’ll like pluck a nose hair in bed and sneeze a bunch and he’s done it like 4 times already, and I know he knows I like it but doesn’t initiate anything. It’s hard with a non fetishist long term I guess. 

@starstorm00thank you 🥺 I needed to hear it. I've been terrified of sneezing in public, even if there's nobody around me outside, since I was a teenager. I still am... Sometimes it's just so annoying that I physically cannot let myself sneeze around people even if I try to tell myself that it's fine. I really want to get over this mental block, and your words help me see that the world won't collapse if I sneeze and a stranger blesses me 😅

@Shianne08I think it's just what you should expect from a supportive non-fetishist partner. Look at it from a different angle: your boyfriend doesn't shame you or feel weird sneezing around you. Instead, he accepts your fetish and even takes part in it, even though it does nothing for him! It's amazing, and kind of rare in our community. Ever since I told my hubby about my fetish (on the second week of dating - talk about stupid bravery lol), I've been the one who pointed him in the right direction when it comes to what I like. Every time we're having fun, I tell him what exactly I'd like him to do in this particular moment ("I'd really love some uncovered sneezes, just let loose...") This makes it easy for my hubby (no guess games) and for me (I get what I ask for). Perhaps, you could talk to your boyfriend about it and tell him how insecure you feel when you always have to ask him for your fetish? Maybe when you're getting all intimate, he could hint you that he's down with some sneezing, and then you could tell him how you'd like it? From what you wrote, it looks like your partner is very supportive of the fetish, so I think things will work out for you two 💕

Those of you that may have read about my ex co-worker, the sneezy queen, I can almost bet she’s told her friends about how crazy I am for her sneezes. I know I’ve been around her friends and I’m sure at that time they knew all the different things she may have told them about my fetish for her sneezing. I have to say, idgaf. These people don’t mean anything to me for one, and for two, nobody gives a crap about what I like about someone else. They probably think I’m weird…oh who cares?! Lol 

I completely agree. Vanillas think there is a small and seldom-spoken-of category of things that are 'sexual' and that everything outside of that just isn't. The more pearl clutching ones further believe that if you 'sexualize' something from the wrong category, it's a transgression, and you're a weirdo. To get outside of the sneeze thing and see it from their point of view, think of something like bikini waxing. It's non-sexual to the client, it's non-sexual to the professional, and there isn't anyone else in the room. Therefore it's non-sexual, right? Well, not to a hypothetical phantom voyeur. Which is why there are are entire adult studios dedicated to nothing other than staged waxings.

My point is if they don't think something about the bikini area - of all things - is sexual, they're never in a million years going to suspect any given person of thinking sneezing is. I hope this is not too tortured an analogy lol.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:46 AM, peach_princess said:

@starstorm00thank you 🥺 I needed to hear it. I've been terrified of sneezing in public, even if there's nobody around me outside, since I was a teenager. I still am... Sometimes it's just so annoying that I physically cannot let myself sneeze around people even if I try to tell myself that it's fine. I really want to get over this mental block, and your words help me see that the world won't collapse if I sneeze and a stranger blesses me 😅

This may help, or it may not...but have you ever tried using Discord? There are a ton of communities out there — gaming, foreign language, movies, mental health support, etc... I would suggest creating an account and finding a server that interests you. Once you get on voice chat with a few people (not video call ofc), feel free to induce a few sneezes from time to time — paperclips, chhinkni, whatever it is. That way you can sneeze in front of people who don’t actually know you, and you’ll likely get a few “bless you’s” to boot. I feel like it would be good practice for someone who suffers from a severe mental block and wishes to feel more comfortable sneezing in public. I’ve never really had a problem sneezing or saying bless you to people, (I have allergies all year round and sneeze a lot of the time). Though I do voluntarily suppress in front of direct family, even though that doesnt really count, it’s difficult to do for me sometimes because the urge to sneeze never goes away lol. Anyway I hope my suggestions helps you if you decide to try it! Let me know if you even wanna chat sometime :)

My partner has a fetish, I do not. But I'm happy she does :)
It's taken me a while for my GF's fetish to sink in for me, and begin to accept that a genuine state of arousal can be sparked with such a common thing. Maybe I'm being naive, but I suspect "sneeze fetish" is going to go right over the heads of a non fetishist, and consistent blush/awkwardness responses to sneezes won't be suspected of having any sexual context.

Anyone with the radar to pick up on that sort of thing is imo more likely to be non-judgemental, as that would require some experience and understanding of these sorts of things. my $0.02

Great advice, sometimes we're biased solely because we know this fetish exists, while otherwise no one knows either cares. It's like that phrase: "treasure for some, garbage for others".

Each time I feel weird I just try to remember that.

all (2) people i have told have been astounded that it was a thing, and then surprisingly chill about it. i've explained it as derivative of other kinks like bondage, humiliation, etc., wherein the loss of control is what is arousing. the people I've explained it to were very very understanding, as all three of us are pretty open about those kinds of thoughts. 

don't be too worried about telling people, it can be your secret. but people are not as judgmental as we think :)

Thank you for the reminder! Whenever sneezing comes up in a conversation, I’m convinced I look awkward/there’s an announcement on my forehead or something. Need to try to remember this post when stuff comes up in everyday life 😂♥️

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 2:05 AM, peach_princess said:

@Shianne08I think it's just what you should expect from a supportive non-fetishist partner. Look at it from a different angle: your boyfriend doesn't shame you or feel weird sneezing around you. Instead, he accepts your fetish and even takes part in it, even though it does nothing for him! It's amazing, and kind of rare in our community. Ever since I told my hubby about my fetish (on the second week of dating - talk about stupid bravery lol), I've been the one who pointed him in the right direction when it comes to what I like. Every time we're having fun, I tell him what exactly I'd like him to do in this particular moment ("I'd really love some uncovered sneezes, just let loose...") This makes it easy for my hubby (no guess games) and for me (I get what I ask for). Perhaps, you could talk to your boyfriend about it and tell him how insecure you feel when you always have to ask him for your fetish? Maybe when you're getting all intimate, he could hint you that he's down with some sneezing, and then you could tell him how you'd like it? From what you wrote, it looks like your partner is very supportive of the fetish, so I think things will work out for you two 💕

Awee this is so sweet and took comfort in your words. My bf is a lot more open to and understanding that I have a fetish, much more than my ex husband, so I’m definitely lucky and happy for that. I did finally talk to him about and said I would bring it up more and tell him what I want. I do struggle with what to start out with or ask of him since we’ve only done it the one time. I guess I want to start our mellow and work into it, but for him, none of it may seem mellow lol. 
its all about healthy communication for sure.

Thank you for the kind and helpful words! 💖