Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do some people stifle without being aware that they're doing so?

Chillted96

I have noticed that some people that always stifle they're sneezes deny doing so. If you tell them to let there sneezes ot or to not hold them in/stifle them they say that they are letting them out and that's just how they sneeze. How do people stifle and not realize it? That's hard for me to fathom.

Depending on who you're saying it to, it could be a polite way of saying "don't tell me how to sneeze" because that could come off as really, really rude.  I might say something like that to someone I was close to if it sounded like they were hurting themselves stifling, but generally I wouldn't go around telling entire adults how to manage what their body does because I would be extremely offended if someone did that to me.  I'd be like, who are you to tell me what to do with my own body?

It would be like saying to a person about to put a big bite of cake in their mouth "Hey, you shouldn't eat that, sugar is really bad for you".  True? Maybe.  Any of my damn business? Absolutely not.

So I'm guessing people that stifle absolutely know that they stifle, they just don't want to be told how to sneeze because who the heck would?

(And this isn't even addressing the fetish angle of it. I don't even know if this is just random people who don't know about your fetish.  That's a whole different ballgame and I'm not going there.)

19 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Depending on who you're saying it to, it could be a polite way of saying "don't tell me how to sneeze" because that could come off as really, really rude.  I might say something like that to someone I was close to if it sounded like they were hurting themselves stifling, but generally I wouldn't go around telling entire adults how to manage what their body does because I would be extremely offended if someone did that to me.  I'd be like, who are you to tell me what to do with my own body?

It would be like saying to a person about to put a big bite of cake in their mouth "Hey, you shouldn't eat that, sugar is really bad for you".  True? Maybe.  Any of my damn business? Absolutely not.

So I'm guessing people that stifle absolutely know that they stifle, they just don't want to be told how to sneeze because who the heck would?

(And this isn't even addressing the fetish angle of it. I don't even know if this is just random people who don't know about your fetish.  That's a whole different ballgame and I'm not going there.)

Oh, don't worry. I wasn't the one telling anyone not to stifle. I just remember an instance of a n old lady telling someone in their late teens/early 20's not to stifle and that was the response. Also I've seenmultiple times on videos where people told the sneezer not to stifle with similar responses. I'm very not confrontational so you won't catch me telling someone how they should/shouldn't sneeze.

5 hours ago, Chillted96 said:

Oh, don't worry. I wasn't the one telling anyone not to stifle. I just remember an instance of a n old lady telling someone in their late teens/early 20's not to stifle and that was the response. Also I've seenmultiple times on videos where people told the sneezer not to stifle with similar responses. I'm very not confrontational so you won't catch me telling someone how they should/shouldn't sneeze.

Oh yeah, that seems pretty on brand for old ladies. :laugh:  I'm going with my guess of it feeling rude and intrusive especially to someone in their 20s, I get that older people find it more polite to show concern but it feels to me too much like getting all up in my business when I don't like it! (and I'm not in my 20s).  And the sneezer is being dismissive to make them go away.

On videos...if the videos aren't being made for sneeze fetish purposes then I'm guessing it's the same.  If I was making a video on...I don't know, movie reviews, and someone commented on how I sneeze, I'd be like "Dude, mind your own business" and deflect.

BUT, if they are specifically sneezing videos made for sneeze fetish purposes, that's where my theory falls apart.  If you're making content and you want people to watch it, don't you want to do with what people want to see?  To get more viewers?  I'm not active on that side of things either as a viewer or a creator, so I don't know what people are doing over there!

ETA: Sorry to have assumed that it was you going around commenting on people's sneezes and being more prickly than was called for!  I apologise for my prickly tone!!!!

Edited by SleepingPhlox

Maybe because most people don't think that as about how they sneeze than us here. For example, I didn't even know what stifling a sneeze was until I joined this community. I have never ever heard that phrase outside of the forum/sf community. I wouldn't even know how or would ever have thought to stifle a sneeze if I wasn't asked about it here.