Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cold From Hell - Chicago P.D.

Papetite

A/N: I’m basically obsessed with the One Chicago Universe right now and seeing as there seems to be nothing, I had to start writing my own! That being said, I really should start finishing fics before starting new ones. So sorry about that. Hope everyone enjoys! I already know where this fic is headed and so much sneezing to come! 

He woke up before his alarm. That was typical but not usually this early. 5:42 AM stared back at him in big red numbers. He didn’t have to be up for another two hours in order to make it in on time. Normally he and Hailey would be up by 6:30 to get in a run before work, but she had been fighting a cold (quite well to her credit) for the past week, so he had been letting her sleep until the last possible moment. She seemed to be feeling okay and was being perfectly honest with him whenever he asked how she was feeling, but she hadn’t complained once about him letting her sleep in so he knew she wasn’t feeling 100%. 

He turned toward her and stared at his beautiful wife. She looked so peaceful with her hair splayed out over her pillow; her mouth slightly open being the only indication that she was sick. They had been married for over a year and knowing that he got to go to sleep with her every night and wake up beside her every morning was just the icing on the cake. Though they’d been together for a while, this cold that she had picked up was the first illness either of them had to deal with together so far. Sure, they had each had their own bouts of illness, but that usually meant just texting the other to make sure they were still alive if they had missed two days of work. Otherwise, they both preferred to suffer in silence, something that the other hated when it wasn’t them feeling like crap. There was also the little fact that if the other caught the bug, Intelligence would be down two members instead of just one, and that really wasn’t an option. 

Now though, they were in it together. In sickness and in health as they promised.  But he couldn’t complain. Hailey wasn’t even really sick enough for him to be worried. Plus, she was a big girl, but he’d be lying if he said he just wasn’t the slightest bit disappointed. 

When she first started sneezing Jay had been looking forward to taking care of her, but at the end of the day, he couldn’t be upset that her immune system was doing its job, especially if that meant she wasn’t miserable. 

He watched her for a few more minutes before getting up, not wanting to wake her if she happened to be in a lite sleep for the first time in her life. 

He made his way into the kitchen and started the coffee. Once brewed, he poured himself a large mug before heading into the living room where he sat down on the couch before turning on the TV and catching the highlight reel from the game the night before. After an hour he got up and took a shower before making his way back into the kitchen.

He had just finished pouring his second cup of coffee when he heard the bedroom door open. He turned around just in time to see his wife wearing an oversize shirt with her wavy hair pulled up into a messy ponytail and her eyes fluttering.

“Ehhtchoo, ehtchoo, heh-chooo,” 

Jay smirked, “Bless you.”

She sniffed and looked up. “What are you smiling at Halstead?”

“Just thinking about how cute you are when you sneeze.”

Hailey stared at him. 

“There is no way I’m cute right now.”

“I don’t know. I think you are. I rarely ever see you sneeze.”

“Yeah well, I don’t sneeze often. Bad for the job so I learned a long time ago how to just, I don’t know, not sneeze.”

Jay raised his eyebrow, smirking again. “Oh yeah? And how’s that working out for you right now?”

“Oh shut up,” she said as she approached her husband, linking her arms around his waist and burying her face into his chest. “How long have you been up?”

“A couple hours. Couldn’t go back to sleep and I didn’t want to wake you up,” He said as he rubbed circles on her back. “How are you feeling?”

She took a step back so she could look at him. “Honestly, the same. Everything just seems to be in my nose, not even my sinuses or head, but my energy is still pretty good, and no fever or cough so…” she broke off, really not knowing what to think.

“That’s a good thing, right? You seem to be fighting this well.”

“Yeah, I agree. It’s just kinda weird. Normally something like this turns into the cold from hell after a couple of days and it’s been a week at this point, and to be honest, if it wasn’t the dead of winter, I’d think it was just allergies.”

“Yeah well, you’d actually need to be allergic to something for that to be the case.”

“Thhh-att toohh Hetchoo, choo.”

“Bless you,” he said as he handed her a tissue. 

“Thanks, I’m gonna go hop in the shower quick. Ready to go in thirty?”

“Copy that.”

• 1 month later...

OMG this is so good!!! I'm a huge One Chicago fan, so I would absolutely love to read more!!! Haley/Jay and other pairings too! I am so here for it!!! Great job so far!